Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 70463 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:51:11 PM

Bitcoin is here to stay. Many altcoins will die but never Bitcoin. There is too much money behind it now. If anything happens it will be fixed. Simple as that.
Yes, I think it's already too big to die.

Too big to fail like PanAm Airlines? Founded in 1927, the airline was a part of world culture for the better part of the 20th century. It led the industry in international flights and luxury travel. It was also the first airline to make widespread use of jumbo jets, and the first to use an air staff of stewardesses as a PR focal point. Little girls grew up wanting to be PanAm stewardesses, and boys grew up wanting to pilot one of the fleet. Heck, the Beatles arrived to America on one. It carried 6.7 million passengers a week by 1970. It's jets flew to 86 countries on every continent except for Antarctica over a scheduled route network of 81,410 unduplicated miles. It's cabin staff were multilingual college graduates, hired from around the world, frequently with nursing training. At its peak the airline made, in today's dollars, $24 billion a year and had nearly 300,000 employees worldwide (more employees than the daily number of Bitcoin transactions worldwide). Their dead and gone.

Too big to fail like Washington Mutual? WaMu was America’s largest Savings and Loan association, the sixth largest bank in the U.S., and the largest bank failure in history. Let that sink in for a minute. After a 10-day run on the bank in late September 2008, with total withdrawals in excess of $16 billion USD–almost 10% of the deposits–the FDIC seized WaMu’s assets. In total, they lost $307 billion dollars in assets (30 times larger than the market cap of Bitcoin).

If all holders of Bitcoin for some unexpected reason decided to make a "bank run" against Bitcoin it wouldn't take the 10 days it took WaMu to fail, a few hours maybe.

The difference is I see bitcoin as an idea. An idea too big to fail. Bitcoin would be the idea of airline businesses rather than any one specific airline business that could fail. If holders were to for some reason sell all of their coins, people like me would just buy them up at a ridiculous discount like we did after the 2013 crash.

The idea doesn't need to fail, it just needs to be improved upon or changed to make people leave Bitcoin. If a new revolutionary financial product came along that improved on what Bitcoin is about to people, there would be a run to sell. When the mining reward drops to nearly nothing and the potential to make money "out of thin air" stops, people might run to sell. If speculators and forex traders find a new toy to play with Bitcoin is toast.

Nothing is too big to fail.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:59:50 PM

Bitcoin is here to stay. Many altcoins will die but never Bitcoin. There is too much money behind it now. If anything happens it will be fixed. Simple as that.

Too big to fail like PanAm Airlines? Founded in 1927, the airline was a part of world culture for the better part of the 20th century. It led the industry in international flights and luxury travel. It was also the first airline to make widespread use of jumbo jets, and the first to use an air staff of stewardesses as a PR focal point. Little girls grew up wanting to be PanAm stewardesses, and boys grew up wanting to pilot one of the fleet. Heck, the Beatles arrived to America on one. It carried 6.7 million passengers a week by 1970. It's jets flew to 86 countries on every continent except for Antarctica over a scheduled route network of 81,410 unduplicated miles. It's cabin staff were multilingual college graduates, hired from around the world, frequently with nursing training. At its peak the airline made, in today's dollars, $24 billion a year and had nearly 300,000 employees worldwide (more employees than the daily number of Bitcoin transactions worldwide). Their dead and gone.

Too big to fail like Washington Mutual? WaMu was America’s largest Savings and Loan association, the sixth largest bank in the U.S., and the largest bank failure in history. Let that sink in for a minute. After a 10-day run on the bank in late September 2008, with total withdrawals in excess of $16 billion USD–almost 10% of the deposits–the FDIC seized WaMu’s assets. In total, they lost $307 billion dollars in assets (30 times larger than the market cap of Bitcoin).

If all holders of Bitcoin for some unexpected reason decided to make a "bank run" against Bitcoin it wouldn't take the 10 days it took WaMu to fail, a few hours maybe.

The difference is I see bitcoin as an idea. An idea too big to fail. Bitcoin would be the idea of airline businesses rather than any one specific airline business that could fail. If holders were to for some reason sell all of their coins, people like me would just buy them up at a ridiculous discount like we did after the 2013 crash.

The idea doesn't need to fail, it just needs to be improved upon or changed to make people leave Bitcoin. If a new revolutionary financial product came along that improved on what Bitcoin is about to people, there would be a run to sell. When the mining reward drops to nearly nothing and the potential to make money "out of thin air" stops, people might run to sell. If speculators and forex traders find a new toy to play with Bitcoin is toast.

That's true I suppose. If a new revolutionary financial product came along that was better than bitcoin, people wouldn't use bitcoin. Much the same as how airplanes were revolutionary but if some new revolutionary mode of transportation were to arise, people would use that.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:07:12 PM

That's true I suppose. If a new revolutionary financial product came along that was better than bitcoin, people wouldn't use bitcoin. Much the same as how airplanes were revolutionary but if some new revolutionary mode of transportation were to arise, people would use that.

Exactly, it's dangerous for people to see Bitcoin as something that's too big to fail because it's still experimental and in beta. People should only invest what they are comfortable losing. There's no federal depositors insurance corp (FDIC) to save you with Bitcoin. When your money's gone, it's gone and no one will give it back.

flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:23:07 PM

Exactly, it's dangerous for people to see Bitcoin as something that's too big to fail because it's still experimental and in beta. People should only invest what they are comfortable losing. There's no federal depositors insurance corp (FDIC) to save you with Bitcoin. When your money's gone, it's gone and no one will give it back.
Everything has it's own risk. That's why shouldn't ppl invest more than they can afford to lose. If you just ignore the risk, well... you really can't blame Bitcoin, or anything you've invested in...
Winter1986

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:11:31 PM

About bitcoin's death I do not even want to talk, because such issues do not arise just as well on request. Of course there are people that are going through and therefore to ask, but there are those who want the excitement to cryptocurrency market.
lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:52:15 AM

Everything has it's own risk. That's why shouldn't ppl invest more than they can afford to lose. If you just ignore the risk, well... you really can't blame Bitcoin, or anything you've invested in...
To risk investing in bitcoin is today is the best that can offer the market. Perhaps more bitcoin indicators change, but now projected stability and good growth cryptocurrency.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Sato$hi

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 05:27:59 AM

bitcoin die when internet offline automatically in the world , Grin
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:52:06 AM

Bitcoins are not going to die while there are some people supporting and using bitcoin transactions. I think it's impossible that bitcoins will be gone especially now bitcoins become popular.

wutard

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:17:46 PM

Bitcoins are not going to die while there are some people supporting and using bitcoin transactions. I think it's impossible that bitcoins will be gone especially now bitcoins become popular.
Recently, the users themselves are doing all that is possible, to make bitcoin popular. With this motion, I think it is not worth even the hope that bitcoin will die. If we ourselves will offer bitcoin as a payment for the goods, the owners also realize the benefits bitcoin.
onelove2111

Activity: 254

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:54:45 PM

We are seeing a very positive price movement in the late last year, and this trend will persist. The main thing that was not artificial regulation of bitcoin prices, and it will cause a lot of bad reactions.
Sierra82fit

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:21:08 PM

bitcoin die when internet offline automatically in the world , Grin
It is because of the fact that everything will work through the Internet, will be at an altitude of bitcoin and its development is very positive. Only thanks to the digital technology world with bitcoin will be completely autonomous.
ananas99

Activity: 632

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:50:10 PM

According to statement of experts in this area, it became clear that the real currency will soon lose interest and the people, and after a few years, people will switch to digital currency. So I think that bitcoin is very good prospects in the future.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:48:52 PM

According to statement of experts in this area, it became clear that the real currency will soon lose interest and the people, and after a few years, people will switch to digital currency. So I think that bitcoin is very good prospects in the future.

I can't think of many reasons that we should still manufacture paper dollars and metal coins. We're living in a new day and age, it's all digital!
Spoderman

Activity: 122

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:47:22 PM

I can't think of many reasons that we should still manufacture paper dollars and metal coins. We're living in a new day and age, it's all digital!

I like my anonymity when I'm buying certain things.

Just think of all those married men who's wives look through their visa/mc/amex purchases. Cash is really the only anonymous currency we currently have. No one accepts alt coins. Not yet anyways..

ldreligion

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:50:37 AM

Bitcoin will not die, how could die, his future will be promising, but the short-term is not good. The depth of the Chinese central bank intervention in the depth of the bitcoin market, will greatly change the bitcoin ecosystem, but it is also an opportunity to see how we grasp the.
yueno

Activity: 266

Yueno

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:06:14 AM

The mining is becoming too expensive and none profitable. I think that will bring uᴉoɔʇᴉq to an end. Another problems is that there is only a few miners left controlled by a few making them controlling moondollars. It's no longer the currency of the people but a currency of the few rich companies that runs the show.....but for how long can the continue?

I have been looking at Rimbit  instead since it is premined and therefore don't need the middleman with the expensive hardware for transaction validation. Instead the validation is done by the wallet's running on peoples computers. As I see it it's a currency for the people and it will stay that way. Sadly it's still fairly unknown.

Time will show how long moondollars survive but my guess is not more than 3 years......please challenge that statement with serious arguments.

I guess bitcoin will last forever but it will be rare just like gold. Time by time bitcoin price will be increase because it is like natural resources. It will be mine just gold but in computer.
Liad.Services

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:44:53 PM

Well, I could understand.

At some places at the world, it's a pretty problem to gain an access to the internet, and it would be a nightmare trying.

So staying with metal coins and paper money, as you said, is the best solution, unless we are going to find a method to make online transfers while being offline(basically, without having an internet access , sounds pretty crazy, right Cheesy?).

Anyway if we could get to a solution at this subject we would probably solve the whole problem, and cryptocurrencies are going to be the main currency that rules over the world.
praboso96

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 07:13:48 PM

Well, I could understand.

At some places at the world, it's a pretty problem to gain an access to the internet, and it would be a nightmare trying.

So staying with metal coins and paper money, as you said, is the best solution, unless we are going to find a method to make online transfers while being offline(basically, without having an internet access , sounds pretty crazy, right Cheesy?).

Anyway if we could get to a solution at this subject we would probably solve the whole problem, and cryptocurrencies are going to be the main currency that rules over the world.

I think i reed somewhere that there is way to transfer Bitcoin offline , but im not sure . And as far as internet , well one day will all be wireless , so i guess there will be satelits for internet where you can connect no matter where you are on planet ...

I agree with you. Modern technology is not standing still. Continuous development of this sector will provide an easy to use Bitcoin on the planet
tripplewarz

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:11:00 PM

In the words of my grandfather, it is not necessary to bury prematurely that virtually forever. So I had these words applied to bitcoin. This is exactly the right expression to the question posed.
kwuccduck

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:50:35 PM

If many experts from the world of finance believe that in the near future digital currency takes first place among all the currencies in the world, it says that bitcoin will be among the winners. I do not think that will be a problem especially in the near future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: