Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92981 times)
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:05:31 AM

The point here is mass adoption

No, the point is to part easily-led adolescents from their money.
OK.  Roll Eyes

so what is visible on the site now is very minimal to make it as easy as possible for non-crypto people to buy ODB.
Why on earth would they buy your dead celebrity coin? I don't get it. What do you expect people to do with them?
Why on earth would a fan buy a Wu-Tang Clan t-shirt? Or a poster? Or any other piece of merchandise? Why would someone buy a rookie trading card for a dead baseball player? Because they're fans.

However unlike trading cards or other merchandise, ODBcoin can be accepted by merchants, and it also can be used as "proof of fan."

I don't have specifics since the information is not being published until the sale is over to avoid undue speculation, but let me give you possible examples. Having a certain balance of ODB might entitle you to a free album, having a larger balance might give you the album plus a free signed shirt or poster, etc. Having a much larger balance might give you free admission to shows, backstage passes, or even exclusive meet and greet with the artist - Young Dirty in this case.

Tao will be the base for trading pairs across the site, and ODBcoin and the other artist tokens - six are already scheduled for next year - will be exclusively traded against Tao.
Six other dead artists who can't have a say in Bryce using their likeness to profit off of it?

Good lord dude, I am starting to wonder about you. Are you seriously not familiar with the concept of legal heirs and an estate that can sign off on the use of a celebrity's likeness? Like seriously? These are licensed. I mean, I already explained this to you.  Huh

And just because the first coin is issued with a legacy artist's name doesn't mean the others will be. My understanding is it will be a mix of legacy, current, and newly discovered bands like Robot Nature.

Here's Young Dirty talking about ODBcoin. You know, one of the legal heirs I mentioned? Someone who will be directly benefitting from the success of ODBcoin.

https://youtu.be/q04mKxybgtg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:09:16 PM

If that's what you mean, it does not violate securities laws.

There is an exemption for the Howey Test if you cap fundraising at $100,000. Bryce did exactly that. He's worked with regulators from the start. There's photographic evidence. There's evidence on the SEC website.

If you have access to some other information I'm not aware of, do tell.

The only evidence I found on the SEC's website was related to his Altmarket company. It was an application for an Exempt Offering of Securities, the total amount they were seeking to raise was $5 million. So where did you get the $100k number from? If there's more evidence on the SEC website as you claim, feel free to post it here.

You know what, I was mistaken. I'm not a lawyer, but it looks like the exemption was actually $1,000,000 under Regulation D which has since been raised to $5M. Either way, the ICO he held in 2016 was capped at $100K and did not require registration and so is not listed on the SEC site. I apologize if my phrasing was unclear since I didn't mean to say the Tao ICO was listed there, just evidence of him working with regulators and proceeding in a legal fashion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_D_(SEC)

The registration filing you saw was for an equity sale in AltMarket, which I don't think was open to non-accredited investors, so that sale needed to be filed with them, and was as you saw.

If you look upthread, you can also find photos of him meeting with regulators and there's video of him speaking about the project in front of the New York Bar Association in NYC. The audience included not only a ton of high powered lawyers, but representatives from I forget either the SEC or the CFTC. He makes a number of specific claims during his explanation that he would be pretty damn foolish to be making in front of that audience unless he planned to follow through on them.

ICOS are wash traded scams who would crowdfund bryces pipedream? lol Smiley funny dude~just buy BTI and win ===>
https://freiexchange.com/market/BTI/BTC

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:00:44 AM

There is an exemption for the Howey Test if you cap fundraising at $100,000. Bryce did exactly that. He's worked with regulators from the start. There's photographic evidence. There's evidence on the SEC website.

The only evidence I found on the SEC's website was related to his Altmarket company. It was an application for an Exempt Offering of Securities, the total amount they were seeking to raise was $5 million. So where did you get the $100k number from? If there's more evidence on the SEC website as you claim, feel free to post it here.

You know what, I was mistaken. I'm not a lawyer, but it looks like the exemption was actually $1,000,000 under Regulation D which has since been raised to $5M. Either way, the ICO he held in 2016 was capped at $100K and did not require registration and so is not listed on the SEC site. I apologize if my phrasing was unclear since I didn't mean to say the Tao ICO was listed there, just evidence of him working with regulators and proceeding in a legal fashion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_D_(SEC)

The registration filing you saw was for an equity sale in AltMarket, which I don't think was open to non-accredited investors, so that sale needed to be filed with them, and was as you saw.

If you look upthread, you can also find photos of him meeting with regulators and there's video of him speaking about the project in front of the New York Bar Association in NYC. The audience included not only a ton of high powered lawyers, but representatives from I forget either the SEC or the CFTC. He makes a number of specific claims during his explanation that he would be pretty damn foolish to be making in front of that audience unless he planned to follow through on them.

ICOS are wash traded scams who would crowdfund bryces pipedream? lol Smiley funny dude~just buy BTI and win ===>

Roll Eyes  Yes, most ICOs were exactly that: wash traded scams. But Tao has been squeaky clean.

The entire point  has been to keep it away from all of the money laundering, etc. which has been successful. There is a history of money laundering in the music industry, and they are very very leery of most crypto because of it, so Bryce did everything by the book and his whole strategy was to keep everything 100% clean and legal. This allowed him to partner with people in the music industry for the success of the projects that you'll be seeing in the coming weeks, next year, and onwards. 

The Initial Artist Offerings starting with ODBcoin will be reviewed by a bank level independent auditor at the close of the sale and the results will be published for all to review. No scam possible.

The people who will fund Bryce's business will be his clients and their fans. And the crypto traders with the sense to understand this is the polar opposite of the crap people have been putting their money into the last couple years.

So, not you obviously.  Cheesy

presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:07:39 AM

Roll Eyes  Yes, most ICOs were exactly that: wash traded scams. But Tao has been squeaky clean.

Squeaky clean minus the fact that the dev is one of the most widely-known scam artists in crypto.

Frankly its a terrible business model. Nobody's going to buy your dead celebrity coins. But Weiner never planned on it anyway. His goal, as always, was to create the facade of a viable business in order to rake in as much money as possible, then leave his buyers holding the bag as he moves on to his next fleecing. People don't change.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:21:11 AM

Roll Eyes  Yes, most ICOs were exactly that: wash traded scams. But Tao has been squeaky clean.

Squeaky clean minus the fact that the dev is one of the most widely-known scam artists in crypto.

Frankly its a terrible business model. Nobody's going to buy your dead celebrity coins. But Weiner never planned on it anyway. His goal, as always, was to create the facade of a viable business in order to rake in as much money as possible, then leave his buyers holding the bag as he moves on to his next fleecing. People don't change.

Seriously, if he's running a scam, why would he be so amazingly foolish as to invite the attention of regulators? Why? Why?

Are you claiming he's going to start the exchange, run the ODBcoin sale, run off with the money immediately and screw over Wu-Tang and Young Dirty without going to jail? Or do you think Young Dirty and Wu-Tang, and his other associates like Peter Rafelson are part of the scam? Is the SEC too? I bet that's it, he's enlisted a federal regulatory agency to help him pull of his totes real scam.

Or maybe he's so insidious that he's going to run this scam for the next year or even several years, selling officially licensed digital merchandise to fans, splitting the profits 50/50 with the artists, which is much better than what they usually get. Making them money while giving their fans a new way to show their fandom and connect with the artists, raking in as much money as possible for year after year. 

Hm. Which would he do. That, or go to jail after running off after a short time.

Gee. Hmm. I wonder which he'll do. Hmmm.

It's a puzzler.  Wink

gembitz

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:53:22 PM

Seriously, if he's running a scam, why would he be so amazingly foolish as to invite the attention of regulators? Why? Why?

Are you claiming he's going to start the exchange, run the ODBcoin sale, run off with the money immediately and screw over Wu-Tang and Young Dirty without going to jail? Or do you think Young Dirty and Wu-Tang, and his other associates like Peter Rafelson are part of the scam? Is the SEC too? I bet that's it, he's enlisted a federal regulatory agency to help him pull of his totes real scam.

Or maybe he's so insidious that he's going to run this scam for the next year or even several years, selling officially licensed digital merchandise to fans, splitting the profits 50/50 with the artists, which is much better than what they usually get. Making them money while giving their fans a new way to show their fandom and connect with the artists, raking in as much money as possible for year after year.  

Hm. Which would he do. That, or go to jail after running off after a short time.

It's a puzzler.  Wink

he has always acted ass backwards ~ lets see what he can crowdfund ~ thats all this is ..lets see this exchange working and ill be impressed Wink lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

It's a puzzler.  Wink

he has always acted ass backwards ~ lets see what he can crowdfund ~ thats all this is ..lets see this exchange working and ill be impressed Wink lol

Time will tell.

throwawaytao

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:00:57 PM

You never answered my question upthread: what specifically do you think is in violation of US securities law?

THE PREMINE? Smiley LOL

OK, since you didn't answer my question to you that I asked right before the post you're replying to, I'll ask again, what premine? I'm going to assume you mean the money mined at the start that was publicly announced before hand and that was used for the crowd sale in 2016. Is that what you're referring to?

Making a throwaway to point out that this is, in fact, a lie.

Bryce did put a cap on the fundraiser, but at 30 million (1USD = 1TAO), not $100 000. The latter is just what he managed to raise (in fact, he raised slightly more than that, according to contemporaneous PR material).

See e.g. https://bitcoinprbuzz.com/tao-network-announces-the-crowdsale-of-its-cryptocurrency-and-the-tao-of-music-project/

The TAO Network has made 30 million TAO tokens available for the ongoing month-long crowdsale. Rest of the tokens are allocated for development, marketing and community building exercises. The platform has announced that the value a TAO token will not be more than $1.00 during the crowdsale. Participants in the crowdsale shall receive a 25% bonus on their deposit if the deposit is made prior to Friday, August 5th.
gembitz

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

You never answered my question upthread: what specifically do you think is in violation of US securities law?

THE PREMINE? Smiley LOL

OK, since you didn't answer my question to you that I asked right before the post you're replying to, I'll ask again, what premine? I'm going to assume you mean the money mined at the start that was publicly announced before hand and that was used for the crowd sale in 2016. Is that what you're referring to?

Bryce did put a cap on the fundraiser, but at 30 million (1USD = 1TAO), not $100 000. The latter is just what he managed to raise (in fact, he raised slightly more than that, according to contemporaneous PR material).

See e.g. https://bitcoinprbuzz.com/tao-network-announces-the-crowdsale-of-its-cryptocurrency-and-the-tao-of-music-project/

The TAO Network has made 30 million TAO tokens available for the ongoing month-long crowdsale. Rest of the tokens are allocated for development, marketing and community building exercises. The platform has announced that the value a TAO token will not be more than $1.00 during the crowdsale. Participants in the crowdsale shall receive a 25% bonus on their deposit if the deposit is made prior to Friday, August 5th.

don't act like weeee don't roll wit Wu-Tang and Czarface (7-L Esoteric ) ? BTC is a movement *

===>
CZARFACE - Iron Claw Ft. Ghostface killah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B3Ig2jkchg

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:12:40 AM

THE PREMINE? Smiley LOL

You might want to re-read that a little more carefully. "Not be more than $1.00" isn't the same as setting it specifically to $1 the way you're representing it. The amount paid per Tao was proportional to the amount raised, and it ended up at approximately $0.003 per Tao, which is a long way from $1.00

Whether it was capped or only raised ~$100K is irrelevant to the question of whether it qualifies as a security.

It does not.

gembitz

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:13:49 AM

THE PREMINE? Smiley LOL

You might want to re-read that a little more carefully. "Not be more than $1.00" isn't the same as setting it specifically to $1 the way you're representing it. The amount paid per Tao was proportional to the amount raised, and it ended up at approximately $0.003 per Tao, which is a long way from $1.00

Whether it was capped or only raised ~$100K is irrelevant to the question of whether it qualifies as a security.

It does not.

BILLIONS TRUST ME Wink WEEEEEE

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:38:08 AM

It does not.

Do you have anything of substance to contribute to the conversation or are you basically just mashing the keyboard at this point?   Roll Eyes

zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:42:01 AM

General TAO chicken coin, AWESOME!!!  Shocked Cool Cheesy

Does TOA rhyme with DAO??... Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAO is dead -> and too TAO -> what is Next *AO
Just want to laugh at something you want to laugh at and this is clear evidence.
Don't want to be successful on the Exchange, I just check the website is not clear and cannot be accessed. AO AO AO AOUOOOOO LOL
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:55:21 AM

General TAO chicken coin, AWESOME!!!  Shocked Cool Cheesy

Does TOA rhyme with DAO??... Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAO is dead -> and too TAO -> what is Next *AO
Just want to laugh at something you want to laugh at and this is clear evidence.
Don't want to be successful on the Exchange, I just check the website is not clear and cannot be accessed. AO AO AO AOUOOOOO LOL

WAT

Not sure what most of what you just typed is supposed to mean.

The exchange is loading for me just fine and I can sign into my account.   Huh

https://exchange.alt.market/

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:07:20 AM

gembitz

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:30:09 AM

It does not.

Do you have anything of substance to contribute to the conversation or are you basically just mashing the keyboard at this point?   Roll Eyes

Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes

#COME ON CHUM>>>PLAY ALONG!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:34:48 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2018, 07:37:37 AM by ACGCrypto

Do you have anything of substance to contribute to the conversation or are you basically just mashing the keyboard at this point?   Roll Eyes

Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes

Smiley

gembitz

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:39:32 AM

Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes

Smiley

Cool

WEEEEE

presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:32:06 AM

Lol @ Bryce admitting to selling shitcoins. His ego is out of control. He should really team up with Craig Wright. They could fuck over hordes of mush-brained, easily-led dopes if they decided to combine forces. If the government seriously looked into Wiener's past wienercoin shenanigans they would probably consider pressing charges against him. Just one pump and dump scamcoin after another. Tao will be no different.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:46:09 AM

Lol @ Bryce admitting to selling shitcoins. His ego is out of control. He should really team up with Craig Wright. They could fuck over hordes of mush-brained, easily-led dopes if they decided to combine forces. If the government seriously looked into Wiener's past wienercoin shenanigans they would probably consider pressing charges against him. Just one pump and dump scamcoin after another. Tao will be no different.

You must be new around here. Bryce calls every crypto a shitcoin. Including Bitcoin.  Cheesy

If you're so confident in Bryce's criminality, report him to the authorities.

Still not sure if your fantasy is that he's colluding with regulators to "fuck over hordes of mush-brained, easily-led dopes," as you so elegantly put it, or if in your imagination he's such an incredibly brilliant mastermind that he's pulled the wool over the government's eyes. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: