Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201064 times)
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

The DCR is a stable coin in the crash.

yes Decred is a valid and stable coin ... i think this project is one of the most valid of all cryptoworld.... have more and more potentiality... i think in long term this project can reach first 10 position but i think dev need more marketing and some rensonance in cryptoworld media...  Wink
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:29:28 PM

How do i import seed from here?

import you wallet via https://wallet.decred.org/#/add
1. create new wallet (give it a name)
2. Show Advance Options
3. Click Specify Your Wallet Seed
4. Enter your Wallet Seed and Create

I think if this don't help than idk...

ya it's funny how out of 1.6 MILLION PRE-MINE somehow i didn't get my 200 coins? lol .. great work nerds Shocked

bump^

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
nuzzo
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 09:12:53 AM

Because Bitcoin is focused so much on preserving backward compatibility, there are certain updates we won't ever see included in Bitcoin without causing a fork. Interesting approach by @decredproject to avoid this by unifying the community through a PoW-PoS combo.
https://twitter.com/theobtl/status/1019676848127664130
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:17:16 AM

Decred is the first project with on-chain governance.  The community approved a few code changes (like adding LN) for consensus hard fork (no chain splits in the Decred community) and will be steering the development fund with it when Politeia finishes rolling out.I really like the governance model but the staking requirements are too high for me. Good luck for the future.
Samuel Velez

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:58:39 AM

Dear DCR Team,

Aiodex is the trading platform for innovative ideas and solution based on blockchain. Come and show us and everyone in the crypto world know the value and strength of your community at https://aiodex.com

Plz, don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Aiodex Team

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aiodex_official
Telegram: https://t.me/aiodex_official
Facebook: https://fb.me/aiodexofficial
Discord: https://discord.gg/RvhvdZq
gtzanap

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:54:26 AM

Because Bitcoin is focused so much on preserving backward compatibility, there are certain updates we won't ever see included in Bitcoin without causing a fork. Interesting approach by @decredproject to avoid this by unifying the community through a PoW-PoS combo.
https://twitter.com/theobtl/status/1019676848127664130

This is no guarantee. Sure the changes are voted but that doesn't make them unanimous. In theory there could always be a chain split.
It is very unlikely of course

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:06:56 AM

Hi everyone, i've read that trezor has add support to decred recently.
Where can i find a guide that help me to transfer my decred on my trezor?

Thank you!
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:28:33 PM

This is no guarantee. Sure the changes are voted but that doesn't make them unanimous. In theory there could always be a chain split.

The decred code was written to make impossible a chain split.
When a hardfork voting happens the old blockchain "dies" instantly.
It's impossible for someone to take control and keep it alive as happened with ETH/ETC and BTC/BCH
gembitz

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

It's impossible for someone to take control and keep it alive as happened with ETH/ETC and BTC/BCH

watch me fork your coin what you are saying is impossible unless it's rigged and not even an open source project..errrr yeah :\

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:12:14 PM

watch me fork your coin what you are saying is impossible unless it's rigged and not even an open source project..errrr yeah :\

it is obvious that the coin can be cloned like any other, just copy and paste the code
The question was another.
It was about a split in blockchain as happened with eth / etc.
This is impossible in decred because the blockchain stops working without POS voting that will always be directed to only one chain.
gembitz

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:14:26 PM

it is obvious that the coin can be cloned like any other, just copy and paste the code
This is impossible in decred because the blockchain stops working without POS voting that will always be directed to only one chain.

directed by who? If we decide to fork we decide to fork...there shouldn't be some crypto-nazi dictating code..this is open source? :\hmm

gtzanap

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:46:12 PM

This is interesting, although I admit I still don't understand how it is impossible to make a chainsplit even if it does indeed take more work than I assumed before.
But if you insist this is the case and the dev team agrees, I guess I'll take your word for it

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 08:06:46 PM
Merited by iCEBREAKER (2)

This is interesting, although I admit I still don't understand how it is impossible to make a chainsplit even if it does indeed take more work than I assumed before.
But if you insist this is the case and the dev team agrees, I guess I'll take your word for it

Everything in Decred is voted on by the stake holders.

The developers write and test code for BOTH outcomes of the vote.  In the instance where a fork would occur, Decred's governance automatically selects the code based on the outcome of the vote by the stakeholders. 

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/a-look-at-decreds-governance-system/

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:55:29 AM

The developers write and test code for BOTH outcomes of the vote.  In the instance where a fork would occur, Decred's governance automatically selects the code based on the outcome of the vote by the stakeholders

That's the important bit! Without being voted on, a chain split can literally not happen. The attacker would need to have so many tickets staked such that for every block in the split chain, they were assured their tickets would be called on to vote for the validity of their split chain. This is the power of the consensus model we have in Decred, and why it is prohibitive (impossible) for the chain to be split in an eth/etc manner.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
gembitz

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:05:07 AM

The developers write and test code for BOTH outcomes of the vote.  In the instance where a fork would occur, Decred's governance automatically selects the code based on the outcome of the vote by the stakeholders.  

That's the important bit! Without being voted on, a chain split can literally not happen. The attacker would need to have so many tickets staked such that for every block in the split chain, they were assured their tickets would be called on to vote for the validity of their split chain. This is the power of the consensus model we have in Decred, and why it is prohibitive (impossible) for the chain to be split in an eth/etc manner.

why not we remove this silly voting thats controlled by the developers and their buddies themselves lol Wink = total circle jerk

gtzanap

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:31:12 AM

The developers write and test code for BOTH outcomes of the vote.  In the instance where a fork would occur, Decred's governance automatically selects the code based on the outcome of the vote by the stakeholders

That makes it clearer. Thanks!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:20:39 AM

LOL, didn't know Btctalk trolling was still a thing. when stakey branded lambos sir?

IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:54:12 PM

That makes it clearer. Thanks!

Sure thing. Cool In case you don't know of it, check here for all Decred stats: https://dcrstats.com/ There you can see the number of PoS tickets that are live, the current cost of tickets, etc. It helps when modeling figures around how expensive such attacks would be.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
Simss

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:38:31 AM

How does everyone see dcr in 5 years?? More of a common payment method that is used in daily life in tiny increments, or more of a store of wealth currency that is rarely used, but extremely robust and stable as a store of wealth.
wangxiaoyan888666

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:51:03 AM

The technical content of DCR project is very good, it is worth the patience of investors to hold 2-3 years, I believe the return will be amazing.
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: