Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183483 times)
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:35:25 PM

In Europe there is a hot new pertaining to a company whose going to introduce paying bitcoins to their employees. But given the instability of the bitcoins market value is it an advantage for the employees or an disadvantage. In my opinion this kind of payment for salary is not yet beneficial to employees not until bitcoins price has become stabled. Though if bitcoin will start to increase its monetary value it can be advantageuos but if not then it is a peril to the employees. So what do you think, what is your opinion on this matter?

If my employer would be an old and active bitcoin user then I would accept my salary in bitcoin only if he could deliver the salary on physical bitcoins like we see in the Collectibles, most of my savings would be in bitcoin.
I think nowadays no one have any problem to receive salaries in digital form, and I will say nowadays about more than 95% salaries are given in the digital form, (through the banks) and then we collect our salaries from there, if a company pay in bitcoin then we can get then in digital and whenever we want we can change them in fiat.
Depends on what job are you working in, which country, are you registered as an official employee etc. Receiving the salary in the physically way is much more better because you can manage them better because the salary in digital mode is like playing games or opening the calculator and dividing it until 0, same goes with bitcoin, receiving physically as I mentioned in the above post would "increase" its value.
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:38:21 PM

es I will but only if my bank accepts it. Because I don't want to have bitcoin in my wallet with which I cannot buy groceries... what's the point then?
So if it is accepted by the bank, I would accept it... I know its a risk but maybe a risk worth it because it can pay off too.  Or maybe 20-80 Bitcoin and Fiat payment salary; that would be nice
the same for me, it would be really cool to receive my salary in bitcoins to be honest because i really like it
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 12:53:26 AM

yes for sure Smiley  would love to.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 12:59:57 AM

I don't think I'm ready for that, I already have my stash of BTC I'm comfortable with, we should remember that it's still a risky investment. I know many others are too but I think BTC and crypto should be no more than 10-20% of your whole portfolio. I understand if many here share a different position and more "bullish".
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:09:06 PM

es I will but only if my bank accepts it. Because I don't want to have bitcoin in my wallet with which I cannot buy groceries... what's the point then?
So if it is accepted by the bank, I would accept it... I know its a risk but maybe a risk worth it because it can pay off too.  Or maybe 20-80 Bitcoin and Fiat payment salary; that would be nice
the same for me, it would be really cool to receive my salary in bitcoins to be honest because i really like it

Yeah it is really cool and if your friends, girlfriend or your family is going to ask you how much is your salary for this cut off.
They are going to ask this way: "How much bitcoins did you earn for this cut off?"
It is going to happen possibly in the future because of technology.
Yeah I really want it  Cheesy but the best things in using bitcoin as a salary you have a choice if you want to widraw directly to local currency then change it to Fiat  or if you want to earn more save it or invest it.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Hide_ip112

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:12:07 PM

I don't think I'm ready for that, I already have my stash of BTC I'm comfortable with, we should remember that it's still a risky investment. I know many others are too but I think BTC and crypto should be no more than 10-20% of your whole portfolio. I understand if many here share a different position and more "bullish".

Hmzz, investment is the best way. However I think it does not close the possibility that you will make your bitcoin as salary. However, it may not, which obviously enjoy what we get and make the best possible with the
ESzn

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:43:11 PM

Yep, i would gladly accept my salary in Bitcoin, the only problem is that maybe you get paid $200 in BTC and the next day it could be worth half of that  Grin
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:47:07 PM

So if it is accepted by the bank, I would accept it... I know its a risk but maybe a risk worth it because it can pay off too.  Or maybe 20-80 Bitcoin and Fiat payment salary; that would be nice

Yeah it is really cool and if your friends, girlfriend or your family is going to ask you how much is your salary for this cut off.
They are going to ask this way: "How much bitcoins did you earn for this cut off?"
Yeah I really want it  Cheesy but the best things in using bitcoin as a salary you have a choice if you want to widraw directly to local currency then change it to Fiat  or if you want to earn more save it or invest it.
Yaa that would be amazing. It is a nice idea to grow the popularity of bitcoins.
I believe this thing will soon be in use paying salary in bitcoins in most of the countries.
many online websites are beginning to pay in bitcoins !!!!
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:39:36 PM

Yaa that would be amazing. It is a nice idea to grow the popularity of bitcoins.
I believe this thing will soon be in use paying salary in bitcoins in most of the countries.
many online websites are beginning to pay in bitcoins !!!!
yes i also wish and want to receive my salary in bitcoin. but i will have to face so many problems related to bitcoin. tthe first problem is that i will find it hard to pay my children school fee in bitcoin because there school do not accept bitcoin for fees
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:50:11 PM

Yes i will accept it. Cash or bitcoin are the same so i will accept it as my salary. Then i can earn all them or convert it in real money. Bitcoin are the same in cash if you like bitcoin to use to pay your phone bill direct it from your wallet its easy also a electric bill. That is the big thing bitcoin very usefull its become convenient to people busy in there life.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pratap11

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:52:09 PM

My answer will be no because still we cannot spend bitcoins on many places in real life like in local shops so we need to convert our bitcoins to fiat and that would cause some fees.So it would be better to get salary in fiat directly.
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:56:58 PM

In Europe there is a hot new pertaining to a company whose going to introduce paying bitcoins to their employees. But given the instability of the bitcoins market value is it an advantage for the employees or an disadvantage. In my opinion this kind of payment for salary is not yet beneficial to employees not until bitcoins price has become stabled. Though if bitcoin will start to increase its monetary value it can be advantageuos but if not then it is a peril to the employees. So what do you think, what is your opinion on this matter?

If my employer would be an old and active bitcoin user then I would accept my salary in bitcoin only if he could deliver the salary on physical bitcoins like we see in the Collectibles, most of my savings would be in bitcoin.
I think nowadays no one have any problem to receive salaries in digital form, and I will say nowadays about more than 95% salaries are given in the digital form, (through the banks) and then we collect our salaries from there, if a company pay in bitcoin then we can get then in digital and whenever we want we can change them in fiat.
Depends on what job are you working in, which country, are you registered as an official employee etc. Receiving the salary in the physically way is much more better because you can manage them better because the salary in digital mode is like playing games or opening the calculator and dividing it until 0, same goes with bitcoin, receiving physically as I mentioned in the above post would "increase" its value.

In my country the educated people like to get their salaries in digital form (in their bank accounts which the bestwishes745 is saying), they consider it more secure to get their salaries in their bank accounts, and when ever they need some amount they withdraw only that and spend with that they will not face the attacks of thieves. while uneducated do not feel convenience with banks so they do not like banks.

Hire me for your campaign management
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:11:22 PM

In my country the educated people like to get their salaries in digital form (in their bank accounts which the bestwishes745 is saying), they consider it more secure to get their salaries in their bank accounts, and when ever they need some amount they withdraw only that and spend with that they will not face the attacks of thieves. while uneducated do not feel convenience with banks so they do not like banks.

You are right salaries via banks or any other digital system, especially through bitcoin are more secure then the papers in our hands, it will be harder for us to protect them and to carry them in the way, I will like to get my salary in bitcoin, as for me it is more secure.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:12:51 PM

They are getting their salary in bank account in the form of fiat and not in bitcoins and their income is fixed but you cannot expect fixed income from bitcoins.
Cryptonarium

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 08:13:02 PM

I trust Bitcoin more than any bank. Banks are not holding any real money. This is an illusion. They hold and manage only digits in some databases. Cash is a different story.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:45:53 AM

If bitcoin was being used for salaries and wages then we would begin to see its shift from being a speculative investment to a true currency. They would use btc to buy their food, clothes and the other needs in life. Right now bitcoins are only bought only to be held as an investment and not earned to spent on everyday goods and services.
I would not accept Bitcoin as a salary because for me that is not handy because there is not much that I am able to buy with them.
It can be a good thing in the future if Bitcoin ever comes to that level .

I would never want if my salary is paid with bitcoin. Too risky because bitcoin prices fluctuate, if when we payday bitcoin prices high it is profitable. What if after we receive wages in bitcoin.

Exactly the salary will be fixed in btc but that will depend on the rate of bitcoin which is very risky as sometimes you would be earning too high when price is higher and vice versa.

Exactly said. Bitcoin gives difference in earning based upon the price movement of bitcoin. In my view when the bitcoin price becomes stable within a fixed limit, more users show interest to get salary in terms of bitcoin.
Well, if you've figured it all out, it might be better not to accept bitcoin as salary, but I guess it was not so bad to use bitcoin on the payroll for now. notwithstanding the risk, but most likely you can still benefit from it, you can develop it. but, if you already have a family and want a normal life, I think maybe that's better

No, if you have an responsibility of family then its never recommended to get salary in btc, as price keeps on fluctuating which may not take care of your family expenses regularly.
Well here in my country its ok for me to receive it in bitcoin because i can instantly withdraw or convert it to our money and i am taking a benefits of price increase of bitcoin..
it was great to be able to convert them instantly to bitcoin to fiat. in the my country for the time being in you need at least 2 minutes to convert bitcoin to fiat with a fee of 0.8% was quite small. I am also ready to accept bitcoin as salary maybe it was also nice to own bitcoin

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:47:26 AM

I trust Bitcoin more than any bank. Banks are not holding any real money. This is an illusion. They hold and manage only digits in some databases. Cash is a different story.

If bitcoin is accepted in your country as a direct payment then you should take your salary in bitcoins. And banks are not holding a real money but they will give you real money when you needed, you can easily get money from your account.
Umisater

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 12:15:48 PM

I will definitely accept bitcoin as part of m salary. I will save most of that and use some of the bitcoins.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 01:53:58 PM

yes i will accept my salary in bitcoin because bitcoin is more safe than other currency and i think bitcoin is too beneficial than other currency and its transaction fees is to much less .
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:27:47 PM

If bitcoin is accepted in your country as a direct payment then you should take your salary in bitcoins. And banks are not holding a real money but they will give you real money when you needed, you can easily get money from your account.
most of the countries have the same problem they have the problem of legalization of bitcoin. if bitcoin is not legalize then how can one receive salary in bitcoin because govt have to receive the tax from salary and govt do not accept bitcoin for tax.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: