Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:05:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up gambling is not easy  (Read 54958 times)
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:24:21 AM

Usually promises are made to be broken, honestly it's easy to cheat ourselves, we can make promises anytime but we can always break that promises as well. Giving up could be very hard if we are too attached already but if we reflect on what gambling has made into our life, we might realize that we have to even if its hard, with that, we can make it possible even done in a long process.

You dont need promises, you need your determination to stop if you wish to stop. If you are not determined then you might be coming back sooner than what you expected. Most people has no determination when it comes to stop gambling therefore we see alot of losers around that blame gambling has ruined their life
If a person cannot stop gambling or do not want to stop gambling then he is not doing anything bad as he have to stop looting his money only and have to continue his gambling only with a calculated amount of money which will not destroy him if he will lose that amount of money.
Yes, I totally agree, but that should come after being able to stop. If you are able to stop whenever you want than yes do play for small amounts, that is what I am doing. If you can’t stop you will just surpass your limited amount and try to recover again which is a downfall.

Moreover I think first you need to stop all together, than you can know if you can gamble with small amounts, I suggest faucets.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:46:28 AM

You need to be self committed in order to get yourself out of gambling. Gambling is like a addiction and it is indeed very difficult for anyone to be able to get himself away from it. I just wonder, if anyone is winnig is Gambling and getting the money, why would he /she like to quit it ?  No one hates money ofcourse. Wink

It is easy to get out just as it is easy for you to get into it. No matter how you get into this mess, you are free to get out whenever you want. People are too desperate to quit gambling that they forget all they need to do is just STOP. I mean completely stop anything, if you stop everything then there is no way for you to get back in
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:06:08 AM

You need to be self committed in order to get yourself out of gambling. Gambling is like a addiction and it is indeed very difficult for anyone to be able to get himself away from it. I just wonder, if anyone is winnig is Gambling and getting the money, why would he /she like to quit it ?  No one hates money ofcourse. Wink

It is easy to get out just as it is easy for you to get into it. No matter how you get into this mess, you are free to get out whenever you want. People are too desperate to quit gambling that they forget all they need to do is just STOP. I mean completely stop anything, if you stop everything then there is no way for you to get back in

Easier said than done because in reality even if you stop gambling completely for one week or for one month you return to it sooner or later. So I think it's better to learn how to manage your greed because it's our greed is what turning an entertaining game into a catastrophe.

Do not expect to have fast and easy money which some people calim gambling can bring because exactly this way of thinking leads to gambling addiction.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:47:50 AM

Yes a willing gambler that wants to give up and quit gambling needs to sacrifice, first his addiction and everything with it.

And you need to look for some things that you want to replace your addiction.

This is more reliable and good way to quit gambling in exchange of your addiction there.

You dont need to sacrifice, you only need to control your bankroll. If you feel like wasting too much money then stop for a moment and think what is the most suitable bankroll for you. If you feel that it is too low then you can always increase however it is much better to have lower bankroll to sustain what you lose

Let's say that there's a control for the bankroll but his addiction is pushing him to suddenly move his bankroll because he is excited.

The addiction should be sacrificed that is what I'm talking about, though there will be a control but your addiction is pushing you through.

It will be hard to quit gambling for real.
How can you sacrifice addiction, that is your main problem and you are not happy anymore when gambling because it is just s mere addiction that made you do it. You have to be more specific, kill the root cause of the problem and since it's addiction, you have to eliminate it, but that is a big problem, so how?

It is why you need to sacrifice the addiction, if you know what I mean. That's the root cause that you had mentioned.

But on the part of those people that are actually addicted gamblers, I understand the part to their ends that it is hard to sacrifice.

They should go for other things that can eat up their time on a daily basis, maybe aim to have a good shape of body.

pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:10:43 AM

Find a new hobby to replace gambling. Try working out, learning to code, video games or something like that. I wouldn't recommend gambling with play money, the best thing to do is do some new hobby whenever you feel the urge to gamble. Just keep it up and the urge will eventually go away.
Your advised was really good one, which I think it could be one of the big factor for the addict gambler to apply your suggestion, maybe in addition to that manner I think asking for a guidance to his immediate closed one to monitor what he is doing it could also be a big help like parents, friend or love ones.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:00:39 PM

Your advised was really good one, which I think it could be one of the big factor for the addict gambler to apply your suggestion, maybe in addition to that manner I think asking for a guidance to his immediate closed one to monitor what he is doing it could also be a big help like parents, friend or love ones.

You dont need that kind of complicated things. When people are determined enough then there is nothing that you couldnt do. When you are a child, you learn to walk . You couldnt walk and it is something new , now you could which means that with some determination we can actually do anything that we want to do
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:03:57 PM

You dont need that kind of complicated things. When people are determined enough then there is nothing that you couldnt do. When you are a child, you learn to walk . You couldnt walk and it is something new , now you could which means that with some determination we can actually do anything that we want to do

In my own experienced also i would like to share some piece of advice to you, It just need your self discipline and control yourself so you could lessen playing gamble.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:27:55 PM

Find a new hobby to replace gambling. Try working out, learning to code, video games or something like that. I wouldn't recommend gambling with play money, the best thing to do is do some new hobby whenever you feel the urge to gamble. Just keep it up and the urge will eventually go away.

- Yes, but the most important thing is that we need to recognize the problem we face then we will be able to proceed with give up gambling process. The next key to giving up gambling is that we need help from family members, whom we can trust. Family is the motivation to change ourselves, then we can apply the method find a new hobby to replace gambling. Create a good habit to replace gambling as gym or activities beneficial to health, giving up gambling is easy if we really try and know the problem we face

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:57:10 PM

In my own experienced also i would like to share some piece of advice to you, It just need your self discipline and control yourself so you could lessen playing gamble.

Some people do need all the help that they can get when it's time to quit. It really helps the person feel like they aren't alone in the situation, I've been there too.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:10:18 PM

Some people do need all the help that they can get when it's time to quit. It really helps the person feel like they aren't alone in the situation, I've been there too.

Well for almost hopeless situations yes. I think people sometimes feel that the world may be ganging up on them if they are having a hard time to quit and it's important to make them feel that there are people who support them. Sometimes these people are the ones who need professional help but realistically it won't be enough as it's important to have the support of people around them

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:42:43 PM

Well for almost hopeless situations yes. I think people sometimes feel that the world may be ganging up on them if they are having a hard time to quit and it's important to make them feel that there are people who support them. Sometimes these people are the ones who need professional help but realistically it won't be enough as it's important to have the support of people around them
Yeah, giving up or quiting with someone that you now doing everyday in your life is hard to do, also if its your source of income, but i think gambling does can't be make an source of income for in life. Well mostly i think to quit in this, first try to have an lovelife or off to somewhere that will trully didn't think about in gambling
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 02:48:11 PM

In the end, it's still the addict that has to do all the work, whether he has support or not.
I know plenty of people who are addicted to something, have all the support in the world and still can't get rid of their addiction.

The most important thing is recognising that you have a problem and WANTING to work on that. Either by yourself or by getting help from a therapist or rehab.

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:31:44 PM

In the end, it's still the addict that has to do all the work, whether he has support or not.
I know plenty of people who are addicted to something, have all the support in the world and still can't get rid of their addiction.

The most important thing is recognising that you have a problem and WANTING to work on that. Either by yourself or by getting help from a therapist or rehab.

As long as the gambler truly wants to quit gambling and seek professional help he have a good chance of quitting it for good. However, if the gambler don't want to admit to himself/herself that he/she is addicted, then we can't do something about it. Its the person is question that can really decide to quit it, otherwise all the support that we are going to give will be nothing.
michaelch

Activity: 283

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:05:42 PM

If you're the kind of person who is easily addicted to gambling, best is to see gambling as a form of entertainment. Once in a while, gamble a fixed amount of money. Once that amount is lost, walk away.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:47:02 PM

Usually promises are made to be broken, honestly it's easy to cheat ourselves, we can make promises anytime but we can always break that promises as well. Giving up could be very hard if we are too attached already but if we reflect on what gambling has made into our life, we might realize that we have to even if its hard, with that, we can make it possible even done in a long process.

You dont need promises, you need your determination to stop if you wish to stop. If you are not determined then you might be coming back sooner than what you expected. Most people has no determination when it comes to stop gambling therefore we see alot of losers around that blame gambling has ruined their life

i think one of the most difficult job in gambling is to have self control .in  fact people are losing money in gambling because they do not have self control. in fact gambling turn people so much addicted and it give temptation to people. in fact if people got self control then they will not be so much effected by gambling.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:30:55 AM

i think one of the most difficult job in gambling is to have self control .in  fact people are losing money in gambling because they do not have self control. in fact gambling turn people so much addicted and it give temptation to people. in fact if people got self control then they will not be so much effected by gambling.

Basically one shouldn't go to gambling every day because once you start playing these games every day then your mind always thinking about these games and whenever one get free time then want to play these games. So if you think that you addicted to these then try to keep yourself more active with outdoor activities either your family members or friends and slowly you can come out of it.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:26:06 AM

Basically one shouldn't go to gambling every day because once you start playing these games every day then your mind always thinking about these games and whenever one get free time then want to play these games. So if you think that you addicted to these then try to keep yourself more active with outdoor activities either your family members or friends and slowly you can come out of it.

You keep on studying everyday and yet your mind isnt really addicted to study. There is a whole different thing of what you know and what really happen. Some people are addicted to game while some are to drugs however one thing for sure, they can both quit when they are determined enough to quit what they are doing
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:33:17 AM

You keep on studying everyday and yet your mind isnt really addicted to study. There is a whole different thing of what you know and what really happen. Some people are addicted to game while some are to drugs however one thing for sure, they can both quit when they are determined enough to quit what they are doing

Its ones decision as always matters, you have a point that if we really wanted no matter how hard it make take,even lots of what ifs there would be ,we should have word of honor once we said will going to quit ,we should really quit unless we break ourselves already.  Our decision making must be good in the start of gambling,the idea of the first time you did gambling is what for its good to be addicted as long if it keeps you beneficial or profitable.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:43:04 AM

If you're the kind of person who is easily addicted to gambling, best is to see gambling as a form of entertainment. Once in a while, gamble a fixed amount of money. Once that amount is lost, walk away.
It is what everyone is saying but the reality is that it is not that an easy thing to make it as a form of entertainment, once you are used to make it as your source of income and you are always for a good fortune on it, that will be the challenge. By making yourself have a limitation for handling your money, I guess can help.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kodes88

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:50:23 AM

It is what everyone is saying but the reality is that it is not that an easy thing to make it as a form of entertainment, once you are used to make it as your source of income and you are always for a good fortune on it, that will be the challenge. By making yourself have a limitation for handling your money, I guess can help.

yes I agree, limiting yourself in the use of the money would be helpful. Provided that discipline in doing so. Because whatever ways that will not work if you're not disciplined in doing so. Useless you limit the use of your money if you continue to exceed the limits that have you created. That is tantamount to not restrict the use of your money.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: