Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92971 times)
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:58:19 AM

First of all, you're responding to a copy/paste bot, congratulations:

Oh coooool, am I a russian bot too?  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:39:52 AM

I think a lot of people miss the fact that Tao is a full blockchain with mature Bitcoin-derived technology, not just some ERC-20 token. Here's a handy reference guide to how the Tao features stack up compared to some of the most popular cryptos:

Priceslide

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

Hello

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 01:52:17 AM
Merited by presduterte (1)

I think a lot of people miss the fact that Tao is a full blockchain with mature Bitcoin-derived technology, not just some ERC-20 token. Here's a handy reference guide to how the Tao features stack up compared to some of the most popular cryptos:

Wow! Those green dots must mean that Tao is truly the superior tech. Now if only I could buy it without using a discord moderator to be an escrow... now if only alt market launched an actual product. If only. If only

reddit.com/r/kinfoundation
ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:53:54 AM

Wow! Those green dots must mean that Tao is truly the superior tech. Now if only I could buy it without using a discord moderator to be an escrow... now if only alt market launched an actual product. If only. If only

Just because you don't have access to trading on AltMarket doesn't mean it's not there.

Just because you haven't created an account and used it to participate in the ongoing ODBcoin sale doesn't mean they don't have a product.

You've been able to deposit BTC or ETH since the beginning of December to buy ODB, and you've been able to link your bank account to deposit USD for ODBcoin for at least a couple of weeks now too. So what are you even talking about?  Huh

throwawaytao

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:12:33 PM

http://acgimg.s3.amazonaws.com/Tao-vs-BTC-ETH-others.png

Just because you don't have access to trading on AltMarket doesn't mean it's not there.

http://acgimg.s3.amazonaws.com/AM-trading-chart-screenshot-2019-01-06.jpg

Just because you haven't created an account and used it to participate in the ongoing ODBcoin sale doesn't mean they don't have a product.

You've been able to deposit BTC or ETH since the beginning of December to buy ODB, and you've been able to link your bank account to deposit USD for ODBcoin for at least a couple of weeks now too. So what are you even talking about?  Huh

Hang on, didn't Bryce disable all kinds of BTC/ETH trading on alt.market to make sure that TAO would be "decoupled" from the rest of crypto?
ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:38:59 AM

Hang on, didn't Bryce disable all kinds of BTC/ETH trading on alt.market to make sure that TAO would be "decoupled" from the rest of crypto?

No. He was talking about not having the option of trading BTC directly for TAO so that you could only trade it against USD or alts, which should have the effect of decoupling it from the BTC price. This has nothing to do with being able to deposit BTC or ETH to purchase ODB, which is what I was talking about above.

throwawaytao

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:38:36 PM

No. He was talking about not having the option of trading BTC directly for TAO so that you could only trade it against USD or alts, which should have the effect of decoupling it from the BTC price. This has nothing to do with being able to deposit BTC or ETH to purchase ODB, which is what I was talking about above.

OK, so you're supposed to be able to trade BTC/alt and alt/TAO, but not BTC/TAO? How does that make sense?
ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:22:55 AM

OK, so you're supposed to be able to trade BTC/alt and alt/TAO, but not BTC/TAO? How does that make sense?

USD/TAO
TAO/alts

Makes sense to me.

BTC being the base for trading pairs only makes sense because it's familiar, not because it's the only way to do things. He's already said that it's an experiment and he can always add a TAO/BTC pair later if he sees fit to.

throwawaytao

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:01:22 AM

USD/TAO
TAO/alts

Makes sense to me.

BTC being the base for trading pairs only makes sense because it's familiar, not because it's the only way to do things. He's already said that it's an experiment and he can always add a TAO/BTC pair later if he sees fit to.

Just to clarify, also BTC/USD and BTC/alts? And ETH/USD and ETC/alts?

Because that's how it's been now? Crowdsale of ODB for ETH/BTC, _not_ for TAO or fiat?
ACGCrypto

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:59:52 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 11:16:15 AM by ACGCrypto

USD/TAO
TAO/alts

Makes sense to me.

Because that's how it's been now? Crowdsale of ODB for ETH/BTC, _not_ for TAO or fiat?

Let me restate in full to clarify. Hopefully this will make sense to you.

Currently ODBcoin can be purchased during the sale by anyone with an account on AltMarket. Deposits are currently limited to ETH, BTC, and USD, with TAO coming shortly. This is just for the purpose of purchasing ODBcoin for the duration of the sale which ends in February. I believe Tao gives you a 5% discount, the same as what you get if you signed up to the pre-sale notification email opt-in that was up on the site before Dec 1st when the sale began.

After the sale is over, there will be the audit which will be concluded sometime between mid February and March 1st to my understanding. I'm not sure if trading will become available to the public before or after the end of the audit, but at the latest it sounds like it should be very soon after the end of the audit.

Once full trading is open to everyone, Tao will be the base for trading pairs for either most or for all alts on the market, and definitely will be the exclusive base for ODBcoin and all future icon token trading pairs.  

I believe BTC will be a base for some alts, but it will not be for any of the icon tokens, and would also not be a base for Tao in the proposed scenario. I'm not sure if BTC would be traded with TAO as the base, but I'm assuming most likely not in this scenario.  ETH will be the base for some alts but none of the icon tokens. I'm not sure if Bryce is considering decoupling from ETH, so possibly you might have it as the base for TAO.

So if you want to buy Tao on the market once it's open you'll be able to hook up your bank account, deposit USD and buy Tao directly, or you'll be able to deposit BTC and trade to an alt and buy with the alt, possibly including ETH. If you want to buy ODBcoin you will have to buy Tao first, no other option once the sale ends. Same with future initial artist token offerings.  

Should be interesting to see it.  In the mean time, I'm hearing electrum servers are up and running and one of the community members is working on an android wallet to be released soon.

throwawaytao

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:59:03 PM

USD/TAO
TAO/alts

Makes sense to me.

Let me restate in full to clarify. Hopefully this will make sense to you.

Currently ODBcoin can be purchased during the sale by anyone with an account on AltMarket. Deposits are currently limited to ETH, BTC, and USD, with TAO coming shortly. This is just for the purpose of purchasing ODBcoin for the duration of the sale which ends in February. I believe Tao gives you a 5% discount, the same as what you get if you signed up to the pre-sale notification email opt-in that was up on the site before Dec 1st when the sale began.

After the sale is over, there will be the audit which will be concluded sometime between mid February and March 1st to my understanding. I'm not sure if trading will become available to the public before or after the end of the audit, but at the latest it sounds like it should be very soon after the end of the audit.

Once full trading is open to everyone, Tao will be the base for trading pairs for either most or for all alts on the market, and definitely will be the exclusive base for ODBcoin and all future icon token trading pairs.  

I believe BTC will be a base for some alts, but it will not be for any of the icon tokens, and would also not be a base for Tao in the proposed scenario. I'm not sure if BTC would be traded with TAO as the base, but I'm assuming most likely not in this scenario.  ETH will be the base for some alts but none of the icon tokens. I'm not sure if Bryce is considering decoupling from ETH, so possibly you might have it as the base for TAO.

So if you want to buy Tao on the market once it's open you'll be able to hook up your bank account, deposit USD and buy Tao directly, or you'll be able to deposit BTC and trade to an alt and buy with the alt, possibly including ETH. If you want to buy ODBcoin you will have to buy Tao first, no other option once the sale ends. Same with future initial artist token offerings.  

Should be interesting to see it.  In the mean time, I'm hearing electrum servers are up and running and one of the community members is working on an android wallet to be released soon.

Uh huh. So you can't currently even use TAO for it's ostensible main purpose, is that right?

But "in the future", altmarket won't be offering icon token sales with anything but TAO, but obviously there's no way to stop other platforms from doing so, or from OTC sales to happen? Or, if this isn't possible, what's the difference from said tokens just being stored in a centralised database at altmarket? Just the blockchain buzzword?

It just seems weird to me that if the point of TAO is to be the single point of entry for icon tokens, that it, well, isn't. Instead TAO/OBD is, at launch, not even an option.

It also seems weird to me how often and how many times the ostensible plan, deadlines, goals etc. have changed since the original launch of TAO. And I mean they haven't been small changes, but pretty radical differences.
Samwise_smells_a_scam

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:06:07 PM

The HQ:

http://i66.tinypic.com/13ykoib.jpg
Samwise_smells_a_scam

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:14:15 PM

The CEO gets to park in front  Wink
Samwise_smells_a_scam

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:20:42 PM

"Life among the stars"
presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:26:38 PM

Cheesy

North Hollywood... It's like better than Hollywood, because its north of it. Its like the Hollywood Hills and shit. I bet Madonna lives next door. Can't make a token of her yet though because she's still alive.

What the hell are people supposed to do with ODB Coin again? Like, look at it in their wallet and say, "I remember how cool Ol Dirty Bastard was..."

And of course they're not accepting TAO for it, because TAO is officially worthless.
Samwise_smells_a_scam

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:30:55 PM

Bryce that awning gonna be an OSHA
Samwise_smells_a_scam

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:45:08 PM

Bryce don't leave anything valuable in your truck
Samwise_smells_a_scam

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:57:10 PM

When is Young MC coin launching?? Can I buy with USD or BTC??
emsidi

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 04:04:05 PM

I think this is very good, because with the IAO legally obedient, musicians can better protect their copyrights.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 04:33:19 PM

Cheesy

North Hollywood... It's like better than Hollywood, because its north of it. Its like the Hollywood Hills and shit. I bet Madonna lives next door. Can't make a token of her yet though because she's still alive.

What the hell are people supposed to do with ODB Coin again? Like, look at it in their wallet and say, "I remember how cool Ol Dirty Bastard was..."

And of course they're not accepting TAO for it, because TAO is officially worthless.

+1 lmfaooo  Cheesy  weee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: