Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 01:48:05 AM

Just one sincere thing James:

I understand that you cannot value BTCD at X10 of current prices for the ico, but the value of 0.0053 seems to me too low. Lots of people have trust in you all this time, buying lots of BTCD upper that level, and I think they deserve a bigger reward from you.

I'm not telling to value BTCD at X10, but the current valuation is too low.

Always remember the ones who have been loyal and benefit them, that's a key rule in finance man...

but why would anyone invest in btc than?

I think you can look at the age of the input. Anything in an address older than the swap announce gets the higher rate. The believers.

It's certainly possible to do this. Not that anyone is really owed anything. Investing in crypto coin is a 100% at risk endeavor.

staking uses up all the coinage, so all active stakers wont have any long coinage.
however, this is a good idea. It would be possible to trace back to how long the funds have been in an address.

Unfortunately I dont have time to work on such analysis, so if people continue to expect me to do everything including this, then it will cause delays. If there is just an analysis, we can consider allocating a long term holder's bonus in the event the ICO sells out.

However, until there is such an analysis made, it is a moot point and without the analysis we cant even evaluate the amount of funds that would be required. The biggest time will be how to allocate rewards based on this long term holding. Clearly I am not the one to determine this.

So, if BTCD people want something like this there needs to be an analysis done, and a proposed way to allocate X amount of bonus. Then and only then can I assess it with the understanding that it has to fit into the ICO process, which means to be triggered at the high end of funds raised.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 01:54:28 AM

Thank you for the FAQ. To confirm: BTCD submitted for swap will be credited as Komodo IN THE ICO USER ACCOUNT area, for withdrawal as normal afterwards?
If this is the case, BTCD holders will need to open an account before the ICO is over, or else ICO account creation will need to continue after funds are no longer being collected.
Just useful to clarify these points, thanks.
Close.

The BTCD swap process is different, so we want to deploy a modified ICO site that handles redeems to a different address. This allows privacy oriented people to just combine all their outputs to one of their addresses and then redeem from that address to receive komodo at the corresponding address.

In order to support withdrawing from an exchange address and get credit at any specified address, you are correct, we would need to make a login site to handle this. This might not be available immediately after the ICO, but it has most usefulness after exchange trading has started as then you can register your exchange deposit address, get a redeem address and withdraw from exchange to the redeem address and get back komodo in the exchange. All without any local wallet or blockchain.

Since there is a one year redemption period, there isnt the extreme time urgency for this, so it will likely be done as we can get it done without impacting the time critical things. This means if you want to swap in the fastest way, please use your local BTCD address.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 03:22:36 AM

Hi guys i got a question. Will komodo use the btc blockchain similar to factom?
factom's factoids allow anybody to store data in BTC chain via using a data layer, which is a nice thing to plug into existing corporate infrastructure.

however it is not decentralized so you have the problem of whose data do the other nodes rely on. The elected notary nodes solves this issue and as a group they are writing data to the BTC blockchain.

So in a way it is similar, komodo is using a consensus based notary group writing to the BTC blockchain directly. I have no need of a data layer to write to the BTC chain.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 04:28:53 AM

I have read the whole fucking thread and i'm still confused what's going on. First, i like James. I have had personal contact with him and i did some stuff for the Supernet network and he seems to be an honest guy full of ideas and devoted to build something.

But i don't know about this. The idea is perfect, but i can fully understand that there are people who are shouting that he didn't finished one of his projects. Maybe he did, i don't know really. I have a lot of BTCD's and maybe i'm gonna dump them or maybe i'm gonna switch them....i don't know. Personally i would like to see something real....and that was not an attack to James, but to all devs out there. ICO this, ICO that, pump here, dump there. ETH completely failing after a promising start (don't get me wrong, i did not invest in it).

The whole crypto currency world is too shady now a days. Hopefully James or any other dev can show us some real thing like Satoshi did in 2009.

throughout the thread it was hinted at that there would be a working something before the start of ICO. don't know what post though - it was the original poster who said it somewhere.

that would be ideal - the project would probably get a lot more funds raised if something noob friendly was usable before ICO.
hint?

I am saying that iguana is functioning at the command line level for a while now with most of the bitcoin rpc http://docs.supernet.org working, and about a dozen coins can be parallel synced. Though if you are syncing 5 coins at once there seems to be some issue. So if an iguana can sync 1 coin in parallel, but not 5, is it "completed"?

Also, we are right now testing a pure HTML/JS GUI and it is open for anybody to see it in action. There is no need to trust me on this. Both the iguana core and GUI are open source and can be built and run.

For making it noob friendly, we are working on installers, though for the type of tech we are making I hope people are not basing their decision on the presence or absence of an installer?

Also, please keep in mind that until zcash runs on windows, it is unlikely komodo will. However, we do have iguana working on some variants of windows, but it still has some issues for other versions. Since Win10 is able to run unix natively, this should be less and less of an issue, especially if the zcashd can run in the unix mode of Win10

If a project doesnt work with all versions of windows, but works on unix, osx and some versions of windows, is it "completed"?

We are working on making a end user testing version for iguana to be made available before the ICO starts. Given a wide coverage and bug reports, we can iterate that to make it more and more solid. All of the millions of projects that I supposedly started are in my 100,000 line codebase, ie. its one single project with a lot of functionality.

If a single project has many use cases, is it dozens of different projects? I think maybe the confusion is that I am making something that is similar to an OS. But what is an operating system without any applications? How to even know if the OS is working without any applications? So to make an OS, you need to make a few reference applications. And if an idea for a new application happens, does that fit within the framework of the OS, or does it somehow fragment the OS?

My assessment is that crypto needs a common framework for efficient development, if not all of crypto, at least I do. If a solution is being created to be able to build many different solutions, then many different solutions needs to be created on that system to make sure it can handle it. Otherwise you end up with limited scope speciality solutions that dont handle one or more types of problems that need to be handled.

I have a platform level solution that allows efficient solving of all the crypto's bottlenecks toward mainstream adoption. THAT is what I have been working on all this time. And dPoW is a vital part for this as it enables securing otherwise weak chains that wouldnt be secure enough to store any significant value.

Combined with iguana that speaks bitcoin protocol and can interface to many coins at once and atomic cross chain exchanges, a network of bitcoin secured chains that can atomic swap with any other is created. In order to reduce the friction of these cross chain swaps, funded Liquidity Provider nodes are needed. The advantage is that instead of having to wait for a day (or more) for side chains, the swaps can be done within a few coin confirmations (even less for low value swaps)

Maybe someone with graphic skills that can understand the overall architecture can present this information in a graphic? I do not have these graphics skills.

flyer88

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 08:04:46 AM

Which price will be used for the BTCD swap after the ICO? The price of the market on exchanges or the average price of the ICO(collected BTC/total KMD quantity)?
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:13:25 AM

Which price will be used for the BTCD swap after the ICO? The price of the market on exchanges or the average price of the ICO(collected BTC/total KMD quantity)?

Currently it is the average price of btcd during Aug + 50% premium (0.005325 off the top of my head) and that will put into the ico. Then it will be split based on amount raised.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 08:19:25 AM

The BTCD swap price will only be adjusted by the -5% per year to compensate for staking relative to the initial conversion price. One possibility would have been to stake for 11 months 29 days and collect 5% more, but if everybody did that there wouldnt be enough komodo

So there is no benefit to holding beyond the conversion period due to the 5%, it is neutral though, so no cost either.

This 1 year conversion option allows each BTCD holder to decide when to convert.

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 08:47:43 AM

I think it's worth noting here that many coins go 3x on ICO market cap after launch. There are no guarantees of this, of course, and many factors involved. Ethereum and Waves were/are slow burners, others have gone 10x, but seen far more volatility.
Point is that BTCD investors get a 50% bonus, and then get to enjoy any price rise on ICO that comes from launch. If your concerns are solely financial, this seems like a pretty good deal to me.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:15:50 AM

I think it's worth noting here that many coins go 3x on ICO market cap after launch. There are no guarantees of this, of course, and many factors involved. Ethereum and Waves were/are slow burners, others have gone 10x, but seen far more volatility.
Point is that BTCD investors get a 50% bonus, and then get to enjoy any price rise on ICO that comes from launch. If your concerns are solely financial, this seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Good points. We certainly dont want to get into making any specific market predictions, but I think it makes sense to do a few hypothetical "dilution" scenarios.

For example at the max raised, over any other scenario, the BTCD holders arguably are "diluted" the most. Of course if the .0053 price is considered a fair price, there is absolutely no dilution, but there seems to be a sense that some massive price boost would have happened absent the conversion price.

Why?

Probably the general price increases of many other privacy oriented cryptos, you know what I am talking about. OK, so which komodo has a better chance to achieve 50% marketcap of the highest marketcap privacy crypto? The komodo which raised the max or half the max?

It is worth to note that if 50% of the highest marketcap can be reached, then it is indeed more than 3x gain from the max amount.

How likely is this? Well, that is a probability evaluation investors will have to make, especially if the funds raised starts growing toward the max amount.

What chance does komodo which uses the zcash zkp tech secured by bitcoin of achieving half the market cap?

And investors can wait to see a working testnet, working iguana GUI, to get a better handle on the technical risk. BTCD holders further get an entire year before making the conversion decision.

We have tried to make things as fair as possible for everyone and they say a good sign of a fair deal is that everybody is complaining.

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:25:12 AM

We have tried to make things as fair as possible for everyone and they say a good sign of a fair deal is that everybody is complaining.

You should try living in the UK. (Or maybe you already do. No one knows.)

The TL;DR here seems to be that BTCD investors get 50% bonus on ICO, plus any subsequent cap gains such as they may be. If they're zero, that's still 50%.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:27:59 AM

You should try living in the UK. (Or maybe you already do. No one knows.)

The TL;DR here seems to be that BTCD investors get 50% bonus on ICO, plus any subsequent cap gains such as they may be. If they're zero, that's still 50%.
and a revshare snapshot asset to preserve that part of the BTCD value

flyer88

Activity: 1177

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:40:05 AM

Only BTCD-Holders are complaining. So maybe you have to adjust sth.

Of course if the .0053 price is considered a fair price, there is absolutely no dilution, but there seems to be a sense that some massive price boost would have happened absent the conversion price.
No matter how you look at it. The Investors percentage of the total quantity will be diluted. The price is only speculation. Maybe youre right maybe not. It doesnt care.

..marcetcap assumptions..
I can put up some assumptions which will point to the other direction. And now? That is PR-Talk. Dont try to sell something.

Its okay if you need money for development. I dont think the community has a problem with that.  The Problem is HOW you do that. I dont feel that you try to find a solution with the BTCD-Holders. You argue against the doubts in PR-Mode.
riceberry

Activity: 491

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 09:48:51 AM

Iguana GUI preview:

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:51:39 AM

What is the situation for BTCD holders? How is this not abandonment?

I was wondering the same thing, is this essentially replacing it? Plus, out of interest how many ICOs has jl777 launched over the years?

BTCD, after doing nothing for two years, is being abandoned.  Turns out BTCD was just a research project, not a serious effort with long-term committed devs.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS   Cheesy

Now shut up and buy into Kodomo, the replacement scam.

These gullible bagholding chumps love to throw their money away into every new ICO scam jl777 hypes.

I warned them jl777 never finishes anything he starts.

I even predicted this exact thing would happen; it's obvious when you see his pattern of ICO-hype-abandon-repeat.

Nobody should have the slightest bit of sympathy for fools who keep the faith in their Dear Leader, after having been burned so many times.

NEW FLASH: SUPERNET is being abandoned in favor of jl777's new project SUPER-DUPER-ULTRANET!!!!   Grin
I know you must be worried about XMR future with all the zcash tech about to hit the market. Still is it too much to ask of you to stick to the facts?

How many dozen ICO's am I supposed to have done? How many projects did I start?

Komodo is a continuation of BTCD, it is part of SuperNET

also iguana core is done and even a GUI is in beta test now, how can that be true if I never finish anything? How long should it take to write a bitcoin protocol daemon from scratch, that does parallel sync and also supports multicoins?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:52:10 AM

I was wondering the same thing, is this essentially replacing it? Plus, out of interest how many ICOs has jl777 launched over the years?

Here's a (partial) list of ICOscam777 projects:

After spending hundreds of hours roaming this forum I must tell you I feel JL777 is the biggest scammer around.
The amount of BTC gathered for BTCD/superNET/NXT-assets issued by his gang is just horrendous.

And the feeling is like everybody is waiting for the miracle tech to come out if not today, tomorrow for sure.
Just scan the thread for BTCD, its almost, almost, almost there. It's finally coming together ... stuff like this on whatever page you chose.

But for BTCD in particular, I see the same wallet used for many months now. I know there is beta around, but it's almost 2 years since BTCD was born. 2 years.

From NXTforum:

(16) jl777's Group of Assets
Type: Dividend Paying

TOKEN (Unity) | ID: 15641806960898178066 | More Info | ACTIVE
sharkfund0 | ID: 3006420581923704757 | More Info | ACTIVE
SuperNET | ID: 12071612744977229797 | Forum | ACTIVE
NXTventure | ID: 16212446818542881180 | More Info | More info 2 | ACTIVE
InstantDEX | ID: 15344649963748848799 | More Info | Status
Privatebet | ID: 17083334802666450484 | More Info | Status
NXTprivacy | ID: 17911762572811467637 | More Info | Status
jl777hodl | ID: 6932037131189568014 | More Info | ACTIVE
Atomic | ID: 11694807213441909013 | More Info | Status
NeoDICE | ID: 18184274154437352348 | More Info | ACTIVE
NXTcoinsco (Tradebots) | ID: 17571711292785902558 | More Info | Status
cryptocard | ID: 7110939398145553585 | More Info | Status
Boost | ID: 9719950459730291994 | More Info | ACTIVE
SNN | ID: 15113552914305929842 | More Info | Status
SuperHODL | ID: 13120737659249432970 | More Info | Status
NXTforex | NA | NA | NA

(5) Joint Venture - Supernet, NXTventure

FreeMarket | ID: 134138275353332190 | More Info | ACTIVE
Omnigames | ID: 7441230892853180965 | More Info | Status
Pangea | ID: 6883271355794806507 | More Info | ACTIVE
Jay | ID: 8688289798928624137 | More Info | Status
Skynet | ID: 6854596569382794790 | More Info | Active
OpalToken | ID:  5326942574002986149 | More Info | Active

(9) Multigateways

MGW | ID: 10524562908394749924 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwBTC (Bitcoin) | ID: 4551058913252105307 | More Info | PHASING OUT
mgwBTC (Bitcoin) | ID: 17554243582654188572 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwBTCD (Bitcoindark) | ID: 11060861818140490423 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwLTC (Litecoin) | ID: 2881764795164526882 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwBC (Blackcoin) | ID: 7117580438310874759 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwVIA (Viacoin) | ID: 275548135983837356 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwDOGE (Dogecoin) | ID: 2303962892272487643 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwDRK (Darkcoin) | ID: 17353118525598940144 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE

Multiple coins are participating in SN, bought up by LJ (on investor's behalf of cause)
Aaaand there is new project born every day. And new ones after that. And some ideas for a brand few new ones in the middle.

Two years almost passed. InstantDEX is almost ready?

BTCD, after doing nothing for two years, is being abandoned.  Turns out BTCD was just a research project, not a serious effort with long-term committed devs.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS   Cheesy

These gullible bagholding chumps love to throw their money away into every new ICO scam jl777 hypes.

I even predicted this exact thing would happen; it's obvious when you see his pattern of ICO-hype-abandon-repeat.

Nobody should have the slightest bit of sympathy for fools who keep the faith in their Dear Leader, after having been burned so many times.

NEW FLASH: SUPERNET is being abandoned in favor of jl777's new project SUPER-DUPER-ULTRANET!!!!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:57:04 AM

Isn't it possible to ban ICEBREAKER from the thread? He's making stuff up as usual

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 09:59:17 AM

Here's a (partial) list of ICOscam777 projects:

After spending hundreds of hours roaming this forum I must tell you I feel JL777 is the biggest scammer around.
The amount of BTC gathered for BTCD/superNET/NXT-assets issued by his gang is just horrendous.

And the feeling is like everybody is waiting for the miracle tech to come out if not today, tomorrow for sure.
Just scan the thread for BTCD, its almost, almost, almost there. It's finally coming together ... stuff like this on whatever page you chose.

But for BTCD in particular, I see the same wallet used for many months now. I know there is beta around, but it's almost 2 years since BTCD was born. 2 years.

From NXTforum:

(16) jl777's Group of Assets
Type: Dividend Paying

TOKEN (Unity) | ID: 15641806960898178066 | More Info | ACTIVE
sharkfund0 | ID: 3006420581923704757 | More Info | ACTIVE
SuperNET | ID: 12071612744977229797 | Forum | ACTIVE
NXTventure | ID: 16212446818542881180 | More Info | More info 2 | ACTIVE
InstantDEX | ID: 15344649963748848799 | More Info | Status
Privatebet | ID: 17083334802666450484 | More Info | Status
NXTprivacy | ID: 17911762572811467637 | More Info | Status
jl777hodl | ID: 6932037131189568014 | More Info | ACTIVE
Atomic | ID: 11694807213441909013 | More Info | Status
NeoDICE | ID: 18184274154437352348 | More Info | ACTIVE
NXTcoinsco (Tradebots) | ID: 17571711292785902558 | More Info | Status
cryptocard | ID: 7110939398145553585 | More Info | Status
Boost | ID: 9719950459730291994 | More Info | ACTIVE
SNN | ID: 15113552914305929842 | More Info | Status
SuperHODL | ID: 13120737659249432970 | More Info | Status
NXTforex | NA | NA | NA

(5) Joint Venture - Supernet, NXTventure

FreeMarket | ID: 134138275353332190 | More Info | ACTIVE
Omnigames | ID: 7441230892853180965 | More Info | Status
Pangea | ID: 6883271355794806507 | More Info | ACTIVE
Jay | ID: 8688289798928624137 | More Info | Status
Skynet | ID: 6854596569382794790 | More Info | Active
OpalToken | ID:  5326942574002986149 | More Info | Active

(9) Multigateways

MGW | ID: 10524562908394749924 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwBTC (Bitcoin) | ID: 4551058913252105307 | More Info | PHASING OUT
mgwBTC (Bitcoin) | ID: 17554243582654188572 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwBTCD (Bitcoindark) | ID: 11060861818140490423 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwLTC (Litecoin) | ID: 2881764795164526882 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwBC (Blackcoin) | ID: 7117580438310874759 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwVIA (Viacoin) | ID: 275548135983837356 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwDOGE (Dogecoin) | ID: 2303962892272487643 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwDRK (Darkcoin) | ID: 17353118525598940144 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE

Multiple coins are participating in SN, bought up by LJ (on investor's behalf of cause)
Aaaand there is new project born every day. And new ones after that. And some ideas for a brand few new ones in the middle.

Two years almost passed. InstantDEX is almost ready?

BTCD, after doing nothing for two years, is being abandoned.  Turns out BTCD was just a research project, not a serious effort with long-term committed devs.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS   Cheesy

NEW FLASH: SUPERNET is being abandoned in favor of jl777's new project SUPER-DUPER-ULTRANET!!!!   Grin
I know you must be worried about XMR future with all the zcash tech about to hit the market. Still is it too much to ask of you to stick to the facts?

How many dozen ICO's am I supposed to have done? How many projects did I start?

Komodo is a continuation of BTCD, it is part of SuperNET

also iguana core is done and even a GUI is in beta test now, how can that be true if I never finish anything? How long should it take to write a bitcoin protocol daemon from scratch, that does parallel sync and also supports multicoins?

and you do know most of the assets in that list have never raised any funds at all, many of them are proxy assets used by MGW, internal holding assets.

Please stick to factual statements

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 10:02:38 AM

Isn't it possible to ban ICEBREAKER from the thread? He's making stuff up as usual
seems his sockpuppets got tired or something.
but I chose to not make a moderated thread as my believe is that intelligent people will be able to sort through the opposing views.

On the one hand, "jl777 never finishes anything"
on the other hand, screen shots from GUI that is open source and anybody can run and verify for themselves.

On the one hand, "jl777 abandons his projects"
on the other hand, there is a migration path for BTCD holders and all the projects tie into SuperNET.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 10:19:43 AM

USSA is pushing for backdoors into encryption: http://thedashtimes.com/2016/09/06/fbi-announces-post-election-attack-encryption/

What we are working toward is to protect people from losing all their privacy, with the best technology possible.

Clearly, I could have set things up to pump the BTCD price to personally make a lot of money. I didnt. That is not my goal.

They say that actions speak louder than words.

komodo will raise potentially a lot of money, that's true. However, compared to the resources the real opponents of crypto have, it is a rounding error on the passive interest they can make in a day.

To me, money is a tool. A tool that can be used to get things done. I have been in a position to run away with millions of dollars worth of crypto, for years. I havent.

The crypto world is fragmented and getting worse, this is by design. Of the opponents. iguana brings all the bitcoin compatibles into the same technical platform. dPoW will bring all participating blockchains to be in harmony with bitcoin, to extend bitcoin's domain.

Build from strength. In crypto, Bitcoin is the strongest and most secure, but it is slow to evolve. dPoW allows Bitcoin to continue its slow pace, while allowing an entire ecosystem of innovative crypto solutions to benefit from its PoW expenditures.

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 10:44:58 AM

The technlogy SuperNET is developing is not fictional, it is not an empty promise.

It is here! Verify the progress yourself!

github.com/jl777/SuperNET
docs.supernet.org (a list of iguana API)
SuperNET Slack channel #Iguana

- Iguana is functioning at the command line level
 - There is a team developing HTML/JS GUI (they post updates to #Iguana channel)
 - Both the iguana core and GUI are open source
 - Soon there will be installers, and a first release

Komodo ICO will bring more funds that are necessary to remove all the obstacles there are before we can get a mainstream adoption. But that is a long term plan.

With the short term, there are at least:
1) Iguana release
2) anonymous transactions
3) dPoW

We are working really hard to have the first Iguana release before the ICO starts. During ICO there will be a working dPoW in testnet. Finally, very soon after the ICO ends, we will get anonymous transactions.

What James has done during the past has not been a simple task. He has solved extremely hard problems. Here is what he just said about Iguana:

Took me 9 months to write iguana, the first multicoin parallel syncing bitcoin protocol daemon, including RPC, that compiles to 2MB. Is that slow? Not sure, but I know if I tried to find someone to do that, they would ask to fund a full dev team for at least that long. People dont realize the scale and difficulty of creating working backward compatible improvements to the state of art.

jl777 has given a detailed update about all the projects mentioned:

While I have done many projects, I think "dozens" is an exaggeration. Similarily your statement about no projects finished is a bit harsh.

jl777hodl is a holding fund for various crypto projects. As such it has been finished for years. It was the first asset that started trading and made history, this was something like 2 years ago. I would consider this finished.

MGW is multigateway.com and that also has been finished and in service for over a year. Since it is working and being used for over a year, I would consider that finished.

NXTventure is another one that has been finished for over a year. It has paid out in dividends more than I think any other NXT asset by value of dividends at the time it was sent out. Again, the future of NXTventure is hampered by all the changes with NXT that is out of my control, however I would consider NXTventure was completed.

SuperNET is a hybrid holding vehicle and technology incubator. At least that is one way to look at it. http://www.supernet.org/nav.php shows its current holdings and despite being hit by a 75% reduction in its NAV the first year (mostly due to NXT price decline and my not actively trading), the NAV has more than doubled to within striking distance of the original. This is achieved while paying for all the costs to run SuperNET out of the investment gains. Now what other project self-funds from investment gains that it makes?

I have issued more than a dozen proxy assets, such as mgwBTC and superBTC. These asset's function is to represent 1:1 the BTC to allow using the NXT AE to trade them via blockchain. I did this 2 years ago and I am pretty sure it was the first tokenDEX that allowed trading of crypto against crypto. This is 2 years ago, when just now we finally see other solutions of this kind appearing. I would consider these assets completed.

Iguana is a bitcoin daemon and wallet that can sync the entire BTC blockchain from scratch in 2 hours. It also can sync over a dozen other coins, all from a self-contained codebase that I wrote from scratch. Its codesize is about 3MB and it has been ported from unix to osx, win32, win64, android and chrome app. docs.supernet.org documents its API bindings and it is now in the final stages of debug and will be used as a component within komodo. I have seen some GUI that is looking pretty good and for basic wallet function and parallel sync it appears to be working, though I do the core level code and not the GUI so I cant speak for it in detail.

Is iguana completed? Not quite, but it is very close and I suggest you take a look at it. The source code has been open and available during the development process at https://github.com/jl777/SuperNET and you can see that I have been quite busy over the years. docs.supernet.org documents the API

crypto777: this is an ongoing technology revenue asset and as soon as project start generating revenues, it will too. It basically represents revenues from the technology that I do that doesnt already have an asset to encapsulate its revenues. In some sense it is done, just that the revenue streams are flowing yet. Maybe this is in an in-between state, but there was no ICO per se for this, so not sure if you have an issue with it.

Now to the real unfinished projects list, however please note that there was NO ICO for these and it was funded by small number of private investors, so I dont think it is fair for you to criticize them as an incomplete ICO, as they were not even ICO:

InstantDEX: easyDEX is in last stages of coding/debugging and is part of the overall solution of loosely coupled blockchains using atomic swaps. The full InstantDEX was mostly working last year(!) however due to disappearance of GUI dev combine with NXT increasing txfees dramatically while reducing the available space to store data, made an InstantDEX built on NXT uneconomic. Should InstantDEX have been finished by now? Yes. I made a mistake of building the InstantDEX on top of NXT, which is a platform that I had no voice in and when everything was changed and made it so a few of my projects became unviable, my protests were met with a "you should have known better". OK, so lesson learned and now I know better, I wrote iguana from scratch so its entirety I am in control. Never again will I be at the mercy of arbitrary changes that break backward compatibility and the fundamental economic model of a service I built on top of it.

Pangea: this is a decentralized poker service that is in a holding pattern now due to the retooling required to switch from a NXT based service to iguana based.

Tradebots/NXTcoinsco: part of this is in the process of being completed within the easyDEX framework, but again the shift from NXT based to iguana based was a delay factor.

NXTprivacy: this is mostly a deprecated asset due to my shift from NXT to iguana, but I do have a plan to infuse some life to it after the dust settles from the other projects. In any case it never did any ICO and didnt even do much of secondary trading on NXT AE, so its priority has been low.

Do you want me to list the projects that I didnt even raise funds from private investors and are just various technology projects that I have percolating? Not sure why you would have any complaints if I have a lot of projects in the research phase that I have not raised funds for.

I proposed an Asset Passport system, which is a way to protect asset issuer and holders by allowing them to migrate from chain to chain. This was actually the genesis of dPoW which evolved from the need to secure weak PoS chains. I never raised any funds for this.

I have proposed Teleport, Telepathy and PAX within the BTCD context, but I did not do any ICO to raise funds to develop this. Teleport at a high level is similar to zcash, in that there is a blackbox of bits representing the transaction, but the math behind the zero knowledge proofs is a step above anything else and I always want to use the best tech solution for my systems, even if it means replacing something I made. Telepathy is a network level privacy "mixer" and this will work on top of the komodo, of course it needs for komodo to be finalized and also its urgency is much less due to the strength of zcash tech. PAX has been coded to alpha level, but as an unfunded project has been back burnered and also waits for the full transition to iguana. Is it is disappointing that these things have not been completed yet? Sure, but I am just one guy coding away most days and many have advised me to get more help at the core level. The issue is I cant find any other C coders at my level who will work for anything less than a lot of money.

I am also providing free consulting for many projects, they just have to ask and I try to help as I can, which is usually with some technical ideas. I am not the one actually doing these projects though, so I hope you do not hold me responsible for any delivery status of all the projects I have helped with my advice.

I understand if you see all these projects and there isnt the level of success you want to see. After all if it was all finished and a big success I wouldnt have to be working these 14 hour days 28 days a month, continuously.

However, the perception that I never finish everything is not correct. The perception that I do dozens of ICOs and just spend all the money and ask for more, is not correct.

I have done exactly one ICO outside of the NXT assets, and that is SuperNET. Its charter for use of funds is primarily to make investments and I have been funding operations from the profits, while growing the NAV from a low of .002 to its current .006 level.

If you can name any other ICO I conducted where funds were raised and I havent delivered anything, I am curious to know what it is. As you can see I am not limited in the number of ideas, nor do I feel their quality is low. What I need is more resources. I had hoped to get at least half a dozen volunteers to work on the core C projects, but alas, there were none.

With komodo there is the possibility of creating not only the first dPoW implementation, but also to fund all of the pending projects that are in slow motion due to my only having 16 hours per day to work and I am slacking off this year by working only 14 hours per day.

James

In a follow up:

CryptoCard is completed, coinomat issued debit cards

Teleport - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
Telepathy - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
PAX - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset

Pangea
Neodice
Jay
SkyNET
above are all other dev's projects that SuperNET invested in and gave out dividends in. After it was given as a dividend it started trading in the open market. Please tell me where in this picture SuperNET or I am making an ICO to collect lots of money?

NXTprivacy was done as above, ie free dividend and after market trading by the people who received the assets.

which leaves InstantDEX, crypto777 and SuperNET
InstantDEX had private investors and then like the above assets was dividended out to SuperNET asset holders.

SuperNET, we know that its NAV is mostly preserved over the years as the technology has been developed: supernet.org/nav.php

Most of the projects SuperNET develops are not isolated, but they are part of the overall solution that will solve major problems crypto has. It's not possible to complete one piece 100%, and then move to the next one.

If a single project has many use cases, is it dozens of different projects? I think maybe the confusion is that I am making something that is similar to an OS. But what is an operating system without any applications? How to even know if the OS is working without any applications? So to make an OS, you need to make a few reference applications. And if an idea for a new application happens, does that fit within the framework of the OS, or does it somehow fragment the OS?

My assessment is that crypto needs a common framework for efficient development, if not all of crypto, at least I do. If a solution is being created to be able to build many different solutions, then many different solutions needs to be created on that system to make sure it can handle it. Otherwise you end up with limited scope speciality solutions that dont handle one or more types of problems that need to be handled.

I have a platform level solution that allows efficient solving of all the crypto's bottlenecks toward mainstream adoption. THAT is what I have been working on all this time. And dPoW is a vital part for this as it enables securing otherwise weak chains that wouldnt be secure enough to store any significant value.

Combined with iguana that speaks bitcoin protocol and can interface to many coins at once and atomic cross chain exchanges, a network of bitcoin secured chains that can atomic swap with any other is created. In order to reduce the friction of these cross chain swaps, funded Liquidity Provider nodes are needed. The advantage is that instead of having to wait for a day (or more) for side chains, the swaps can be done within a few coin confirmations (even less for low value swaps)

At the end all the hard work will pay off, as the working products will begin to pop up like mushrooms after rain. The progress has been invisible to some because they don't follow close enough.

When someone develops something of this scale, the exact path of how to get there is not known. Now we became to a crossroad, which we couldn't see before, and it looks like "Komodo" is the route we should take.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: