Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:31:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473059 times)
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 10:58:52 PM

https://ionomy.slack.com/files/broyhill/F4MN9VBV5/screen_shot_2017-03-18_at_10.00.41_pm.png
Ionomy MasterNode Hosting has arrived!!!

@CryptoBuds You can use IONs or BTC to pay for this service...

Yes! Make the coin more centralized. Take my bitcoins to control my money. ION is getting further and further away from the crypto ideology and closer and closer to how the banks function today. The reason crypto was created.

Still the only thing you can do with this ION token is buy masternode hosting. Such innovative, many utility.

Sorry you can't see past your nose... as this is a new service that utilizes IONs... IONs are growing...

ANYONE CAN HAVE a HOSTED MASTERNODE!!!

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:16:50 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 04:59:03 AM by suchmoon

Who needs masternodes when the game is MOONING!!!#@$#@!

I think the review farm is done for the day. I love the one that says "get it before it's gone". Maybe they know something we don't? Grin

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image

Excuse my blurry "photoshop", right-click on the image and choose "view image" or "open image in new tag" or whatever your browser offers for full size.

Funny thing is happening with iTunes reviews. Not a single one since March 12.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:24:47 PM

What's the point of ION other than a gaming currency? With its limited games at the moment, isn't it easily replaceable?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:39:45 PM

What's the point of ION other than a gaming currency? With its limited games at the moment, isn't it easily replaceable?

They already completely replaced it once. This is ION version 2.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:52:05 PM

https://ionomy.slack.com/files/broyhill/F4MN9VBV5/screen_shot_2017-03-18_at_10.00.41_pm.png

Yes! Make the coin more centralized. Take my bitcoins to control my money. ION is getting further and further away from the crypto ideology and closer and closer to how the banks function today. The reason crypto was created.

Still the only thing you can do with this ION token is buy masternode hosting. Such innovative, many utility.

Sorry you can't see past your nose... as this is a new service that utilizes IONs... IONs are growing...

I have no problems seeing past my nose, I'm not a heavily invested whale in a horribly run project such as yourself.

Please explain how accepting ION for masternode hosting is even remotely innovative in any way.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:28:20 AM

I have no problems seeing past my nose, I'm not a heavily invested whale in a horribly run project such as yourself.

Please explain how accepting ION for masternode hosting is even remotely innovative in any way.

The innovation is they now accept their own coin

The question is, do they accept it for their stakes and staker skins? And everything else that Ionomy sells? Or just baby steps? They don't want to crash the price too much when they trade in the ION for BTC. ION is pretty useless to them unless they want to buy masternode hosting off themselves...

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 01:51:35 AM

The innovation is they now accept their own coin

Hey, slow down, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the innovation of giving up your private keys in exchange for a PNG. How come Satoshi didn't think of that.

I can't wait for the next innovation. Maybe they could invent a piece of paper that has a value equal to the number written on it. And the ability to print as many of those as desired. This should solve the problem of not enough money.
Rick_James

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:03:41 AM

(waffle about screenshots and phones)

Mate, look. Harping on about this screenshot nonsense isn't getting you anywhere. Such arguably wasn't trying to deceive -- it doesn't say anywhere on the original post 'here's a screenshot from my phone', and besides, Such has subsequently posted a picture of the exact same problem occurring on a phone anyway. Could it have been clearer initially that the screenshots were from an emulator? Sure. I'm sure even Suchmoon would concede that. But it's not some grand conspiracy.

I can understand you trying to shift the focus of the discussion away from criticism of something you're invested heavily in -- I'm sure it's uncomfortable for you, especially when it seems that even by the teams own target it's underperforming. However, constantly trying to reframe the discussion in the way you are does nothing for your position. If you can defend your investment and address the criticisms, for example the obvious use of what would appear to be fake reviews (whether purchased by the team or by someone else within the ionomy community), with something other than hand waving, I'd be more than willing to listen.

Perhaps you could share with us your honest opinion of the first two weeks of the game being released. Is the number of downloads and general reception in line with what you would expect to see from a game that you have obviously enjoyed playing? Are you surprised that there doesn't appear to be many taking part in the leaderboard competition so far, despite this being one of the ionomy project's unique features? Does the level of marketing match your expectations for something that forms the bedrock of the ionomy?

I look forward to a response that hopefully doesn't contain the words 'deception', 'photos' or 'phone'.

Somebody finally looking for a real conversation. Honest opinion,no it fell a little short of what I personally expected. Most do not understand how the whole system(atoms,electrons and even ion) work. Combine that with not as big of a marketing push as I anticipated would happen and I think it just has not taken off yet. The game is hard to get enough ammo and lives to compete plus the ads were not working so you couldnt watch any at all. I believe they are going to adjust the number of lives and electrons you will get for watching ads (more) so that should give even users that watch ads a chance to compete. Atleast with the game out the team can keep building on it and making it better. Not every game starts out the greatest new thing. I have no doubt will keep getting better and I dont see many other CRYPTO games on the app store so not sure why so much hate for this one? (not that its suprising as even if the game would have been number 1 on the download list it would still be garbage according to a few members here.)

Thank you for giving an honest reply. Simple follow up because I don't have time right now to write much else: given Team XPY/XPY.io/Team Ionomy's track record of delivering stable but small scale niche products, but lack of success to date in scaling up ventures at pace with appropriate feature sets to appeal to wider audiences, what makes you believe they can turn gravity (or indeed any other game) into a wide reaching success? What about this team demonstrates to you that they can cut it in what is an extremely competitive arena?

Maybe they can maybe they can't? we all take the same chance even buying btc everyday. You think large holders don't have a certain control over it? You think we couldn't wake up tomorrow and it be worthless? Any coin out there for that matter. Yea the team is not setting any blazing records, they also do not have near the size (devs,marketing so on) funds or time to establish that most teams have they get compared to. What I do know is they have had every aspect of what they have done picked apart by members here and keep going. Everybody measures success different so what's a success to me is not to somebody else as we have seen with gravity. I chose to give them a chance knowing Huey has a backround in the gaming industry and the team has built what they did with the small amount of money and small team they have. I think if they do build it out to where they want it to and it all functions on its own on the chain I believe it could end up being a lot larger than it is.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 04:13:54 AM

Maybe they can maybe they can't? we all take the same chance even buying btc everyday. You think large holders don't have a certain control over it? You think we couldn't wake up tomorrow and it be worthless? Any coin out there for that matter. Yea the team is not setting any blazing records, they also do not have near the size (devs,marketing so on) funds or time to establish that most teams have they get compared to. What I do know is they have had every aspect of what they have done picked apart by members here and keep going. Everybody measures success different so what's a success to me is not to somebody else as we have seen with gravity. I chose to give them a chance knowing Huey has a backround in the gaming industry and the team has built what they did with the small amount of money and small team they have. I think if they do build it out to where they want it to and it all functions on its own on the chain I believe it could end up being a lot larger than it is.

False equivalency. BTC for all its faults and looming forks is nowhere near the catastrophe that is this 100%-premined centralized coin. I get that your argument seems to lean towards "high risk high reward" but at some point you have to realize there is no reward. The flagship game 1 year in the making is being propped up by fake reviews. There isn't a horde of new bagholders willing to take your bags.

It's the same basic argument that we had 1 year ago and 2 years ago. If the "team" was capable of a miraculous resurrection of a dead coin (XPY) why not start a new one without the baggage? Ok, it turned out they're not capable but it took them a year to realize that AND they did start a new one when the plan collapsed. If the "team" is now all about gaming why invent a bicycle and not use one of the existing coins? Or if the "team" is all about crypto integration why not partner with existing games?

I have a feeling we'll see another "oops" and a pivot to something else. Ability - or lack thereof - to recognize their own limitations is the killer here. I'm sure given enough time a monkey could produce Hamlet but the rest of the world is not going to wait. If whatever the "team" is trying to do is worth doing - someone more capable will do it sooner.

Most likely though it's a solution in search of a problem. Last 2-3 years have shown an overwhelming lack of demand for the convoluted PNG schemes, except for a brief moment when it ran in full ponzi mode. Not sure what makes you and some others think that a fresh coat of paint can make it viable.

The "on the chain" thing isn't happening, they don't have crypto developers other than an occasional freelancing kid. They seem to have a web (PNG) dev and looks like half a game dev. No QA or PM though. If lack of size/resources is a problem then it's not going to fix itself. Gravity doesn't seem to be bringing cash in. Another round of crowdfunding?

This whole thing is probably some kinky S&M shit, maybe that's why I don't get it.
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:44:54 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 06:52:46 AM by altheshort

Mate, look. Harping on about this screenshot nonsense isn't getting you anywhere. Such arguably wasn't trying to deceive -- it doesn't say anywhere on the original post 'here's a screenshot from my phone', and besides, Such has subsequently posted a picture of the exact same problem occurring on a phone anyway. Could it have been clearer initially that the screenshots were from an emulator? Sure. I'm sure even Suchmoon would concede that. But it's not some grand conspiracy.

I can understand you trying to shift the focus of the discussion away from criticism of something you're invested heavily in -- I'm sure it's uncomfortable for you, especially when it seems that even by the teams own target it's underperforming. However, constantly trying to reframe the discussion in the way you are does nothing for your position. If you can defend your investment and address the criticisms, for example the obvious use of what would appear to be fake reviews (whether purchased by the team or by someone else within the ionomy community), with something other than hand waving, I'd be more than willing to listen.

Perhaps you could share with us your honest opinion of the first two weeks of the game being released. Is the number of downloads and general reception in line with what you would expect to see from a game that you have obviously enjoyed playing? Are you surprised that there doesn't appear to be many taking part in the leaderboard competition so far, despite this being one of the ionomy project's unique features? Does the level of marketing match your expectations for something that forms the bedrock of the ionomy?

I look forward to a response that hopefully doesn't contain the words 'deception', 'photos' or 'phone'.

Somebody finally looking for a real conversation. Honest opinion,no it fell a little short of what I personally expected. Most do not understand how the whole system(atoms,electrons and even ion) work. Combine that with not as big of a marketing push as I anticipated would happen and I think it just has not taken off yet. The game is hard to get enough ammo and lives to compete plus the ads were not working so you couldnt watch any at all. I believe they are going to adjust the number of lives and electrons you will get for watching ads (more) so that should give even users that watch ads a chance to compete. Atleast with the game out the team can keep building on it and making it better. Not every game starts out the greatest new thing. I have no doubt will keep getting better and I dont see many other CRYPTO games on the app store so not sure why so much hate for this one? (not that its suprising as even if the game would have been number 1 on the download list it would still be garbage according to a few members here.)

Thank you for giving an honest reply. Simple follow up because I don't have time right now to write much else: given Team XPY/XPY.io/Team Ionomy's track record of delivering stable but small scale niche products, but lack of success to date in scaling up ventures at pace with appropriate feature sets to appeal to wider audiences, what makes you believe they can turn gravity (or indeed any other game) into a wide reaching success? What about this team demonstrates to you that they can cut it in what is an extremely competitive arena?

Again, thanks for the reply. I agree with most of what suchmoon said in response. I am, however, interested to hear more about Huey's gaming industry background. I've heard talk of it but I've never actually seen any evidence for it -- even his linkedin account doesn't list any experience beyond running a game server a while ago. I'm not looking to bash here, I'm genuinely interested because every time I've asked before no one has been able to answer.

I'm sure I won't change your opinion either way, but as I've said before, I'd be concerned if I was a whale by now. There simply isn't much interest in this project; the very fact that they've had to manage on a smaller budget is a function of the fact that the concept doesn't appear to be appealing enough for many investors (even alt coin investors, who generally aren't exactly picky) to put money in to, surely? Now the game is out, we can see that there is still almost no 'buzz' around it despite there now being a tangible product that people can try. I think that speaks volumes, particularly when the game took so long to perfect behind the scenes and was so delayed. Add to this the fact that the team seems to continually over estimate both their ability to deliver (how many target release dates came and went for Gravity?) and the potential of their products, and I think this is only headed in one direction, sadly.

Thank you once again for bothering to engage in a conversation. I also note with interest that Korvas is conspicuous by his absence.

Rick_James

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:50:44 PM

False equivalency. BTC for all its faults and looming forks is nowhere near the catastrophe that is this 100%-premined centralized coin. I get that your argument seems to lean towards "high risk high reward" but at some point you have to realize there is no reward. The flagship game 1 year in the making is being propped up by fake reviews. There isn't a horde of new bagholders willing to take your bags.

It's the same basic argument that we had 1 year ago and 2 years ago. If the "team" was capable of a miraculous resurrection of a dead coin (XPY) why not start a new one without the baggage? Ok, it turned out they're not capable but it took them a year to realize that AND they did start a new one when the plan collapsed. If the "team" is now all about gaming why invent a bicycle and not use one of the existing coins? Or if the "team" is all about crypto integration why not partner with existing games?

I have a feeling we'll see another "oops" and a pivot to something else. Ability - or lack thereof - to recognize their own limitations is the killer here. I'm sure given enough time a monkey could produce Hamlet but the rest of the world is not going to wait. If whatever the "team" is trying to do is worth doing - someone more capable will do it sooner.

Most likely though it's a solution in search of a problem. Last 2-3 years have shown an overwhelming lack of demand for the convoluted PNG schemes, except for a brief moment when it ran in full ponzi mode. Not sure what makes you and some others think that a fresh coat of paint can make it viable.

The "on the chain" thing isn't happening, they don't have crypto developers other than an occasional freelancing kid. They seem to have a web (PNG) dev and looks like half a game dev. No QA or PM though. If lack of size/resources is a problem then it's not going to fix itself. Gravity doesn't seem to be bringing cash in. Another round of crowdfunding?

This whole thing is probably some kinky S&M shit, maybe that's why I don't get it.

You could very well end up right. Maybe they bit off more than they could chew by trying to much with little resources. Im ok with giving them a chance and if it does not work ill tell you you were right. Im also sure of the fact that if they do set a pace thats to slow they will get left behind and somebody else will take the idea and run with it first. So we agree there. I like proof of stake system and masternodes with the choice of privacy,and I also like the gaming side of it also so thats why I choose to stick around and and see what else they do.
LOL Well maybe my understanding is flawed if thats the case.  Grin
Rick_James

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:11:10 PM

Again, thanks for the reply. I agree with most of what suchmoon said in response. I am, however, interested to hear more about Huey's gaming industry background. I've heard talk of it but I've never actually seen any evidence for it -- even his linkedin account doesn't list any experience beyond running a game server a while ago. I'm not looking to bash here, I'm genuinely interested because every time I've asked before no one has been able to answer.

I'm sure I won't change you're opinion either way, but as I've said before, I'd be concerned if I was a whale by now. There simply isn't much interest in this project; the very fact that they've had to manage on a smaller budget is a function of the fact that the concept doesn't appear to be appealing enough for many investors (even alt coin investors, who generally aren't exactly picky) to put money in to, surely? Now the game is out, we can see that there is still almost no 'buzz' around it despite there now being a tangible product that people can try. I think that speaks volumes, particularly when the game took so long to perfect behind the scenes and was so delayed. Add to this the fact that the team seems to continually over estimate both their ability to deliver (how many target release dates came and went for Gravity?) and the potential of their products, and I think this is only headed in one direction, sadly.

Thank you once again for bothering to engage in a conversation. I also note with interest that Korvas is conspicuous by his absence.

Ill leave him answer that as I pick up pieces of it from slack and talking to him. Thats best for him to explain which im sure asking him he would gladly answer you.(I would not want to get something wrong and look to be a liar)

I'm sure I won't change you're opinion either way, but as I've said before, I'd be concerned if I was a whale by now. There simply isn't much interest in this project; the very fact that they've had to manage on a smaller budget is a function of the fact that the concept doesn't appear to be appealing enough for many investors (even alt coin investors, who generally aren't exactly picky) to put money in to, surely? Now the game is out, we can see that there is still almost no 'buzz' around it despite there now being a tangible product that people can try. I think that speaks volumes, particularly when the game took so long to perfect behind the scenes and was so delayed. Add to this the fact that the team seems to continually over estimate both their ability to deliver (how many target release dates came and went for Gravity?) and the potential of their products, and I think this is only headed in one direction, sadly.

I wouldnt change my opinion at this moment no. I also respect yours and others opinions of it,not everybody has to like something. I agree with about everything you said here, it is a real observation and not sure why even with a game and another about to come out there is not more buzz? Im not a whale but I do hold a good bit of atoms, so naturally id like to see it succeed. I think if they can build it out to what they want it to be and do I believe it will and will help everybody. If it fails ill chalk it up and move on its simple really.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 03:27:53 PM

I agree with most of what suchmoon said in response.

I bet you don't agree with the S&M part.

Ok, here is another lame one - this is the crypto equivalent of me cleaning out my garage. Never going to happen even though I have the best intentions, a good plan, and I can probably make a shitload of money on eBay. The difference is that I'm not going door-to-door crowdsourcing my effort.

It's just mind-boggling how mundane things (some part-timer developing a mobile game in 2017) - that wouldn't be considered worthy of an investment IRL - suddenly become "hot" when crypto gets involved. Are we still under the spell of that Bitcoin pizza?

What makes a small business great is the PERSONAL RISK. If you have mortgaged your house and maxed out your credit cards to get it off the ground you better get it off the ground or you'll be quite miserable the next couple of decades. If you have other people's money - meh, let's get another round of funding and we'll try harder this time.

Maybe I should make Garage Coin.
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:58:28 PM

I'm still around just busy, when I get 30mins to 1 hour I'll rejoin the fray.... is there anything in particular you'd like me to comment on  Smiley

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:31:06 PM

What makes a small business great is the PERSONAL RISK. If you have mortgaged your house and maxed out your credit cards to get it off the ground you better get it off the ground or you'll be quite miserable the next couple of decades. If you have other people's money - meh, let's get another round of funding and we'll try harder this time.

This right here says it all. If they were building Ionomy with THEIR 350+ BTC I think things would be very different. As it stands now, if the project doesn't succeed they didn't lose anything. It's the people that believed in their vision that lose out.

The cryptosphere is a lot like kickstarter. Building your project with other people's money. At least with kickstarter they have to present a working prototype, not a fancy white paper with hope and dreams but no plan spelled out with detailed numbers and research.

WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 05:27:02 PM

Ok, here is another lame one - this is the crypto equivalent of me cleaning out my garage. Never going to happen even though I have the best intentions, a good plan, and I can probably make a shitload of money on eBay. The difference is that I'm not going door-to-door crowdsourcing my effort.

It's just mind-boggling how mundane things (some part-timer developing a mobile game in 2017) - that wouldn't be considered worthy of an investment IRL - suddenly become "hot" when crypto gets involved. Are we still under the spell of that Bitcoin pizza?

@suchmoon is now giving advice in spending your investment funds

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:46:44 PM

Suchmoon has done more to assist in the coin than an over spent whale such as yourself. Instead of trying to distort Suchmoon's words like you whale usually do, get back to shilling. You need to find more unsuspecting victims to hold your bags.

ThePointlessOne

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:48:09 PM

I wonder how many ionites cringe at your useless png posts and moronic rambles? I hope your replies aren't serious because I cannot tell anymore.

Do you have anything to say about all of the blatant fake reviews in the Apple store that clearly goes against the ToS? In the past, apps have been removed from the store using such tactics.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 06:05:47 PM

Well, you're lying there, not that it's any news TBH.

Perhaps you would like to get back on topic, for example - how do you think ionomy will fund itself going forward? Are you ready to put more money into it?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:14:12 PM

I wonder how many ionites cringe at your useless png posts and moronic rambles? I hope your replies aren't serious because I cannot tell anymore.

Do you have anything to say about all of the blatant fake reviews in the Apple store that clearly goes against the ToS? In the past, apps have been removed from the store using such tactics.

One Apple reviewer stated that this is the only game they could get working on their phone.

Try harder team Ionomy. You should probably get English speaking people to write the fake reviews for the US store. Many of the reviews are written in very broken English.

Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: