Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:53:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129210 times)
Dice

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:01:20 PM

Can i just say that weexchange is ridiculously empty. Its making it basically impossible for me to get some BTC from AUD! bleh....

The fiat market's are still very new. The more people who start to use them (like yourself) means others will begin to gravitate towards them as well.
Also I am working to bring in some liquidity providers for them. Smiley
Understood, it just sucks that i've been trying to get some BTC for weeks and the more i wait the more the price goes up lol. Oh well... For the record they have temporarily disabled creating orders, unless its only me. Sad

Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

There were some adjustments to be made. It is working again Smiley
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:54:31 AM

Can i just say that weexchange is ridiculously empty. Its making it basically impossible for me to get some BTC from AUD! bleh....

You do realise that you aren't required to buy bitcoins from Weexchange to use Bitfunder, right? You can buy from where-ever (localbitcoins, bitinnovate, etc) and transfer into the Weexchange wallet, then transfer to Bitfunder.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 05:35:53 AM

Phew, good news for virtual shares trading.

Dice

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:01:42 PM

You do realise that you aren't required to buy bitcoins from Weexchange to use Bitfunder, right? You can buy from where-ever (localbitcoins, bitinnovate, etc) and transfer into the Weexchange wallet, then transfer to Bitfunder.
I did it because it was the only AUD option available (whilst me being abroad) unless there is other AUD options that would be great Smiley

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 09:17:21 PM

I think they will upgrade weexchange in the coming weeks.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 02:10:06 AM

Hi Ukyo!

Did you notice the notorious Bakewell deleted all of his asset's profile info?

If possible, please consider restoring it to aid in any recovery efforts.

Cheers!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 04:41:17 AM

Hi Ukyo!

Cheers!

https://bitfunder.com/asset/bakewell

LOL @ Ian.

Add: Ukto, what's this mean?  "Issuer may Modify Description:   Option not set."
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:33:28 PM

Hi Ukyo!

Cheers!

https://bitfunder.com/asset/bakewell

LOL @ Ian.

Add: Ukto, what's this mean?  "Issuer may Modify Description:   Option not set."

Ukyo, please respond to these questions.  It's been a week since we asked them.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:12:23 PM

Ukyo, please give us some information about your understanding of the Bakewell scam situation either here or in the Bakewell thread.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 06:17:02 PM

Am i see it right or is the trading fee of bitfunder 5 times as high as the trading fee of btc-tc?

And regarding the connection to weexchange... i dont let btc lay around at weexchange or at bitfunder (which seems to be the same) but what happens to the exchange if weexchange is hacked and all money is stolen? I mean will bitfunder take a big risk there?

How can i make backups that serve as proof against the security issuer in case bitfunder closes for some reason? I mean some things learned from glbse.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:46:18 PM

Am i see it right or is the trading fee of bitfunder 5 times as high as the trading fee of btc-tc?

Nah, it's only 2.5 times as high (less if you trade a decent volume).  Bitfunder only charges a fee to the seller, BTC.CO charges both sides - so halve the Bitfunder rate when comparing.  And use .25% instead of .2% for BTC.CO if you don't use a Yubikey (I'd recommend you use one even without the fee discount - it's more secure and easier than Google 2FA/a PIN).
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

Nah, it's only 2.5 times as high (less if you trade a decent volume).  Bitfunder only charges a fee to the seller, BTC.CO charges both sides - so halve the Bitfunder rate when comparing.  And use .25% instead of .2% for BTC.CO if you don't use a Yubikey (I'd recommend you use one even without the fee discount - it's more secure and easier than Google 2FA/a PIN).

Ah ok... but still 2.5 times.

Im not sure why a Yubikey should be more secure than 2FA because when it comes to stealing it i think a smartphone can be protected with a password or pin. A Yubikey can be simply used... if it has the website name on it or the thieve knows what its for.
But he anyway would still need the userpass to log in.

Maybe you speak about these new viruses that attack the pc and the smartphone of the user simultaneously. For that attack it would be safer. But i think if someone has the login-details and is a physicl thieve he only has to steal the smartphone or the Yubikey. It wouldnt matter much what it is.

What i like with 2FA too is that you have your smartphone with you most of the time. Yubikeys, maybe for different website different ones... has to be carried with you especially for that reason.

I dont see so big differences in security there.

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:00:38 PM

Ah ok... but still 2.5 times.

Im not sure why a Yubikey should be more secure than 2FA because when it comes to stealing it i think a smartphone can be protected with a password or pin. A Yubikey can be simply used... if it has the website name on it or the thieve knows what its for.
But he anyway would still need the userpass to log in.

Maybe you speak about these new viruses that attack the pc and the smartphone of the user simultaneously. For that attack it would be safer. But i think if someone has the login-details and is a physicl thieve he only has to steal the smartphone or the Yubikey. It wouldnt matter much what it is.

What i like with 2FA too is that you have your smartphone with you most of the time. Yubikeys, maybe for different website different ones... has to be carried with you especially for that reason.

I dont see so big differences in security there.

Yubikey is ONLY vulnerable to physical theft.  That's not such a concern to me - computer's hard drive is encrypted so if they steal computer and yubikey they still have no idea what it gives access to (or what my passwords are).

Biggest plus of it is it's so much easier.  I use it for every transaction - as I don't have to type in any codes or anything, just touch it and it types the code in.  Using Google 2FA is far more tedious and intrusive - which I guess is why most sites haven't even implemented authorising at a transaction level.

I use Yubikey on BTC.CO/LTC-GLobal and Google 2FA everywhere else that I can.  Yubikey is miles easier in my view - I'd happily have every transaction on all sites verified by Yubikey.  I'd go insane doing that with Google 2FA.

That said, you do raise an issue - that if I want to access BTC.CO/LTC-Global from my smart-phone then I have to disable Yubikey first.

You can use Yubikeys on as many sites as you want - unless they insist that they you purchase from them and run their own Yubikey servers.
strello

Activity: 234

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:30:19 PM

Ukyo, still waiting for you to make some sort of comment on the Bakewell scam.

Please feel free to PM me if you get bored with these requests which I will keep posting every couple of days in your thread.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
dance4x

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:08:10 AM

What is the reason for forcing Weexchange onto BitFunder users? I wanted to start using BitFunder, but something messed up during my Weexchange verification and now I am unable to use BitFunder until Weexchange responds to my emails. This is one area where BitFunder falls behind BTC-TC in my opinion.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:26:06 AM

Doesn't need to run another bitcoind with it's associated maintenance and security issues.

Weex isn't bad when you've made an account.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:15:53 PM

What is the reason for forcing Weexchange onto BitFunder users? I wanted to start using BitFunder, but something messed up during my Weexchange verification and now I am unable to use BitFunder until Weexchange responds to my emails. This is one area where BitFunder falls behind BTC-TC in my opinion.

I believe your money is stored at weexchange all the time. This way bitfunder doesnt have to take the risk for the users bitcoins.

dance4x

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:25:07 PM

I believe your money is stored at weexchange all the time. This way bitfunder doesnt have to take the risk for the users bitcoins.

Ahh. This makes more sense. Guess I'll just have to wait to hear from weexchange in regards to my account.
louong

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:41:33 PM

I just want to say thanks to Ukyo, Ukto and Graet on the #bitfunder and #weex IRC channels for helping me sort out my Google 2FA issues. Thumbs up! Cheesy

Bitcoin Tips Accepted: 17r5ebmU2JDqEuEfWkWzJ9TkShS1MqTJYH
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: