Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:59:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495956 times)
crazyfunmolly79

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:30:46 PM

This is beyond ridiculous, can we get some answers bitinstant?

That would be wonderful.
TheGoodDoctor420

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:52:28 PM

I expect BitInstant will not be giving any answers any time soon. I feel they more likely than not are turned Ripper, or had ANOTHER attack. Either way, they have promised results over multiple deadlines, and none have come of it whatsoever. I hope they do come back and rectify all issues with existing customers, but I am not banking on it. ): The BTC community is being dealt a harsh blow with this. My advice for any BitInstant customers who need a new, simple, BTC vendor...use btcquick.com if you wish to use direct CC funding for BTC (I am aware of how many sites have done this and either gone bankrupt from chargebacks or ripped/stole CC info...but these guys use Google Checkout which unlike PP, they do not attack purveyors/purchasers of BTC as an "e-currency". I use them as my main source of BTC and they are AMAZING with customer service IMO), or use bitfloor.com for bank deposit-to-instant-funding (generally within half an hour of payment received). Simple, and proven to be trusted by many BTC clients.

I hope this post helps someone! (:
gistus7

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:11:42 PM

I expect BitInstant will not be giving any answers any time soon. I feel they more likely than not are turned Ripper, or had ANOTHER attack. Either way, they have promised results over multiple deadlines, and none have come of it whatsoever. I hope they do come back and rectify all issues with existing customers, but I am not banking on it. ): The BTC community is being dealt a harsh blow with this. My advice for any BitInstant customers who need a new, simple, BTC vendor...use btcquick.com if you wish to use direct CC funding for BTC (I am aware of how many sites have done this and either gone bankrupt from chargebacks or ripped/stole CC info...but these guys use Google Checkout which unlike PP, they do not attack purveyors/purchasers of BTC as an "e-currency". I use them as my main source of BTC and they are AMAZING with customer service IMO), or use bitfloor.com for bank deposit-to-instant-funding (generally within half an hour of payment received). Simple, and proven to be trusted by many BTC clients.

Thanks, I'll use these next time. This is fucking unbelievable. I've had better experiences dealing with the DMV.
variables

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:23:03 PM

I have heard good things about btcquick, however, bitinstant is really dropping the ball here.  Sitting on thousands of dollars with no responses from customer service as to what they are going to do to rectify.  What's even more saddening is the people who have been waiting since the original outage.  Yeah, I guess those of us who placed orders when they came back again did not extensively do their 'homework' on them, but from personal experience they have been flawless.  Still absurd that this is happening with no end in sight.
EverSoClever

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:06:15 PM

Well first and foremost DON'T USE BITINSTANT!!  That is obvious by now but in case someone out there was actually on the fences.. DON'T DO IT!

They will take your money and leave you with no recourse or means to recover it.

I see they have stopped posting,  and I'd like to think that is because they're resolving outstanding issues but like the person a few posts above said,  they've been waiting since February.

What happened?

Well, I had used bitinstant without incident over a dozen times but Wednesday(03-04-2013) I got straight jacked for my money.  I thought it was my error so I went over the transaction.  Every detail.  It was all in order.  ZigZap confirmed it.  I passed the info to BI via phone and email leaving messages on both.  Nothing...

Their chat is as non-existent as theirs customer service, and my money I'm afraid.

DON'T DO IT!

What's the alternative?

I gave bitINSTANT days to rectify this but still my wallet was empty.  While I figured maybe it was just the fact that I chose the option to send to BTC address,  (an option that disappeared literally moments after my transaction). I was desperate to get my BTC and was almost foolish enough to try it again, sending to virwox or mt.gox instead, but something told me "Hey, BI has your money..you want to give them more?"

F*** THAT!  I did 5 minutes of research, and found BITFLOOR.  

I signed up in less than a minute.  Ordered a deposit slip LESS THAN A MINUTE.  Went to make the deposit, 10 minutes (5 not counting the drive).  I saw my money on my account immediately (that minute).  

I was not asked for personal info or ID'ed a single time through the entire process.  The total in fees : something like 1.68%!  Are you kidding me???

With BitInstant exchange fee of 3.99% I was having to account for $6 to $60 more than I was actually planning to receive, and I was OKAY with that as long as the money actually came.  That's what I considered a convenience fee, but what good is it when you receive no service?

I would suggest they change the name to BitWeeks or BitMonths but it doesn't have quite the same ring and the fact is you will be waiting longer than that, only come to find your money is just gone bit**

Save yourself the heartache and some $.  Go with bitfloor for half the fee, and none of the hassle!  Or do your homework and find another service..  I haven't used btcquick but I pay cash.. If you use CC then try them I suppose.

BitInstant does not care..  

-all from someone that never asked for a refund, simply what I paid for.  Your move BI..
EverSoClever

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:19:47 PM

Once the funds leave ZipZap or whoever cycles it for you it's out of their hands. 

Be VERY careful!  After you click send its done.

I actually feel kinda bad for ZipZap.  I'm sure they're getting the brunt of the complaints that frightened people are having with BitInstant by mistake.  If ZipZap is smart they'll cut ties with BitInstant and let BI scurry off into obscurity.
gistus7

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:25:36 PM

Who do I contact to get my money back?
phamilykid

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:37:38 PM

i am having the same issue with bi. it seems all is well when i send to a mt gox account but when i send to my wallet directly i get some bullshit runaround. they have 500 dollars of mine also so its really frustrating
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:44:28 PM

Blog Post about Recent Downtime - blog.bitinstant.com

They can explain all they want, that doesn't fix the pending orders or the fact that they currently only have 3 exchanges live.  If you're still sending them money with all of the outstanding, unprocessed orders that have been posted in this thread, then you fully deserve the bad things that will happen to your money.  As I've said before, I'm pretty sure even BitInstant is shocked that people are still sending money to them.
rwd39

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:07:56 PM

Figured i would go ahead sign up and put my +1 here. Placed a wallet order two days ago that is still in limbo and all i managed to get was one support reply so far if you can even call it that. Was one of them copy paste we will forward this over to tech support now keep waiting. And now they seem to have gone radio silent on reddit and on here not a good way to keep long time repeat customers such as myself.

So two days later i am still sitting here wondering if i ever will be reunited with my 300 dollars.
Huxley

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:08:37 PM

I'm a little over 40 hours since last contact and nothings gone through. Personally I'm betting on them opening shop back up again a bit too early, which was a bad decision.

TBH while they may be justified in having some of their reserves low and it taking more time to move money back in (I'm assuming everything was dumped upon news of the attack, then overwhelmed with orders once they reopened shop) there is really no logical reason for them to have sunk the boat or turned ripper. With what the market did in the last few days, the percentage they charge and the traffic they get, (not to mention what they must make swapping currencies) there is certainly not lack of overall funds there. Its also worth saying that all individuals involved seem to be pretty damn public where there would be too many problems for them personally if they ever did decide to cut and run in such an obtuse way.

And just to echo everyone else, +1 for communication with your customers, no matter what the situation is.
Suetonius

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:00:14 PM

Everybody calm down, they have been having technical issues they messaged me yesterday saying I would have my coins in 24 hours and viola I do.  Thanks for resolving the issue.
EverSoClever

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:28:49 PM

Everybody calm down, they have been having technical issues they messaged me yesterday saying I would have my coins in 24 hours and viola I do.  Thanks for resolving the issue.

I understand that each of us has our own best interest at heart but collectively we would like EVERYONE to get the service they were intrinsically promised, but really dude!?! What good is your refund going to do us?

They told you they're having "technical issues"?  No shit.. Why don't they have a certified rep here telling us that?  Even if it's BS, at least the rest of us would think they're trying.  I'll take false hope over no hope.  Which is my current state.  

*Edit**

Sorry, I said refund.. I meant doing that shit we payed them to do in the first place.  Bravo BitInstant!
Mondian

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:32:23 PM

Agreed, they could at least say something or reply to correspondence.  All I got was a single form letter reply then nothing but silence and that message on the front page saying they can't do direct to address transfers until the 11th.  That's fine, I'd love to give them an alternate place to send me my btc or at least hear some sort of response instead of this communications blackout.
EverSoClever

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

I haven't even gotten an automated email, which is quite literally the least they could do.  I wonder if that claim to return straight to address transactions will affect TX's made prior to the 11th (i.e. me and I'm sure many of you).  Thanks for the heads up Mondian!
jordanmax1

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:05:18 PM

Hey everyone, wanted to let you guys low that I finally received my coins. This was accomplished by just being a general dick, and emailing the fuck out of support. I probably sent over 20 emails to rachel, Seth, Charlie, and even one to coinapult. I also emailed zipzap.
Not sure what's really going on with them, they have been acting kind of shady - ill just leave it at that.

never using the direct to bitcoin address again either.

dnelsonsf

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:07:07 AM

Hey, I know this is my first post but I assure you I am not someone from their staff trying to make it look like everything is alright. I created this account solely because I have been keeping up with this thread through their downtime and once I processed a straight to wallet transaction that went days without being fulfilled. I sent them like my 4th email to them today, (The first of which was the only that got a response and it was the automated response mentioned in above posts). I never get rude or irritated with people but as I was doing something for a friend and was therefor handling their money so I got a bit agitated with them in previous messages. But the message I sent today was one of peace. I simply said I wanted to do whatever needed to happen to resolve the issue and that I understood that price fluctuations in the bitcoin value, combined with shortages on reserves could lead to issues getting people their funds without losing profits and that I understood that so I asked if they could simply send the funds to my mtgox account and I would take the loss from mtgoxs fees for converting. They responded three minutes later asking me for my mtgox account name and I sent it to them along with much thanks and within an hour I had two email confirmations for the transactions. They said that the money was deposited into my mtgox account in two separate transactions of $200. Well I emptied my mtgox account out completely last time I used them. And I checked repeatedly throughout the hour between when I had replied and when they had deposited my funds and my balance was at 0 flat. After the transactions processed there was $415 on my mtgox account. Even with the zipzap fee I only paid $413 when I filled out the moneygram form. So they actually gave me a bit extra. And they waived their fees on me as well since originally the total I was calculated to receive was $393 after bitinstants fees. So I actually made out with $22 extra which should cover the mtgox conversion fees. So all is well. I was very stressed out but I am posting here to let you know (Since I have been keeping up with everyone in this thread having the same problem as me) that they are there and they are willing to help. You may have to compromise and have the funds sent to mtgox or something, but if you are willing to work with them they will help you to get all of your funds back. I responded to their email when the funds were sent saying I would pass on the word to all of you good folks so here it is. Just keep calm and try to work with them. I imagine they are having major issues still and they are doing the best they can under the circumstances, I imagine. They are very short-staffed. So again, help them help you and all will be well. And thank you all! I know it may not seem like much to y'all but the posts I have been following on this thread helped ease my mind a bit and kept me better informed as to what was going on, and it was this thread that gave me the idea for my compromise.
Mondian

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:50:13 AM

Must just be luck then.  I sent a few emails to support and contacted Yankee here on the forums, politely asking for status updates and offering to have my BTC routed to mtgox instead of my wallet, if it would speed things up, and haven't received any response.
phamilykid

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:10:37 AM

i only got mine via a mt gox voucher and after 17 emails back and forth. very few of which were not automated responses. im glad i got paid but it leaves the question are they safe to use again? what are alternatives to bi?
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 05:57:12 AM

Hey All,

I know everyone is frustrated of our slowness in replying. We suffered setbacks that you all know about last week.

We appreciate your patience.

I'd like to stress, to this day, we have never ever scammed anyone.

If you have an order that has not processed, we will refund the fees always and honor the BTC price.

Please bear with us, as we are short staffed at the moment.

Your emails will get answered, it may take a little longer then usual

Thanks

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: