May 02, 2024, 11:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:44:41 PM

Oohhhhhh, I love the option "scrypt, x15, lyra2rev2, blake2s, prime"!!!!  However, why not throw in SHA256 while we are at it?

I am with you for including SHA256, there are a lot of miners out there who would love to mine this Verge.

Plus there are also duel miners (Scrypt & SHA256).

see https://www.miningrigrentals.com/ front page see the algos listed:

SHA256 - 431 rigs

Scrypt - 194 rigs

Edit: but going to vote  x11, scrypt, prime, sha256
why do we have so many "wait, lets add more options..." voters?

It would be better to suggest than wait.

I haven't revoted yet but

x11, scrypt, prime, sha256 would be great if you add Lyra2REv2  

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:47:12 PM

how long are u waiting for?

One day.
Previous transactions were much faster.

when things are as they should be it's fast. All I can tell you, is the dev isn't sitting back and doing nothing he's exploring options.
ljconstructionpa

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:53:34 PM

just a little worried about my coins, invested alot of money into verge thats all.
Zedux

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:03:20 AM

just a little worried about my coins, invested alot of money into verge thats all.

Don't worry as long as you sent to the right wallet address everything is safe, with MA Verge will decentralize completely the mining great step for even more future great.

myriadcoin

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:27:38 AM

Hi. I'm going to have to go with "wait, lets add more options...". Here's why:

x11, scrypt, prime

Why just 3 when you can have 5? Actually, there's no real limit to how many algorithms you can run simultaneously. The only trouble is that, if an algorithm's hash power is too small, it can easily become a victim of difficulty hopping. This is where a large miner or pool starts mining when the difficulty is low. They get many blocks in a short time, then the difficulty soars, and they stop mining. The hash rate drops dramatically and miners take forever to find the next block. The difficulty drops, then the big fish jumps back on. Repeat. In multi-algo this is less of a problem as the other algos keep the blockchain running smoothly, but the big miner is getting cheap coins in the end, which leads to dumping, and weaker network security.

Of course, the more algorithms a coin uses, the smaller the portion of block rewards per algorithm = lower hash rate = easier target for difficulty hopping.

Our experience with Myriad shows that 5 algorithms seems to work fine, even on fairly low hash rates. However, in the past we did have issues with scrypt and sha256d (not our GPU or GPU/CPU algorithms). We solved this by enabling merge mining on scrypt and sha256d. Hash rate skyrocketed, and the network has been running great ever since.

x11, scrypt, prime, sha256

2.5 ASIC algos, and 1.5 GPU algos. I dunno... that's a lot of ASIC

x11, scrypt, lyra2rev2

Why leave out sha256d? It has the most mature ASIC market today. If anything, you would be better off having sha256d than scrypt or x11. Also, the issue I have with lyra2re2 is it's mainly just used by Vertcoin. Vertcoin devs publicly state they will change the algo in the future, so lyra2re2 has rather limited support.

x11, x13, x15, x17

This one has merit. x11 ASICs are starting to come online, and an x13 ASIC would appear to be only one step away, x15 two steps away, and x17 three. This could have the effect of allowing a very even, gradual shift from the GPU to the ASIC phase. Essentially, that's what every coin wants.

I'm not voting for this option yet, but the community should consider it.

scrypt, prime, x13
lyra2rev2, x13, prime

Seem like fairly random choices. Why x13? Why not neoscrypt or keccak for GPU? Neoscrypt is a more popular GPU algorithm used in Feathercoin and others.

keccak, x11, prime, scrypt

Again, why scrypt and x11 but not sha256d?

scrypt, x15, lyra2rev2, blake2s, prime

Why x15? Seems random... again, why not neoscrypt or keccak?

My picks...

I am a bit biased here, but personally I would like to see a flock of multi-algo coins all merge mining with each other and supporting each other. Therefore, it would be nice if Verge used one of the Myriad GPU algorithms. They are fairly supported now that they're used by Digibyte and soon also by Auroracoin. So with that, I would go with:

sha256d - best ASIC algo, no brainer
scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt
groestl - Myriad GPU algo

All merge mined.

6 algos. 2.5 ASIC, 3.5 GPU. Groestl should be fairly easy to implement in an ASIC. Neoscrypt and prime will probably take a significantly longer time to see ASICs. Plus, Verge could claim to be the first 6 algo coin. I think that has great marketing potential Cheesy

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 12:35:03 AM

x11, scrypt, prime

Why just 3 when you can have 5? Actually, there's no real limit to how many algorithms you can run simultaneously. The only trouble is that, if an algorithm's hash power is too small, it can easily become a victim of difficulty hopping. This is where a large miner or pool starts mining when the difficulty is low. They get many blocks in a short time, then the difficulty soars, and they stop mining. The hash rate drops dramatically and miners take forever to find the next block. The difficulty drops, then the big fish jumps back on. Repeat. In multi-algo this is less of a problem as the other algos keep the blockchain running smoothly, but the big miner is getting cheap coins in the end, which leads to dumping, and weaker network security.

Of course, the more algorithms a coin uses, the smaller the portion of block rewards per algorithm = lower hash rate = easier target for difficulty hopping.

Our experience with Myriad shows that 5 algorithms seems to work fine, even on fairly low hash rates. However, in the past we did have issues with scrypt and sha256d (not our GPU or GPU/CPU algorithms). We solved this by enabling merge mining on scrypt and sha256d. Hash rate skyrocketed, and the network has been running great ever since.

x11, scrypt, lyra2rev2

Why leave out sha256d? It has the most mature ASIC market today. If anything, you would be better off having sha256d than scrypt or x11. Also, the issue I have with lyra2re2 is it's mainly just used by Vertcoin. Vertcoin devs publicly state they will change the algo in the future, so lyra2re2 has rather limited support.

x11, x13, x15, x17

This one has merit. x11 ASICs are starting to come online, and an x13 ASIC would appear to be only one step away, x15 two steps away, and x17 three. This could have the effect of allowing a very even, gradual shift from the GPU to the ASIC phase. Essentially, that's what every coin wants.

scrypt, prime, x13
lyra2rev2, x13, prime

Seem like fairly random choices. Why x13? Why not neoscrypt or keccak for GPU? Neoscrypt is a more popular GPU algorithm used in Feathercoin and others.

My picks...

I am a bit biased here, but personally I would like to see a flock of multi-algo coins all merge mining with each other and supporting each other. Therefore, it would be nice if Verge used one of the Myriad GPU algorithms. They are fairly supported now that they're used by Digibyte and soon also by Auroracoin. So with that, I would go with:

scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt

All merge mined.

6 algos. 2.5 ASIC, 3.5 GPU. Groestl should be fairly easy to implement in an ASIC. Neoscrypt and prime will probably take a significantly longer time to see ASICs. Plus, Verge could claim to be the first 6 algo coin. I think that has great marketing potential Cheesy

That's the kind of input we need, not just "I will wait for more..."

Your points are valid and I would change my vote to your suggestion:

sha256d
scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt
groestl

BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:54:57 AM

x11, scrypt, prime

x11, scrypt, lyra2rev2

x11, x13, x15, x17

scrypt, prime, x13
lyra2rev2, x13, prime

My picks...

scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt

All merge mined.

sha256d
scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt
groestl

Good points and the selectio at the bottom covers a vast amount of the general populas

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
ljconstructionpa

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:42:23 AM

make sure it has sha-256 im heavy invested in this coin and i have 20 s7 farm i would love to mine it and help the network
p75formula

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:47:20 AM

I feel you. Especially given the recent climb I have far more invested into VERGE as a total percentage of all my crypto as any other coin by far.

This one is just far too good to let go of.
p75formula

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:54:33 AM

I must say, I appreciate Myriad's post a lot. I consider myself to be fairly well informed but he just dropped a knowledge bomb on me, and provided nice explanations along with it.

I do prefer that whatever group we go with, we keep scrypt. I don't think we should abandon our roots and kick out the dedicated users who have been mining with scrypt all along. Better to just invite new algos to join the party.
myriadcoin

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:01:54 AM

Oops guys... I accidentally just voted again for "wait, lets add more options..." Anyone know how to undo a vote?  Huh  Cheesy

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
Rabid Parrots

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:10:17 AM

Oops guys... I accidentally just voted again for "wait, lets add more options..." Anyone know how to undo a vote?  Huh  Cheesy

Lobbyists tend to do the trick.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
bitLeap

Activity: 1162
Merit: 476

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:33:29 AM

I voted (scrypt, x15, lyra2rev2, blake2s, prime) with Scrypt we already get to keep those big farms if we add Sha256 you now have got half the mining given to huge farms and normally those farms work with Scrypt and Sha256 together so they can just continue doing what they did but now using their two farms so I think it's not a good idea.

I like your idea of 6 algos so maybe dev can close the deal with scrypt, x15, lyra2rev2, blake2s, prime, groestl this option imo is perfect.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
A_McGriff

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:11:30 AM

x11, scrypt, prime

x11, scrypt, lyra2rev2

x11, x13, x15, x17

scrypt, prime, x13
lyra2rev2, x13, prime

My picks...

scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt

All merge mined.

I'm with everyone, i like this idea best! All Dev has to do is give his blessing and throw it up on the voting board Grin

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 03:12:17 AM

i reset votes and added some more options. ill probably do this two or three more times until next friday.. adding and deleting based on popularity..

thanks for all the input so far, im glad to see this discussion being thought out among so many people. keep it up, im watching.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
BITDV
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:45:21 AM

i reset votes and added some more options. ill probably do this two or three more times until next friday.. adding and deleting based on popularity..

thanks for all the input so far, im glad to see this discussion being thought out among so many people. keep it up, im watching.

Ok all the algo's up have there pro's and con's and i think 6 is a good variety for people to use and will help to decentralize the mining , Im not sure if this has been suggested or not but what about a masternode option, help to decentralize it more and another option to 1 take more verge off the markets , anon masternodes can be set up create a stronger anon presence and also the reward strucker can be used as a form of mining as in rewards , similiar to darknet , like masternode mining , just thinking aloud and placing other options on the table !!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:47:45 AM

x11, scrypt, prime

x11, scrypt, lyra2rev2

x11, x13, x15, x17

scrypt, prime, x13
lyra2rev2, x13, prime

My picks...

scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt

All merge mined.

sha256d
scrypt
x11
prime
neoscrypt
groestl

sha256d - ASICs
scrypt - ASICs
x13 [x15 or x17] - lessen the ASIC load
prime
neoscrypt
groestl

This way you have an intermediate which might eventually be taken over by ASIC, but I figure why put in x11 which is already taken over by ASICs, when you can already very easily mine with X13-17.  I like your suggestions however though and I think this gives a great variety.  I wouldn't mind throwing Keccak in there as well.  For the same reasons x11 is a nice algo, is what makes the other x algos also nice, especially since they are overkill on encryption.  Will maybe help slow down quantum computers trying to brute force our chain =P
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:49:20 AM

Ok all the algo's up have there pro's and con's and i think 6 is a good variety for people to use and will help to decentralize the mining , Im not sure if this has been suggested or not but what about a masternode option, help to decentralize it more and another option to 1 take more verge off the markets , anon masternodes can be set up create a stronger anon presence and also the reward strucker can be used as a form of mining as in rewards , similiar to darknet , like masternode mining , just thinking aloud and placing other options on the table !!

Are there more pros and cons to this idea?  I'd like to hear more about this personally.  Isn't Dash also using a system like this?
BITDV
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:07:47 AM

Are there more pros and cons to this idea?  I'd like to hear more about this personally.  Isn't Dash also using a system like this?

Dash use pow and masternode , darknet use masternode and pos(i think ) limxcoin use pow and masternode , i dont see why we cannot expand on this , I see it as more options the better really so no one point has a advantage over another and create a vast and varied decentralize blockchain , masternodes are simple to set up with vps services like MP Hosting , Paul does a awesome job , and tor and that can be set up for it easily !!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 04:28:06 AM

Dash use pow and masternode , darknet use masternode and pos(i think ) limxcoin use pow and masternode , i dont see why we cannot expand on this , I see it as more options the better really so no one point has a advantage over another and create a vast and varied decentralize blockchain , masternodes are simple to set up with vps services like MP Hosting , Paul does a awesome job , and tor and that can be set up for it easily !!

clearnet masternodes do not provide anonymity, despite what you may have heard. anything that operates on clearnet, does not provide privacy/anonymity. i would consider setting one up on tor or i2p though, but that doesn't need to be implemented into the source code, can be set up as a stand alone service, and if i add it to the github, anyone can run one, making it more decentralized.. i agree that the more algo's the better though, as it does help decentralize mining, and gives almost every miner an opportunity to get coins.. i am a fan of adding at least 4 to 6 algos..

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: