Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 174432 times)
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:21:05 PM

The announcement of our new features (user accounts, pooled withdrawals, publishers' option to limit the captcha rate) is here: http://blog.anonymousads.com/2015/09/long-waited-features-optional-user.html (sorry for the delay)

Advertising is very cheap now. Advertisers, advertise!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chromlea

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:46:17 PM

Thanks for your question. I am not sure I understood it correctly, but will try to answer it.

If you want to advertise particular advertiser then you can use ad unit of type "Affiliate", it is just a referral link that doesn't affect your impression counts.

If you have several ad units of type "Site" on the same page, then the one that loads first will get most of the unique impressions, and the one that loads last will probably be undermonetized and display affiliate ads (you can adjust the "Wanted daily income" parameter).

Thank you very much! This clears things right up for me!
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 08:19:13 AM

so far i have not understood "in real practice) the (you can adjust the "Wanted daily income" parameter)

I have set to the minimum 1000 satoshi.
I belive that i have never got profit from "affiliate ads"
I am wrong?
I am the only one who does not understand this?

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:55:04 AM

so far i have not understood "in real practice) the (you can adjust the "Wanted daily income" parameter)

I am wrong?

If you set minimum to 1000 satoshi then the minimum price of your traffic for the paying advertisers would be 1000 satoshi per day (+fees). If they pay only 900 satoshi per day to you, then they will get only 90% of your traffic, and the remaining 10% of your traffic will be used to display affiliate ads.

Affiliate ads is the last resort in our attempt to monetize traffic. The are being displayed for free, but there is a chance to earn a reward (rewards are public, see them here: http://a-ads.com/campaigns/affiliate , more they reward publishers - more traffic they get).

If your ad unit generates unique traffic and you don't want affiliate campaigns to be displayed on your site, you can set your wanted daily income to 0.

If your "Wanted daily income" is too high (e. g. your traffic is 100 impressions/day, but your wanted income is 0.1 btc/day) then your traffic might appear to be too expensive for advertisers.

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:00:33 AM

I am wrong?

If you set minimum to 1000 satoshi then the minimum price of your traffic for the paying advertisers would be 1000 satoshi per day (+fees). If they pay only 900 satoshi per day to you, then they will get only 90% of your traffic, and the remaining 10% of your traffic will be used to display affiliate ads.

Affiliate ads is the last resort in our attempt to monetize traffic. The are being displayed for free, but there is a chance to earn a reward (rewards are public, see them here: http://a-ads.com/campaigns/affiliate , more they reward publishers - more traffic they get).

If your ad unit generates unique traffic and you don't want affiliate campaigns to be displayed on your site, you can set your wanted daily income to 0.

If your "Wanted daily income" is too high (e. g. your traffic is 100 impressions/day, but your wanted income is 0.1 btc/day) then your traffic might appear to be too expensive for advertisers.

I believed the minimum is 1000 satoshi...

camelot

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:10:33 PM

Introduction captcha - it is certainly good for advertisers.
You guarantee them the real views of advertising.
The downside is that the display itself becomes smaller.
Captcha very annoying users.
Captcha introduced many well-known resources, including adfly etc.
But abandoned it. Because the number of advertisers zashkalilo, fell views.
And your earnings depends on the display - or money from the advertising companies will not be charged.
I will not give arithmetic calculations - you yourself is easy to do.
Advertiser invests in advertising - you get a percentage of the display and a user viewed the advertisement.
If users start to ignore your ads (for captchas) - the result of the loss of views,
loss webmasters placing your ads on their sites and eventually advertisers themselves.
I would in your place thought about it.
It will be a month of innovations - look at the statistics - in the black or you're in the red.
Good luck.
Chromlea

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:47:49 PM

Using captcha to prove that a click is a human is a dangerous idea. This is because it very much favours publisher sites with Bitcoin faucets (a large portion of the sites that display a-ads falls into this category). This is because faucet users are very used to completing captcha, so people clicking an ad on a faucet site will be much much more likely to complete the captcha, than a person on any other kind of site. This means the faucet sites will have a more favourable rate of "real human clicks" than others.

If publisher revenues depend on a captcha system to "prove" their percentage of human clicks vs fake clicks, then non-faucet sites are put at a serious disadvantage here because a much higher percentage of their clicks will appear to be fake, because people who aren't as accustomed to completing captchas, won't be expecting to see one after clicking an ad and will be more likely close the window and refuse to complete the captcha.

Worse yet, I would think that many people who click an ad, especially on a non-faucet site and then see a captcha, would become annoyed thinking, "why must I fill complete this extra step? Is the publisher to blame? Is this a scam? Something seems fishy." -closes window- Even the ones that do complete the captcha will be annoyed at being forced to do this extra step, and annoyed ad clickers are not happy customers.

Plus, as an advertiser myself, there is no way I would choose to show captcha just to weed out false clicks. Because it will undoubtedly also weed out real human customers who were annoyed with the captcha appearing instead of the site they were expecting. It might be important to ensure that all clicks are from humans in a pay per click system, but this is not what a-ads is. Instead it is a pay per impressions model which means if there are non-human clicks on our ads, that is okay, because we don't have to pay extra for them. Why even send one potential customer away, just so you can verify the ones jumping through the hoops are human? That's lost sales and seems silly to me.

This is just what I think.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:46:20 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 03:56:41 PM by arsenische

Thanks for your feedback!

This captcha in most cases is just a checkbox! We display captcha with a certain probability only after the visitor clicks the ad. If most clicks of ad unit are real then captcha is displayed only for 1% of clicks. If you don't want your users to see captchas at all then just set the "captcha rate" to 0.

I agree with Chromlea: since we are not pay-per-click network, we probably don't really need to check the clicks at all. The problem is that advertisers get annoyed when they get thousands of bot-generated clicks. Their statistics gets distorted and they get an impression that all our traffic is fake. Also we need to have metrics that would enable us to distinguish good traffic sources from the bad ones to better distribute funds.

By default ad unit's first click during a day will be tested with captcha. If captcha is solved then that ad unit's traffic is considered 100% real and the probability of displaying the captcha will become 1% (though if ad unit generates only 1 click a day, then the actual captcha rate will be 100%).

But publishers can set the captcha rate to 1% manually. Or they can set captcha rate to 0 and captchas won't be displayed at all.

If advertisers require a certain percentage of traffic to be verified with captcha, then they potentially reduce conversion of their campaign.

We allow our publishers and advertisers to decide what is better for them.

Chromlea

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:58:16 PM

Yes, I'm aware as a publisher that I can set the captcha rate on my ad units to 0%. What is unclear however is how much advertiser revenues I would lose out on if I do so. It would be nice to have some sort of metric to look at that would show just how many advertisers are available to my ad unit at the different captcha rates. Like, it could show next to the box where publishers set our max captcha rate.

Something like the advertisers see when they put in their captcha rates, it shows how many ad units are connected at that %.

Like as an advertiser, I can see that at 0% captcha rate, my ad is connected to "~3521 ad units". If I raise the captcha % to 50%, this number increases to "~3534 ad units", then at 100% captcha rate, that number shown on the page increases to "~3533 ad units". This is automatically updated as I write in new percentages.

Would something like this be possible to show the publishers in a real time way? Something that would show how many advertisers are a match for our current ad unit based on our entered captcha rates?

Like if I enter a captcha amount as a publisher, is there a way to show something like this:

0% captcha - 10 advertisers (of a total 18 advertisers)

Which would automatically show the new numbers if I entered a different captcha rate:

25% captcha - 12 advertisers (of a total 18 advertisers)

or

100% captcha - 18 advertisers (of a total 18 advertisers)

I've tried playing around with the captcha rates myself, but I can't really tell what effects it's having on my ad unit.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:07:57 AM

Thanks for the idea, we'll implement it soon.

Chromlea

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:40:01 AM

Thanks for the idea, we'll implement it soon.

So great to hear! Thanks for always working to improve this service Cheesy
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:40:58 AM

Yes, I'm aware as a publisher that I can set the captcha rate on my ad units to 0%. What is unclear however is how much advertiser revenues I would lose out on if I do so. It would be nice to have some sort of metric to look at that would show just how many advertisers are available to my ad unit at the different captcha rates. Like, it could show next to the box where publishers set our max captcha rate.

Something like the advertisers see when they put in their captcha rates, it shows how many ad units are connected at that %.

Like as an advertiser, I can see that at 0% captcha rate, my ad is connected to "~3521 ad units". If I raise the captcha % to 50%, this number increases to "~3534 ad units", then at 100% captcha rate, that number shown on the page increases to "~3533 ad units". This is automatically updated as I write in new percentages.

Would something like this be possible to show the publishers in a real time way? Something that would show how many advertisers are a match for our current ad unit based on our entered captcha rates?

Like if I enter a captcha amount as a publisher, is there a way to show something like this:

Which would automatically show the new numbers if I entered a different captcha rate:

or

I've tried playing around with the captcha rates myself, but I can't really tell what effects it's having on my ad unit.

Wouldn't this not affect publisher rates at all? They're paid based on unique views of the ad block itself, not based on the ad being shown. So whether there is one ad shown or another, it shouldn't matter, should it?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:46:01 AM

Wouldn't this not affect publisher rates at all? They're paid based on unique views of the ad block itself, not based on the ad being shown. So whether there is one ad shown or another, it shouldn't matter, should it?

Publishers get money from advertisers that target them. If publisher limits the captcha rate to 0%, but advertiser requires 1%, then that publisher won't fit the advertiser's targeting criteria (won't display that advertiser's ad and won't  earn from that advertiser).

Chromlea

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:38:40 PM

Hello again Smiley

So, I was trying some things out on one of my advertising campaigns and noticed there's no easy way to remove all selected traffic sources at once. I added quite a few sites as I was experimenting with budgets (I'm trying to find the best group of sites to advertise on matching my budget), but having to remove each site separately is very time consuming. Not sure how hard of a change it would be to add something like a "Remove all selected traffic sources" button, but it could be a helpful feature.

Thanks for listening to my suggestion!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:45:14 PM

Hello again Smiley

So, I was trying some things out on one of my advertising campaigns and noticed there's no easy way to remove all selected traffic sources at once. I added quite a few sites as I was experimenting with budgets (I'm trying to find the best group of sites to advertise on matching my budget), but having to remove each site separately is very time consuming. Not sure how hard of a change it would be to add something like a "Remove all selected traffic sources" button, but it could be a helpful feature.

Thanks for listening to my suggestion!

Hi, thanks for your suggestion, I think such a button would be useful for advertisers!

But what happens if advertiser clicks this button but for some reason fails to add the traffic sources to the campaign's targeting?

E. g. this campaign: https://a-ads.com/campaigns/4027 (binarybase.co) has some balance that is not being spent (since 2014!) because its targeting is empty. I think the advertiser occasionally removed the traffic sources, and now we should either keep these money forever, or send them to the refund address or just add "All traffic" category and let it to be spent.

Maybe we should forbid empty targeting, and provide the "Reset" button instead (that would remove all the selected traffic sources with "All traffic" category).

Would you be satisfied with this solution?

Chromlea

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:57:39 PM

That actually would suit my purposes, because funny enough I even tried to do this hoping it would remove all the individual sites in favour of the broad "all traffic", but it left all the other sites still on the list and then added in addition the "all traffic" category to the bottom. I was actually hoping it would swap the many sites for the one category like you suggested!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:29:55 PM

or

Implemented. When publisher adjusts the Max captcha rate, estimated percentage of budget is being displayed:

Not sure how hard of a change it would be to add something like a "Remove all selected traffic sources" button, but it could be a helpful feature.

Implemented a "Reset" button in campaign's targeting section:

Thanks for helping us to improve a-ads!

Chromlea

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:12:18 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Grin
imarh75

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:55:15 PM

i have a very good expirience with a-ads.com..

I like your website it's really simple
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:01:59 PM

Thanks for kind words!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: