Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin without Altcoin ?  (Read 67952 times)
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:07:14 PM

I just wanted to get your opinions on this one , what do you think Bitcoin would be if there was no Alternative coins such Litecoin & Dogecoin and the others ...
I mean it would be better with or without them Bitcoin would have no value at all ?

Why would Bitcoin have no value at all when there are no altcoins around when in fact altcoins are the one who needs support from Bitcoin,Bitcoin can stand alone even if there are no altcoins around ,the fact is these altcoins around are only clone,if bitcoin is a close source we will never had a single altcoin running.

I agree bitcoin is not dependent on altcoin market.  So even without altcoin bitcoin will survive.  And besides bitcoin does not have only altcoin as its trading pair, actually bitcoin is also paired with other currencies like USD, Euro, Peso, etc.

Bitcoin will survive without altcoins, but fact is that altcoin market contribute a lot to bitcoin. There is many traders who use altcoins to make profit.
Good thing is that bitcoin is paired with other fiat currencies, in case of altcoin market collapse altcoin traders will move to trade btc with fiat.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:30:01 PM

Personally I think btc does not have any competition with any of the coins available in the market. This is the fact that 1000's coin come and go which does not have nay value today. But still BTC has the highest market cap and prices are also reasonably place during the year.
Bitcoin Market

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:50:47 AM

Personally I think btc does not have any competition with any of the coins available in the market. This is the fact that 1000's coin come and go which does not have nay value today. But still BTC has the highest market cap and prices are also reasonably place during the year.

The main competition is the zcash. It can offer both the transparent and anonymous transactions. The block size is not limited.
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:59:46 AM

I think that the altcoins are important to keep the traders busy.
It does not really matter what altcoin there is in my opinion. They all get created, traded against bitcoin for a while and disappear then slownly again.
And during the time they are traded, they create demand for bitcoin. And every demand for bitcoin is a good thing.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:07:32 AM

I think that the altcoins are important to keep the traders busy.
It does not really matter what altcoin there is in my opinion. They all get created, traded against bitcoin for a while and disappear then slownly again.
And during the time they are traded, they create demand for bitcoin. And every demand for bitcoin is a good thing.

Perfectly said, Altcoins are wanted to create demand for bitcoin and as now a days their are almost all new Altcoins are coming with ICO so they are accepting bitcoin and some altcoin as investment option which gives more trading to bitcoin as if anyone wanted to invest in ICO then they have to buy bitcoin and invest in that ICO which is creating demand and raising the price of bitcoin.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:20:44 AM

I just wanted to get your opinions on this one , what do you think Bitcoin would be if there was no Alternative coins such Litecoin & Dogecoin and the others ...
I mean it would be better with or without them Bitcoin would have no value at all ?
i think affect , many users bitcoin before use bitcoin they use altcoin too
may be bitcoin not famous like now if alt coin
you are right. perhaps many people know bitcoin for altcoin, like me. Well, I know bitcoin from dogecoin. see bitcoin high price, made me interested in looking for bitcoin. so, I think bitcoin without altcoin will affect to the popularity of bitcoin
Just imagine if all the colors that we see are one color such as black or white, of course we can't tell the difference anymore between a food or garbage. Surely it was not interesting, if bitcoin without altcoin just one color only.

I think it would still be interesting.  Even without altcoin , bitcoin still have this competitors called fiat currency.  and this time it is more interesting because bitcoin would have been labeled the "underdog" because of issues with the government to be accepted as currency.  Even without altcoin, there are still lots of stuff to be compared with bitcoin, like gold and other precious metals.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 11:36:31 AM

Altcoins are making many people in profit and it is like trading fiat currencies against each other. If there was only one world currency banks and individuals cannot profit. Sam with bitcoin..Altcoins are what is making bitcoin even more pustular and precious among many traders and speculators and developers.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:44:11 AM

Bitcoin without any alternative coins would be also bitcoin, it will not change, and without any alternative coins will just make bitcoin to shine brighter and because all of the attentions would just be on bitcoin since there are no alternative coins. But I think it would be boring if bitcoin would just be the only cryptocurrency in the internet, just my opinion.
Its not about competition and being bored .The options we have while trading is the best thing in my opinion.If not we would be trading with bitcoin and US dollar or Euro which i think is pretty decent but then when we think about crytpo world we need a couple of alternative currencies too.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:49:29 PM

Bitcoin without any alternative coins would be also bitcoin, it will not change, and without any alternative coins will just make bitcoin to shine brighter and because all of the attentions would just be on bitcoin since there are no alternative coins. But I think it would be boring if bitcoin would just be the only cryptocurrency in the internet, just my opinion.
I do think so. Bitcoin would even be better if there were not any altcoin. There would be only one crypto to focus on and investors would doubtlessly put all their money into Bitcoin. it would lead to the result that Bitcoin price can easily reach $1000 now. And under that conditions, Bitcoin would soon be recognized and be used by most of the developed countries instead of FIAT
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:52:17 PM

Bitcoin would still be king, Bitcoin is king, and Bitcoin will always be king regardless of any little retared brother that comes thinking its going to take the kings place.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Kasmonian

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:42:19 PM

Bitcoin would still be king, Bitcoin is king, and Bitcoin will always be king regardless of any little retared brother that comes thinking its going to take the kings place.

It depends if the bitcoin is controlled by a small number of developers and if they have support from the big community.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM

Altcoin exist because of bitcoin and it's called Nature fate !
But AFAIK altcoin can't be stable compare if we trade with bitcoin so it's more risky trade altcoin rather than bitcoin

Smiley
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:47:15 PM

It depends if the bitcoin is controlled by a small number of developers and if they have support from the big community.

Bitcoin is not controlled by anyone, bitcoin is a network which is just running and has no one behind it functioning it, it depends on the people in the network if where they take it by using it, if all of them stop using it then it becomes useless, and if more start using it then it gets more valued.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:48:18 PM

Bitcoin is not controlled by anyone, bitcoin is a network which is just running and has no one behind it functioning it, it depends on the people in the network if where they take it by using it, if all of them stop using it then it becomes useless, and if more start using it then it gets more valued.
In the past this were one of the main reasons to bitcoin get value, the transactions made bitcoin achieve the current value, nowadays some altcoins does bring advances and improvements that bitcoin can use as well, but in the general altcoins are more coins to pump and dump to get more bitcoins.
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:00:06 PM

Without the altcoin bitcoin cannot be trade because you can only trade it using altcoins. Traders were using this for buying and selling online even there's a risk behind they manage to learn every failure they encounter like losing their investments. Crypto currency trading is a profit gaining way of earning bitcoin but you must have full knowledge and information updates of current trend chart of trading market so that you may have proper decision making prior investing on trading stocks.

deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:06:10 PM

Altcoins are making many people in profit and it is like trading fiat currencies against each other. If there was only one world currency banks and individuals cannot profit. Sam with bitcoin..Altcoins are what is making bitcoin even more pustular and precious among many traders and speculators and developers.
Some altcoins actually make Bitcoin more popular, as you said. The problem is that most of these altcoins have a very manipulated market, controlled by groups of a few people. This makes most users who invest in it lose large sums of money, also causing many of those users to move away from crypto. For a market that already has a limited number of users, this is not a good thing.
Yuuto

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:25:32 PM

Some altcoins actually make Bitcoin more popular, as you said. The problem is that most of these altcoins have a very manipulated market, controlled by groups of a few people. This makes most users who invest in it lose large sums of money, also causing many of those users to move away from crypto. For a market that already has a limited number of users, this is not a good thing.

Yeah. The altcoin whales are playing against each other trying to get each others money. And if you invest then you are just providing a larger pot for them to manipulate the markets with. Not really a good idea.

I mean, altcoins provide good technology but it isn't used in a legitimate way.
Straux

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 12:11:47 AM

Doge and Trump coins have become a meme and may have brought some users to the bitcoin world through being a meme and kind of a joke, however besides these small things, I doubt the existence of altcoins would make a large impact on the bitcoin world.
sevendust777

Activity: 806
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 12:26:10 AM

I think bitcoin without altcoin may affect it's value, As for me I make profit doing altcoin trading and almost all of my friends doing it also... Altcoin trading is our main source of making bitcoin.. Although there are many ways to earn bitcoin i think trading altcoin is one of the best way to do so.... Altcoins are making a big role in bitcoin world, and its making btc more popular...

..BYBIT reddit.......                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
coinsocieties

Activity: 728

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 01:05:03 AM

In my opinion these altcoins are nothing but practice to see how bitcoin can be made better.  There are a lot of crashed coins out there and the issue I see is that to many people are investing a small amount to get a larger amount back and then let the coin crash.  Just my opinion.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀