Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's Butterfly Labs Scammer Investigation including Josh Zerlan  (Read 100028 times)
plasticuser

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:02:19 PM

It's an unwinable bet. One of the parties to the bet gets to judge whether the conditions have been met.

The whole purpose of the bet is to put the other party to the bet on the defensive. To prove.... nothing. People have opinions of other people, of how businesses are run. Some people win, some people lose. Some people like to stick it to the man. Whatever.

Josh, you have a habit of offending your customers. You feel slighted, and many feel the slighting is fair. You could use a good PR guy. When you get posted on slashdot and half the comments are criticisms of you personally, you might want to reconsider how you interface with the world. How you might do that, or if you do that at all is entirely up to you. You're responsible for your own actions.

Keltic, you have such a strong sense of injustice, but it'll get you nowhere. Josh doesn't care about your feelings. Josh is a businessman. His job is to get the money out of your pocket and into his coffers. He goes a little further than some might, but he seems to deliver the product eventually and even get it right most of the time. The business he is in is in an entirely new frontier - almost the Wild West. Adjust your expectations accordingly. He doesn't need your business. He's back-ordered - there are a dozen other customers to replace you.

To everyone else: BFL has a crappy reputation, and they've earned it. They delivered later than late on a major product line. Consider this: they sold many MANY more units than they imagined they would. The money was rolling in. It was only when they were deep in order-book trouble that they had any inkling of the fulfillment problem they had. It is HARD to scale up a production business. I know. I have had to do it multiple times. The main thing that had them in trouble was the pre-orders. With the Monarch they have repeated the mistake with pre-orders, but they have simplified the production cycle greatly in a learned response to the complexity of their previous product lines. Subject to ASIC availability, they'll be able to fire out Monarchs at an unprecedented rate. Getting to shipping will be hard, but once they're there, they (and their customers) will have a much easier time of it. If they get to where they can develop the next generation on this generation's earnings, there will be no need for pre-orders. They should plan accordingly.

Everyone, lighten up. Josh, no need to be so defensive. Keltic, take a deep breath. Let's wait and see what happens next.

Too much butt-hurt in this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:16:44 PM

I love how you always resort to argumentum ad hominem?
I can back up my statements. Can you do the same?

Care to take the bet?

Yes, I'll bet any amount you want that you are unable to backup your statements.  However, since you are a confirmed liar, you must escrow any amount you want to bet with a trusted third party, as I do not believe for one hot second you would follow through with any bet you make without someone forcing your hand.

PS - you may want to look up the definition of an ad hominem argument, since you it's painfully clear you have no idea what it actually is.

PPS - Here's my prediction of KelticFox's response:  "But but but... I won't bet because ______ (fill in the blank with whatever lame excuse you can think of)."  You will waffle, hem and haw just like little Bryan Micon did when confronted with the actual reality of making an escrowed bet against your lying.  It's impossible for twats like you to actually follow through with your claims. You like to talk all sorts of shit, but when the rubber meets the road, you waffle and come up with some pathetic excuse as to why you won't make the bet.

You pick the amount of the bet, I don't care what it is... 1 BTC or 1000 BTC (or more if you prefer).  You escrow it, I'll escrow it and then you provide the proof of your claims.  If you fail to provide proof of all your quoted claims within 24 hours, you lose the bet.  If you provide proof of all your claims within 24 hours, you win the bet.  JohnK, if he's willing to take the escrow, is fine with me and he can keep 10% of my winnings.

How about you honor your other bets like http://www.bitcoindf.org/ before making other bets? Like real men do!

Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:04:00 AM

Hey Josh, because I know you're watching this thread... Can you please go give BFL Customer Service a light kick up the bum for me?

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:13:45 AM

How about you honor your other bets like http://www.bitcoindf.org/ before making other bets? Like real men do!

Inaba is not a real man.  Or any kind of man at all.  He is a low worm.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 03:51:28 PM

I love how you always resort to argumentum ad hominem?
I can back up my statements. Can you do the same?

Care to take the bet?

Yes, I'll bet any amount you want that you are unable to backup your statements.  However, since you are a confirmed liar, you must escrow any amount you want to bet with a trusted third party, as I do not believe for one hot second you would follow through with any bet you make without someone forcing your hand.

PS - you may want to look up the definition of an ad hominem argument, since you it's painfully clear you have no idea what it actually is.

PPS - Here's my prediction of KelticFox's response:  "But but but... I won't bet because ______ (fill in the blank with whatever lame excuse you can think of)."  You will waffle, hem and haw just like little Bryan Micon did when confronted with the actual reality of making an escrowed bet against your lying.  It's impossible for twats like you to actually follow through with your claims. You like to talk all sorts of shit, but when the rubber meets the road, you waffle and come up with some pathetic excuse as to why you won't make the bet.

You pick the amount of the bet, I don't care what it is... 1 BTC or 1000 BTC (or more if you prefer).  You escrow it, I'll escrow it and then you provide the proof of your claims.  If you fail to provide proof of all your quoted claims within 24 hours, you lose the bet.  If you provide proof of all your claims within 24 hours, you win the bet.  JohnK, if he's willing to take the escrow, is fine with me and he can keep 10% of my winnings.

1. Argumentum ad hominem means to attack the character of the person who counter argues your stance in order to invalidate their position. It's also a psychological avoidance technique to detract away from the central issue.

2. I've PM'd John.K to ask him to act as an escrow agent. I've stated the bet is for 1BTC as that is what I originally stated.
When I've received the address, I will deposit the 1BTC. When you have deposited your 1BTC, I will release the evidence to my statements.

Be glad that I'll take your 1BTC and buy Homeless Voucher books for £35 each (for 10 vouchers).
At current prices ($700) you can feel all fuzzy that your BTC is being used to give 120 people a bed for the night, a hot meal, a shower, access to laundry facilities and the outreach program at O'Hanlon House in Oxford, UK.

1) Now that you've finally figured out the definition to the big words you are using, can you tell us how it applies to my statements to you?  No?  I wonder why...  Of course, I suspect I know exactly what you will say, but you need to stop and consider your statement before you hit that post button, because your reasoning is flawed.  Stop and think why it's flawed for a moment, then get back to me.  As usual, like your math, you are wrong.

2)  You just let me know when he's ready.  I look forward to your laughable "evidence." 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:52:50 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 07:06:21 PM by chanson

For those playing at home, everything KelticFox has posted is an outright lie. Not surprising from someone who can't even do basic math (BFL backlog cleared in 2047! How did that prediction work out there?) , but none the less it is entertaining to watch pathetic people try to make up things to vilify others... And be so incredibly bad at it.

You don't have to believe me, though. Go ahead and ask him to provide a shred of evidence for his claims.

Josh. Josh. Josh.

I don't know KelticFox, but I *can* independently back his claim, you lying sack of scammer shit.

I have BFL order #100059780 for a 5+2GH/s miner.

Your incompetent monkeys (that were apparently busy mailing 7GH/s miners to people that paid for 5GH/s according to Jody) sent me a 5GH/s miner that I received in the last weeks of October (was out of town and didn't have it in my hands until last weekend of October, wife received it and I'm not sure of the exact day it was delivered).

I have been unable to get any god damn response to get this rectified from you assholes, may you all burn in hell.

On the weekend of November 7 I used the "Technical Support" contact link on butterflylabs.com to report the problem (no follow up to date--40 days and counting)

After hearing nothing, I visited your abandoned hell hole of a support forum that seems to be held together by SloK on November 12 for god-knows why. Was advised to PM BFL_Emily which I did.

On Nov 17 I check my messages on forums.butterflylabs.com, no reply from BFL_Emily. So I proceed to send an email to office@ requesting that the upgrade be refunded. I happen to chance upon BFL_Jonathan being active in the chatbox and after a brief discussion he tells me to shoot an email to rma@ (Sent Nov 17).

On Nov 27 I happen upon BFL_Jonathan in the chatbox again and I tell him I've had no contact or response from rma@. He asks me to PM him the details. I do. BFL_Jonathan does not reply or follow up on the PM he requested.

On Dec 2 BFL_Emily finally replies to the Nov 12 PM with some copypasta that is already everywhere in your forum that essentially asks if I've tried turning it off and on again. I don't see her PM until I visit your site on Dec 9 (despite having email notifications configured) I reply to tell her I've done all that and the device refuses to hash over 6GH/s. Has not replied to my reply.

On Dec 9 BFL_Jody blogs about stupid customers that supposedly complain about getting higher-rated devices than they order. HARDY HAR HAR. That's so fucking funny. (Jody's blog posts *do* happen to be emailed to me).

Current status: Contacted office@, rma@, websites technical support form, BFL_Jonathan in chatbox, PMs to BFL_Emily and BFL_Jonathan and absolutely no progress for over seven weeks.

I have checked the miner repeatedly after powercycles using all the voodoo suggested un your forums while monitoring the USB getinfo using cgminer's "java API stats". The best I've ever been able to manage through numerous power cycles is:

[GetInfo] => DEVICE: BitFORCE SC0x0aFIRMWARE: 1.2.90x0aIAR Executed: NO0x0aCHIP PARALLELIZATION: YES @ 20x0aQUEUE DEPTH:400x0aPROCESSOR 3: 10 engines @ 328 MHz -- MAP: 77660x0aPROCESSOR 7: 10 engines @ 274 MHz -- MAP: 8F7C0x0aTHEORETICAL MAX: 6020 MH/s0x0aENGINES: 200x0aFREQUENCY: 291 MHz0x0aCRITICAL TEMPERATURE: 00x0aTOTAL THERMAL CYCLES: 00x0aXLINK MODE: MASTER0x0aXLINK PRESENT: NO0x0aOK0x0a0x00

This 6.02GH/s is reached in 10% of the time. The other 90% of the time it wants to hash at 5.7GH/s. The +/-10% of the advertised 7GH/s requires that the device hash at least 6.3GH/s.

TL;DR Josh STFU
Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:12:43 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 01:30:30 AM by Red_Wolf_2

Honestly, I didn't want to bring this up here, but if it is the only way the issue will get sufficient attention to be resolved, I really feel I have no choice. When it is resolved satisfactorily I'll happily delete the message again...

Orders are being fulfilled out of sequence, ie newer orders are being made and fulfilled before older orders even leave production. So far I have seen this happen with four separate orders all made after mine, and all fulfilled before mine. I've been trying to get this sorted out with BFL CS, but have simply been ignored (hence my comment above for the light kick up the bum).

Can we please get this sorted out before BFL turns what was previously a happy customer into yet another raving anti-BFL keyboard warrior?

EDIT:
Ok, so someone went and wiped out a lot of the posts on the thread about Jalapenos being fulfilled out of sequence. Fortunately, I took notes... Total count of orders with Jalapenos in them made after mine yet fulfilled before mine is up to six, and I expect more to come...

EDIT 2: Should have made than seven... Also, here is the thread in question. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/post-sales-customer-service/6949-jalape%F1o-november-orders-only-status-bfl-please-clarify.html

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF
pokerjet

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:33:32 AM

When clicking thru, it doesnt go to a valid place (aka no content to what the poster claims)
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 03:26:52 AM

Unsurprisingly, no bet has materialized.  I guess we know what KelticFox's lies are worth!  A big fat zip.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:57:40 AM

Unsurprisingly, no bet has materialized.  I guess we know what KelticFox's lies are worth!  A big fat zip.

Hey Inaba you missed my post. Why would anyone take a bet with you if you don't honor your past bets? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.msg3999609#msg3999609

Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:29:19 PM

Hey Inaba you missed my post. Why would anyone take a bet with you if you don't honor your past bets? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.msg3999609#msg3999609

Agreed, I gathered a few decent candidates, here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348305.0

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 02:37:44 PM

Actually, I have yet to receive a reply from JohnK. Unfortunately he hasn't been online since the 29th November.
The fact that you're deflecting the blame onto me to preserve your own reputation (which is laughable by the way), I find amusing.

I have come to the conclusion however that you are simply attempting to goad me into an argument as I'm not located in the US, thus a target you believe you can victimise without any possible retribution.

What makes you think I have any idea where you're located? Don't flatter yourself into thinking I give even the smallest shit about a snarky little twat like you.  Deflecting what blame?  You're the one that is lying, you refuse to prove it without a bet (which is fine) but you won't make the bet and you will only claim to bet 1 BTC.  If the truth you claim is there ,why not bet 10 BTC?  It's easy money for you, right?  No... the reality is you know you're a liar, I know your a liar so you won't make any sort of real bet, and if you are somehow forced into making this bet, at least you're only out 1 BTC instead of 10. 

Goad you into what argument?  You make false claims, claim you have proof and fail to back them up.  I tell you I will bet you and to find a trusted escrow and you have yet to do so.  It seems to me that anyone would jump at the chance to score a quick $600 for no work at all, that is, unless you don't really have any proof to back up your lies... then I can understand why you would be waffling. Looks like I called that one from the start!

Kouye

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:48:19 PM

...some nonsense...

Way to ignore http://www.bitcoindf.org/ bet again!
Josh is an obvious liar, no possible argument, here. Smiley

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:07:20 PM

They've pre-sold more then 60,000 monarchs which have missed their power targets by about 70% and the bullet run is expected to now be late march.

"some units might hit 350W, but most will be 500W or more, expect high end to be 600W"
"which means we may revise the estimate to 350W for the 300GH version, 600GH version being 600W"

Apparently they're also now having thermal expansion detach bumps (like Nvidia in 2008).

Hi - where is the source for this info?

Cheers,

Will

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:52:59 AM

Basically, because they're idiots, which is what Inaba/Josh Zerlan is betting on.  It's worked out pretty well for the BFL scam so far.

No one who is not an idiot should place a bet with the known welsher and thief Inaba/Josh Zerlan, and nobody who is not an idiot should place an "order" with BFL.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:40:23 AM

No one who is not an idiot should place a bet with the known welsher and thief Inaba/Josh Zerlan, and nobody who is not an idiot should place an "order" with BFL.

Just in case anyone forgets:

I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Buy & Hold
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 07:13:15 AM

And the lack of evidence and proof continues. No bet. No evidence . No proof... Guess we know what your claims are worth foxy! Man up and admit you lied and we can move on.

I know I will never see my 1 BTC you promised me (you being a liar and all)... So I will tell you how I know you are lying from the get go... We don't have the chips yet... How can we have thermal expansion issues or know power problems without chips? Idiot. This is why everyone knows you are a liar.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:12:11 PM

And the lack of evidence and proof continues. No bet. No evidence . No proof... Guess we know what your claims are worth foxy! Man up and admit you lied and we can move on.

I know I will never see my 1 BTC you promised me (you being a liar and all)... So I will tell you how I know you are lying from the get go... We don't have the chips yet... How can we have thermal expansion issues or know power problems without chips? Idiot. This is why everyone knows you are a liar.

*yawn*

1. So you're stating BFL_Jonathon did not state your chip issues in IRC?

2. Are you stating that anyone in the #Butterflylabs room on Freenode, in which Jonathon (who is op'd and enforced) stated the power issues, are colluding together to smear BFL?

3. Are you stating that there aren't any outstanding RMA's from November?

4. Are you stating that your customers on your own forum are lying in regards to issues with their existing devices and RMA requests?

I don't know enough about chip manufacturing to state if the issues are correct or untrue.
What I can state accurately is that BFL_Jonathon, a BFL customer representative (aka member of staff) who is op'd and enforced, came into the #butterflylabs room located on Freenode and stated issues with the chips.
Your own forum and my personal experience states that your RMA queue is at least backlogged to November.

This cannot be denied. I strongly suspect that it will be denied (or more accurately, simply avoided).

Whatever you say I'm done. You're boring me now...

So let me see if I can sum up your lies in one tidy little bundle here:

1.  You make a claim that is obviously false.
2. I call you on it.
3. You claim to have proof.
4. I offer to bet that you don't.
5. You agree.
6. You fail to honor the bet.
7. I go ahead and prove you wrong anyway.
8. You make a claim that is obviously false...

We are back at step 1.

You are a real piece of work, KF.  Lets look at your claims one by one.

1. BFL has no official presense in IRC.  I don't know if Jonathon is in IRC or not, but he is not there as a representative of BFL.  What he stated or what he did not state, I have no knowledge of.  You claimed you had proof of what he stated, yet you have failed completely and utterly to provide said proof.  This leads me to believe you are lying, otherwise you would have produced said proof long ago (and gained 1 BTC in the process).

2. I don't know what goes on in #Butterflylabs nor do I care.  It's not our channel and I don't give one slim fart about IRC.

3. I don't know, there may be a couple for various reasons, but most RMAs are handled within 24 - 48 hours of arrival in our office.  We have virtually no "backlog" of RMAs.

4. What you are even referring to?  Do you read the things you write?  Is it just random strings of characters you put together and hope they make sense? 

So... you don't know enough about chip manufacturing to state if the issues are correct or true?  Really?  Here, let me quote you:

Apparently they're also now having thermal expansion detach bumps (like Nvidia in 2008).

So why are you making a statement when you have absolutely no idea what it even means?  Oh, that's right... you lied.

Let's see what else we've got:

They've pre-sold more then 60,000 monarchs which have missed their power targets by about 70% and the bullet run is expected to now be late march.

60k monarchs huh?  That would be pretty awesome... you do realize that 60,000 Monarchs would be over 288 MILLION DOLLARS right?  Anyone with even a tiny bit of common sense would realize what a ridiculous figure that is.  But, you don't let fact, truth and honesty get in the way of your claims, right?  Make whatever wild claims sound good, doesn't matter if it's true!

Missed our power targets by 70%... that's pretty specific, especially since we don't have a chip to test with.  How does that work again?  You even admit that we don't have a chip in the false claim that the bullet run is delayed until March (it's not)... so if you really believed it was delayed until march, how could you make the 70% claim?  Oh that's right... you were lying.  Again.

In the meantime, their RMA queue is huge (with the RMA email address refusing emails) with the amount of people who's devices have engines which have just died.

Is it?  How do you know this?  The RMA queue is not huge, nor is it large, excessive or even moderately flabby.  It's about where you'd expect for shipping 50k units.  In fact, it's smaller... to date we've had less than 1500 RMAs.  3% failure rate, and a fair portion of those are actually PSU issues, not hardware issues, but be that as it may, a 3% failure rate is perfectly acceptable in this industry and is actually considered fairly good.  So... another lie.  No large RMA queue here. How you would even know the size of the queue is a mystery, but again, there's no need for you to let honesty and truth get in the way of your claims.

Yes KelticFox, lie after lie after lie.  You really should get better at lying and pick things that aren't so easy to disprove with simple logic.  I know simple logic escapes you, just like basic arithmetic, but seriously here's a piece of advice.  Think before you post.  You just look like a bigger idiot every time you press that post button.  You started out with piss poor math and have graduated to outright lying... when there are a number of suitable things to gripe about BFL, it's mind boggling that you find the need to make things up.  Do you feel threatened?  Is that why you are lashing out in such a juvenile fashion?  Perhaps you should seek counseling for you problem.

Kouye

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:13:30 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 03:27:36 PM by Kouye

In the meantime, Josh still owes ~500BTC for a lost bet he still has to honor.
http://www.bitcoindf.org/

EDIT : BTW, you should probably send an email to have http://www.songsoflove.org/sponsors/ edited.
As they did not acknowledge your donationSad

chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:36:41 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 03:56:15 PM by chanson

3. I don't know, there may be a couple for various reasons, but most RMAs are handled within 24 - 48 hours of arrival in our office.  We have virtually no "backlog" of RMAs.

Josh, you are a lying, deceptive sack of fetid horse shit. You are saying that when RMA devices arrive at BFL the turn around is 24-48 hours. You are not saying that you respond to RMA requests withing 24-48 hours. Do you want a prize for being dense?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.msg4013080#msg4013080

Congrats on your recent abortion of a new RMA-request hoop that is completely broken. It goes something like this:

BFL via sticky in chatbox: Hey! Everybody forget about any rma's you've been trying to get and go fill out some new RMA-request form we threw together without testing on your account page

Everyone: *le click* wtf --- BFL says I can't RMA because I don't have a "competed order"Huh!?? WTF ...? OH, I get it you're so incompetent that the miner that's on my desk is still listed as in "Production" two months after it was delivered.

BFL: Made you click you fuckers! Tongue

Just give me the god damn device I ordered or refund the upgrade, you piece of shit fucker. I am not paying to ship anything back to you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: