Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:53:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order  (Read 530804 times)
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:17:10 AM

Anyone knows some Antminer S9 Monitors ??
I had M miner Monitor with the S7 but it doesn't recognize the s9 Sad
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 10:12:30 AM

Yes please do get the picture:).  Be interested to see if it's the same board you sent in. Should be easy enough to tell for as shitty as these seem to be put together. Ie the heat sinks look like a kid put them on and if it's the case of human putting them on they will all be different. Please get the pic

BR

Edit it should be mandatory to open and inspect the miner prior to use. If the heat sinks aren't aligned properly you will have overheating but only on a few chips.  Those chips burn up and bitmain Doesn't have to honor warranty.  What a shit!

Where is the picture with high resolution and with a serial number and damage ?

Customer Service-Overseas Today at 11:11

Dear customer,

Sorry to keep you wait.
As you can see in the attachment, two heat sinks of the hash board dropped off, which lead to the PIN lost in circuits board. The hash board is likely to be hit in transit.
Our engineer have tried their best, but it is no use. It can not be repaired anymore.
We suggest you to make a claim to your logistics agent.

Please find our returning policy in the attachment.

Yours respectfully,
Quentin

View original size - Click on the picture
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 10:13:35 AM

My answer to Bitmain

You're lying.
I want proof that this is my hashchboard. High resolution image os whole haschboard, which also shows the serial number,
It is not possible, that whit  transport was off the radiator or radiator with chips.
Before packing tI carefully checked all  radiators on the on the side . All were tight.
With My package was not possible for them to become damaged during transport.

It possible that your  engineer making  injury during repair, or this is or it is not my blade. I want to warranty repair or replacement.

I have in my side  fulfilled all the terms of the warranty..

first I want new and better picture with serial to prove that it is  my haschboard.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 10:24:32 AM

Second Question of same category:

I have all my miners with a hosting company and work individually with my miners remotely through a vpn.  Is there a dashboard that I can view my critical information without having to remote onto each miner?

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 10:27:17 AM

Give em hell Tupsu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry

Be damned if I buy anything from Bitmain ever !!!!!!  Angry

Go with GPU mining guys,AMD & Nvidia don't sqabble & bitch about warranties  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:18:22 AM

I have all my miners with a hosting company and work individually with my miners remotely through a vpn.  Is there a dashboard that I can view my critical information without having to remote onto each miner?

See my signature. There is a free solution but it needs network access to the machines.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 12:05:18 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 01:14:44 PM by numnutz2009

Yeah, the rattling sound which comes from the boards being loosely attached almost made me shit my pants when I received my Ant S9 and carefully turned it around 360deg few times.  Tongue
It was kind of tricky to find out if there is any loose heat sinks before turning it on.
Luckily my unit turned out too be a good one, at least so far.
Sorry to hear about you guys' S9 problems though  Undecided

IKR!?!? i flip all my miners 360 degrees when i first get them or move them just in case a heat sink fell off on their way to me but the board kept throwing me off a bit. pushing the controller forward and putting a dab of hot glue at the 2 exposed corners holds the controller firmly in place and isnt messy and doesnt take a whole lot of work. it can also be undone with just about no effort on my part too. i just dont like the idea of a pcb bouncing around in a metal enclosure....it makes me cringe.
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:08:51 PM

Seems, Bitmain is getting worse and worse...
fusion0389

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:08:17 PM

Yeah, the rattling sound which comes from the boards being loosely attached almost made me shit my pants when I received my Ant S9 and carefully turned it around 360deg few times.  Tongue
It was kind of tricky to find out if there is any loose heat sinks before turning it on.
Luckily my unit turned out too be a good one, at least so far.
Sorry to hear about you guys' S9 problems though  Undecided

IKR!?!? i flip all my miners 360 degrees when i first get them or move them just in case a heat sink fell off on their way to me but the board kept throwing me off a bit. pushing the controller forward and putting a dab of hot glue at the 2 exposed corners holds the controller firmly in place and isnt messy and doesnt take a whole lot of work. it can also be undone with just about no effort on my part too. i just dont like the idea of a pcb bouncing around in a metal enclosure....it makes me cringe.

Agreed, it shouldn't be that hard for Bitmain to take out that slop nor should it really "cost" them any money. I'd like to see them tighten up QA, at the price they're asking, these things need to be bullet proof.
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 03:57:26 PM

I have all my miners with a hosting company and work individually with my miners remotely through a vpn.  Is there a dashboard that I can view my critical information without having to remote onto each miner?

I'm about to release a product for that, maybe a month and a half more of development. We have monitoring, auto soft and hard reset and other niceties like modem/router reset on bad internet etc. No need for direct access and we will release a cloud dashboard to boot.

Here's a screenshot, of a couple of small S5 farms, sorry for the spanish language, that's one of our supported languages and my interface is on that.

edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:22:27 PM

I have all my miners with a hosting company and work individually with my miners remotely through a vpn.  Is there a dashboard that I can view my critical information without having to remote onto each miner?

I'm about to release a product for that, maybe a month and a half more of development. We have monitoring, auto soft and hard reset and other niceties like modem/router reset on bad internet etc. No need for direct access and we will release a cloud dashboard to boot.

Here's a screenshot, of a couple of small S5 farms, sorry for the spanish language, that's one of our supported languages and my interface is on that.

Interesting. Does it also act as a proxy?

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:50:39 PM

I returned a I/O board that was faulty, Bitmain shipped my replacement two days after receiving the defective board. They have been really good to me on any warranty issue.
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:59:51 PM

I returned a I/O board that was faulty, Bitmain shipped my replacement two days after receiving the defective board. They have been really good to me on any warranty issue.

Presumably, this was not the S9. Here is waiting  weeks for not working S9 controller.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 07:41:43 PM

this could be interesting..
do you have a site or tweetter account to stay tuned?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
chudm

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:05:11 PM

I would rather they simply honored the warranty.  If it breaks in the first 90 days it gets replaced without a lot of rigamarole on their part.  Buying a miner and getting a 10% coupon on the next is worthless if the miner I bought only performs to 66% of spec.  There are a lot of tech companies that provide excellent and reliable warranties.  Bitmain could be one if they wanted to.

Yeah but the shipping back to China  at high cost is a killer along with no cross shipping.

It is not like an Intel CPU  which ships at low cost.  BTW  When I killed my Intel i5 6600k   I had two options cross ship at an extra cost of 25 usd  or send  it in and wait .  I went the cheap way and had a new CPU in 8 days.  If I cross shipped for 25 extra  I could wait to ship the dead one back  and would of had it in 2 days. I did not need it that fast so I saved the 25 extra cost.

I actually do not hate bitmaintech but they are a bit short on service if gear breaks down.   They need to adapt on this.  

Some reasons:

1) they are helping gpu miners with their short warranty
 2) break even on asic gear is not 60 to 120 days. So the 90 day warranty means your gear is almost certain to not roi under warranty  this helps gpu mining
 3) they are pretty well known for not honoring warranty   this helps gpu mining

Basically  here is my Eth setup  and I convert most coins to btc.  Bitmaintech has created demand for gpu mining.  Mostly over their warranty issues.
18 cards two 4 card rigs and five 2 card rigs.  Every piece has at least 1 year warranty or more.  Most have a 2 year warranty.

https://i.imgur.com/R72hWho.png

phil, what are you doing?  Smiley
releasing the secret of how to get the same amount of btc with 2.5-3 times less watts and a real warranty?

It is an open secret. Grin

Bitmaintech is king of ASIC world

And they need to watch for gpu world more then anything else.

Hey phil i sent you a dm if you can check it out please  Smiley
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 11:28:33 PM

I'm considering that already, and also a drag & drop interface for pool change.

Wanted to use ckpool (as that's what i use), but it is a no-go in ARM platforms.

My business site is primarily about biometrics and HR stuff. However i will surely tweet about the project release and notify around here when it's time. My tweeter (personal one, but i'll tweet there) is @johnvillarz.

Just as a heads-up, initial release will only have capacity for 1 hardware control, but we have already working prototypes of the hardware expansors, which will go from 4 hardware control ports for hte basic expansor to 32 or 64, depending on demand).

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:46:55 PM

Looks like one of mine has a dead middle board. All x's

Tried lowering frequency to 575 but no luck, it comes up as o's but won't hash, then after a while goes to x's

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2524

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 12:03:42 AM

Looks like one of mine has a dead middle board. All x's

Tried lowering frequency to 575 but no luck, it comes up as o's but won't hash, then after a while goes to x's
So far all s9s good here including the 2 new batch 11's. Have all my fingers, toes and eyes crossed hoping they stay that way...
Any yes, is a bvyche typng liker that...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7841

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 12:30:36 AM

I would rather they simply honored the warranty.  If it breaks in the first 90 days it gets replaced without a lot of rigamarole on their part.  Buying a miner and getting a 10% coupon on the next is worthless if the miner I bought only performs to 66% of spec.  There are a lot of tech companies that provide excellent and reliable warranties.  Bitmain could be one if they wanted to.

Yeah but the shipping back to China  at high cost is a killer along with no cross shipping.

It is not like an Intel CPU  which ships at low cost.  BTW  When I killed my Intel i5 6600k   I had two options cross ship at an extra cost of 25 usd  or send  it in and wait .  I went the cheap way and had a new CPU in 8 days.  If I cross shipped for 25 extra  I could wait to ship the dead one back  and would of had it in 2 days. I did not need it that fast so I saved the 25 extra cost.

I actually do not hate bitmaintech but they are a bit short on service if gear breaks down.   They need to adapt on this.  

Some reasons:

1) they are helping gpu miners with their short warranty
 2) break even on asic gear is not 60 to 120 days. So the 90 day warranty means your gear is almost certain to not roi under warranty  this helps gpu mining
 3) they are pretty well known for not honoring warranty   this helps gpu mining

Basically  here is my Eth setup  and I convert most coins to btc.  Bitmaintech has created demand for gpu mining.  Mostly over their warranty issues.
18 cards two 4 card rigs and five 2 card rigs.  Every piece has at least 1 year warranty or more.  Most have a 2 year warranty.

https://i.imgur.com/R72hWho.png

phil, what are you doing?  Smiley
releasing the secret of how to get the same amount of btc with 2.5-3 times less watts and a real warranty?

It is an open secret. Grin

Bitmaintech is king of ASIC world

And they need to watch for gpu world more then anything else.

Hey phil i sent you a dm if you can check it out please  Smiley

what is a dm?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 12:56:45 AM

I'm considering that already, and also a drag & drop interface for pool change.

Wanted to use ckpool (as that's what i use), but it is a no-go in ARM platforms.

My business site is primarily about biometrics and HR stuff. However i will surely tweet about the project release and notify around here when it's time. My tweeter (personal one, but i'll tweet there) is @johnvillarz.

Just as a heads-up, initial release will only have capacity for 1 hardware control, but we have already working prototypes of the hardware expansors, which will go from 4 hardware control ports for hte basic expansor to 32 or 64, depending on demand).

Very Interesting!  I am looking forward to it.  When you get it done, let us know!

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: