Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash Miner - easy-to-use best-profit multi-device cryptocurrency miner  (Read 170569 times)
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 10:22:46 AM

question, on your site it says that X11 is paying more then ethereum.. yet mine still chugs along mining ethereum.. do you have to enable the profit switching manually?
im actually confused by this, so any info would be helpful. i did run a full benchmark.. so maybe its factoring in my speed vs payout?

Each time you start mining you can check the log file in the nicehash folder which will show you the btc/day for each algo based on current price vs. your benchmark speeds at that current time.

oh so it doesnt constantly update?

its been running for like 5 days straight.

NiceHashMiner automatically checks for profitability several times per hour (configurable with SwitchMinSecondsFixed parameter in config.json). But please note that the best paying algorithm as shown on NiceHash.com front page is only based on a general multi-algorithm average - your miner might score better with different algorithm. So obviously your GPU is best on Ethereum for long time (which is a fact for most GPUs).

You can also play with a new fancy tool that we just released: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=calc

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:26:13 AM

question, on your site it says that X11 is paying more then ethereum.. yet mine still chugs along mining ethereum.. do you have to enable the profit switching manually?
im actually confused by this, so any info would be helpful. i did run a full benchmark.. so maybe its factoring in my speed vs payout?

Each time you start mining you can check the log file in the nicehash folder which will show you the btc/day for each algo based on current price vs. your benchmark speeds at that current time.

NiceHashMiner automatically checks for profitability several times per hour (configurable with SwitchMinSecondsFixed parameter in config.json). But please note that the best paying algorithm as shown on NiceHash.com front page is only based on a general multi-algorithm average - your miner might score better with different algorithm. So obviously your GPU is best on Ethereum for long time (which is a fact for most GPUs).

You can also play with a new fancy tool that we just released: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=calc

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
i like this calculator..
should make it import the json file for the benchmarks.
nanomo

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 03:03:41 AM

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

please add more GPUs!

ForoBitcoin.org
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:15:06 AM

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

please add more GPUs!

at the bottom there is a way to submit your benchmark. it would be nice if you could just import the json file the program makes when you benchmark your gpu.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:19:18 AM

i have a problem.. mining stopped.. cant restart..
i get error..

Allocating/mapping single buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer(-61) GPU cant allocate DAG in a single chunk, Bailing.

its been going for days..

shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:28:11 AM

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
can you give me detail on how to set my nicehash miner to mine eth? I really loss right now every time I tried it only showing me the option for btc but bitcoin is no longer profitable now a days so i wanted to try eth i have i7 laptop. thanks in advance.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:48:18 AM

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
can you give me detail on how to set my nicehash miner to mine eth? I really loss right now every time I tried it only showing me the option for btc but bitcoin is no longer profitable now a days so i wanted to try eth i have i7 laptop. thanks in advance.

i dont think you are going to get much out of an i7 laptop..

nicehash mines ethereum and pays out in bitcoin.. just put your wallet in and push start.
shintosai

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 05:07:16 AM

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

i dont think you are going to get much out of an i7 laptop..

nicehash mines ethereum and pays out in bitcoin.. just put your wallet in and push start.

I'm not with earning a lot I just want to learn how to mine eth, and I need guide on how doing it with the miner I can only see option to mine btc not eth so if you have any guide how to do it would you mine sharing it to me fafz thank you.

rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:30:20 AM

nicehash miner has wrong settings with x15 and no settings for old lyra. It stops it from mining them. But they are rather good on nvidia now. Need to run manualy with ccminer.
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 12:01:07 AM

Hello,

New bugfix release of NiceHash Miner has been released. The flowing issues have been resolved in this release:

• Ethereum: Fix for 2GB GPUs (still might not work on all kinds of 2GB GPUs)
  • AMD_OpenCL: Fix Lyra2REv2 bug
  • bundled with new build of sgminer-5.3.0 which reduces CPU usage while running sgminer

Download here: https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/releases/tag/1.3.0.2

Best regards,
NiceHash team.

Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:49:45 PM

thank you for your wonderful & easy to use software. got a question.. just started mining ethereum on both machines i have with 1.3.0.2:

1 - sempron 145, 4gb, 4 x 7970, win7 - miner runs fine mining ethereum now at 70-80mh/s, the cpu usage is minimal and all seems fine. amsterdam server.

2 - sempron 145, 16gb, 6 x r9 290, win8 - this one though is having an issue. it starts fine with cpu low and disk (ssd) usage at 100%, then about a minute in the disk usage drops but cpu usage jumps to 100%, therefore the cpu bottleneck is eventually driving down the hashrate to about 70mh/s. this happens on all servers. though when i turn off the ethereum it wont mine at amsterdam server, so i have to switch to san jose for it to mine other coins.

please advise.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:19:01 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 10:00:04 AM by aarons6

with the new version your benchmark for ethereum is kind of high. it was putting my 2 r9 270x's at 39Mh/s.
what was happening is i never found a share, so the program kept restarting over and over and over with no shares.. for like 2 or 3 hours until i noticed it..

my real world values for these 2 cards is around 32Mh/s, i changed it and now its mining X11.. im guessing ethereum is losing some of its profitability?

oh maybe not.. seems a bug

[2016-04-02 23:15:59] [INFO] [AMD_OpenCL] ethereum paying 0.00000001 BTC/Day

edit..

also it seems you have --temp-target 75 hard coded in the command line.. and not under extra command line options..
id like to set it to 70 but if i put the changes in they get overwritten..

Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:01:40 PM

ethereum on rig 1 seems to be running fine at just over 70mh/s. no errors. though x11 on both rigs is not working now through amsterdam server - switched to san jose.

perhaps it would be nice to have a web page where nicehash server status is displayed? it would help alot.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:13:33 PM

my ethereum started working again..
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 01:24:59 PM

New bugfix version of NiceHash Miner released: https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/releases/tag/1.3.0.3

Keep on hashing Wink

SIRacer09

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:13:09 PM

@nicehash I guess I don't understand how to use the wolf optimized bin files with NiceHashMiner.  I see the bin files, but how do I know which ones to rename and to what?  Thanks!
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:46:40 AM

@nicehash I guess I don't understand how to use the wolf optimized bin files with NiceHashMiner.  I see the bin files, but how do I know which ones to rename and to what?  Thanks!

i thought those extra files were for certain coins.. if it chooses to mine those coins it will use them?
shintosai

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:51:25 AM

New bugfix version of NiceHash Miner released: https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/releases/tag/1.3.0.3

Keep on hashing Wink
is this new fixed will resolved issue mining eth? i still getting json problem
I hope I can use the miner for eth, with regarding to btc no issue mining
easy to use apps as you promise. thank you, i received payments for this
week.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:29:03 AM

Keep on hashing Wink
is this new fixed will resolved issue mining eth? i still getting json problem
I hope I can use the miner for eth, with regarding to btc no issue mining
easy to use apps as you promise. thank you, i received payments for this
week.

here lately x11 has been more profitable then eth.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:40:43 AM

@nicehash

feature request.. a place to input the minimum global rate i want to mine at. if it goes below the miner will sit idle until it goes back up.

and also a way to change --temp-target for sgminer.. it seems to be hard coded to 75 so adding it in the extra parameters doesnt change it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: