Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash Miner - easy-to-use best-profit multi-device cryptocurrency miner  (Read 170569 times)
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:46:04 PM

Is it intended for the latest NiceHash dual miner to not select a pool for Decred?  For example, when it selects Claymore's dual miner (eth + dcr) it chooses the NiceHash pool for Eth and mines that well, but does not select any pool for Decred. I was able to manually point it towards the NiceHash Decred pool, and it is mining DCR (although the rejected shares is at times 50%). The NiceHash Miner gui does not show that Decred is being mined, but it does show up on the website when I view it there.

Is this just due to it being experimental at this stage, or do I need to do something different on my end? Thanks! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:57:49 AM

Let's say I wanted to add nheqminer for AMD APU mining.  I'm aware that it won't be very efficient.  How would I go about doing this?  I already have the miner that does work on NiceHash.  I'm assuming I'd have to edit a .json file somewhere.

Edit
I found the MinerOptionPackage_nheqminer_CPU.json file in the internals directory.  Interestingly enough, the only algo that shows up under NiceHash miner is cryptonight, even though nheqminer works just fine.  Any ideas?

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:35:00 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2017, 05:50:47 AM by aarons6

Is it intended for the latest NiceHash dual miner to not select a pool for Decred?  For example, when it selects Claymore's dual miner (eth + dcr) it chooses the NiceHash pool for Eth and mines that well, but does not select any pool for Decred. I was able to manually point it towards the NiceHash Decred pool, and it is mining DCR (although the rejected shares is at times 50%). The NiceHash Miner gui does not show that Decred is being mined, but it does show up on the website when I view it there.

Is this just due to it being experimental at this stage, or do I need to do something different on my end? Thanks! Smiley

can you tell me how to set this up?

edit i sort of figured it out but maybe it wasnt the best way? i just pasted this -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.usa.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS in the extra options box.. seems to be working.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:12:30 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2017, 07:33:58 AM by citronick

Hi Nicehash team.....

I am looking at my NH dashboard NOW as I type and I noticed "Using current exchange rate of 1 BTC = 600 USD"

I hope thats a typo or a system bug!

All other values now reduced following this rate of exchange per BTC.

Will NH re-calculate "unpaid balance" using correct rate of exchange for the period "1 BTC=USD$600" was used?

Please confirm.

Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:21:33 PM

to anyone getting a ton of rejects with dual mining eth/dcr try splitting the regions.. put usa for eth and eu for dcr. it helped a lot for me.
NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 12:26:01 PM

to anyone getting a ton of rejects with dual mining eth/dcr try splitting the regions.. put usa for eth and eu for dcr. it helped a lot for me.

This is just coincidence. The reason is in claymore's miner. It is not following decred stratum specs from here: https://github.com/nicehash/Specifications/blob/master/Decred_NiceHash.txt

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:32:38 PM

This is just coincidence. The reason is in claymore's miner. It is not following decred stratum specs from here: https://github.com/nicehash/Specifications/blob/master/Decred_NiceHash.txt

perhaps but it literally went from every other share rejected to like one an hour.
ive stopped and started it, and put it back to usa to see and it is a difference.

Elder III

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:07:45 AM

Is it intended for the latest NiceHash dual miner to not select a pool for Decred?  For example, when it selects Claymore's dual miner (eth + dcr) it chooses the NiceHash pool for Eth and mines that well, but does not select any pool for Decred. I was able to manually point it towards the NiceHash Decred pool, and it is mining DCR (although the rejected shares is at times 50%). The NiceHash Miner gui does not show that Decred is being mined, but it does show up on the website when I view it there.

edit i sort of figured it out but maybe it wasnt the best way? i just pasted this -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.usa.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS in the extra options box.. seems to be working.

In your NiceHash installation folder there is a folder called "bin_3rdparty" and then another called "claymore_dual" > in that last folder there is a text file "dpool" that I added that information to. Which extra options box were you referring to?

I'm not sure if something was changed on the back end, but I've only had a few DCR shares rejected today. Smiley
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:32:27 AM

In your NiceHash installation folder there is a folder called "bin_3rdparty" and then another called "claymore_dual" > in that last folder there is a text file "dpool" that I added that information to. Which extra options box were you referring to?

I'm not sure if something was changed on the back end, but I've only had a few DCR shares rejected today. Smiley

if you hit settings you can add extra options to the command line.. it seems to work.. nice extra dollar a day for free.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:49:05 AM

I've noticed a lot of difference between the nicehash website which shows my stats for each miner and the miners it self. My miner has been solid at 200 MH for an hour with 0 bad shares and 0 incorrect shares. The nicehash website shows my hash rate much lower than what it actually is.

Nicehash website
http://imgur.com/a/EUCvT

Hashing screen
http://imgur.com/a/fq4ce
cashen

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:17:58 AM

if you hit settings you can add extra options to the command line.. it seems to work.. nice extra dollar a day for free.

What do I need to add in the settings? Why isnt this already setup?
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:04:31 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 04:24:40 AM by aarons6

What do I need to add in the settings? Why isnt this already setup?

its because it doesn't work with the nicehash pool.

you have to dual mine on a different pool. im mining decred on zpool.

you want to add this to the "extra launch parameters" in the settings under devices/algorithms for Daggerhashimoto (claymoreAMD)
but then you probably want to disable all the other ones because the profitability will be off.

im not sure how to change the profitability to add together daggerhashimoto and decred.
Code:
-dpool stratum+tcp://decred.mine.zpool.ca:5744 -dwal BTCWALLET -allpools 1

Elder III

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:51:27 AM

Thank you aarons6, I was actually coming here to ask about a good pool for decred and if it was possible to use a different one then Nicehash if using the Nicehash gui. It's odd, because part of the time it does work and accept dcr shares. It's probably not more then 25% of the time, but it does seem to work some times and not the rest of the time.
cashen

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:20:48 PM

Is this normal?

Very few bad shares until the morning. My wifi is not good where my machines are and I still have to setup LAN. The hash rate looks really choppy though. On the computer they are rock solid 200-204 MH/s

cashen

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:59:12 AM

you want to add this to the "extra launch parameters" in the settings under devices/algorithms for Daggerhashimoto (claymoreAMD)
but then you probably want to disable all the other ones because the profitability will be off.

im not sure how to change the profitability to add together daggerhashimoto and decred.
Code:

Thank you. Couple questions
1. Can I put "BTCWALLET" and does nicehash miner replace it with my actual wallet ID?
2. What would I put to mine Pascal?
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:35:34 AM

Code:

Thank you. Couple questions
1. Can I put "BTCWALLET" and does nicehash miner replace it with my actual wallet ID?
2. What would I put to mine Pascal?

no you need to put your bitcoin wallet and no idea about pascal.. you need to find a pool you like for that.
cashen

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:10:25 AM

I'm trying to understand why I have a share reject rate of 1.2% but my speed reject rate is 14%

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:58:08 AM

I'm trying to understand why I have a share reject rate of 1.2% but my speed reject rate is 14%

more than likely all those rejects happened all at the same time. could be stale shares from connection issue.

NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 09:41:53 AM

Each share can have different value - depending on difficulty. If mining program only counts shares but not their difficulty, then you can get these results. It also depends on intervals. We use 5 minute measuring interval. Mining program may be using different one. Remember, to get actual speed, you need to multiply share(s) with their difficulty.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
cashen

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:39:55 PM

Is nicehash Miner planning on updated to Claymore 9.0?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: