Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash Miner - easy-to-use best-profit multi-device cryptocurrency miner  (Read 170569 times)
theLosers106

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 07:45:35 PM

Easily the niftiest little auto-miner i've seen yet.  Downloaded it, fired it up, worked immediately.  (R9 290 + Latest Omegas)

Also going to use it to test out 4-5 card rigs.

Great job Nicehash, i hope you make some $$$ on this one.  You're saving some serious headache.

Edit - Would like to see an "ez donate" button like you see with the PayPal button. This is the kind of software that i donate some coin on due to its usability.

Edit2 - Would also like to the rate in mhs BTC/day or ghs BTC /day as opposed to just BTC/day.  I can assume that it's GHs/BTC/day, but can't be 100% certain.

Edit3 - Would also be quite awesome if there was a way to upload benchmark numbers to some sort of global online number set so you could look and see where you stand (and if your config needs tweaking!)

You've got some interesting Edits right there. Especially the last one.

I'm about to fork this bad boy and see just how extensible the code is.  

Edit #3 is certainly something that would be useful for me personally, but also for just about anyone else out there who is mining and who wants to ensure nominal hash rates. If done correctly, this type of reporting could minimize the effort required to maintain a 'hardware compendium' of sorts (think back to the original LTC Hardware Mining Compendium page).  Great help to miners, but PITA to use and maintain.

Then again, this is definitely a 'nice to have.'

The reporting "module" if you will is certainly out of scope with the pure function of this app, which is to mine.  It does this primary function well, and is the reason why i even bothered to post in this thread about it.  The app's mining capability must be maintained at all costs.

However:
I do wonder how easy(? - may be difficult!) it would be to simply grab those scores after the benchmark(s) are run and cart them off to some online spreadsheet along with the configuration existing at the time.  The 'compendium' page would be view only, and writeable only by the reporting mechanisms used by the mining app.

To the whiteboard!  Grin

Sounds great!

If you want, i'm definitely willing to help with that.

I could do the webpage "spreadsheet" / database part.

Just pm me if you could use some assistance. No problem!

That's sounds great.. had this idea for ages now but I just haven't had the time and someone to do it with.. would be nice if we could all work together to make this happen.. have a few thoughts on this idea already stocked up.. (:

BTC: 1KnLUyFTyqrMzcNrgACHFEoUtbqQUs8X1Q
XRE: 15RjuCT6T8sF1KkD2MmT4pQvHU8UtSoYXG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 08:25:06 PM

Edit3 - Would also be quite awesome if there was a way to upload benchmark numbers to some sort of global online number set so you could look and see where you stand (and if your config needs tweaking!)
That's sounds great.. had this idea for ages now but I just haven't had the time and someone to do it with.. would be nice if we could all work together to make this happen.. have a few thoughts on this idea already stocked up.. (:

Nice idea, but not trivial to implement. NHM groups together various GPUs in particular groups (nvidia 3.x, opencl...), therefore the reporting would have to take this into account, also the drivers version, the sgminer version used, etc. A lot of things to put on the whiteboard, but it is a nice idea Wink

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:55:54 PM

Nice idea, but not trivial to implement. NHM groups together various GPUs in particular groups (nvidia 3.x, opencl...), therefore the reporting would have to take this into account, also the drivers version, the sgminer version used, etc. A lot of things to put on the whiteboard, but it is a nice idea Wink

I love buckets, APIs, and C#  Grin
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 10:17:51 PM

NiceHashMiner v1.2.2.2 released

This is a bugfix release only. No performance improvements or new features. All users are recommended to upgrade.

• General: Better error handling
  • General: Bug fixes and improvements
  • Config: Skip detection of certain devices
  • AMD_OpenCL: Improved detection of the correct GPU platform

Download as usually here.

jakals

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:32:39 PM

This is a bugfix release only. No performance improvements or new features. All users are recommended to upgrade.

nice to hear this,but i want to inform you about a bug.
when i try to mine with neoscrypt algo with cpuminer avx it just stop at the start.windows says "its closed due to error"
i hope you or your team will solve it.thanks.keep up the good work !
NiceHash Miner

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:38:08 PM

when i try to mine with neoscrypt algo with cpuminer avx it just stop at the start.windows says "its closed due to error"

Hi..

Please email a screenshot and the log.txt file to nhm@nicehash.com for further analysis of the problem. It would be really helpful to try to solve that problem.

Thanks.

jakals

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:45:20 PM

Hi..

Please email a screenshot and the log.txt file to nhm@nicehash.com for further analysis of the problem. It would be really helpful to try to solve that problem.

Thanks.

i've just sent the email.thank you.
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 06:29:12 AM

This is not  a bug. NeoScrypt algorithm is not optimized in cpuminer. Actually there is no AVX and AVX2 support for this algorithm in cpuminer. This is why NHM does not support neoscrypt for CPU mining. We've actually posted a job for optimization of this algorithm, see "Make SSE2, AVX and AVX2 optimizations for NeoScrypt" here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=jobs

tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:10:38 AM

I managed to get NiceHash miner exe to start agine by downloading 1.2.2.2 againe and extracting it.
But mining did not want to start.
In the log I could read not able to connect to pool, so I changed service location to USA from the one in Europe and now mining started.

Nicehash, same problem for me. Still have trouble connecting to the Europe servers and need to use the USA servers instead. Any idea what's up?

assloua

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:58:18 AM

Up and Running smooth - thx NH

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:33:15 PM

Looks very nice miner, but it is not clear for which Windows versions ?  Wink
thilan29

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:13:19 PM

I am getting the "system_service_exception" crash on my system.

Win 10 64-bit
Crimson 16.1 driver (clean install with DDU)
2xAMD290 reference cards

I was able to get it mining by using the runme.bat file in the sgminer folder included with Nicehashminer.  I had to remove anything to do with GPU settings (fan, clocks, etc) to not get the blue screen.  I am watercooling so don't have anything connected to the fan header on the cards (IIRC, that was a problem before as well).  I am getting about 7.5MHs per card on X11...is that about right (stock clocks 950/1250)?

However, trying to mine or benchmark from within Nicehashminer even with the GPU settings removed in the .conf files still results in the blue screen.  Are the GPU settings stored in another file when using the GUI?  Any thoughts on a possible fix?

Thanks
thilan29

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:15:53 PM

I finally had time to look at the NiceHash binary-only distribution of SGMiner - well, actually, just the GPU binaries (whether or not the SGMiner binary packaged with it contains malicious code is irrelevant to me) - and I'm... kinda disappointed. A *very* cursory scan of the disassembly tells me that this code isn't using any of the better ideas I've been cooking up since my bins came out - it's simply decent code plus a well-done implementation of the only hash I didn't touch due to it being insanely tedious: SIMD. I'm almost disappointed. Using it without the NiceHash miner (and Windows with it) was child's play; the differences are really rather slight when it comes to host-side calling.

Here's Mithra mining X11 on Linux (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/wolfx11-01142016.png

Extending to other X algos should be a minor bit of work - really only a minor modification (or hell, outright replacement, if you're not too good with GCN ASM) of the Echo kernel to ensure the entire output is stored to the hashes buffer, and the output/target can be dropped from Echo - after that, you can just write up (or use the shitty SPH versions) of the additional hashes. Once done, disassemble, append, reassemble, and ensure you call the resulting binary correctly.

Lol, your 7950s are getting better hashrate than my 290s!! Sad

I've been away from mining for a while.  Besides those original optimized bin files that were leaked (and I did donate to you for your work), have there been newer optimized bin files for X11/X13/X15 released that can be used with sgminer (I'm willing to pay)?  I'm getting 7.5MHs on a 290 on X11, stock clocks of 950/1250.

EDIT:
This was me posting in anandtech about those original released bins:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=37003149&postcount=12711
thilan29

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:24:22 PM

Nah, I'd have to add one line and modify one line in SGMiner to get the X11 bin to work, IIRC. NiceHash only seem to have X11 versions - see above for the specifics on making new shit outta them.

So no newer bins that I could get or buy somewhere?
I'm really not a programmer so I know very little about this kind of thing...I wouldn't even attempt to deconstruct/reconstruct any bins or miners or anything like that lol.
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 07:32:36 PM

Nah, I'd have to add one line and modify one line in SGMiner to get the X11 bin to work, IIRC. NiceHash only seem to have X11 versions - see above for the specifics on making new shit outta them.

So no newer bins that I could get or buy somewhere?
I'm really not a programmer so I know very little about this kind of thing...I wouldn't even attempt to deconstruct/reconstruct any bins or miners or anything like that lol.

If you're not already using them, there are the Kachur ones.

Just download the latest nice hash miner and check the bin folder.

thilan29

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:58:13 PM

Which bin folder of the three (5.1.0, 5.1.1, or 5.2.1)?
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 08:01:26 PM

Which bin folder of the three (5.1.0, 5.1.1, or 5.2.1)?

5.1.0 works best Smiley

thilan29

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:16:54 PM

5.1.0 works best Smiley

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and report if there's any improvement.
thilan29

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:13:57 PM

I'll consider selling (and possibly improving) what I've done so far, I guess.

When would you do that?
thilan29

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:56:11 PM

I'll consider selling (and possibly improving) what I've done so far, I guess.

When would you do that?

I don't know - what I've done so far is really mostly only of use to people who don't want to use the NiceHash sgminer exe - or people who can't (like people using linux.)
You mean using just sgminer by itself or another miner? Is there another windows miner you suggest that could be used with your improvements?  I myself was not using Nicehashminer before, but using just the regular sgminer.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: