Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 174426 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:29:28 PM

Like if I enter a captcha amount as a publisher, is there a way to show something like this:

0% captcha - 10 advertisers (of a total 18 advertisers)

Which would automatically show the new numbers if I entered a different captcha rate:

25% captcha - 12 advertisers (of a total 18 advertisers)

or

100% captcha - 18 advertisers (of a total 18 advertisers)

I've tried playing around with the captcha rates myself, but I can't really tell what effects it's having on my ad unit.

Implemented. When publisher adjusts the Max captcha rate, estimated percentage of budget is being displayed:

Not sure how hard of a change it would be to add something like a "Remove all selected traffic sources" button, but it could be a helpful feature.

Implemented a "Reset" button in campaign's targeting section:

Thanks for helping us to improve a-ads!

I love the captcha change, and think this helps alleviate my original issues. It brings more transparency to how much it's affecting us as publishers, which is huge. What captcha service is being used, btw?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:40:00 PM

I love the captcha change, and think this helps alleviate my original issues. It brings more transparency to how much it's affecting us as publishers, which is huge. What captcha service is being used, btw?

Thanks for your feedback. We use Google's "no CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA" that is usually trivial to pass.

It may raise privacy concerns, but since the captcha is being loaded only after the visitor clicks the ad, it shouldn't be that a big problem. Ideally we'd use our own solution, but there are a lot of higher priority tasks right now.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:30:54 PM

A-ads is a transparent service, everybody can see the traffic and financial stats of any advertising campaign or ad unit (e. g. here is the public page for ad unit #1: http://a-ads.com/ad_units/1 and here is the public page for campaign #1: https://a-ads.com/campaigns/1 ).

Do you think the information about user accounts should be transparent as well (perhaps except their usernames and emails)? It could be interesting to see the list of ad units and campaigns that belong to the same user. So should we have a public page for every user as we do for ad units and campaigns?

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 08:14:11 AM

I'm now testing a-ads with 15 banners displaid on my sites.
I feel something wrong.
The system is certainly ok,but it is not understood by the advertisers.
(by the publishers certainly not undertand too,but I will only talk about advertisers)

The question is:
Are advertisers not manage well the a-ads system?
or
Is the a-ads system not enough  informative or do the information mislead the advertisers?

Example:(it's only an example)
I have on my site 2 banners almost at the same place.
For one a-ads say:100 unique views.
for the other close at it 10 unique views.
The advertisers are almost not interested by the 10 unuque.
All advertisers pay for the 100 unique
and almost nothing for the 10 unique.
For me if I see a page...with 2 banner spaces at the same place,the both spaces are worth the same.
But a-ads say indirectly to the advertisers that one is seeing 10 time more by unique visitors.

If I compare a-ads with other ads companies the difference is till bigger.
I have for two close spaces more advertisers and more incomes by other ads compagnies.
Why?
Certainly because if I have 5 banner spaces viewed by 100 unique visitors and a advertiser see 100 for 4 banner spaces and only 10 for one...he will pay for the 100 and not for the 10.

Banner spaces are not unlimited on a page...webmaster will go there where it is the best paid by advertisers...normal...
I believe if the difference I see on my sites is so big,it is why a-ads informations for advertisers is misunderstood and advertisers go to other compagnies...

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:28:47 AM

I'm now testing a-ads with 15 banners displaid on my sites.
I feel something wrong.
The system is certainly ok,but it is not understood by the advertisers.
(by the publishers certainly not undertand too,but I will only talk about advertisers)

The question is:
Are advertisers not manage well the a-ads system?
or
Is the a-ads system not enough  informative or do the information mislead the advertisers?

Example:(it's only an example)
I have on my site 2 banners almost at the same place.
For one a-ads say:100 unique views.
for the other close at it 10 unique views.
The advertisers are almost not interested by the 10 unuque.
All advertisers pay for the 100 unique
and almost nothing for the 10 unique.
For me if I see a page...with 2 banner spaces at the same place,the both spaces are worth the same.
But a-ads say indirectly to the advertisers that one is seeing 10 time more by unique visitors.

If I compare a-ads with other ads companies the difference is till bigger.
I have for two close spaces more advertisers and more incomes by other ads compagnies.
Why?
Certainly because if I have 5 banner spaces viewed by 100 unique visitors and a advertiser see 100 for 4 banner spaces and only 10 for one...he will pay for the 100 and not for the 10.

Banner spaces are not unlimited on a page...webmaster will go there where it is the best paid by advertisers...normal...
I believe if the difference I see on my sites is so big,it is why a-ads informations for advertisers is misunderstood and advertisers go to other compagnies...

Thanks for your feedback!

Most of the time advertisers don't pick ad units manually, and their expenses are automatically being split between ad units with respect to their unique impressions. Amount of unique impressions doesn't depend on amount of ad units on your page. Perhaps the term "unique impression" is misleading and should be replaced with "unique visitors". And probably it would be better to display non-unique impressions to advertisers by default. Do you think it would solve the problem?

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 10:11:46 AM

Thanks for your feedback!

Most of the time advertisers don't pick ad units manually, and their expenses are automatically being split between ad units with respect to their unique impressions. Amount of unique impressions doesn't depend on amount of ad units on your page. Perhaps the term "unique impression" is misleading and should be replaced with "unique visitors". And probably it would be better to display non-unique impressions to advertisers by default. Do you think it would solve the problem?

No I believe that unique visitor and unique impression is understood at the same level

the problematic stay the same if it is the advertiser who chose the ad space or a-ads system.
At my eyes...
I do not understand why for 2 ad spaces almost at the same place on a page the different income for the publisher and of course then so much difference for the advertising who pay.

Someone wrote me and said:
do not put more than 1 a'ads on your page because the second does not make money...
it this is in mind of many publisher,they will go to concurrance compagnies.
And if advertisers think that the banners are not wiewed by unique visitors,then they will not pay for it.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:29:10 AM

Someone wrote me and said:
do not put more than 1 a'ads on your page because the second does not make money...
it this is in mind of many publisher,they will go to concurrance compagnies.
And if advertisers think that the banners are not wiewed by unique visitors,then they will not pay for it.

Well, that's true, if you have N ad units on your page, that doesn't mean you will earn N times more than if you had 1 ad unit, because amount of visitors you display ads to doesn't change. You can't multiply your income by just multiplying the number of ad units on your page.

I agree that it is a bit weird that if you have 2 ad units, the first one earns much more than the second one. Perhaps we could calculate amounts of unique impressions based on the publishers' pages, not on individual ad units, and distribute funds accordingly. That wouldn't increase the publisher's income, but would split it among publisher's ad units more evenly. So instead of getting 90% of your income from the first ad unit and 10% of your income from the second one, you would get 50% from the first one and 50% from the second one. But the total amount would be the same (100%). Is it what you want?

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 02:42:52 PM

Well, that's true, if you have N ad units on your page, that doesn't mean you will earn N times more than if you had 1 ad unit, because amount of visitors you display ads to doesn't change. You can't multiply your income by just multiplying the number of ad units on your page.

I agree that it is a bit weird that if you have 2 ad units, the first one earns much more than the second one. Perhaps we could calculate amounts of unique impressions based on the publishers' pages, not on individual ad units, and distribute funds accordingly. That wouldn't increase the publisher's income, but would split it among publisher's ad units more evenly. So instead of getting 90% of your income from the first ad unit and 10% of your income from the second one, you would get 50% from the first one and 50% from the second one. But the total amount would be the same (100%). Is it what you want?

I do not want something...I just see and I analyse.
I could understand that a banner lost among other ones far down can make less money or less interest for advisters.
if you give all ads same income it will not be logic too.

I agree it's not easy.
but if I ask to miself questions about these differencies for few satoshi,I'm sure that advertisers do if they pay huge amount of money.

MilanObrtlik

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:26:32 PM

Hello,
why my views are counted not correctly? I have 1200 impressions, but only 7 unique. My traffic comes from the domain that corresponds to the URL specified and my google analytics says 250 unique visitors.
This is the unit: https://a-ads.com/ad_units/86005

Thanks
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:44:43 PM

Hello,
why my views are counted not correctly? I have 1200 impressions, but only 7 unique. My traffic comes from the domain that corresponds to the URL specified and my google analytics says 250 unique visitors.

Thanks

Hi, this is a common question. Our metrics are different from Google's. Please see http://blog.anonymousads.com/2014/08/why-am-i-not-paid-for-clicks-what-is.html for details.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:52:05 PM

Hello,

Thanks

Hi, this is a common question. Our metrics are different from Google's. Please see http://blog.anonymousads.com/2014/08/why-am-i-not-paid-for-clicks-what-is.html for details.

To tl;dr this, uniques are counted across the entire network, not just your sites. If someone visits Coindesk first that day and they have a-ads, that's who gets the unique, even if they view 10000 pages on your site after.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
MilanObrtlik

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:07:45 AM

To tl;dr this, uniques are counted across the entire network, not just your sites. If someone visits Coindesk first that day and they have a-ads, that's who gets the unique, even if they view 10000 pages on your site after.

1. At first, sorry for previous question. I was not able open a-ads blog. DNS error or something. I connect from Germany using VPN, now i can read a-ads blog.

2. I think unique visits across the entire network are really bad idea. If you have site with main traffic source from referrals, you have really bad earnings. Im sad about this :-(
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:48:28 PM

2. I think unique visits across the entire network are really bad idea. If you have site with main traffic source from referrals, you have really bad earnings. Im sad about this :-(

That's just the metric that allows us to evaluate the relative size of your traffic (a little bit more reliable than amount of non-unique impressions that are trivial to fake).

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:16:17 AM

Hello there. I would like to ask if there is anyway to increase the maximum a-ads ad slot from one to two? Having limited to just one a-ads ad slot is a good idea in a sense that there will be no duplicate advertisement. However, it is also bad for some advertiser who like to use a-ads.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:25:55 AM

Hello there. I would like to ask if there is anyway to increase the maximum a-ads ad slot from one to two? Having limited to just one a-ads ad slot is a good idea in a sense that there will be no duplicate advertisement. However, it is also bad for some advertiser who like to use a-ads.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Publishers can embed as many ad units as they like. It won't have significant effect on their earnings though unless advertisers decide to concentrate their budgets on them (or reward them for the attracted customers).

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:49:11 PM

We have a generous affiliate program: people that attract paying advertisers get half of fees we collect from them (~10% of their spendings).

We probably over-deliver since we display only globally-unique IPs by default and advertisers get more impressions than they probably expect for their money.

We even offer free advertising for advertisers that agree to integrate with our API (http://blog.anonymousads.com/2015/04/receive-free-traffic-pay-after-you-get.html).

But the advertising budgets are low, average CPM is only ~$0.15 for 1000 of globally-unique IPs. That probably means that advertisers (i. e. the ones that pay money for advertising) switched to other advertising networks.

What do you think is the reason of the declining revenue? What is the most important thing that needs to be done to fix it?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:50:41 PM

We have a generous affiliate program: people that attract paying advertisers get half of fees we collect from them (~10% of their spendings).

We probably over-deliver since we display only globally-unique IPs by default and advertisers get more impressions than they probably expect for their money.

We even offer free advertising for advertisers that agree to integrate with our API (http://blog.anonymousads.com/2015/04/receive-free-traffic-pay-after-you-get.html).

But the advertising budgets are low, average CPM is only ~$0.15 for 1000 of globally-unique IPs. That probably means that advertisers (i. e. the ones that pay money for advertising) switched to other advertising networks.

What do you think is the reason of the declining revenue? What is the most important thing that needs to be done to fix it?

I think it's more catering to publishers than advertisers. If there aren't enough publishers, advertisers stop. MellowAds has been taking off lately, so you might want to look into what you're doing differently.

Chromlea

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:03:41 PM

I'm sure there's lots of reasons for declining revenues, but here is my case, which I'm sure isn't a singular example. I am a publisher and an advertiser.

As a publisher, I have a higher traffic site where I display a-ads to earn money.

As an advertiser, I pay sites on the a-ads network to bring more traffic to my lower traffic site.

I used earnings from my higher traffic site to pay for advertising to draw more visitors to my lower traffic site. But after the big changes, my publisher earnings went way way down, so I didn't have the ability to keep paying as an advertiser anymore, even though I wanted to because the costs per impressions were very advantageous at the time.

If my publisher earnings from the higher traffic site were at the old rates, I would have more money to continue running ads through the a-ads system. But without the earnings, I cannot run the campaigns to my full wishes.
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 10:13:36 PM

Yes something is strange.
I have just onver checked shortly.
At the moment advertisers have banners on my sites for 1 satoshi per hour.(it is what I get)
Good for them...
The question is:
Why are not more advertisers seeing this do not say:
why not pay 1 satoshi per hour to be seen with the hope to be visited?
Certainly because they do not know it.
And i'm sure 100 site are in the same situation.
Why do advertisers pay sometimes so much and pass away so good opportunities?
Certainly for the same reason than I do not advertise...so far.
But I will analyse it closer soon...
I'm sure we are not clearly informed from a-ads or we are not teached enough to go towards this information.

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 02:37:56 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 07:14:15 PM by winspiral

I have placed a code on my site and I do not see it in my account...
what is wrong?

Edition:
I have tried again...seems ok.

3. Set withdraw parameters
to user's account
to bitcoin address

Not very clear this...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: