Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:38:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183483 times)
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:01:24 PM

Yes, at this time I would accept bitcoin for my salary.  I do not have a lot of financial obligations so I am ok with volatility.
you are right if a person do not have a lot of financial obligation, then you can accept bitcoin as your salary out of worry , and if you are agree with bitcoin volatility then you will accept your salary in bitcoin be happy  .
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:08:03 PM

It would be nice to have around 10% of your salary received in Bitcoin directly to some sort of savings fund for later. You will only benefit from it as the price will go higher and higher in the future. I have done it with 5% of my salary at the time the price was below $400. I bought every month $100 worth of Bitcoin and so far it has been paying off nicely with the price being at current levels.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:11:35 PM

Actually i can accept it but in my country people who know about bitcoin is very little also there is no merchant accepting bitcoin offline
So i still need fiat to buy goods for my life

Its a huge risk around bitcoin, if you get your payment at bitcoins and arent able to purchase the things you need, you will risk to loose money exchanging your bitcoins into fiat.
Yeah even though you can convert it to a fiat but maybe you will lose when you do not get lucky and finally drive the price down. actually accept bitcoin as salary is not a problem if such circumstances bitcoin does not have fluctuations and relatively stable. then you have the convenience to shop with bitcoin. then no problem receiving salaries with bitcoin Cheesy

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
btlrlx29

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:00:13 PM

Sounds great, but I don't think now is the right time for this.
Maybe later, when BTC gets wider adoption.
abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:01:16 PM

i trust in bitcoin and i know exactly but i know that faint money has a fixed value but bitcoin do not have a fixed value its always changing depending on the demand and supply of the market.but i would like to take 30% of  my salary into bitcoin and even like to spend them happily but as because my locality is not so much developed so its hard to spend 30% converted bitcoins.

This is why I am still sceptic about getting my salary in bitcoin. The face value of arrival can be a lot less then your actual salary.
Your bills however stay at the same rate.
and that is the situation we are facing here in our area. although it is my desire to receive my salary in bitcoin not only 30% but the whole salary. but still i will say that there are some hurdle which mike it difficult to do so.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:02:04 PM

I am accepting NXT as my salary already. I created the website and got paid with NXT for example.  Smiley
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:16:31 PM

I am accepting NXT as my salary already. I created the website and got paid with NXT for example.  Smiley

we are all getting paid for bitcoin for the jobs we do and some altcoins from time to time but that doesn't mean it is our salary. according to dictionary salary is a fixed regular payment and i think this topic is about receiving it as only salary or main salary not a second one.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:17:01 PM

I do not think that I would have my salary in Bitcoin because that is just not handy for me, I cannot pay anything with Bitcoin where I am from.
Maybe in the future when Bitcoin is more accepted it would make more sense but not right now.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
greatr

Activity: 447

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:35:59 PM

oh wow, did you earn a lot of that crypto? i mean if its a salary then you should get a lot of it i guess, i would definitely accept bitcoins for my salary as it would be a great investment
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:44:54 PM

oh wow, did you earn a lot of that crypto? i mean if its a salary then you should get a lot of it i guess, i would definitely accept bitcoins for my salary as it would be a great investment
Yeah it would actually be a nice investment,but there is problem if you get your salary not with bitcoins,because it depends
how many btc you get from current btc rate.
That means if you get your salary let's say every week,you may lose some money because if you get it for example at friday,and at saturday bitcoins fells like 100$ then you lose your money,because you got less bitcoin for the higher rate.
However i would still like to get it as btc Cheesy
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:53:14 PM

It would be nice to have around 10% of your salary received in Bitcoin directly to some sort of savings fund for later. You will only benefit from it as the price will go higher and higher in the future. I have done it with 5% of my salary at the time the price was below $400. I bought every month $100 worth of Bitcoin and so far it has been paying off nicely with the price being at current levels.
it sounds good to receive payment of 10% only with bitcoin because every month I was also buying bitcoin yeah at least $50 per month for a long-term investment. but the problem is what the company wants to pay half the salary using bitcoin. it is a strange dream you know?
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:47:03 AM

no, because bitcoin is a cryptocoin, all markets in my city and country don't accept bitcoin so i need real money as a salary, for me bitcoin is only an hobby that with it i can buy some things in online shops
You know that you can exchange your bitcoins at exchanges and get the fiat as you use it at your country, the problem is that banks may not allow you to get the money from bitcoin as they dont know and dont wanna problems. The same as you bitcoin is an extra source of income, besides all market where i can spend it online im happy to keep my salary in fiat , bitcoin salary would be a risk all months .
Well, first off, receiving bitcoins as a salary is either profitable or a good loss of money. The risks of value fluctuating is higher than the value going up. With that reason alone, I am afraid I would not want to receiving bitcoins as my salary just yet. I am not yet prepared but there will be a time when I will. When many will.
Now the world business is going to shift to the digital world and with that people will prefer digital system of payment and due to the high fees of online banks and banking cards people will prefer for bitcoin as their payment and salary, and at that time bitcoin will be more stable and people will not feel any fear of volatility.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:54:06 AM

The bitcoin could being easily converted to fiat, but i don't think that i would like to get my salary in bitcoin because we need cash offline usually.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:07:55 PM

If you ask me it is not smart to accept Bitcoin as an salary because for me I cannot pay my bills or other things with Bitcoin.
Having money is much better to get paid in because it is so easy to make use of.
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:00:07 PM

In Europe there is a hot new pertaining to a company whose going to introduce paying bitcoins to their employees. But given the instability of the bitcoins market value is it an advantage for the employees or an disadvantage. In my opinion this kind of payment for salary is not yet beneficial to employees not until bitcoins price has become stabled. Though if bitcoin will start to increase its monetary value it can be advantageuos but if not then it is a peril to the employees. So what do you think, what is your opinion on this matter?

as you have said the market value of bitcoin is not stable so i would not try to alteast accept bitcoin as my salary. I want a stable salary to the productivity of my work but if they consider bitcoin for their freebies why not
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 02:10:46 PM

no, because bitcoin is a cryptocoin, all markets in my city and country don't accept bitcoin so i need real money as a salary, for me bitcoin is only an hobby that with it i can buy some things in online shops
You know that you can exchange your bitcoins at exchanges and get the fiat as you use it at your country, the problem is that banks may not allow you to get the money from bitcoin as they dont know and dont wanna problems. The same as you bitcoin is an extra source of income, besides all market where i can spend it online im happy to keep my salary in fiat , bitcoin salary would be a risk all months .
Well, first off, receiving bitcoins as a salary is either profitable or a good loss of money. The risks of value fluctuating is higher than the value going up. With that reason alone, I am afraid I would not want to receiving bitcoins as my salary just yet. I am not yet prepared but there will be a time when I will. When many will.
Now the world business is going to shift to the digital world and with that people will prefer digital system of payment and due to the high fees of online banks and banking cards people will prefer for bitcoin as their payment and salary, and at that time bitcoin will be more stable and people will not feel any fear of volatility.

still i doubt they wil. pick something that fluctuates often, i wouldn't risk my hard earn salary
on something that can reduce its value is just a matter of days and still have a very limited usage
in daily lives. i will agree if bitcoins price becomes stable people might consider having their salary
paid with bitcoin.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:22:21 PM

If you ask me it is not smart to accept Bitcoin as an salary because for me I cannot pay my bills or other things with Bitcoin.
Having money is much better to get paid in because it is so easy to make use of.

Absolutely i also cannot pay my bills or other expenses in bitcoins because in my country bitcoin currency is not accepted yet so how i want my salary in bitcoins which don't give me any benefit.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:17:24 PM

I would love to get my salary in bitcoins.There is not much problem but if I have to choose then I will take fiat because I cannot use bitcoins in daily real life and exchanging them to fiat will cost some fees so I will choose fiat.
Yes, nowadays due to the lack of facility and shops for bitcoin people prefer to fiat, But I am not like that I will like to accept my salary in bitcoins with bitcoin when I receive my specific salary on the next day it will be increased and the other point is that I can sell my bitcoin at higher price on exchanges.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 07:31:59 PM

I think you are at wrong, you may have notice that the price of bitcoin is fluctuating but it is not decreasing, and increasing from a few months, so there is no any fear of volatility, everyone know well that bitcoin is going towards success and they will accept it.
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:32:52 PM

i think i would definitely accept bitcoins as my payment method for all the work i do in my job, hopefully this will possible at some point in the future, it would be really cool i think
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: