Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
kevinjulio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:21:22 PM

hi , why is there no trading volume on yobit , over many days ?

T 
TRENDING.me
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
      ⓉⓉⓉ  ICO - 15th Sept to 20th Oct   ⓉⓉⓉ                              ⊵⊵⊵⊵⊵ TRENDING.me ⊴⊴⊴⊴⊴
  ⓉⓉ  Reducing weekly bonus during ICO  ⓉⓉ               ✔ Earn Trends with your fashion style and attire.
       ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ  TRENDS ICO  ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ                   ►  ANN ThreadWhitepaperWebsiteBounty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 10:23:36 PM

hi , why is there no trading volume on yobit , over many days ?

That is the old Moincoin. MOIN (v2) is listed on C-Cex: https://c-cex.com/?p=moin-btc

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:09:13 AM

it's a bit of a shock when you have to deal with the remaining swap funds.
they do represent the obvious fact that someone out there has not swapped - who's responsibility is it that they haven't?

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
Astroke

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:12:41 AM

when your central bank change your currency you have a time limit to complete the exchange. that's all.
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 10:19:02 PM

it's a bit of a shock when you have to deal with the remaining swap funds.
they do represent the obvious fact that someone out there has not swapped - who's responsibility is it that they haven't?

Yes we never expected there to be so much left over either. In my opinion the final responsibility lies with the people who own those coins - cryptocurrencies give you more control over your money, but in return they require a higher degree of personal responsibility. In a way, MOIN can be thought of as a new project that we've allowed holders of Moincoin a share in for burning an abandoned coin. Even if we wanted to, we don't have the right to commandeer coins or force people to burn a coin that we didn't develop in the first place. If someone mined MoinCoin and then didn't bother to check on its progress for six whole months - aeons in crypto - I'm not sure what else we can do about it. I don't think it could be argued that the takeover wasn't adequately publicized because we've been posting about it here solidly for six months now.

I did a quick search to check the duration of previous coin swaps:

XDE II:
14 days (with extra premine as funds for the team)

AmsterdamCoin:
7 days

CataloniaCoin:
14 days

XMG:
Unclear though doesn't seem to have been very long
(Part of the premine used for a PoM campaign to bring in new users, part going to the devs)

Ours has already run for over 100 days. I feel like we've gone above and beyond the call of duty now. The takeover of MOIN has been entirely self-funded and I've already put a huge amount of time into it. If people aren't interested in the idea of an IPO using part of the remaining coins to help fund the project then I'm going to have to be doubly ruthless with my time going forward to make sure that we achieve everything we've set out to, before I'm no longer able financially to devote as much time to it.

So unless anyone has a really strong argument for why we shouldn't, we'll be going ahead with a ten-week winding down period (starting March 1st) using Axl's suggestion of a weekly burn (10%) and corresponding reduction in the swap rate. This gives anyone with Moincoin one last chance to swap it and gives them an incentive to do it ASAP. And like I said I'll make the effort to message personally everyone who's posted in the other threads over the next few days.

Me having control of the swap fund was a necessary evil, but it may now be scaring off potential investors and hampering our efforts to get on other exchanges. As a takeover the odds are already against us to an extent, I don't think we should make things any harder for ourselves.

kevinjulio

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:26:00 PM

only 1.69btc to 5m satoshi, $MOIN

T 
TRENDING.me
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
      ⓉⓉⓉ  ICO - 15th Sept to 20th Oct   ⓉⓉⓉ                              ⊵⊵⊵⊵⊵ TRENDING.me ⊴⊴⊴⊴⊴
  ⓉⓉ  Reducing weekly bonus during ICO  ⓉⓉ               ✔ Earn Trends with your fashion style and attire.
       ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ  TRENDS ICO  ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ                   ►  ANN ThreadWhitepaperWebsiteBounty
HarryPorter

Activity: 610

crypto = passion

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:45:09 PM

any other ways to win some MOINs after SuperBlock done..?

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
moncorp

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:20:20 PM

Poloniex? I'm wanting to see Moin there

Radium - Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:22:31 AM

Thanks KingCaper I think that plan is a good one and I like how the reducing swap value give any remaining MOIN holders a message of urgency that this swap really is about to end.  Maybe wait another day or two at the most to see if anyone has any grievances and then set firm dates to get this swap over with.

any other ways to win some MOINs after SuperBlock done..?

There are the cryptosprout faucets: https://cryptospout.com/faucet/hourly_moin_faucet.html & https://cryptospout.com/faucet/daily_moin_faucet.html

There is the irc chan where rains happen on occasion #moin-crypto

And also there is a contributor point system in the IRC channel where things like retweets or posts or anything creative you can come up with can be rewarded with points.  The contributor with the most points at the end of the time period wins some MOIN.

There will probably be other giveaways and opportunities to win MOIN in the future too.  I was kind of daydreaming about a "game show" in which people can participate to win MOIN. Would like to think of it as more than just a trivia faucet though.  Always open for collaboration.

giveaway end?

yes the recent Twitter giveaway has ended.

Updating www.moinmovement.org with a little bit of info about the current discussion and ending the swap.
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 09:38:20 PM

Alright, so as you may have seen if you've already checked your inbox I've sent the following message to every single person who's posted in a Moincoin/MOIN thread.

Hi,

You're receiving this message because you posted in a Moincoin/MOIN announcement thread.

Please be advised that we're currently discussing ending the Moincoin (v1) to MOIN (v2) swap. If you'd like to have your say have a read from this post onwards and let us know your thoughts in the thread.

As things stand we'll be winding the swap down from the beginning of March. The current swap rate of 1 Moincoin -> 10 MOIN will remain in place until the second week of March, when we will burn 10% of the unclaimed MOIN and reduce the swap rate by 10%. This process will be repeated each following week until none remain.

If you still hold any Moincoin please swap it as soon as possible by following these instructions:
https://discovermoin.com/swap

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Kind Regards,
KingCaper.

Let's see what effect it has.

axllht

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:38:07 PM

Alright, so as you may have seen if you've already checked your inbox I've sent the following message to every single person who's posted in a Moincoin/MOIN thread.

Hi,

You're receiving this message because you posted in a Moincoin/MOIN announcement thread.

Please be advised that we're currently discussing ending the Moincoin (v1) to MOIN (v2) swap. If you'd like to have your say have a read from this post onwards and let us know your thoughts in the thread.

As things stand we'll be winding the swap down from the beginning of March. The current swap rate of 1 Moincoin -> 10 MOIN will remain in place until the second week of March, when we will burn 10% of the unclaimed MOIN and reduce the swap rate by 10%. This process will be repeated each following week until none remain.

If you still hold any Moincoin please swap it as soon as possible by following these instructions:
https://discovermoin.com/swap

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Kind Regards,
KingCaper.

Let's see what effect it has.

peace of your mind for sure Smiley

kevinjulio

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:44:50 PM

I do not understand what the content of your message , and yes I still keep the coin in wallet !

T 
TRENDING.me
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:49:45 AM

I do not understand what the content of your message , and yes I still keep the coin in wallet !

tl/dr

If you havent swapped your OLD Moin for NEW Moin then do it now !!!

Longer Version.
The swap has gone on long enough, it is being phased out with a gradual decrease in swap ratio.
Every week from March. 10% of remaining swap NEW Moin will be burnt, hence there will be less remaining for available swaps.

After thinking about this, I can't see any reason to prolong the process. Perhaps reduce the proposed 10 weeks to 4 weeks with a 25% burn or something similar to quicken it.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:30:43 AM

why i can't sent moin to yobit???  Huh

they said "invalid addres"

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 10:38:39 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 09:14:19 PM by KingCaper

Putting this here and will add to it so that I can point people towards it instead of having to repeat myself.

FAQ

Q. Why can't I send my MOIN to Yobit?

A. The version on Yobit is Moincoin (the old version) - hence the difference in price. If you have coins on Yobit please swap them immediately because soon you won't be able to. MOIN (the new version) is traded on C-Cex.

Q. I took part in the recent Twitter giveaway, do I need to swap?

A. No, you received MOIN (the new version). You do not need to swap.

Q. I got some MOIN from the Cryptospout faucet, do I need to swap?

A. No, Cryptospout is on version 2 - you do not need to swap.

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:46:39 PM

My 2 cents:

5. Create a proof-of-work token with a supply equal to the number of MOIN left over that people can mine and then swap for MOIN. To avoid a similar situation arising a firm cut-off date for the swap would be set and clearly stated from the beginning.

I like this idea here.... would it be possible to do it like DUO  ( Parallelcoin ) and have it be minable both sha256 and scrypt?

That is if we go that way...

Otherwise I am on the fence between total burn after the swap, or some sort of airdrop...

KJMZNine

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:52:24 AM

Exchange in c-cex ?
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 10:37:55 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 11:05:03 AM by KingCaper

tl/dr

If you havent swapped your OLD Moin for NEW Moin then do it now !!!

Longer Version.
The swap has gone on long enough, it is being phased out with a gradual decrease in swap ratio.
Every week from March. 10% of remaining swap NEW Moin will be burnt, hence there will be less remaining for available swaps.

After thinking about this, I can't see any reason to prolong the process. Perhaps reduce the proposed 10 weeks to 4 weeks with a 25% burn or something similar to quicken it.

I'd be happy to reduce it to 4 weeks to for what it's worth, but as I said it'd be ten in the messages sent out it's probably easier just to stick with that.

My 2 cents:

5. Create a proof-of-work token with a supply equal to the number of MOIN left over that people can mine and then swap for MOIN. To avoid a similar situation arising a firm cut-off date for the swap would be set and clearly stated from the beginning.

I like this idea here.... would it be possible to do it like DUO  ( Parallelcoin ) and have it be minable both sha256 and scrypt?

That is if we go that way...

Otherwise I am on the fence between total burn after the swap, or some sort of airdrop...

Thanks for your input. I agree, I think each of the options have merit - certainly the PoW token idea or airdrop would be a quick way to give a significant boost to the size of the community. In some ways I feel we may be shooting ourselves in the foot by just burning the lot. I was checking out the LISK ICO and I'm pretty astonished that people are happy to accept:

• 1,000,000 LISK for early supporters (Bounty Campaign).
• 2,000,000 LISK for advisors, partners, and 3rd parties.
• 4,000,000 LISK for campaigns and bounties (after ICO).
• 8,000,000 LISK for the Lisk core team.
• 85,000,000 LISK for ICO participants.

An ICO and 8% of the premine going to the devs, 4% for bounties etc. Yet hundreds of BTC are being thrown into it. In some ways I wish we'd done things a bit differently from the beginning now. But in the end we're bound by what we've said in the past, which is that we'd burn the remaining MOIN and I don't see how we could renege on that and expect to be fully trusted in the future. If we were to choose a different option there would need to be near unanimous agreement within the community that it was the right option.

dukester99

Activity: 440

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:59:24 AM

Moin stickers look great on the cars! Have to get more. Like the confused look when people notice it.
moncorp

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:24:37 AM

What is the version of the cryptosprout moin? Is it the old moin or the new moin? Do I need to swap it?

Radium - Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: