Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 174421 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:58:22 PM

I'm sure there's lots of reasons for declining revenues, but here is my case, which I'm sure isn't a singular example. I am a publisher and an advertiser.

As a publisher, I have a higher traffic site where I display a-ads to earn money.

As an advertiser, I pay sites on the a-ads network to bring more traffic to my lower traffic site.

I used earnings from my higher traffic site to pay for advertising to draw more visitors to my lower traffic site. But after the big changes, my publisher earnings went way way down, so I didn't have the ability to keep paying as an advertiser anymore, even though I wanted to because the costs per impressions were very advantageous at the time.

If my publisher earnings from the higher traffic site were at the old rates, I would have more money to continue running ads through the a-ads system. But without the earnings, I cannot run the campaigns to my full wishes.

The earnings are likely related to how unique impressions are counted. I had to remove a-ads from a high-traffic site of mine for the same reason.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:14:52 AM

ranlo, winspiral, Chromlea, thanks for your feedback!

So you highlighted the following problems:

1) Our main metric is globally unique IPs. It doesn't work well for some publishers, especially for the ones that share the same audience or have multiple ad units on the same page.

2) If publisher's ad unit doesn't generate a single globally unique IP per day then it doesn't earn and there is no easy way for advertisers to locate and buy non-unique traffic from such ad units.

3) Our interface doesn't communicate the available features well, many aspects are not intuitive.

3. Set withdraw parameters
to user's account
to bitcoin address

Not very clear this...

Here you specify whether you want your earnings to be sent to your user's account or to your bitcoin address.

If you have multiple ad units then the first option is preferable since it enables automatic pooled withdrawals (withdrawal threshold is set for user account, not for individual ad units).

PS: We'll be upgrading server software today. Downtime of our main site is possible, but ad rotation won't be affected. Sorry for inconvenience.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:59:12 PM

Our average CPM skyrockets:

It is pretty volatile though.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:06:20 PM

Some advertisers request pop-under traffic. What do you think, should we implement optional pop-under ads?

vodaljepa

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:16:55 PM

How would they work under your current system? for popunders you need to count every impression not just unique or the publisher is annoying there visitors for very little income!

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 01:22:43 PM

How would they work under your current system? for popunders you need to count every impression not just unique or the publisher is annoying there visitors for very little income!

I have nothing about popunder but not on my sites...and I avoid to visit such popunder sites if it is not worth for me.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:25:06 PM

I don't yet know how it would work, that's why I'd like to discuss it.

Perhaps the visitor would receive a popunder only if 2 conditions are met:
  • the publisher enabled pop-under ad
  • the visitor's IP is unique

Thus publishers must explicitly enable pop-under ads if they want to have them on their sites, visitor won't see pop-unders more than once per day and advertiser will receive only unique visitors.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:40:33 PM

I don't yet know how it would work, that's why I'd like to discuss it.

Perhaps the visitor would receive a popunder only if 2 conditions are met:
  • the publisher enabled pop-under ad
  • the visitor's IP is unique

Thus publishers must explicitly enable pop-under ads if they want to have them on their sites, visitor won't see pop-unders more than once per day and advertiser will receive only unique visitors.

I like that idea for the pop-unders. And if you implement that, can you also set a way to use fallback/passback tags when a visitor isn't unique (for normal banners)? If you could do this, I'd absolutely return. But it's hard to justify using banners, which may or may not go to unique users, rather than using ads where they're counted regardless.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:03:24 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

But it's hard to justify using banners, which may or may not go to unique users, rather than using ads where they're counted regardless.

Is it really that hard? Think of it as of Bitcoin mining.

Bitcoin miners don't know whether they are going to find a block now or not, but still they continue hashing and sometimes they find the block and get rewarded. In average miner's income is proportional to his/her share of the total hash rate.

Similarly is in a-ads sometimes you get unique IPs and get rewarded, your income is proportional to your share of the total traffic.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:06:08 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

But it's hard to justify using banners, which may or may not go to unique users, rather than using ads where they're counted regardless.

Is it really that hard? Think of it as of Bitcoin mining.

Bitcoin miners don't know whether they are going to find a block now or not, but still they continue hashing and sometimes they find the block and get rewarded. In average miner's income is proportional to his/her share of the total hash rate.

Similarly is in a-ads sometimes you get unique IPs and get rewarded, your income is proportional to your share of the total traffic.

Most higher end networks (not BTC-related) offer passbacks. You set them so that if the advertisers have nothing to show from one network, they will pull from another. In a case like mine, they are then chained together with floors. It'd just be a nice feature to have, Smiley.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 10:07:28 PM

I'm really not sure what's the difference between impressions and unique impressions, based on the stats I've been getting... I mean, 2000 impressions and only 6 "unique" impressions? lol.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:11:40 PM

I'm really not sure what's the difference between impressions and unique impressions, based on the stats I've been getting... I mean, 2000 impressions and only 6 "unique" impressions? lol.

There's probably something wrong with that. Tongue

But AFAIK, a unique impression is the amount of different people that have viewed your ad. An impression is the amount of times your ad has been seen. Here's an example:

Person A views your website 7 times in one day. You'll get one unique impression, and 7 impressions.

I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

But yeah, something's definitely wrong with your stats.

EDIT: Never mind, read ranlo's post. Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:12:03 PM

The only unique ones are those that haven't ever seen another A-Ads ad that day. So if someone visits Coindesk before your site, for example, Coindesk gets paid and you don't.

vodaljepa

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:15:40 PM

That is why you will never make much money with a-ads, there system is horrible, imagine Google Adsense the biggest advertising company in the world did that? they wouldn't be where they are today with such service. There are many better bitcoin advertising networks which count all impressions per site and not per network

A-ads is only good for advertisers because the rate is so cheap, but as a publisher you will make pennies  

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 11:20:14 PM

The only unique ones are those that haven't ever seen another A-Ads ad that day. So if someone visits Coindesk before your site, for example, Coindesk gets paid and you don't.
That's.... not a very good model :-/
yeah, I guess the only people benefiting are the advertisers.  Not sure why there are still publishers who are able to "gamble" like this.
FaucetWorld

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:06:40 AM

It's a very strange situation, but it can happen when page is under bots attack. Maybe first you should to review your site with Google Analytics..?
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 01:15:58 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 03:25:31 AM by monbux

It's a very strange situation, but it can happen when page is under bots attack. Maybe first you should to review your site with Google Analytics..?
I did and I've already stopped trying to earn with a-ads.  Other sites pay MUCH more fair and better.  The stats and CPM and CPC are just off.
Google Analytics shows the best stats, trust me.  We get ~100000 views per day with sometimes 110 + different active sessions.

Edit: FaucetWorld, PM me if you want to know more about what I'm using, I don't want to cluster up their thread.  I just wanted to express my opinion and I have done so.
FaucetWorld

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:37:00 AM

I did and I've already stopped trying to earn with a-ads.  Coinad pays MUCH more fair and better, as well as any of the other sites.  The stats and CPM and CPC are just off.
Google Analytics shows the best stats, trust me.  We get ~100000 views per day with sometimes 110 + different active sessions.

I will not defend a-ads. I resign from this service long time ago Wink

You mean Coinad pays good, but not so good like AdSense..? Wink I want try them but what is going on with "Invite code"? How i can get it?

Did you try MellowAds? They for sure are better than Bitmedia, but can you compare Coinad to this two services (Mellow and/or Bitmedia)?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:20:03 AM

I did and I've already stopped trying to earn with a-ads.  Coinad pays MUCH more fair and better, as well as any of the other sites.  The stats and CPM and CPC are just off.
Google Analytics shows the best stats, trust me.  We get ~100000 views per day with sometimes 110 + different active sessions.

You mean Coinad pays good, but not so good like AdSense..? Wink I want try them but what is going on with "Invite code"? How i can get it?

Did you try MellowAds? They for sure are better than Bitmedia, but can you compare Coinad to this two services (Mellow and/or Bitmedia)?

Most services are better than AdSense... they're for people that can't get into other networks.

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:01:22 AM

I did and I've already stopped trying to earn with a-ads.  Coinad pays MUCH more fair and better, as well as any of the other sites.  The stats and CPM and CPC are just off.
Google Analytics shows the best stats, trust me.  We get ~100000 views per day with sometimes 110 + different active sessions.

Most services are better than AdSense... they're for people that can't get into other networks.

So far, I've found that AdSense pays the most, but there might be another site out there that pays out a lot. What other ad network do you recommend?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: