Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233953 times)
schnib

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:09:13 AM

I have to agree, should make the distribution more like clams ie have some other currencies that new crypto users have more of.

Not only to favour the bitcoin whales. Why should those that have the most always gain a huge unfair advantage over new comers?

This is not in the spirit of crypto currency.

Good to see some Iota clones.

What do you mean like clams ?
I mean the problem with the rich get richer you basically have with any ICO, even if u take bitcointalk accounts, you can just buy them for example...

And i think bitcoin has most likely the fairest distribution of all cryptos, since satoshi isnt using his anyway.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:24:14 AM

I have to agree, should make the distribution more like clams ie have some other currencies that new crypto users have more of.

I disagree. No alts from pump & dump.
Anyone can sell his shitcoins to get BTC and that's fair.
If we start accepting one shitcoin, all thousands of shitcoins will want to be added.
So accept none of them.

Not only to favour the bitcoin whales. Why should those that have the most always gain a huge unfair advantage over new comers?

Bitcoin whales don't give a shit about altcoins. They have business to do, they won't bother claim any Byteball.

Is this a scam? btc rich get richer~?

Deal with it.
Life's unfair.
There is no free lunch.

use doge or ltc at least

Fuck off with your shitcoins. No one want them. Just sell them already.

btc rich get richer~?

Shitcoin buyers always get poorer. Grow up and stop buying crap.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:27:37 AM

What do you mean like clams ?
I mean the problem with the rich get richer you basically have with any ICO, even if u take bitcointalk accounts, you can just buy them for example...

And i think bitcoin has most likely the fairest distribution of all cryptos, since satoshi isnt using his anyway.

Then those that got in with the early bird advantage on bitcoin are now entitled to get the lions share of every new coin release?

How can that possibly be fair?

What about all the newcomers that actually support ALT coins not just bitcoin who hold virtually no BTC compared to BTC early whales?

Bitcoin holdings can not possibly determine your holdings of new alt releases the idea is ludicrous.

The crypto adoption has been HUGE since the release of Doge coin even with LTC. There is no hamstring the huge influx of new crypto enthusiasts by favouring btc whales.

With ICO they are risking their BTC to buy in. With this BTC whales are getting huge unfair advantage over everyone else with ZERO risk to their holdings.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:29:00 AM

I disagree. No alts from pump & dump.
Anyone can sell his shitcoins to get BTC and that's fair.
If we start accepting one shitcoin, all thousands of shitcoins will want to be added.
So accept none of them.

Bitcoin whales don't give a shit about altcoins. They have business to do, they won't bother claim any Byteball.

Is this a scam? btc rich get richer~?

Deal with it.
Life's unfair.
There is no free lunch.

use doge or ltc at least

Fuck off with your shitcoins. No one want them. Just sell them already.

btc rich get richer~?

Shitcoin buyers always get poorer. Grow up and stop buying crap.

Totally don't agree. This coin will be cloned and distributed more fairly hence garnering more support.
Best to do it correctly from the start. Else the project is eventually doomed.
There will always be concern regarding automatically rewarding those already at the top with the most especially in the arena of cryptocurrency.

At the very least it should be a few of the major POW coins so newer crypto adopters can have a fair chance against BTC whales.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:40:27 AM

When will strast initial distributon? I like this concept.

Initial distribution is projected for late october/november, but it depends on the state of the project development.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:49:57 AM

Clams acknowledges balances from bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin. This selection seems to be random, I don't see how this is more fair for holders of other crypto currencies, than to use only bitcoin!

According to the market cap it should be bitcoin, ethereum and ripple. Your opinion seems to be biased toward those cryptos you own yourself.

And Byteball is not a clone of anything, it's an original source with an original consensus algorithm.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:04:23 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 10:16:02 AM by cryptohunter

Clams acknowledges balances from bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin. This selection seems to be random, I don't see how this is more fair for holders of other crypto currencies, than to use only bitcoin!

According to the market cap it should be bitcoin, ethereum and ripple. Your opinion seems to be biased toward those cryptos you own yourself.

And Byteball is not a clone of anything, it's an original source with an original consensus algorithm.

Random ?? Well perhaps because they are the largest POW coins ?? that were fairly mined?

Ripple? did you look into their initial distribution?
Ethereum where the devs awarded themselves a huge proportion?

Really? you have looked into crypto currency before?

You think clams pulled those coins out of a hat?

To use 3 POW coins that increased crypto currency uptake and interest is not more fair than to use 1 currency where a few early whales mined huge amounts with no competition?

Fine take the top 10 fairly mined POW coins then. It's up to you but whatever you  dont want to start off making it too easy to alienate most of the ALT crypto community

ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:33:14 AM

Portuguese translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1621206.new#new

Thx!

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:34:21 AM

Random ?? Well perhaps because they are the largest POW coins ?? that were fairly mined?

Ripple? did you look into their initial distribution?
Ethereum where the devs awarded themselves a huge proportion?

Really? you have looked into crypto currency before?

You think clams pulled those coins out of a hat?

To use 3 POW coins that increased crypto currency uptake and interest is not more fair than to use 1 currency where a few early whales mined huge amounts with no competition?

Fine take the top 10 fairly mined POW coins then. It's up to you but whatever you  dont want to start off making it too easy to alienate most of the ALT crypto community

Thanks for clearing things up for claims, now I can understand about their motivation, though I can't follow their arguments. The "fairly mined POW coins" are an illusion. Why is litecoin more fair than bitcoin? Every bitcoin whale can buy a huge amount of altcoins at the exchanges, making the miners with the large gpu farms rich. What does this say about the fairness of the distribution? But this is not to be discussed here.

Thanks that you've stated your opinion and I leave it up to the dev if he is willing to widen the initial distribution to altcoin holders.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:36:46 AM

Awesome!  Grin

Tweeted, please retweet: https://twitter.com/CryptKeeperBTT/status/777818536949477376

ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:08:02 AM

Great! Lets make this project public! All world must know it!

tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 11:20:46 AM

Cryptohunter, look, the purpose of this distribution is to get as many people as possible as initial holders of the coin.  The number matters most, the rest is secondary.  We need this to get the network effects to work and increase the value of the coin for every holder, large or small.

Now, by the number of users, Bitcoin is orders of magnitude larger than any altcoin.  It is also the most liquid, you know that every altcoin is compared and traded against Bitcoin.  Given that, it is clear that Bitcoin best fits the purpose.

If you happen to hold most of your crypto wealth in altcoins, you can move them temporarily to BTC before the snapshot block, then convert back to alts right after the snapshot.

Simplicity is beauty
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 11:39:16 AM

If you happen to hold most of your crypto wealth in altcoins, you can move them temporarily to BTC before the snapshot block, then convert back to alts right after the snapshot.

They risk to lose a good chunk of their coins during this manoeuvr. I would not bother doing this.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:04:57 PM

Cryptohunter, look, the purpose of this distribution is to get as many people as possible as initial holders of the coin.  The number matters most, the rest is secondary.  We need this to get the network effects to work and increase the value of the coin for every holder, large or small.

Now, by the number of users, Bitcoin is orders of magnitude larger than any altcoin.  It is also the most liquid, you know that every altcoin is compared and traded against Bitcoin.  Given that, it is clear that Bitcoin best fits the purpose.

That does not even make sense. Use BTC LTC and DOGE and even a few other big POW coins if you like. Then the distribution will be even wider.

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:15:47 PM

I really like the concept behind this new algorithm and actually there will be no any blocks so no block size issue word. As well as releasing tokens as sidechain on Byteball mainchain. However i will wait to initial distribution, did i have to be tester to be able to receive byte when distributed or what about those linking our bitcoin to bytecoin addresses?

No, you don't need to be a tester to receive Bytes and Blackbytes through the initial distribution but you can help finding bugs and suggest improvements!  Cheesy

The process of linking your bitcoin address for the distribution will be explained later in detail. The distribution is projected for late october/november this year, depending on the work load of the development.

Ok thanks for clearing doubt, i have just bookmarked this thread to check back when real distribution will be started. When i have time, i will also try to test wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:26:37 PM

That does not even make sense. Use BTC LTC and DOGE and even a few other big POW coins if you like. Then the distribution will be even wider.
btc has different value than doge and ltc.
1 btc doesnt equal 1 doge. markets change in price this would put it in favor of people with more cheap doge. running against btc seems best it has most users to draw from. exchanges have users doge and ltc. adding more alts would just increase that issue.
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 12:32:38 PM

They risk to lose a good chunk of their coins during this manoeuvr. I would not bother doing this.

How would they lose coins?

Simplicity is beauty
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 12:38:42 PM

Exchange fees, volatility, slippage. They eat your coins.

VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:17:28 PM

Exchange fees, volatility, slippage. They eat your coins.

It is quite unlikely that the cost of fees and the volatility that might affect you negatively during a dozen BTC blocks will be bigger than the Byteball stake you'll get by doing the maneuver.

If that still really scares anyone, they can join with whatever BTC they have sitting there.

I for one welcome this distribution method. It is refreshing and IMO time will show it is also smart.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:56:16 PM

Then those that got in with the early bird advantage on bitcoin are now entitled to get the lions share of every new coin release?How can that possibly be fair?

Oh poor little crypto-anarchist. The world is unfair. What are you gonna do ?
Create a crypto government to tax the rich bitcoin holders and redistribute to the shitcoins holders ?

Well perhaps because they are the largest POW coins ?? that were fairly mined?

Fairly mined omg. Please stop, I'm gonna die laughing.
At least we're having a good laugh.

Just get some bitcoins guys, you will get bitcoins and byteballs. After the distribution you'll be free to spend your bitcoins on any crap you want.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: