Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:27:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 09:40:47 PM

Currently we are only missing one translation: Chinese

follow done,

What email subcribe including bounty?

Hello! Are you asking if we will have an email/newsletter bounty?

Unfortunately no, we won't have any bounties for newsletter or for social media.
no available bounty in here?

No, sorry

We have two bounties
1) signature campaign (launching soon)
2) Chinese translation

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lembang

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:53:22 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 12:22:47 AM by lembang

follow done,

Unfortunately no, we won't have any bounties for newsletter or for social media.

No, sorry

We have two bounties
2) Chinese translation
OK not problem

thank for your answer
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:26:22 AM

BTCD Valuation for the swap

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

If you are a BTCD holder, keep an eye on the BTCD thread. Tomorrow we will post more information there, such as what does this mean for BTCD.

Does the BTCD swap also get the deposit bonuses, ex. 1st day +25%? Would be fair imho.

Already been stated BTCD is a fixed transfer rate outside of any bonus. You just think it's 'fair' cause you own a bunch.

FOR RENT.
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:07:18 AM

BTCD holders will also receive a bonus equal to the average of the btc bonus collected.   

Zubnin

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:50:46 AM

follow done,

No, sorry

We have two bounties
2) Chinese translation
Oh no, no dumps? LOL. Nice job.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 08:52:49 AM

Yes, there will be a bonus for BTCD on top of the fixed price announced earlier. This update was announced some days ago. We have updated the first page accordingly, see below:

BTCD Valuation for the swap

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August. The swapping process will take place after the ICO ends.

Average price in Aug = 0.00354716 BTC/BTCD
BTCD exchange rate =  0.00354716 * 1.5 = 0.00532074 BTC/BTCD

BTC Bonus system

Oct. 15 -           25% bonus
Oct. 16-22 -      20% bonus
Oct. 23-29 -      15% bonus
Oct. 30-Nov 5 - 10% bonus
Nov 6-12 -         5% bonus
Nov 13-20 -       0% bonus

BTCD Bonus system

An another bonus system was established to counter the dilution the BTC bonus system would have for BTCD investors. The bonus is calculated by applying the average bonus the BTC investors got to the swap rate.

Example: Lets say 10000 BTC are collected and 1000 BTC in early investor bonus was taken. That means the average bonus is 10%. This brings the BTCD swap rate to 0.005852.

KMD coin distribution

10 million Komodo coins are reserved for development, advisers and bounties.
90 million Komodo coins will be distributed to those who participated in the ICO either with BTC or later with BTCD via the swap procedure. In other words, some percentage will go to those who invested with BTC and the remaining portion to those who will swap their BTCD to KMD after the ICO.

The BTCD/KMD and BTC/KMD exchange rates depends on how much money is raised, and they can only be calculated after the ICO has ended.

For more information see this Steemit post.

Our Steemit posts

Komodo Has Been Born!

Komodo ICO: Questions and Answers

The Silent Progress of Deep Tech

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:07:32 AM

Announcement!

A lot of people have asked about the translation bounties and bounties in general. We have now decided which bounty programs we will be running, and those are translation bounties and a signature campaign.

We won't have any social media or newsletter bounties as we thought they will not be effective enough considering the amount of money they would require and the risks of abuse they carry. We wish that everyone on our email list is there because they are interested about the technology and not only about a small bounty. Likewise we wish to have an organic social media growth instead of an artificial boost.

Translation bounties

We will have 5 translations, each worth 0.1 BTC. The bounty will be paid in KMD after the ICO. We will translate to the following languages:

- Spanish (reserved)
 - Chinese (free)
 - French (reserved)
 - German (reserved)
 - Portuguese (reserved)

Note that you must be a native speaker to do the translation! We will accept the translation and eventually sent out the bounty only if 3 other native speakers vouch for the text.

One from our own team will do the Portuguese translation, so it is already reserved. The other translations are free for anyone to take, just send us a private message! It would be great if you can explain why you are the right person to do the translation! If there are more than one person looking to do the same translation, we will pick the one who we believe to be more capable.

If you have already expressed your interest earlier in this thread, please send us a private message.

We are sorry but we won't do any other translations than the one's listed above.

Update: Spanish and German translations have been reserved

Signature Campaign

We have the designs ready and the signature campaign will begin shortly. More information with all the details will be posted soon.

I asked for the german translation at the beginning. And now it´s reserved? I hope for me  Huh

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:14:23 PM

Just bought 100 fresh BTCD and moved them to my wallet  Grin
There were some epic dumps yesterday. Not that I don't understand why someone doesn't want to wait 3 months, but just to spread 1.5k over entire day would save you around 20%, considering how many people are supporting it. Even sell wall @36 wouldn't hold a day. But what do I know.

That was probably people rushing to get BTC into Decent ico for the 50% bonus

They probably figured 50% bonus would make up for the lost % on the BTCD dump

Maybe they regret their move now that the decent launch was rekt

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 01:34:15 PM

I asked for the german translation at the beginning. And now it´s reserved? I hope for me  Huh

Sorry, there were many people wanting to do the German translation and we had to pick the one we though was the most capable. To be included you had to send a private message after the announcement.

dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:50:24 PM

I asked for the german translation at the beginning. And now it´s reserved? I hope for me  Huh

Sorry, there were many people wanting to do the German translation and we had to pick the one we though was the most capable. To be included you had to send a private message after the announcement.

Timeframe was too short  Undecided (I´m here almost every day, but not 24/7).

Anyway.... That's the way it is.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:09:33 PM

Komodo development has officially begun! Follow on GitHub

icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:24:48 PM

It doesn't fill me with confidence that 2 of the 3 keyholders in a 2 out of 3 multisig are actually part of the komodo team. You may aswell have no escrow.

http://archive.is/6hg11
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 09:20:55 PM

It doesn't fill me with confidence that 2 of the 3 keyholders in a 2 out of 3 multisig are actually part of the komodo team. You may aswell have no escrow.

Just send your BTC directly to jl777, or 1bitcoineater.  Same difference.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 09:06:25 AM

You are right, the tittle is not very accurate.

It's more like a fund safekeeping rather than a traditional escrow for an ICO.

jl777 has demonstrated his trustworthiness over the years as the head the SuperNET projects.
Noashh is a long term member who have worked hard for SuperNET as a treasurer among other things.
TwinWinnerD is a very known and trusted person, also the CEO of bitpanda.com

icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:10:39 AM

jl777 has demonstrated his trustworthiness over the years as the head the SuperNET projects.
Noashh is a long term member who have worked hard for SuperNET as a treasurer among other things.
TwinWinnerD is a known and trusted person, also the CEO of bitpanda.com

I don't disagree with any of them statements, I think they are both trustworthy people and I think they have enough trust behind them and on this forum. Best of luck with the project. Looks like it could be a serious competitor to monero or dash.

I just wanted to clarify the escrow part. Thanks for your explanation.
danblize

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:24:57 AM

TwinWinnerD is a known and trusted person, also the CEO of bitpanda.com

I don't disagree with any of them statements, I think they are both trustworthy people and I think they have enough trust behind them and on this forum. Best of luck with the project. Looks like it could be a serious competitor to monero or dash.

I just wanted to clarify the escrow part. Thanks for your explanation.

trustworthiness? The most funny thing i heard about him. Many say he is a scammer actually.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 10:38:22 AM

I started work on the komodo testnet yesterday evening.

Testnet is live.

https://github.com/jl777/komodo

the end of readme has the instructions to get a komodo TESTNET node running.

The coin supply is changed, and the ICO allocation is done with the first mined block. This minimizes the code changes needed to support ICO purchases stakes as they will be distributed via normal payment transactions.

Currently it just has the hooks in for dPoW, however the mining reward is set to 3 KMD per block and due to lack of nodes, the blocks take a bit longer than 1 minute, but with more nodes it should end up averaging 1 minute.

It is running in the no-notary nodes fallback, which uses the same PoW as zcash. This ensures that no matter what happens to the notary nodes, the blockchain will keep advancing. When the notary nodes are present, the blocks will be more regular and it will provided the bitcoin enhanced security.

This testnet is subject to being reset at anytime (already did that 4 times), so if you are running a node, please check here to see if a new testnet is live. Also of note is that even though it is a testnet, just use the mainnet settings for the builds. There will be a new genesis, port changes, etc. prior to the real mainnet.

Since komodo will run with a dual method for block creation, when the notary node method is ready, it will be compatible with the prior blocks that just used the PoW method. I probably will have to make some breaking hardfork changes along the way, but it is possible that soon after the official zcash is ready I can make the actual komodo chain live.

For now, I want to get the process of going from the zcash pure fork to komodo solved, so there are no surprises when the time for the real mainnet is here.

I want to make as few changes to the zcash baseline as possible and so far the changes have been just to constants, strings, "komodo" message, and an if statement calling a komodo_blockcheck just before the equihash block validator is called. Of course there will also need to be a change to the reorg consensus code to check for notarized blockhash, but with the message handler and the block check handler in a komodo.h include file, I can code in C all that logic without getting slowed down by C++.

You can already start testing the zero knowledge protected transactions by following the instructions from "Getting Testcoins" section in the middle of https://github.com/zcash/zcash/wiki/Beta-Guide

The komodo addresses use the same prefix as BTCD, so it will start with 'R', but the protected coins use the same prefix as the zcash so it will start with 'tn'

If you need some test coins, just post your address here

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 10:55:31 AM

On the iguana side, I have basilisk mode into testing now. Basilisk nodes rely on iguana full nodes to provide public information data about the blockchain. Currently the following remote calls are supported:

getinfo - returns standard getinfo
balances - returns the balance and listunspent data and spend data for array of addresses
value - returns the value, spend script and unspent status of a specific txid/vout

It might not seem like enough, but from the above, a basilisk node is able to construct a functioning listunspent and from that it constructs the higher level RPC calls, such as sendtoaddress. All the signing is done locally and each vin is verified with multiple peers to have the correct value. Since a spoofed vin will either just not get a valid signatures, the only damage a hostile node can do is provide an unspent with an incorrect value and making a baslisk node overspend. That is why each vin's value is verified as a final step before signing.

I have 10 servers running BTCD (most of the time) as a long term test to make sure they all stay in sync. I also am running a pair of servers with BTC, LTC, DOGE, SYS and GMC. So those coin's should work in basilisk mode.

Current GUI mostly supports basilisk mode as the API is the same for either mode as is the RPC layer, however some things like sync status tend to jump around with the getinfo data coming from different remote iguana nodes.

As soon as a new coin has a few iguana full nodes running and connected to the supernet, then all basilisk nodes will be able to add that coin and have a local wallet without needing the blockchain locally.

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:19:29 PM

As soon as a new coin has a few iguana full nodes running and connected to the supernet, then all basilisk nodes will be able to add that coin and have a local wallet without needing the blockchain locally.

Will the option to add coins for basilisk just appear? Ie: once enough full nodes of a new coin are running, will the basilisk user wake up one day and see a new button or option to add  this new coin that the user was unaware of before?

Thanks. Sounds exciting.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 03:35:45 PM

Will the option to add coins for basilisk just appear? Ie: once enough full nodes of a new coin are running, will the basilisk user wake up one day and see a new button or option to add  this new coin that the user was unaware of before?

Thanks. Sounds exciting.
you would need to git pull the GUI repo to get an updated html

maybe in the future we will fully automate the process, but for now safer to manually add and test new coins as they are validated.

Of course, if you just go into the GUI html, it is easy enough to add a new coin if you have all the magic parameters for the addcoin API

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: