Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:50:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 174437 times)
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:18:34 AM

Please express your opinion. How would you like to be notified by Anonymous Ads?

Update on the site notification board is the best. I dont like to be email spammed with notifications. Just have a link to the notification section on the home page.

So you'd prefer to come again and again to the site to check the notification board?

(e. g. if your balance is depleted or something is wrong with your ad unit, you won't know about it until you come and check it)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dâniel Fraga

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:38:56 PM

So you'd prefer to come again and again to the site to check the notification board?

(e. g. if your balance is depleted or something is wrong with your ad unit, you won't know about it until you come and check it)

Hi Arsen, I think a better way is to provide a RSS feed. Anyway I already follow you though RSS feed from Blogger.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:55:37 PM

Please express your opinion. How would you like to be notified by Anonymous Ads?

Update on the site notification board is the best. I dont like to be email spammed with notifications. Just have a link to the notification section on the home page.

That is customer specific notification. U may put it against customer's ad unit and have them an option to subscribe to mail. But for general notification, give it on site and may be on twitter too...

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:34:02 PM

Few days ago we developed new features for advertisers to increase their loyalty (events and notifications)

Our traffic is so cheap, hopefully it is a seasonal phenomenon. We are desperately trying support our publishers and to attract new advertisers Smiley

New advertisers can Try out Anonymous Ads for free!

Publishers that refer advertisers with their affiliate links, get half of the fees (as usual) Wink

mnsx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:53:21 AM

Hi,

could you explain me what different between "Impressions" and "Unique impressions"?

On your statistic, 9 aug, my page had 50 000 impressions a day and 6 unique impressions. Sad

Google analytics says me that i had about 4 964 unique users from 117 countries.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:01:39 AM

Hi,

could you explain me what different between "Impressions" and "Unique impressions"?

On your statistic, 9 aug, my page had 50 000 impressions a day and 6 unique impressions. Sad

Google analytics says me that i had about 4 964 unique users from 117 countries.

Impressions is page loads, unique impressions is unique visitors counted and used to increase your balance. In general the unique visitors is lower, only unique visitors are counted. If a visitor is using a webproxy or TOR/VPN it is not counted. Also it depends on the country of residence of the visitor.  If you have a page with 200 visitors, it may count only say 70-80.  I guess a lot of traffic on your site is using proxy

mnsx

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:04:40 AM

Hi,

Impressions is page loads, unique impressions is unique visitors counted and used to increase your balance. In general the unique visitors is lower, only unique visitors are counted. If a visitor is using a webproxy or TOR/VPN it is not counted. Also it depends on the country of residence of the visitor.  If you have a page with 200 visitors, it may count only say 70-80.  I guess a lot of traffic on your site is using proxy

Sad

Thanks for the explanation!

Another question: I have few your banners on my page and they have different count of "unique impressions". What does it depend?
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:57:05 PM

Thanks for your questions. I recently published a blog post that answers them: http://blog.anonymousads.com/2014/08/why-am-i-not-paid-for-clicks-what-is.html

bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:07:29 PM

Thanks for your questions. I recently published a blog post that answers them: http://blog.anonymousads.com/2014/08/why-am-i-not-paid-for-clicks-what-is.html
What about rewards? how to get a reward?

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:13:58 PM

What about rewards? how to get a reward?

Attract an advertiser with your referral link. It is embedded into ad unit HTML code, but you can use it separately as well if you want.

mnsx

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:51:31 AM

Thanks for the article. Now it is much easier to understand Smiley
Trikon

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:49:40 PM

What about malware? Yes, it's a problem, and currently not worth using while the malvertisements are not filtered/prevented.

I recently had my entire domain blocked from Google/Firefox etc with the large red malware warning. I thought it was Yahoo's ad network (given they've had some public problems recently), but it appears it was not them in this case.

Because malvertisements will essentially kill your site and traffic, it so not worth it to risk everything on a network that cannot police it's advertisers.

In an effort to recover, I reluctantly went back to using DFP for one very special reason - they filter and check ad code for malvertisements. With all ad networks now running through DFP, I discovered who the culprit was. And currently, my A-Ads ad code is still blocked for malvertisements. (3+ days now) If you care about your traffic, you should make sure your ad code is filtered also. I wish I had been using DFP previously and I would not have lost 3 days of traffic and the ding from Google SERPS.

That being said, I realize this case may be a little different given this networks's method and mission, but anonymous or not, if a network is serving malvertisements, then it is worthless, or actually, worse than worthless. Unfortunately, I don't know how this network can adequately police the ads without full contact and a relationship with the advertisers. Maybe he/it can - hopefully. Although if Yahoo can't stop it, I wonder if one with less resources even has a chance (Yahoo's possible complicity with the malvertisements notwithstanding)

I like A-Ads, and hope something can be done about this situation. Or, if anybody has suggestions to prevent it, I'd appreciated they let the owner know. And inform this forum as to the status of the viability of this ad network for legitimate publishers.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:22:54 AM

What about malware? Yes, it's a problem, and currently not worth using while the malvertisements are not filtered/prevented.

I recently had my entire domain blocked from Google/Firefox etc with the large red malware warning. I thought it was Yahoo's ad network (given they've had some public problems recently), but it appears it was not them in this case.

Because malvertisements will essentially kill your site and traffic, it so not worth it to risk everything on a network that cannot police it's advertisers.

In an effort to recover, I reluctantly went back to using DFP for one very special reason - they filter and check ad code for malvertisements. With all ad networks now running through DFP, I discovered who the culprit was. And currently, my A-Ads ad code is still blocked for malvertisements. (3+ days now) If you care about your traffic, you should make sure your ad code is filtered also. I wish I had been using DFP previously and I would not have lost 3 days of traffic and the ding from Google SERPS.

That being said, I realize this case may be a little different given this networks's method and mission, but anonymous or not, if a network is serving malvertisements, then it is worthless, or actually, worse than worthless. Unfortunately, I don't know how this network can adequately police the ads without full contact and a relationship with the advertisers. Maybe he/it can - hopefully. Although if Yahoo can't stop it, I wonder if one with less resources even has a chance (Yahoo's possible complicity with the malvertisements notwithstanding)

I like A-Ads, and hope something can be done about this situation. Or, if anybody has suggestions to prevent it, I'd appreciated they let the owner know. And inform this forum as to the status of the viability of this ad network for legitimate publishers.

Thanks for your feedback. We check the ads before allowing them to be displayed on the publishers' sites. We can't be 100% sure though that advertisers' sites are safe since we don't have control over their sites. If you are aware of any malicious advertisers, please let us know. The full list of active advertisers is here: https://a-ads.com/campaigns

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:17:45 PM

any chance for an interstitial-link tool (esp. for twitter) coinurl-like?
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:56:11 PM

any chance for an interstitial-link tool (esp. for twitter) coinurl-like?

That would be too bad from advertiser's angle. a-ads is like adsense. Interstitial ads provide very low quality traffic.

Trikon

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:18:25 PM

Nine days later, and DFP (Google is still blocking A-Ads for malvertisements). See notice:

Our system has disabled this creative because it detected suspicious malware-related activity, which may include viruses, trojans, suspicious URLs, and/or fake .gif or .swf (Flash) files found to contain malicious code. You will not be able to re-enable this creative until it is automatically cleared by our system. Please follow up with the third party that supplied you with the infected creative. Once the creative is found to be clean, we will send you another email letting you know that you can safely re-enable the creative. For more information visit http://www.anti-malvertising.com/.

Checking ads once, upon placement does nothing to filter malware if the ads have javascript, Flash or iframes.

As owner/manager of A-Ads, I think you are being a bit cavalier about this issue. Google, and others, will block (or warn rather, with a huge red pre-entry page that this domain is full of malware - you've all seen them) your ENTIRE domain when it catches these ads being displayed - they did it to me and I lost approximately 3 days of traffic. And don't forget DFP (Doubleclick for Publishers) IS Google - their data is shared with all Google properties.

This also has nothing to do with the destination URL of the ad, of course you can't control that. This is malware IN the ads themselves coming from your network, and harming the publisher's site reputation.

You should be reaching out to DFP, Google el al, and working on this problem as most other ad networks have discovered they must do. At his point, YOUR entire ad network/domain (A-Ads) is starting to populate lists of known malware providers/distributors.

Okay, at this point, you can tell me to just not use A-Ads. Sure, but where does that leave your business in the near future? A business, I've said before, I like and want to contribute traffic. You've got to get a handle on this and take it seriously.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:00:58 PM

Nine days later, and DFP (Google is still blocking A-Ads for malvertisements). See notice:

Our system has disabled this creative because it detected suspicious malware-related activity, which may include viruses, trojans, suspicious URLs, and/or fake .gif or .swf (Flash) files found to contain malicious code. You will not be able to re-enable this creative until it is automatically cleared by our system. Please follow up with the third party that supplied you with the infected creative. Once the creative is found to be clean, we will send you another email letting you know that you can safely re-enable the creative. For more information visit http://www.anti-malvertising.com/.

Checking ads once, upon placement does nothing to filter malware if the ads have javascript, Flash or iframes.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate that you made an effort to notify us.

But we don't use javascript, nor swf or pdf. All our ads are plain HTML with optional jpg, png or gif of appropriate size. They are trivial, everybody can check it. Is it even possible to embed malware in them?

Please let me know your ad unit id, I will check which ads are shown on your site. Or you can check it yourself too. All our ads are public.

Go to https://a-ads.com/ad_units/%/campaigns  (replace % with your ad unit id) and see which ads are shown on your site. Do you believe any of them is infected?

You can open https://ad.a-ads.com/% (replace % with your ad unit id) and see the ad that is included in your page. Refresh it as many times as you like. If you ever meet any javascript or malicious code there - please let me know. This is theoretically possible (e. g. our rotation server is hacked), but highly unlikely to my mind.

We publish our ads on our own site and I never saw any browser warning regarding it. I used various tools to check it, nothing found:

https://www.stopbadware.org/clearinghouse/search?url=a-ads.com -- no malware
http://wepawet.cs.ucsb.edu/domain.php?hash=c10009a6a574c4014ea3a123a338e0c0&type=js -- no malware
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=https://a-ads.com -- no malware

With all the respect and gratitude for your feedback...  I think there is a mistake somewhere.

Trikon

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:35:22 PM

Very interesting. Thank you for your reply.

It would seem that you certainly do not provide a malicious advertiser much room to do bad stuff if you only provide a jpg, png or gif.

Although DFP warned of GIFs in it's message - I wonder if they can harbor malicious code? --> I see that Symantec has documented a JAR file with a gif extension as one issue ( http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/malvertising-and-dynamic-dns-never-ending-story ) So, I guess GIFs could, possibly, do some bad stuff. But it'd have to get past your ad creation system, which seems to check for file image validity.

I'm not sure what to think here. I'm not above thinking Google over-zealously is poisoning your ad network because, well, you're not Adwords and, they can.

Regardless, I suppose an email from you (and maybe a test account to see it for yourself) to DFP would be a good idea asking them "why are they blocking/maligning your ad network?"

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:57:12 PM

Very interesting. Thank you for your reply.

It would seem that you certainly do not provide a malicious advertiser much room to do bad stuff if you only provide a jpg, png or gif.

Although DFP warned of GIFs in it's message - I wonder if they can harbor malicious code? --> I see that Symantec has documented a JAR file with a gif extension as one issue ( http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/malvertising-and-dynamic-dns-never-ending-story ) So, I guess GIFs could, possibly, do some bad stuff. But it'd have to get past your ad creation system, which seems to check for file image validity.

I'm not sure what to think here. I'm not above thinking Google over-zealously is poisoning your ad network because, well, you're not Adwords and, they can.

Regardless, I suppose an email from you (and maybe a test account to see it for yourself) to DFP would be a good idea asking them "why are they blocking/maligning your ad network?"

If we suspect that some malware could somehow pass our filters, we can check every single ad that is active for your ad unit. We have about 50 active campaigns now, perhaps not all of them advertise on your site. If you don't want to share your ad unit id, you can just give me a list of active campaigns and your ad unit dimensions (you can do it in private as well).

I could shoot a message to DFP, but I need to understand what happened. How did you get this notification from them? What creative are they talking about? Perhaps it is just a general template message they send to everybody and the real problem is not the creative, but a "suspicious malware-related activity"... E. g. some bots (run on infected machines) are clicking the ads on your site or something of the kind?

Is the problem related to our network or to your site only?

We have thousands of sites in our database, are there other publishers who use a-ads and DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers) at the same time? If so, I'd like to hear from them about their experience. (made it bold so that they notice it)

antiycda

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 04:21:59 PM

Earnings Drops so quickly. like we are in the Roller coaster Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: