Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
dez82

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:36:11 AM

Can someone please link to the .deb package for the pi wallet? I want to install on raspbian

It has not yet been packaged. You will need to build from source or wait for a package to be built.

I'd love to, but I know nothing about compiling. I've tried but I'm just terrible at it. It's so confusing. In 3 years I'll have finished my IT degree but for now, I'll be relying on you guys.

Hey, if you compiled from source, can you make a youtube video of yourself doing it for the pi?

is the wallet a daemon or a qt wallet that the respberry pi creates? ...

what os is it? ... obviously a debian based system ...

maybe i can help ...

#crysx

Did some research into Qt and decided to have a bash at compiling on the Pi yesterday. I'm about 1/2 way there, just having some memory issues with the Raspberry pi so having to create some swap space on a USB pen drive.

Going through dependency hell too, probably not the easiest way to learn to compile, but I seem to be making progress.

If I get it compiled, I'll see if I can suck it all up into a zip or gzip file and dump it somewhere, like dropbox. Not saying it'll work for you if it works for me, but at least it'll give the community a good head start. Anyone who knows how to write install scripts or build packages might want to put up a PPA, if I can get this compiled.

a swap file if reasonably easy to setup - but you will need to make sure you have enough drive space spare ... normally compiles like this take about 4gb ram average - unless you do massive static compiles ( like i do with centos vps systems ) where 8gb ram is the norm ...

a couple of simple commands to make a swap available - make it permanent ( fstab ) then compile making sure all deps are installed ...

i dunno what the deps maybe on the pi debian distro - but they would all be available id assume - as the raspberry pi is the most popular in the range of small devices ... so the support is huge ...

if you do get stuck - show is the procedure you go through for compilation and also the scripts ( if any ) you use ...

maybe help will not be needed after you make it all happen ...

#crysx

Yeah, I can create the swap file. Am doing it at the moment(7GB). After this, assuming there are no more unmet dependencies, I should be sorted.

Not panhandling or anything, but this pi build is going to be uploaded to dropbox as a viable raspberry pi stakebox. As such, if anyone approves of this, please don't be afraid to send me a few EGC at EWQvt8qLPgbYPejYjMraow9Xksc7oUMxJJ

Cheers ladies and gents!

EverGreenCoin faucet! Get some free EverGreenCoin!

http://Coin-Faucet.com/EGC/?r=384

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dez82

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:13:52 AM

Can someone please link to the .deb package for the pi wallet? I want to install on raspbian

It has not yet been packaged. You will need to build from source or wait for a package to be built.

I'd love to, but I know nothing about compiling. I've tried but I'm just terrible at it. It's so confusing. In 3 years I'll have finished my IT degree but for now, I'll be relying on you guys.

Hey, if you compiled from source, can you make a youtube video of yourself doing it for the pi?

maybe i can help ...

#crysx

Did some research into Qt and decided to have a bash at compiling on the Pi yesterday. I'm about 1/2 way there, just having some memory issues with the Raspberry pi so having to create some swap space on a USB pen drive.

Going through dependency hell too, probably not the easiest way to learn to compile, but I seem to be making progress.

If I get it compiled, I'll see if I can suck it all up into a zip or gzip file and dump it somewhere, like dropbox. Not saying it'll work for you if it works for me, but at least it'll give the community a good head start. Anyone who knows how to write install scripts or build packages might want to put up a PPA, if I can get this compiled.

a swap file if reasonably easy to setup - but you will need to make sure you have enough drive space spare ... normally compiles like this take about 4gb ram average - unless you do massive static compiles ( like i do with centos vps systems ) where 8gb ram is the norm ...

a couple of simple commands to make a swap available - make it permanent ( fstab ) then compile making sure all deps are installed ...

i dunno what the deps maybe on the pi debian distro - but they would all be available id assume - as the raspberry pi is the most popular in the range of small devices ... so the support is huge ...

if you do get stuck - show is the procedure you go through for compilation and also the scripts ( if any ) you use ...

#crysx

Yeah, I can create the swap file. Am doing it at the moment(7GB). After this, assuming there are no more unmet dependencies, I should be sorted.

Not panhandling or anything, but this pi build is going to be uploaded to dropbox as a viable raspberry pi stakebox. As such, if anyone approves of this, please don't be afraid to send me a few EGC at EWQvt8qLPgbYPejYjMraow9Xksc7oUMxJJ

Cheers ladies and gents!

Solved virtual memory issue, (pi uses different method for handling swap file)
Couple of other dependency issues but getting there. up to moc_coincontroldialog.cpp file

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:15:36 AM

maybe i can help ...

#crysx

#crysx

Cheers ladies and gents!

We all appreciate you doing this dez82, thank you very much. I am sure you will see how generous the EGC community is and donations appearing in your wallet.

dez82

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:22:25 AM

maybe i can help ...

#crysx

#crysx

Cheers ladies and gents!

We all appreciate you doing this dez82, thank you very much. I am sure you will see how generous the EGC community is and donations appearing in your wallet.

Cheers Mate

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:32:17 AM

Please be reminded that the inaugural EGC IRC summit is going on this weekend. Because we received no indication on times from anyone, we have opted just to leave it 'open ended'. Please feel free to stop by and ask questions, make comments, make suggestions, or just read. Please be patient if you do not initially receive a response. We are keeping a close eye on the IRC but, our work is ongoing also.

See you there!

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:41:42 AM

EverGreenCoin Qt wallet version 1.1 for Mac OS X is now compiled and ready for download. While this upgrade is not mandatory, I do ask that Mac OS X users do upgrade as you will benefit from the added seed nodes and the informational news feed. The checkpoint information in the code will also help insure EverGreenCoin does not experience an unintentional fork.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to upgrade and I do hope you find EverGreenCoin version 1.1 to your liking.

p.s. Windows users don't fret. Your turn will be very soon. Wink

dez82

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:05:51 AM

Pi Wallet I compiled is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/97jkfn2ml48iprp/EverGreenCoin.zip?dl=0

Throws up an error about test values, but it's a start

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 04:40:53 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 08:13:47 PM by EverGreenCoin

Pi Wallet I compiled is at (link removed)

Please refrain from posting links until we are certain that they are of working code. Thank you in advance.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:26:06 AM

In case you are unaware, Cryptopia has a marketplace for all its listed coins.

Here you will find EverGreenCoin's. There is nothing listed at this time but, I wanted to make sure the community knows of it.

dez82

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:11:51 AM

Pi Wallet I compiled is at (link removed)

The link provided here only contains the source. Please refrain from posting links until we are certain that they are of working code. Thank you in advance.

Sorry, no. The source and binary are in there together. The binary is EverGreenCoin-qt

I just wanted to get it up there for people to work with, I will polish the zip file eventually. The problem is with the font pack built into raspbian

dez82

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 10:19:25 AM

Here you will find EverGreenCoin's. There is nothing listed at this time but, I wanted to make sure the community knows of it.

First product listed for EGC.

LED light bulbs, reduce waste and conserve energy. Reduce carbon footprint.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketPlaceAction/MarketItem?marketItemId=2318

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 12:13:14 PM

hi all ...

the next full node is now ready and fully functional ...

the node is a full node ( which means it has the full blockchain AND has sufficient amount of threads / port access to serve the network - even at very high capacity / load ) - and will remain as a backup for the seednodes and network for evergreencoin ...

the daemon is the latest static compiled 1.1.0.0 and is running smooth ...

tanx to all those who have donated to the donation address - we reached the 7kegc very quickly indeed ... more nodes will be put up as every 7kegc is accumulated ...

the egc donation address is owned and controlled by the devs - and they will assign every lump of 7kegc as a deposit to my 'common' address ( or my daily transaction address ) and that will signify a new node needs to be setup ... no one else has access to that address ...

below are the details of the new node including its ip - current as of writing this comment ...

-------

{
    "version" : "v1.1.0.0: EVER",
    "protocolversion" : 70000,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 7000.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 60432,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 1587725.83848594,
    "connections" : 29,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "149.202.49.99",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 6.88709360,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00753063
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1453030343,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00010000,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

-------

to the devs - could you please remove the seednode ips from the op please - and just leave the dns addresses instead ...

there is no need to have the ips themselves there - and the reason i have made them dns pointers is simply that in the event of the a vps change - or upgrade - or crash replacement - then the ip WILL change with the isp - BUT - the dns address wont and can be rerouted to the new vps ips when necessary ...

so the addresses will always remain the same - but the ips may change from time to time ...

all that will be required to add the nodes for those with older versions - or cannot sync properly is to add the following to the evergreencoin.conf file ...

Code:
addnode=egc-seed1.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed2.granitecoin.com
addnode=egc-seed3.granitecoin.com

the code is designed to understand dns seeding - not just ips - so we wont have any issues in future either ...

very much appreciated ...

#crysx

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 12:18:56 PM

Glad to see this project is going so well, you can also add

Code:

egc.suprnova.cc

as a node if you like, it'll be online for quite some time Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 12:23:03 PM

Code:

egc.suprnova.cc

hey ocminer ...

glad to see you wont be killing the pool anytime soon Wink ...

any plans on adding granite again? ...

#crysx

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 12:38:20 PM

Code:

egc.suprnova.cc

hey ocminer ...

#crysx

Hey!

I'll be having a look shortly, don't see anything that speaks against it

Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 12:44:37 PM

Code:

egc.suprnova.cc

hey ocminer ...

#crysx

Hey!

I'll be having a look shortly, don't see anything that speaks against it

Smiley

ive been rebuilding it from infrastructure to newer code since i took over - almost two years ago ... with some major changes happening in the next few months ...

i remember you did have it once ( before the hashrate dropped to almost zero ) when it first came out ( that was before i took over ) ... damn its been a long time since ive been mining granite ...

i just thought id ask - its no issue mate ... apologies to egc for taking over this section ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:27:28 PM

Code:

egc.suprnova.cc

Ocminer, added.

Crysx, ip addresses have been removed.

Many thanks to both of you! Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:53:20 PM

First product listed for EGC.

LED light bulbs, reduce waste and conserve energy. Reduce carbon footprint.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketPlaceAction/MarketItem?marketItemId=2318

Awesome. Thanks for making the listing. Smiley

expex

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:39:03 PM

https://i.imgur.com/XhQmChN.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the new wallet running on a Pi2B. We're currently testing with Ubuntu.

good job.
that would have value in EGC ?
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 05:29:37 PM

Here is a screenshot of the new wallet running on a Pi2B. We're currently testing with Ubuntu.

good job.
that would have value in EGC ?

Yes. This is part of our solar initiative with RenewableEnergy.London.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: