Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 11:02:27 AM

What is the situation for BTCD holders? How is this not abandonment?

I was wondering the same thing, is this essentially replacing it? Plus, out of interest how many ICOs has jl777 launched over the years?

Here's a (partial) list of ICOscam777 projects:

After spending hundreds of hours roaming this forum I must tell you I feel JL777 is the biggest scammer around.
The amount of BTC gathered for BTCD/superNET/NXT-assets issued by his gang is just horrendous.

And the feeling is like everybody is waiting for the miracle tech to come out if not today, tomorrow for sure.
Just scan the thread for BTCD, its almost, almost, almost there. It's finally coming together ... stuff like this on whatever page you chose.

But for BTCD in particular, I see the same wallet used for many months now. I know there is beta around, but it's almost 2 years since BTCD was born. 2 years.

From NXTforum:

(16) jl777's Group of Assets
Type: Dividend Paying

TOKEN (Unity) | ID: 15641806960898178066 | More Info | ACTIVE
sharkfund0 | ID: 3006420581923704757 | More Info | ACTIVE
SuperNET | ID: 12071612744977229797 | Forum | ACTIVE
NXTventure | ID: 16212446818542881180 | More Info | More info 2 | ACTIVE
InstantDEX | ID: 15344649963748848799 | More Info | Status
Privatebet | ID: 17083334802666450484 | More Info | Status
NXTprivacy | ID: 17911762572811467637 | More Info | Status
jl777hodl | ID: 6932037131189568014 | More Info | ACTIVE
Atomic | ID: 11694807213441909013 | More Info | Status
NeoDICE | ID: 18184274154437352348 | More Info | ACTIVE
NXTcoinsco (Tradebots) | ID: 17571711292785902558 | More Info | Status
cryptocard | ID: 7110939398145553585 | More Info | Status
Boost | ID: 9719950459730291994 | More Info | ACTIVE
SNN | ID: 15113552914305929842 | More Info | Status
SuperHODL | ID: 13120737659249432970 | More Info | Status
NXTforex | NA | NA | NA

(5) Joint Venture - Supernet, NXTventure

FreeMarket | ID: 134138275353332190 | More Info | ACTIVE
Omnigames | ID: 7441230892853180965 | More Info | Status
Pangea | ID: 6883271355794806507 | More Info | ACTIVE
Jay | ID: 8688289798928624137 | More Info | Status
Skynet | ID: 6854596569382794790 | More Info | Active
OpalToken | ID:  5326942574002986149 | More Info | Active

(9) Multigateways

MGW | ID: 10524562908394749924 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwBTC (Bitcoin) | ID: 4551058913252105307 | More Info | PHASING OUT
mgwBTC (Bitcoin) | ID: 17554243582654188572 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwBTCD (Bitcoindark) | ID: 11060861818140490423 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwLTC (Litecoin) | ID: 2881764795164526882 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwBC (Blackcoin) | ID: 7117580438310874759 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwVIA (Viacoin) | ID: 275548135983837356 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE
mgwDOGE (Dogecoin) | ID: 2303962892272487643 | More Info | ACTIVE
mgwDRK (Darkcoin) | ID: 17353118525598940144 | More Info | UNDER MAINTENANCE

Multiple coins are participating in SN, bought up by LJ (on investor's behalf of cause)
Aaaand there is new project born every day. And new ones after that. And some ideas for a brand few new ones in the middle.

Two years almost passed. InstantDEX is almost ready?

BTCD, after doing nothing for two years, is being abandoned.  Turns out BTCD was just a research project, not a serious effort with long-term committed devs.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS   Cheesy

Now shut up and buy into Kodomo, the replacement scam.

These gullible bagholding chumps love to throw their money away into every new ICO scam jl777 hypes.

I warned them jl777 never finishes anything he starts.

I even predicted this exact thing would happen; it's obvious when you see his pattern of ICO-hype-abandon-repeat.

Nobody should have the slightest bit of sympathy for fools who keep the faith in their Dear Leader, after having been burned so many times.

NEW FLASH: SUPERNET is being abandoned in favor of jl777's new project SUPER-DUPER-ULTRANET!!!!   Grin

Many of those assets were dividends, however the case of cryptocard is very disappointing. Jl777 launched that fundraiser on the btcd thread, collected 10k btcd from memory when it was worth a lot more, but now he says that was coinomat project. Jl777 converted all his cryptocard assets into WAVES, then sasha mentions after the waves ico ends that coinomat business will likely be sold (who would buy coinomat?), and definitely not part of WAVES. The cryptocard asset was a fail, and jl777 raised considerable funds, and dumped his own assets, probably knowing sasha's intentions to abandon it. Please correct if that is wrong, but either way, I can understand and accept much of jl777's past record, but cryptocard is a black mark imo. Jl777 started cryptocard, raised the funds, subcontracted sasha and coinomat, then adandoned the project and bailed to waves, probably with insider knowledge, leaving bagholders still thinking an anon debit card is still being worked on. Much is forgivable with jl777, but the cryptocard affair reflects poorly on jl777 and sasha.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:16:53 AM

Many of those assets were dividends, however the case of cryptocard is very disappointing. Jl777 launched that fundraiser on the btcd thread, collected 10k btcd from memory when it was worth a lot more, but now he says that was coinomat project. Jl777 converted all his cryptocard assets into WAVES, then sasha mentions after the waves ico ends that coinomat business will likely be sold (who would buy coinomat?), and definitely not part of WAVES. The cryptocard asset was a fail, and jl777 raised considerable funds, and dumped his own assets, probably knowing sasha's intentions to abandon it. Please correct if that is wrong, but either way, I can understand and accept much of jl777's past record, but cryptocard is a black mark imo. Jl777 started cryptocard, raised the funds, subcontracted sasha and coinomat, then adandoned the project and bailed to waves, probably with insider knowledge, leaving bagholders still thinking an anon debit card is still being worked on. Much is forgivable with jl777, but the cryptocard affair reflects poorly on jl777 and sasha.
The cryptocard has been completed for over a year as much as it ever would and even paid out a few dividends. while it is true is has been a disappointment, everybody had the chance to convert cryptocard into WAVES. That was public knowledge and available for all.

I had no insider knowledge of the status of coinomat and in fact I still hold millions of coinomat assets. My understanding is that coinomat business is being converted into a WAVES oriented one, which makes sense to me and why I continue to hold millions of coinomat assets. This is not any bailout behavior.

I think it is quite unfair that you accuse me of wrongdoing for swapping a disappointing asset using the same method available to everyone. Was I supposed to not do the swap? If so, then other people would accuse me of not doing what I should have. I believe all the amounts raised would have been recouped via the WAVES swap, at least very close to it, so a disappointment, but not a disaster.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:31:38 AM

On the one hand, "jl777 never finishes anything"
on the other hand, screen shots from GUI that is open source and anybody can run and verify for themselves.

On the one hand, "jl777 abandons his projects"
on the other hand, there is a migration path for BTCD holders and all the projects tie into SuperNET.

On the one hand, "jl777 will NEVER be able to implement Zcash in Komodo"
on the other hand, jl777's input is being acknowledged in official Zcash protocol documentation.

ROFLMAO!   Grin

You got me there. I guess I do get involved in other projects on a volunteer basis, I hope that is acceptable?

I want to address the issue of "competition with zcash"
There is none.

open source projects are open source in the hopes that other projects utilize it, build on it, maybe even grant back improvements. That is exactly what komodo is doing. Utilizing zcash, building on it and we will of course gladly give back any and all improvements zcash team deems worthy. They are not going to be doing GUI for a while, so maybe we can contribute a dual ZEC/KMD GUI. And if they want to, they can even just strip out the KMD part of the GUI, but they dont strike me as that type.

I have also extended an offer for the 5% staking revenues from the zkp protected funds as there is no way to calculate anything but the aggregate amount in protected form. So this interest can either just extend the coin emission, or it can be donated to the zcash team. So far no interest in this from them. Probably since they are well funded and will be making a ton of money with the ZEC, which I expect to be a game changer in crypto.

The history of zcash starts with zerocoin that Dr. Matt Green wanted to have bitcoin adopt. Well, that didnt get very far... So there is now a zcash company that is creating a bitcoin compatible + zcash combo. Are they doing it with a profit motive? It doesnt look like it to me, they want the zkp tech to be disseminated far and wide. And they are only making money if ZEC becomes worth a lot. Money is nice and pays the bills, but that does not appear to be the primary motivation.

Being adopted by major projects is exactly what creates the big value to the original fork. And being adopted by major projects disseminates the zkp tech far and wide. After komodo's example, my guess is that there will be many other zcash forks so komodo will just be the first of many.

CryptoSporidium

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 11:36:01 AM

The cryptocard has been completed for over a year as much as it ever would and even paid out a few dividends. while it is true is has been a disappointment, everybody had the chance to convert cryptocard into WAVES. That was public knowledge and available for all.

I had no insider knowledge of the status of coinomat and in fact I still hold millions of coinomat assets. My understanding is that coinomat business is being converted into a WAVES oriented one, which makes sense to me and why I continue to hold millions of coinomat assets. This is not any bailout behavior.

I think it is quite unfair that you accuse me of wrongdoing for swapping a disappointing asset using the same method available to everyone. Was I supposed to not do the swap? If so, then other people would accuse me of not doing what I should have. I believe all the amounts raised would have been recouped via the WAVES swap, at least very close to it, so a disappointment, but not a disaster.

If you didn't have insider knowledge on sasha's plan for the cryptocard, then I accept that. It was a failed project so far, and I think you have to accept it was one of yours, so when I learnt you had swapped it didn't look good to me, and the other day you said it was a 'coinomat' project, and I don't think the investors ever thought that. It looked like you were subcontracting coinomat to do the card that would then be plugged into the btcd ecosystem by you. I apologise if I offended, but for smaller investors like myself there's always the fear that 'insiders' are working things out behind the scenes to their own benefit at the expense of regular investors. If you and sasha never discussed his likely abandoning of it, then I believe you, but imo it was your project, and maybe you could argue in favor of him incorporating cryptocard into waves in some form.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:40:56 AM

If you didn't have insider knowledge on sasha's plan for the cryptocard, then I accept that. It was a failed project so far, and I think you have to accept it was one of yours, so when I learnt you had swapped it didn't look good to me, and the other day you said it was a 'coinomat' project, and I don't think the investors ever thought that. It looked like you were subcontracting coinomat to do the card that would then be plugged into the btcd ecosystem by you. I apologise if I offended, but for smaller investors like myself there's always the fear that 'insiders' are working things out behind the scenes to their own benefit at the expense of regular investors. If you and sasha never discussed his likely abandoning of it, then I believe you, but imo it was your project, and maybe you could argue in favor of him incorporating cryptocard into waves in some form.
I am not aware of any plans to cancel the crypto card. and certainly if he is planning this I would be against that.

I did coordinate this, so in that sense I was involved, but the banking environment changed from bad to horrible during the project and the best could be done was done. As I am not expert in fiat banking, I need to rely on others for such things

thank you for your understanding.

CryptoSporidium

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 12:14:44 PM

I am not aware of any plans to cancel the crypto card. and certainly if he is planning this I would be against that.

I did coordinate this, so in that sense I was involved, but the banking environment changed from bad to horrible during the project and the best could be done was done. As I am not expert in fiat banking, I need to rely on others for such things

thank you for your understanding.

If you're still advocating on behalf of cryptocard asset holders that sasha not abandon it, and that he incorporate the asset into waves in some way, then I think most people will accept that. You obviously have much more ability to persuade and influence him than most other crypto people, so if you give that undertaking to argue in favor of the asset living on I am feeling much better.

I do respect you for addressing people's concerns james, thank you!

I do thank you for addressing my concerns james
Mercurius777

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 12:33:34 PM

Hi Folks,

just tuned in. I recently procured some BTCD and now read on the forum about BTCD moving into Komodo? is that true? Will I have the possibility to buy Komodo tokens with BTCD?

Cheers!
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 12:35:55 PM

Hi Folks,

just tuned in. I recently procured some BTCD and now read on the forum about BTCD moving into Komodo? is that true? Will I have the possibility to buy Komodo tokens with BTCD?

Cheers!

Hi there!

We just published extensive article in Steemit: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

All the answers should be there!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 12:37:14 PM

Will KMD enter bittrex and/or poloniex?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 12:42:31 PM

Will KMD enter bittrex and/or poloniex?

We have no reason to doubt that it wouldn't, but at the end it is the decision of the exchange.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Mercurius777

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:20:09 PM

Hi Folks,

Cheers!

Hi there!

We just published extensive article in Steemit: https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers

All the answers should be there!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Great, will look into it & thanks!
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 01:21:48 PM

What is the minimum quantity of BTC that needs to be raised to make the project viable?
bakedrice

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 01:23:23 PM

Reserved.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 01:35:48 PM

What is the minimum quantity of BTC that needs to be raised to make the project viable?
It depends on what level of the project you mean. There are the mission critical parts, like paying for bitcoin fees and notary nodes.

1000 would be enough for a reduced bitcoin notarization frequency and smaller number of notary nodes, but not a lot of development.

5000 would allow to have the fastest bitcoin notarization frequency, all 64 notary nodes and staff up a group of C coders and GUI devs fulltime for some years

10000 would allow having many LP nodes all fully funded for the lowest trading spreads and many liquid trading pairs

Above this would allow a warchest that can make opportunistic trades, arbitrages and other means to generate working capital and set up a very long term organization of the above. Along with some large scale marketing. Of course, even at the lower funds raised we will be doing marketing, but with a limited budget.

bitkokos2

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 02:13:26 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 02:23:58 PM by bitkokos2

James I have another question.
There are going to be 100 million KMD for ICO
Let's say (in simple way) there are 1000 people who give 1 BTC each. Will they get 100,000 KMD each (100 million / 1000)
and if there are 30000 people who give 1 BTC each they get 3333 KMD each?

In other words all of those 100 million will go to those who buy?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 02:34:56 PM

Let's say (in simple way) there are 1000 people who give 1 BTC each. Will they get 100,000 KMD each (100 million / 1000)

90 % of the Komodo coins are distributed to investors (BTC+BTCD)
10 % will be reserved for development, advisers and bounties

So yes, you got the basic idea! The supply is fixed, but we don't know yet how much money Komodo raises.

bitkokos2

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 02:37:01 PM

90 % of the Komodo coins are distributed to investors (BTC+BTCD)
10 % will be reserved for development, advisers and bounties

So yes, you got the basic idea! The supply is fixed, but we don't know yet how much money Komodo raises.

Thanks!  Smiley
flyer88

Activity: 1177

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 02:38:48 PM

So BTCD-Swap is included in the 90%? Your graphic on page1 is wrong then.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 02:47:23 PM

Howcome it's wrong?

We will do the BTCD/KMD swaps out of that 90M KMD. The BTCD's have a fixed rate of 0.00532 BTC/BTCD, and they will be counted as if they were invested in the ICO.

-> the BTCD/KMD and BTC/KMD exchange rates depends on how much money we rise. We only know that after the ICO ends.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 03:01:17 PM

Howcome it's wrong?

We will do the BTCD/KMD swaps out of that 90M KMD. The BTCD's have a fixed rate of 0.00532 BTC/BTCD, and they will be counted as if they were invested in the ICO.

-> the BTCD/KMD and BTC/KMD exchange rates depends on how much money we rise. We only know that after the ICO ends.

I though there is a 1 year redeem time?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: