Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:22:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?)  (Read 474726 times)
asmotao

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 03:46:10 PM

Just like a bunch of other people I need to get a PM to Slush to get whitelisted after this DDoS debacle. I run multiple 2 Gh/s miners and this is costing me real money.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
demsale

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:50:48 PM

Hi, I'd like out of here, I'm already mining, and would like to post in the selling section to buy as well as sell items for bitcoins, as well as messaging other users to purchase from them.
wildcard0

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:02:02 PM

Hi,

I'm a sysadmin for a relatively large website (quantcast top 100), and I'd like to participate in the DDoS discussion.  I have some techniques for tarpitting that I use in production and that I'd be happy to share with the forum and pool admins if I'm allowed to post somewhere that they'll look.

Thanks
Ticker

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:27:45 PM

I also have to write a PM to slush. I recently started mining and now my machines are only fasting power because I cannot mine for bitcoin.cz That sucks and is even less environmental, please help quick!
Sonofsuns

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:37:03 PM

Hi,

I have just implemented Bitcoin on my website homevpn.com which offers VPN connections based on OpenVPN. I would like to discuss technical solutions with people on this board ... and let people now that we are now accepting Bitcoins Wink. Please let me out of here... Grin.

Cheers

SoS
drakesword

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:49:07 PM

I'm a software developer who is looking for a market for bitcoin related trade software. I would like to get a feel for who would use it and how much one would pay for it.

The idea is to automate small transactions at Mt.Gox and potentially take advantage of the current market fluctuation.
sirdir

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:25:06 PM

I'd like to be able to write personal messages so I could send slush my IP to be able to mine again...

Regards
Patrick
vx609e

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:28:16 PM

Hi,

I'm a hardware developer interested in contributing to the FPGA/ASIC effort. Please add me to white list.

Thanks,
vx609e
nux

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:30:05 PM

I'm having some issues with the software described here:  http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=5506.0

I'd like to post my errors, along with giving him some debugging data to help work it out.

Please let me out of here =)
skyscraper

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:11:11 PM

I need to get in touch with gpurig. I read his offer and I am very interested. I need to reply to his post.

Please get me out of here.

Cheers.
styrfoem

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:13:44 PM

another whitelist request. been around awhile, but post rarly, an feel to would be counter productive to spam the newbies just run up my number of post to allow me into the mining and technical support section... would like to post under the mining discussion as i am mining and have a few comments.

thanks
khamark

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:23:56 PM

Hi Atlas,

I registered some days ago to the forum but i write rarely, now i'm in need to post on the continuum topic 'cause i would like to ask some questions since the service have been down for a while...please take me out of here
brom333

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:29:40 PM

Hello,
I have been mining for a couple of weeks and would like to comment in the discussion section. Like others, I did not want to post needlessly in the newbie section to talk in other forums. Thank you for your consideration Smiley

MTerzza

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:33:17 PM

Requesting whitelist permission.
I've written a Chrome extension to aid in monitoring BitCoin market prices. I wrote it for myself primarily, but have tidied it up as I think others may find it useful:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bkjcngcenokaadmhbmcokmkanjibmmje?hl=en

It's totally free and I'd like to share it with the BitCoin community and, if possible, get some feedback to help improve it.
I'd prefer not to spam this newbie sandbox, just for the sake of it

Thanks.
upisdown

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:40:08 PM

I wish to help bring legitimacy to the currency by selling my art with bitcoins. I figure more legal vendors the better.

Thanks for your consideration.

Xaq

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 09:19:24 PM

Hi,

I'd like to request back into the forums. I am co-developer / owner of www.BitJAM.org and I need to respond to some inquiries on our thread in the mining section.

Cheers,
Xaq

LLam

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:29:32 PM

i will send my ips to user "slush" cause his pool is ddos-ed and my ips on black list Sad i can send him pm pls let me to do that.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:42:06 PM

Add me in the whitelist, please. I'm not a spammer.

P.S. Such a registration system is ridiculous. Why not complicate the captcha, or not to use pre-moderation of messages from new users? %)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:55:48 PM

Add me in the whitelist, please. I'm not a spammer.

P.S. Such a registration system is ridiculous. Why not complicate the captcha, or not to use pre-moderation of messages from new users? %)
For the thousandth time, this has nothing to do with spam. It's because the regular members were tired of seeing the same threads every single day. For their sake and yours, we made this forum.

ezl

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:02:55 PM

I want out of here.  I am working on a simulated trading exchange and am trying to get a handle on what the ideal order entry and margining behavior is.

This is the post I want to post:

Current standard: Mt Gox, then an extension to margin systems

Case 1:
Bitcoins trading $20 USD.
Sarah has 100 USD and 3 BTC in her account.

Sarah submits an offer to sell 2 BTC at 22.00. What should happen if Sarah tries submits a second offer to sell 2 BTC at 22.00?

On MtGox, her orderbook will be:
offer 2 @ 22.00 (Active)
offer 1 @ 23.00 (Active)
offer 1 @ 23.00 (Insufficient funds)

So far so good. 

Now lets extend this example.

Case 2 (extends Case 1):
Now, Sarah submits an offer to sell 1.5 BTC at 21.  What happens? The resulting orderbook:
offer 1.5 @ 21.00 (Active)
offer 1.5 @ 22.00 (Active)
offer 0.5 @ 22.00 (Insufficient funds)
offer 2.0 @ 23.00 (Insufficient funds)

What's good about this?
This seems to make intuitive sense.  The engine allows you to submit any amount of bids/offers, independent of your account value.  The only order that get inserted into the public order book (and thus have any possibility of getting executed) are those that your current account would be able to support (i.e. the total number of bitcoins you have, assuming you get filled on orders in price priority).

I _like_ this behavior, but I'm not sure its "right".

Whats possibly questionable about this?

I'm not sure how this is implemented on the backend, would like to hear from anyone who knows more. Please correct me if I'm incorrect about the behavior.

• 1. The way I'm thinking about it, it can lead to situations where Sarah might believe she will sell 4 BTC if the price rises to 23.  If I put in consecutive orders to sell a total of 5.5 BTC when I only have 3 BTC, it doesn't reject the orders.  Sarah is confused about the total quantity she can get filled on.  Obviously she can just look to see how much of the order is exposed on the Mt Gox order dashboard, but that can be cumbersome (Read on before you write this off as "solved by not being lazy").
  • 2. Lets keep the 2nd example above where Sarah has 0.5BTC offered @ 22.00USD and 2.00BTC offered @ 23.00USD. Now she deposits 10 BTC.  Is the balance of her order now exposed?  What if in the interim, BTC has rallied to $30USD?  Does her 22 offer get exposed (i.e. sell at market?).  I have a feeling some users would be upset if a dormant order went market due to a new deposit.  Does anyone know how this behaves on MtGox?
  • 3. The real reason why #1 is questionable is in a case where its not so simple.  Say her limit isn't only selling the total number of BTC she owns, but she can be short BTC in a margin account that is determined by her net liquidation value.  This net liquidation value is constantly in flux, so the amount of BTC she can sell varies with the market.  At any given time, she actually does not know how much of her sell order she can get filled on.
  • 4. Similarly, #2 can get screwy in situations where the exposed percentage of the order changes with Net Liq.  She could be arbitrarily going market on BTC orders as her Net Liq rises (say, as a result of some other options position she has).

IMO, #3 and #4 are unambiguously undesirable behavior.  However, they're not exposed as issues unless 1. there are other assets affecting the portfolio value, 2. margin is allowed.

How to solve this? I.e. what _is_ the desired behavior?

Lets imagine I have a portfolio that contains BTC, USD, and {some other stuff that can change rapidly, and with very little correlation to BTC/USD * }

Now, I have sufficient Net Liq to allow me to buy 50 BTC, so I put in an order to buy 50 BTC, slightly below the market.  As the market goes down, my Net Liq goes down and I can now only support buying 45 BTC (and as we got down more, it will be less).  However, my order was for 50 BTC.

As outlined in #3 above, it seems problematic to start hiding parts of the order (I don't know how much order I'm actually going to get filled on. Rather have a set quantity).  Additionally, this is sort of a stupid behavior for an exchange to allow and its computationally intensive to do this for every order in the sytem.

So is CANCELING the entire order an acceptable response?

Considerations:
  • 1. If we were to just allow the order to get filled up to the allowable amount by the Net Liq/Margin comparison, it would possibly be very near to getting liquidated by a margin call.  Strike against dynamically adjusting the exposed order quantity.
  • 2. Dynamically adjusting the size also messes with the public order book so other users may *think* that there is a bid below, but as we approach the bid, it disappears. Strike against dynamically adjusting the exposed order quantity.
  • 3. Canceling could annoy people. What if it dips down, then rallies back up.  My order was cancelled, so if it dips back down again and now I DO have the available funds to support the order, I might miss the opportunity.

I'm leaning towards CANCEL, because there is clarity about quantity and it messes with the orderbook less, which I think is more important than the annoyance of having orders cancelled.

Consequence:
If we do away with dynamically adjusting the exposed order size, you can no longer submit orders outside the market that you wouldn't be able to sustain (i.e. Sarah's second offer in case 1 would be REJECTED because she has 3 BTC but tried to sell 2 + 2).  THIS IS HOW MOST ACTUAL BROKERAGES BEHAVE. However that does away with the behavior at Mt Gox in Case 2, which allows you to submit BETTER offers/bids that take priority over your previous ones.  For example, it seems like it'd be good behavior to allow Sarah with 3 BTC to offer 2 @ 24, then 2 @ 23, then 2 @ 22 --> then have the resulting order be the most competitive of the orders (i.e. at least the offer at 22 will be represented).

However, this is less _explicit_ and I think I'm willing to sacrifice nicety for clarity, especially when dealing with money.

Would appreciate feedback, suggestions, ideas, cookies and/or other fresh baked goods.

-----------------------------------------

* Near expiration short binary options ** that are pinning their strike, for example.  Whatever you want. The only relevant characteristic about that is that it can make my net liquidation value rise or fall dramatically with relatively small changes in the price of BTC/USD.

** Binary options can trade from any price from 0 to 1, and settle to either 0 or 1 depending on the underlying price at settlement time.  Think of its value as "The probability than the underlying price will be above X at some future time t".  At settlement time, that probability is either 0 or 1.  At any prior time, its somewhere in between.  I'm using this example because it lets my portfolio value change dramatically to illustrate the case of a user's Net Liqudiation Value changing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 313 »
  Print  

Jump to: