Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92987 times)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 08:46:32 PM

I know they make them easier to read when going between large fonts in images to small text between.  Kiss

Perhaps you should make smaller images then?

I cap them and resize and shrink the file sizes a bit in the process, aiming for 1400 width because if the images are too small it's hard to read, especially since you can't zoom images the same way that text zooms. You see, I actually do things to try to be helpful, unlike your "contributions" and those of the other dips who keep posting blather trying desperately to bury the actual content I post.

Let's consider something, shall we? What if -- and I know this is crazy talk -- but what if it actually were possible to buy radio ads and to pay the required amount to reach a specific number of listeners in a large market.  

Let's just say someone paid specifically to reach 1,000,000 pairs of ears, and did it in the San Francisco area, where there are a lot of tech-savvy people.

Given a standard 0.4% radio ad response rate, that would be 4,000 people responding to the ad.

Given the minimum USD deposit is $25, that would be $100,000 of new demand, yes?

Those ads reach 1,000,000 pairs of ears per day. For a month.

Personally I'd sooner buy a Lifelock, a book on how to invest in silver, or car insurance from the General. The crossover you are going to experience from an ad on a Urban Adult Contemporary radio station is likely to be nil. But I know the point of you writing this isn't for the radio listeners, its for random passerbys of this thread, hoping _they_ will be the ones doing the investing. Seems like its pretty dead in here outside of 4 critics and yourself. you should probably hire one of those Russian thread commenting services to make this place look more lively.

Bryce's reply to his own tweet should have said, "Buy Tao, while it still has a price!"

when Bryce gets face tattoos.. ill buy  Cool weee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
throwawaytao

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 08:15:25 AM

And now the exchange is down.

Apparently unplanned, or at least in no way communicated.

And it's not even competently down (i.e. replaced by a static webpage explaining the outage, for how long it will last, and why it is necessary).
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 09:02:16 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2019, 10:50:19 AM by ACGCrypto

And it's not even competently down (i.e. replaced by a static webpage explaining the outage, for how long it will last, and why it is necessary).

It was communicated on the 23rd on Twitter. https://twitter.com/_altmarket/status/1109601843657633792?s=20

Virtually everyone using the exchange currently, prior to the ads running, knew about it already.

You know, for someone who isn't interested, you sure pay a hell of a lot of attention to things. Even checking up on the site. Got an account yet?

I actually do things to try to be helpful, unlike your "contributions" and those of the other dips who keep posting blather trying desperately to bury the actual content I post.

Let's consider something, shall we? What if -- and I know this is crazy talk -- but what if it actually were possible to buy radio ads and to pay the required amount to reach a specific number of listeners in a large market.  

Let's just say someone paid specifically to reach 1,000,000 pairs of ears, and did it in the San Francisco area, where there are a lot of tech-savvy people.

Given a standard 0.4% radio ad response rate, that would be 4,000 people responding to the ad.

Given the minimum USD deposit is $25, that would be $100,000 of new demand, yes?

Those ads reach 1,000,000 pairs of ears per day. For a month.

Personally I'd sooner buy a Lifelock, a book on how to invest in silver, or car insurance from the General. The crossover you are going to experience from an ad on a Urban Adult Contemporary radio station is likely to be nil. But I know the point of you writing this isn't for the radio listeners, its for random passerbys of this thread, hoping _they_ will be the ones doing the investing.

You really think that a major radio station in the San Francisco area, home of Silicon Valley, playing Urban Adult Contemporary would not have listeners who would be interested in an officially licensed Wu-Tang Clan/'Ol Dirty Bastard cryptocurrency??

"The crossover... is likely to be nil" I mean, are you serious? Did you say that out loud before you typed it? I mean, seriously. You're hilarious. Cheesy

Obviously I'm not writing this for the radio listeners, how would that make sense? Yes, I hope people have the sense to read what is in the thread, note that I am presenting facts and logical arguments unlike yourself, and grab some before the normies are brought in by the radio ads. You seem to be implying I'm trying to dump on them, but why would I want to sell my Tao so cheaply?  Roll Eyes

Your refusal or inability to actually answer the question I asked above demonstrates you don't get it. I've been uncharitable and said you were dim, but to be fair you're not dumb. But you are blinding yourself to the truth.

After San Francisco will be ads running later this year in LA, Anaheim, San Diego, Boulder, Denver, Cincinnati, Chigago, Nashville, Atlanta, and New York City.  There are six more artists lined up to do their own coins this year, covering different genres and matching some markets better than others. Every coin launched and every ad run will drive more money into the Tao ecosystem.

No current crypto traders required for it to be a success, but I hope plenty come along for the ride.

Then there's the first Infinity Fest happening next year. Man, I can't wait to see how it's all doing by the end of 2020. Should be amazing.  Grin

Join us.  Smiley

khufra

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 09:44:03 AM

Its so nice that you are already at Altmarket
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 03:46:50 PM

poof!  Smiley  lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
throwawaytao

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 04:58:48 PM

http://acgimg.s3.amazonaws.com/AM-down-update-2019-03-23.jpg
It was communicated on the 23rd on Twitter. https://twitter.com/_altmarket/status/1109601843657633792?s=20

Virtually everyone using the exchange currently, prior to the ads running, knew about it already.

You know, for someone who isn't interested, you sure pay a hell of a lot of attention to things. Even checking up on the site. Got an account yet?

So did that message come up before or after the page went down? Was it a planned outage? Was there any message posted beforehand? Why not?

When is it coming back up?

Why isn't there anything but an SSL error on the actual page?
ACGCrypto

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:53:59 AM

AltMarket & Tao co-founder Kamal Hubbard talking today about AM and Tao at the SF ACFE Spring Conference 2019 – Innovation in Fraud Prevention

https://sfacfe.com/2019/02/21/sf-acfe-spring-conf-2019-innovation-in-fraud-prevention-detection-and-investigation-2-0/

Community member Roy2K was in attendance and will be posting video once he's done editing and uploading. Will update the thread with a link.

Cryptao

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

The Tao of Crypto

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 12:12:16 PM

So did that message come up before or after the page went down? Was it a planned outage? Was there any message posted beforehand? Why not?

In the Slack channel Bryce posted that he's working on the website. He even made a "Be right Back!" page. I don't think you should be worried, official launch was originally planned in April, wasn't it??
throwawaytao

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:02:30 PM

http://acgimg.s3.amazonaws.com/AM-down-update-2019-03-23.jpg

In the Slack channel Bryce posted that he's working on the website. He even made a "Be right Back!" page. I don't think you should be worried, official launch was originally planned in April, wasn't it??

Launch was planned in July of last year.
presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:20:52 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2019, 01:37:00 PM by presduterte

Personally I'd sooner buy a Lifelock, a book on how to invest in silver, or car insurance from the General. The crossover you are going to experience from an ad on a Urban Adult Contemporary radio station is likely to be nil. But I know the point of you writing this isn't for the radio listeners, its for random passerbys of this thread, hoping _they_ will be the ones doing the investing.

You really think that a major radio station in the San Francisco area, home of Silicon Valley, playing Urban Adult Contemporary would not have listeners who would be interested in an officially licensed Wu-Tang Clan/'Ol Dirty Bastard cryptocurrency??

Yeah, I really think that! Who gives a shit about a dead celebrity coin? What does it _do_ that every single other shitcoin can't do? It's neat? It's fun? I would sooner buy an ODB bobble head, because at least its real, but I'm not about to do that either.

Remember when Bryce was confidently saying "buy my coin" when it was 3x-4x higher than it is now? Oh, sorry, he was saying "You will buy my coin." … What a terrible ass investment move that would have been.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
ACGCrypto

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:36:45 PM

He's not worried, he's a troll who is a bit obsessed with this project. You're better off ignoring him since he never contributes anything to the thread except very low-effort concern trolling.  

Bryce has never given definitive or specific dates for the launch of AM prior to the Google Hangout earlier this month when he announced the initial opening of the exchange and the April promotion. The trolls like to misrepresent this, but I was very clear every time I posted updates as to how certain I was about any previous date, but the trolls chose to ignore those details. And lots of other details, really. They're a bit sad.

Either way, the exchange has been updated by Bryce's developers and is back online ready to go for the April month-long promotion on KBLX for AltMarket, ODBcoin, and Tao.

Right on the heels of the April promotions will be the Showtime documentary on the Wu-Tang Clan that's coming in May:
https://www.sho.com/wu-tang-clan-of-mics-and-men

Should be really interesting to see what happens to the price of a super-scarce, officially licensed Wu-Tang crypto - just 13,808 that will ever exist - after a month-long promotion followed by a high profile documentary on the band.  Shocked Cool

ACGCrypto

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:42:18 PM

He's not worried, he's a troll who is a bit obsessed with this project. You're better off ignoring him since he never contributes anything to the thread except very low-effort concern trolling.  

Bryce has never given definitive or specific dates for the launch of AM prior to the Google Hangout earlier this month when he announced the initial opening of the exchange and the April promotion. The trolls like to misrepresent this, but I was very clear every time I posted updates as to how certain I was about any previous date, but the trolls chose to ignore those details. And lots of other details, really. They're a bit sad.

Either way, the exchange has been updated by Bryce's developers and is back online ready to go for the April month-long promotion on KBLX for AltMarket, ODBcoin, and Tao.

Right on the heels of the April promotions will be the Showtime documentary on the Wu-Tang Clan that's coming in May:
https://www.sho.com/wu-tang-clan-of-mics-and-men

Should be really interesting to see what happens to the price of a super-scarce, officially licensed Wu-Tang crypto - just 13,808 that will ever exist - after a month-long promotion followed by a high profile documentary on the band.  Shocked Cool

This just posted to the Slack: the KBLX promo starts Saturday! I'll post more details as they're available.  Smiley

PresidentDixon

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 03:12:08 PM

Yeah, I really think that! Who gives a shit about a dead celebrity coin? What does it _do_ that every single other shitcoin can't do? It's neat? It's fun? I would sooner buy an ODB bobble head, because at least its real, but I'm not about to do that either.

Remember when Bryce was confidently saying "buy my coin" when it was 3x-4x higher than it is now? Oh, sorry, he was saying "You will buy my coin." … What a terrible ass investment move that would have been.

https://i.imgur.com/CK3ij0B.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Imagine clinging onto price to back up your argument when a single buy order would put it back at all time high. I honestly don't think you've had any real world fintech experience if you find adjustments to a recently launched webpage/platform to be abnormal. Community work is being done, testing is in the works, products are being developed. Go and enjoy the altseason, come back when there's a real problem

Just some context from the real world. https://twitter.com/bchesky/status/312438036929576962?lang=en
ACGCrypto

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:38:11 PM

The ads have begun running on KBLX for the Blockchain For All conference on April 12, sponsored by Tao and the AltMarket.

Listen to the ad here:
http://cagechain.com/2019/04/02/kblx-radio-blockchain-for-all/

and here is more info on KBLX's website:

https://kblx.com/event/blockchain-for-all/

ACGCrypto

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 10:47:42 PM

Kimmie Tee, one of the morning drive DJs on KBLX has started tweeting about Tao and AltMarket, and even made it part of her profile:

https://twitter.com/kblxkimmie/status/1113819721583874049?s=21

https://twitter.com/kblxkimmie/status/1113822210676805632?s=21

https://twitter.com/kblxkimmie/status/1113469496398712833?s=21

https://twitter.com/kblxkimmie/status/1113830217376649216?s=21

Kimmie, welcome to the Tao family!

If you visit the thread here on Bitcointalk, don't mind the resident trolls. They don't get it like you do!  Cheesy

cableguy99

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:20:26 PM

presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 12:46:23 PM

Imagine clinging onto price to back up your argument when a single buy order would put it back at all time high. I honestly don't think you've had any real world fintech experience if you find adjustments to a recently launched webpage/platform to be abnormal. Community work is being done, testing is in the works, products are being developed. Go and enjoy the altseason, come back when there's a real problem

This project seems to be devoid of any actual investors. Good luck finding that "single buy order," seems to be too much to ask  Cheesy

I think I'll stick around. Everything Bryce ever touches turns to shit, and its been fun watching this turd catch fire and liquify beneath the surface of the earth. Funny, if "Altmarket" was the one real legal exchange thanks to Wiener's totally official government filings and extensive shoulder-rubbing with guys in expensive suits, you think it would be listed on CMC... Hmm.
PresidentDixon

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:26:49 AM

https://imgur.com/EsSjXhk

pocket change

CMC will come when the API's are up. ODB just did a 30x so guess that radio ad to has done an okay job so far  Grin

Based on that, only liquified turds I've seen are your posts. Glad you're sticking around though, we seem to hit another milestone every time you complain!
Samwise_smells_a_scam

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 05:50:47 PM

Those radio ads were a great idea!  Wink

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/4/23/a4833219b158e7a2ab09489810a5d7bf-full.jpg

Newspaper ads coming soon!   Grin
Samwise_smells_a_scam

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 06:05:26 PM

You guys need a director of cryptoeconomy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: