Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash Miner - easy-to-use best-profit multi-device cryptocurrency miner  (Read 170569 times)
wilkas

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:13:14 AM

The new "Legacy 1.8" software is awesome...

I put 2.0 on a few PCs and, frankly, I didn't like it at all... I will definitely be upgrading all my mining PCs to the new "Legacy" version =)

Did I understand correctly that there is Nicehash miner v1.8 released somewhere?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:56:40 PM

The new "Legacy 1.8" software is awesome...

I put 2.0 on a few PCs and, frankly, I didn't like it at all... I will definitely be upgrading all my mining PCs to the new "Legacy" version =)

Did I understand correctly that there is Nicehash miner v1.8 released somewhere?

https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/releases
hutay5

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:09:20 PM

I would like to know, if i can be minining any of the coin i choose with nicehash services.
Forexamle lets say i choose ABYcoin.
Then first thing ; i have to become a member to the ABY pool. I will be paying the pool a %some of the mined or cash (what ever).
Then with those informations of the pool shall i be able to mine it by renting from members of Nicehash? How can i be sure that i will be making more than 0.011btc valued ABYcoins in exchange, if i pay a rent in total of 0.011btc that day?
I do except the possiblity of the changes of the exchange rates but when i check the numbers from a calculatoin  @ site called coinwars, seems so much profitable to rent than actually buying and building a rig. Is this really possible thing?
I am trying to make it (nicehash) work in my head, so i will jump right in tomorrow.
Thanks in advance for all the helpfull supportive ideas that you'll provide in your replying messages.
spearhawk

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:09:50 AM

Ummm a stupid question, but is there a way to throttle the cpu so the heat does not hit over 100 degrees?
cause I get BSOD when the cpu hits over 100 degrees and until I can get a better heatsink and fan I got to either not use the cpu or throttle it.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:34:24 AM

Ummm a stupid question, but is there a way to throttle the cpu so the heat does not hit over 100 degrees?
cause I get BSOD when the cpu hits over 100 degrees and until I can get a better heatsink and fan I got to either not use the cpu or throttle it.

You should not be mining with your CPU if you don't have a case and cooler that can handle the heat. You need a quality aftermarket cooler and a case with good ventilation before you try to CPU mine.
wilkas

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:08:02 PM

You can on Windows 10. Control panel -> power options -> edit power plan -> change advanced .... ->  processor power management -> maximum processor state
Jaerin

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:15:19 PM

I would like to know, if i can be minining any of the coin i choose with nicehash services.
Then first thing ; i have to become a member to the ABY pool. I will be paying the pool a %some of the mined or cash (what ever).
Then with those informations of the pool shall i be able to mine it by renting from members of Nicehash? How can i be sure that i will be making more than 0.011btc valued ABYcoins in exchange, if i pay a rent in total of 0.011btc that day?
I do except the possiblity of the changes of the exchange rates but when i check the numbers from a calculatoin  @ site called coinwars, seems so much profitable to rent than actually buying and building a rig. Is this really possible thing?
I am trying to make it (nicehash) work in my head, so i will jump right in tomorrow.
Thanks in advance for all the helpfull supportive ideas that you'll provide in your replying messages.

You can't guarantee that.  When you rent hashing power you are renting a particular algorithm and hashrate that you will then point at the mining pool of your choice.  This would be just like if you had a miner of your own with the hashpower equivalent.  The results of the mining are still dependent on the same luck, fees, and payout of the pool you point Nicehash at. 

As you mentioned to determine if the price is worth it you'll need to use something like whattomine.com or coinwars and calculate the average returns for that much hashing power.  Even then there is some luck involved in what returns you will get.  Often times the renting price will be slightly higher than what you can expect to return usually because you are essentially paying a premium for someone else's hashing power.  It still maybe worth it if you expect the coins you mine to go up in price at some point in the future.  The benefit is you don't have to configure, maintain, or pay the power costs of said miners and still get the coins you want to mine. 
jimmy55

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:28:30 PM

Getting killed here, I was at $1.50 a day profit like 2 weeks ago, it's $.60 now. Anyone finding more profit from just mining on their own instead of Nicehash?

FOR SALE (cheap)
lenoli

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:38:53 PM

guys i have 1 question:

my friend has gtx 1050 GPU at work, i ask him to use NiceHash Miner, because his has no electronic fee and i was interested if he can mine anything when he was away from pc, but he said then it gaves only max 4.8 mh/z, is it real or he is doing something wrong?

thanks...
hutay5

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:02:08 AM

You can't guarantee that.  When you rent hashing power you are renting a particular algorithm and hashrate that you will then point at the mining pool of your choice.  This would be just like if you had a miner of your own with the hashpower equivalent.  The results of the mining are still dependent on the same luck, fees, and payout of the pool you point Nicehash at. 

As you mentioned to determine if the price is worth it you'll need to use something like whattomine.com or coinwars and calculate the average returns for that much hashing power.  Even then there is some luck involved in what returns you will get.  Often times the renting price will be slightly higher than what you can expect to return usually because you are essentially paying a premium for someone else's hashing power.  It still maybe worth it if you expect the coins you mine to go up in price at some point in the future.  The benefit is you don't have to configure, maintain, or pay the power costs of said miners and still get the coins you want to mine. 

Thank you. i was checking the results of coinwars already and there i chose the coin ABY or ORB. I am just trying to find out if other users succeeded in their minings by renting rigs of other users in nicehash. Cause the results shown for ABY,ORB and some other coins in coinwars are really tempting. If it were possible to test the pools i'd try first with my own pc at home with 1GB Vga of it for gpu, but as i have learned that this is not even an option.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:11:47 AM

Getting killed here, I was at $1.50 a day profit like 2 weeks ago, it's $.60 now. Anyone finding more profit from just mining on their own instead of Nicehash?

Same here. 7$ a day a few weeks ago, now barely making 2.5$

Also interested if someone can do better.

Edited: I will wait a few days untill I reach 0.01 at NiceHash (payout min) and then I will try nemos again in combo with zpool.
Jaerin

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:16:19 AM

Thank you. i was checking the results of coinwars already and there i chose the coin ABY or ORB. I am just trying to find out if other users succeeded in their minings by renting rigs of other users in nicehash. Cause the results shown for ABY,ORB and some other coins in coinwars are really tempting. If it were possible to test the pools i'd try first with my own pc at home with 1GB Vga of it for gpu, but as i have learned that this is not even an option.

I'm not sure how much hash you need for the coins to see results, but usually you could rent a very small amount and see how it goes.
jimmy55

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:37:20 PM

Same here. 7$ a day a few weeks ago, now barely making 2.5$

Also interested if someone can do better.

Edited: I will wait a few days untill I reach 0.01 at NiceHash (payout min) and then I will try nemos again in combo with zpool.

Can you explain what nemos is and what files I would need to run it?  I used to mine bitcoin a few years ago so I know a little about it - if you could provide a link it would be appreciated.  Thanks.

FOR SALE (cheap)
BitBustah

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

Can you explain what nemos is and what files I would need to run it?  I used to mine bitcoin a few years ago so I know a little about it - if you could provide a link it would be appreciated.  Thanks.

It's almost thesame as NiceHash: The Nemo application mines the most profitable algo and switches between algos when necessary. It uses the pools at zpool.ca and it pays in BTC.
Not saying this is better than, just going to give it a chance.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.740;topicseen
Jaerin

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:39:56 PM

It's almost thesame as NiceHash: The Nemo application mines the most profitable algo and switches between algos when necessary. It uses the pools at zpool.ca and it pays in BTC.
Not saying this is better than, just going to give it a chance.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.740;topicseen

At least point to the real code.  Nemo is just a rebranded version of Multipoolminer.  Multipoolminer also works with zpool.
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:52:44 AM

Anyone know another pool that handles the baikal multi algo capabilities?
BitBustah

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:45:47 AM

If I reach 0.001 at NiceHash and I stop mining I will get paid next week, right?
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:23:23 AM

If I reach 0.001 at NiceHash and I stop mining I will get paid next week, right?
The minimum payout for external wallets is 0.01 BTC, anything less than that is only paid out provided that you are using a Nicehash wallet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BitBustah

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:37:43 AM

The minimum payout for external wallets is 0.01 BTC, anything less than that is only paid out provided that you are using a Nicehash wallet.

Sorry, that's what I meant. 0.01.
Dukebit

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:58:54 PM

Hi what is the spec's on your Miner? what kind of gpu's are you using, also thinking of leaving NH, i'm getting $2.5 a day

Dukebit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: