Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's Butterfly Labs Scammer Investigation including Josh Zerlan  (Read 100026 times)
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:44:18 AM

No one who is not an idiot should place a bet with the known welsher and thief Inaba/Josh Zerlan, and nobody who is not an idiot should place an "order" with BFL.

Just in case anyone forgets:

I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

That's exactly the welshing I was talking about.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:49:24 AM

Here's another 1000 btc bet Inaba didn't pay:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92268.msg1217403#msg1217403

At the odds of 500:1 that are in effect for this bet I will win 1000 BTC if I am correct (power efficiency is less 350 Mhash/Joule), and lose 2 BTC if I am incorrect (power efficiency is greater than or equal to 350 Mhash/Joule).

Buy & Hold
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:21:03 AM

Josh Zerlan, a.k.a. Inaba, is a worthless liar, a welsher, and a thief on basically every level.  I doubt this worm has ever done anything honorable in his life.

This really makes him the perfect representative for BFL, the scummiest, most dishonorable corporation ever to do business in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:12:05 PM

I'll back this statement

Josh Zerlan, a.k.a. Inaba, is a worthless liar, a welsher, and a thief on basically every level.  I doubt this worm has ever done anything honorable in his life.

This really makes him the perfect representative for BFL, the scummiest, most dishonorable corporation ever to do business in Bitcoin.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:47:43 AM

Heres BFL_Josh trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63314

Also Here's Inaba trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback as-well Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:56:08 AM

Still waiting on my 1 BTC from KelticFox... what a surprise he didn't pay up.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:42:00 PM

Still waiting on my 1 BTC from KelticFox... what a surprise he didn't pay up.

I'll put this in simple words you'll understand as comprehension seems to be a problem for you...

The statements were made. They were made by a member of Butterfly Labs staff (who was auth'd and enforced) in a public chat room.
If they are true or not is not my problem.

If they are true then you're a liar and you're trying to cover your arse (possible based on previous BFL statements which you made).
If they are not true then you're inept at your job as Chief Operations Officer (?) because you can't control your staff. I'd seriously be questioning why he said those things. Especially in a public room, official or unofficial...

The RMA issues: Very nicely worded (and clever) response! "...but most RMAs are handled within 24 - 48 hours of arrival in our office.  We have virtually no "backlog" of RMAs.".
Shame there is a 33 day wait on authorisation for the RMA!

As per the 1BTC I 'owe you'... I didn't see your BTC held in escrow by John.K as per your agreement. Thus I don't 'owe you' anything.

... You escrow it, I'll escrow it and then you provide the proof of your claims.  If you fail to provide proof of all your quoted claims within 24 hours, you lose the bet.  If you provide proof of all your claims within 24 hours, you win the bet.  JohnK, if he's willing to take the escrow, is fine with me and he can keep 10% of my winnings.

On the other hand there are the outstanding payments you have yet to pay for bets lost.... [1][2]

I will put this in simple terms you can understand, KelticFox.  We've already proven that you can't do math or understand simple English, so I will try to be as simple as possible for your poor little brain:

I bet you that you could not provide proof for your statements.  You have not provided proof for your statements.  You lost the bet.  You owe me 1 BTC.  You have failed to pay the 1 BTC owed.  Do you understand this?  The bet was simple: You provide proof.  You have not provided any proof. You lost. You are a liar for making the statements and you are a liar for not paying up the bet you lost.

On the other hand, there are no outstanding payments for any bets.  Again, you are lying and I challenge you to prove it.  You can't, therefore you are again a liar.  Would you like to also bet on that?  Oh that's right, you don't follow through with your bets.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:26:23 PM

Yes, go on and deflect your lying, cheating tendancies on me.  You made a bet, you failed to follow through, simple as that.  You lied about your proof and you lied about the bet. Pretty simple equation.  You are just a liar.

Lassi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Burn the wings off those bastards.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 10:20:25 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 10:37:50 AM by Lassi

You really do spout crap... I'm starting to think you have sociopathic tendencies.

You are correct he is a sociopath and at least anti-social.

Code:
Internet Trolling, Scatologia & Digital Psychopathy

http://michaelarntfield.com/internet-trolling-scatophilia-digital-psychopathy/

anti-social refers to the specific, clinical definition as found in the DSM IV, namely that anti-social behavior,
as the symptom and diagnostic criterion for anti-social personality disorder, generally consists of three or
more of the following traits:

a)     Failing to conform with social norms or lawful behavior

b)    Ongoing deceitfulness, including lying, the use of aliases, or exaggerations

c)     Consistent and reckless impulsivity

d)    Consistent and persistent aggressiveness and physically domineering behavior

e)     Reckless disregard for the safety of one’s self or others

f)     Consistent irresponsibility and inability to maintain personal, professional, or financial obligations

g)     An ongoing and demonstrated lack of remorse or emotional intelligence

Factor 1: Personality: “Aggressive narcissism”

Glibness & superficial charm
Grandiose or exaggerated sense of self-worth
History of pathological lying
Conning & manipulative behavior
Lack of remorse, guilt, or conscience
Shallow affect & disingenuous emotion
Callousness and a lack of empathy
Inability to accept responsibility for one’s actions

Factor 2: Case history: “Socially deviant lifestyle”

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Leads a parasitic and leeching lifestyle
Shows or has poor behavioral controls
Lacks realistic long-term goals & lives in a fantasy world
High impulsivity
Consistent irresponsibility
History of juvenile delinquency
History of early behavioral problems in childhood
Has had a revocation of conditional release if applicable

Now it's time for the FTC to put everything Butterfly Labs has done through the magnifying glass and then burn the wings off those bastards.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:42:46 AM

You really do spout crap... I'm starting to think you have sociopathic tendencies.

Mere "tendencies?"  I love the understatement that predominates on these lovely boards.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:45:51 AM

OP: Are you Micon the Icon? Smiley I remember you from poker. Small fan here, not a big one. Wink
GlapLaw

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:15:23 PM

Well, I just read through all 27 pages of this disaster of a thread.

Can someone take the time to distill exactly what the "scam" is?

I get that they delayed products a long time and had questionable refund practices during the delay, but is that it? Is there something wrong with the products themselves?
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:21:22 PM

I get that they delayed products a long time and had questionable refund practices during the delay, but is that it? Is there something wrong with the products themselves?

If you actually did read the thread you would know.

"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?"
GlapLaw

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

If you actually did read the thread you would know.

Apologies, I meant documented issues/problems. Around page 20, the thread turned into name calling and denials.

Something like this: http://hashfast.org/Timeline

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:01:24 PM

The only people you find complaining on Bitcointalk for the most part are competitors or known trolls like Entropy, Bicknellski, etc...

To answer your question though: No there is nothing valid they bring to the table that qualifies as a scam. Just angry butt hurt trolls who can't stand the fact that all their idiotic "predictions" and false claims turned out to be lies and they are exposed for what they are. So they try to flood the threads and forum with more junk in hopes that people will forget.

GlapLaw

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:24:10 PM

The only people you find complaining on Bitcointalk for the most part are competitors or known trolls like Entropy, Bicknellski, etc...

To answer your question though: No there is nothing valid they bring to the table that qualifies as a scam. Just angry butt hurt trolls who can't stand the fact that all their idiotic "predictions" and false claims turned out to be lies and they are exposed for what they are. So they try to flood the threads and forum with more junk in hopes that people will forget.

Respectfully, you've been just as guilty of that. It's been a very eye opening thread, to say the least.

I have no dog in this fight, just wish there could be some sort of dialogue..."hey, this is what you've done wrong, and here is the evidence" and counters of "We haven't been perfect, and here's how we're working to improve."

Name calling doesn't restore BTC or help reputations.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

This forum has become irrelevant due to the lack of moderation. The only way to get anything accomplished here is to troll, hence that's what you get. If you want honest dialog without the trolling, i suggest the BFL forums. If you will notice, I only respond to trolls for the most part. If people like Entropy, Micon, Bicknell ski, etc would stick to posting facts and being honest instead of lying constantly, I would have no need to post. But they are incapable of being honest, thus the only way to combat a troll around here is to be as bad as they are. If we could get real moderation, then it wouldn't be an issue.

LittleD

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:34:12 PM

Heres BFL_Josh trusted feedback link. Please give them a Trusted feedback Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63314

Also Here's Inaba trusted feedback link. Please give him a Trusted feedback as-well Smiley Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
LittleD

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:39:50 PM

This forum has become irrelevant due to the lack of moderation. The only way to get anything accomplished here is to troll, hence that's what you get. If you want honest dialog without the trolling, i suggest the BFL forums. If you will notice, I only respond to trolls for the most part. If people like Entropy, Micon, Bicknell ski, etc would stick to posting facts and being honest instead of lying constantly, I would have no need to post. But they are incapable of [size=113pt][/size]being honest, thus the only way to combat a troll around here is to be as bad as they are. If we could get real moderation, then it wouldn't be an issue.

"HONEST" WOW  Shocked there's a word I didn't know you had in your vocabulary Inaba! Did you hurt your fingers when you were typing that word HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:55:05 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 09:07:46 PM by Entropy-uc

Respectfully, you've been just as guilty of that. It's been a very eye opening thread, to say the least.

I have no dog in this fight, just wish there could be some sort of dialogue..."hey, this is what you've done wrong, and here is the evidence" and counters of "We haven't been perfect, and here's how we're working to improve."

Name calling doesn't restore BTC or help reputations.

You can distill it down to this:

BFL knowingly made fraudulent representations about the performance and delivery of their ASIC hardware to generate sales.  Fraudulent representations were continuously and repeatedly made by Josh to keep the flow of order money coming in until the company could cure their default and actually ship hardware.  Delivery actually occurred more than a year after the original promise dates if some reports are true.

Josh in particular would regularly promise shipments would begin in 2 weeks when it was definitely known to be false as silicon fabrication schedules would make his statements impossible.

Josh, as an early adopter of Bitcoin should be enormously wealthy, and a very happy camper.  Instead he is filled with rage because essentially everyone in this community considers him to be lower than dogshit.

Personally I think someone who made a large investment in BFL could make a compelling case for damages resulting from detrimental reliance upon BFL's public statements.  But I was never stupid enough to spend a dime with them, so I don't particularly care beyond the entertainment value of the whole soap opera.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: