June 16, 2024, 06:07:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:31:49 PM

how about faucet ?

i think it would be nice if we have faucet to help spread the words and build the community

i'm sure all the community here will be happy to donate some coins/verge

please consider

@DEV
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 02:53:30 PM

how about faucet ?

i think it would be nice if we have faucet to help spread the words and build the community

please consider

@DEV

i will convert the faucet for verge today, thanks for reminding me. in the mean time you can play:

dogecoindark.goldmin.es

when i put up the new one, ill take this one down.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:35:05 PM

how about faucet ?

please consider

@DEV

i will convert the faucet for verge today, thanks for reminding me. in the mean time you can play:

dogecoindark.goldmin.es

for sure i will promote the faucet when its ready
Funny

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 07:10:37 PM

I know people here have been mentioning coin promotion or advertising. This global moderator https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=164822 with over 16k posts on bitcointalk is looking to sell his sig space for the YEAR https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1371971.0

I asked him and he is open to advertising an ALT coin. Thought it could be worth looking into and maybe taking up a collection for.

Are we doing anything to take advantage of this Huh?

This is interesting,  I would contribute

Not a bad idea, but how much do you offer as no price is mentioned.

Yes please give us more information so we can begin contributing to purchase this advert space.

I asked them for a price but they did not give it, so kind of hard to take up a collection when you do not know what amount they are looking for. I'm not experienced with what good signature campaigns pay, but I'm assuming he's looking for something in that range for the year.

Zedux

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:13:41 AM

how about faucet ?

please consider

@DEV

dogecoindark.goldmin.es

Dev you need to double check what's going on with the blockchain explorer freezing it seems the guy with all that hashpower uses it to freeze the explorer so that people stop mining motivated by such high hashpower but the mining keeps going on then he's left almost solo mining as everyone is thinking it's still solving that block this has to be solved asap.
The wallet hasn't updated for the last 11 hours (but blocks are being mined) this has to stop.

Zedux

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:25:41 AM

I added verge into alcurex coin request check it out!

https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/newcoin

over 3k users online seems to be another good place to spread the Verge  Smiley

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 01:51:47 AM

how about faucet ?

please consider

@DEV

dogecoindark.goldmin.es

Dev you need to double check what's going on with the blockchain explorer freezing it seems the guy with all that hashpower uses it to freeze the explorer so that people stop mining motivated by such high hashpower but the mining keeps going on then he's left almost solo mining as everyone is thinking it's still solving that block this has to be solved asap.
The wallet hasn't updated for the last 11 hours (but blocks are being mined) this has to stop.

Dev is addressing these things as we speak.

CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 01:55:44 AM

I know people here have been mentioning coin promotion or advertising. This global moderator https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=164822 with over 16k posts on bitcointalk is looking to sell his sig space for the YEAR https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1371971.0

I asked him and he is open to advertising an ALT coin. Thought it could be worth looking into and maybe taking up a collection for.

Are we doing anything to take advantage of this Huh?

This is interesting,  I would contribute

Not a bad idea, but how much do you offer as no price is mentioned.

Yes please give us more information so we can begin contributing to purchase this advert space.

I asked them for a price but they did not give it, so kind of hard to take up a collection when you do not know what amount they are looking for. I'm not experienced with what good signature campaigns pay, but I'm assuming he's looking for something in that range for the year.

Then we need to come up with a price - what is would that be worth to Verge, keeping in mind what it costs to advertise externally.

Zedux

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

how about faucet ?

please consider

@DEV

dogecoindark.goldmin.es

That's great! Verge has a problem it's becoming too popular  Grin

mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:18:22 AM

The problem is that Verge stops issuing award blocks once the high hashing person finds a block. The difficulty then shifts to high difficulty and the perpetrator leaves the system hung for hours. This has to be fixed as the network must still issue award blocks even when extreme hash rate is issued. If it does not do this the entire verge system locks.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:36:33 AM

The problem is that Verge stops issuing award blocks once the high hashing person finds a block. The difficulty then shifts to high difficulty and the perpetrator leaves the system hung for hours. This has to be fixed as the network must still issue award blocks even when extreme hash rate is issued. If it does not do this the entire verge system locks.

It's well understood what is happening. A solution just needs to be implemented. Growing pains.  Grin
CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 04:28:39 AM

It's well understood what is happening. A solution just needs to be implemented. Growing pains.  Grin

Yes and Dev is working on it, so I am sure we will hear about it soon.

CryptoRekt

Activity: 377

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 10:08:58 AM

Everyone needs to relax. Derverkins is on the case.. Shit will get fixed. Blocks will be mined. And rewards will be gained.

Just breath people.

It takes a bit of time to implement a system update.

Cheers-

Rekt

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:31:07 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 10:43:51 AM by fosco333

It's well understood what is happening. A solution just needs to be implemented. Growing pains.  Grin

Everyone needs to relax. Derverkins is on the case.. Shit will get fixed. Blocks will be mined. And rewards will be gained.

Just breath people.

Cheers-

Rekt

We all know Verge has the best dev in the entire crypto world that's fact period. We should just get used to more and more hash power.

Verge translation post on the Chinese forums (8BTC) has got pretty good attention. Some questions are popping up and are being answered. Next step is getting some exchanges in China trading Verge. Once they realize their Bitcoins and themselves can be traced Verge will become very popular in China.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:20:37 AM

Just breath people.

Cheers-

Rekt

yeah, right now, it can be fixed quickly if people point hashpower at it once they recognize its happening. the other day we had as much hashpower as litecoin/dogecoin, and then when it dropped off, we were back to 10gh/s trying to solve a block meant for 600gh/s... it just shows that we are becoming more popular by large pools pointing hashpower at us. possibly clevermining? i am working on a fix right now. i have two options, one is to change the difficulty retarget to ~50 blocks, or make the chain produce a low difficulty block once an hour no matter what. im still reviewing both ideas. if anyone from the community would like to have some input, feel free to pm me in chat or write me a message on here.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 11:28:50 AM

Just breath people.

Cheers-

Rekt

yeah, right now, it can be fixed quickly if people point hashpower at it once they recognize its happening. the other day we had as much hashpower as litecoin/dogecoin, and then when it dropped off, we were back to 10gh/s trying to solve a block meant for 600gh/s... it just shows that we are becoming more popular by large pools pointing hashpower at us. possibly clevermining? i am working on a fix right now. i have two options, one is to change the difficulty retarget to ~50 blocks, or make the chain produce a low difficulty block once an hour no matter what. im still reviewing both ideas. if anyone from the community would like to have some input, feel free to pm me in chat or write me a message on here.

With the two options, looking at face value my preference would be to produce a low difficulty block once an hour - to keep things moving along.
What if any are the concerns with this?

@ 600 GH/s with retarget @ 50 blocks - would this still work in principle if XVG was hashing at 1 TH or more?

Rabid Parrots

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:30:26 AM

Just breath people.

Cheers-

Rekt

With the two options, looking at face value my preference would be to produce a low difficulty block once an hour - to keep things moving along.
What if any are the concerns with this?

@ 600 GH/s with retarget @ 50 blocks - would this still work in principle if XVG was hashing at 1 TH or more?

Wouldn't the low difficulty block also make the coin more profitable for miners and increase interest?

I know next to nothing about mining.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:57:05 AM

how about faucet ?

please consider

@DEV

dogecoindark.goldmin.es

In regards of the faucet i know a multifaucet that is quite popular lots of users
https://cryptospout.com/index.php
https://cryptospout.com/support/
I will contact them to see if they are willing to add verge!

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
Zedux

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:59:07 AM

It's well understood what is happening. A solution just needs to be implemented. Growing pains.  Grin

Just breath people.

Cheers-

Rekt

make the chain produce a low difficulty block once an hour no matter what

This dev best option! let them kill all hashrate they want if they are here to mine and help they will be rewarded accordingly if not they'll be discouraged to hit and run.

Wouldn't the low difficulty block also make the coin more profitable for miners and increase interest?

I know next to nothing about mining.

in a sense yes but then another bigger miner would show up and we are back to the same issue. Verge has been getting sometimes half the hashrate of what Dogecoin gets it's really a lot. Best is just to keep things as they are and let the chain produce a low difficulty block once an hour.

Bitcoin!

Activity: 768

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:20:35 PM

I also sent a message to https://shapeshift.io/
if they could add it, its kind o direct exchange!

Report to moderator 
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: