Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234001 times)
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:24:23 PM

Do I have to check basically any/all addresses from my wallet to see if i have balance?
Yes (as we can not know the addresses on a per-wallet basis)

right ofc anonymity Smiley

3 of my addresses I found have balances. and ofc everytime we do an outgoing transaction, a new address is generated... lol that could end up being a lot to go through. there's really no simpler way to do this?

Maybe create a bot that can check against the addresses in our wallet against your witness?

Good idea. We have to improve that point in the future.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:17:44 PM

Is it because its impossible to know the users balance in GBB as its anonymous?
Yes, blackbytes are private as cash. They are meant to be used as cash, so peer 2 peer (No third party involved).
The non-anonymous trading on a exchange would break this privacy (or anonymity if you got thru Tor).
Therefore there is the Slack trading channel.

Through the Byteball DAG, tony knows the addresses and amount of the bytes (analogous to Blockchain BTC).
He can thus distribute bytes and blackbytes to the BB addresses (proportional to the byte amount, which he sees ->Snapshot)
But the Byteball DAG (and tony) knows nothing about the Blackbytes.
Real world example: “Everyone” can see what you have in your bank account. No one knows how much cash you have in your head pillow.

So tony can not see if- or how many blackbytes you have. Actually, he could not send you blackbytes, because device pearing (p2p) is required.
Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to link at least one BTC address to get blackbytes:
By linking a Byteball address, one exposes their device address which is needed to send the blackbytes (Thanks to kaicrypzen who told me this  Smiley).
This is the reason why you can only get blackbytes at linked BB addresses (and only for the amount available there)..

This is truly amazing. Blacbytes are indeed the most anonymous cryptocurrency invented so far. You can't really get more anonymous than that. When the darknet catches on, expect Moon.

I wonder how hard it is to forge them though because of this.
It's impossible for public byteball to exist in two wallets (just like classic blockchain coins) because we can always know where each created coin is.

How is this guaranteed for blackbytes?

kola-schaar

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:54:47 PM

If I have bought some GB from the market, transferred it to my wallet, do I still need to link a btc addresss to recieve GBB?
Or would it automatically transfer GBB to all the GB holders without linking?

Yes, this is interpreted correctly: Blackbytes can only be received at the red (linked BB- addresses).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg19098598#msg19098598
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg18928844#msg18928844
Only the bytes present there can be taken into account when distributing the blackbytes (because of private).
Bytes can received at each BB-address (without linking).
So to also receive blackbytes you have to consolidate your bytes on the linked addresses (the bot tells you which are)
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:59:18 PM

i have a wallet with Byteball , i made a recovery from seed now i lost
the blackbyte i didn't receive even Blackbite from the monthly distribuition
so is pretty much all lost ?  if someone can help i will give some Gb .

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
tomo0202

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:46:20 PM

did anyone mentioned about this news?
Jaxx is going to add byteball on its roadmap !!

https://www.ethnews.com/digital-wallet-announces-integration-with-industry-leaders?platform=hootsuite
D3m0nKinGx

Activity: 1638
Merit: 507

The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:59:31 PM

https://www.ethnews.com/digital-wallet-announces-integration-with-industry-leaders?platform=hootsuite

Woo and i just said the other day Jaxx as one of the places after Polo for byteball to be Cheesy

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:01:33 AM

Woo and i just said the other day Jaxx as one of the places after Polo for byteball to be Cheesy

anything to stay away from Polo...
D3m0nKinGx

Activity: 1638
Merit: 507

The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:06:31 AM

anything to stay away from Polo...

Need to try yunbi (chinese) exchange that's as far away from polo as possible Wink

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
kola-schaar

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:14:23 AM

CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:56:29 AM

Great, the Byteball is rolling and getting bigger and bigger!
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:09:40 AM

wow

nice

byteball is the only coin not been pumped yet.

running farm worldwide
kola-schaar

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:51:55 AM

This is truly amazing. Blacbytes are indeed the most anonymous cryptocurrency invented so far. You can't really get more anonymous than that. When the darknet catches on, expect Moon.
Lack of exhchanges could be one reason.
I do not think that's a problem. Bytes are traded on the exchange and blackbytes will be traded on the street, in change office, dark corners (same like cash) or bot based.
I imagine this simple concept:
Bytes for the business and Blackbytes for the people. Business often needs a regulated framework.
This is not to be avoided. However, my private activities is only my business.

Privacy is in byteball an inherent concept that makes this thing so elegant and sleek.
Take a look into the white paper.
On page 42-44, tony describes how blackbytes are defined (fixed denominations assets).
On page 44, the first two lines:
cap: 2,111,100,000,000,000,
is_private: true,

This is so slim that even I understand that Smiley
If you have any further requirements (anonymity) you have to use tor.
No technical overkill, but practicability und scalability. That convinced me.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:55:12 AM

wow

nice

It will be pumped, and we will be ready Smiley
We just need to wait for our time
anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:08:50 AM

wow

nice

It will be pumped, and we will be ready Smiley
We just need to wait for our time

Everything has its own time. Now is the time for ETH and BTC pump. Add Byteball now and wait for its time to launch for the moon.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:09:35 AM

No technical overkill, but practicability und scalability. That convinced me.

Everything is like this in Byteball.
The white paper is hard to read at first cause the approach is different from what we already know but when you read again you realize that all these powerfull features work with simple mechanism. Indeed, with some work, anybody with an average intelligence can understand deeply how Byteball works. This is very good for adoption, any average coder is able to build on top of Byteball.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:13:33 AM

The idea to distribute byteballs among as many people as possible is excellent, but the dev could improve the way in which it's implemented.

At the moment the big BTC whales are getting the biggest slices of the cake. There's nothing bad in that, except that this is an obstacle to a fair distribution of coins. Whales are just getting the gift and since they are already rich then they forget about bytes until they eventually will decide to dump them at some point, crashing the price and hurting the moltitude of the latecomers.

A way to improve the fairness of distribution would be to diminish progressively the quantity of bytes given for every BTC after the first BTC that the bot finds on each address.
In other words: if you have up to one BTC in one linked address you get the max amount of bytes per BTC. If you have more than one BTC in the linked address you get a bit less for the second BTC, and even less for the third BTC, and so on.
This way, big BTC holders will statistically get proportionally less bytes than little BTC holders. Of course, if you want to get the max quantity of bytes you can always spread all your BTCs through different addresses and link them all to the bot, and for sure this is what I'd do since I don't own too many BTCs. But a whale who owns 1000 BTCs or 10,000 or 100,000 would never be able or be willing to spread all his BTCs on so many different addresses and go through the process of linking them all to the bot.
The result would be a more homogeneous distribution of the coin and I think that this would benefit the project.
Anyone who likes my idea is welcome to tip me with some bytes, or some gigabytes, or even terabytes, if you prefer Wink
My address: 7BO67BNRHQZ6P32U7YIIB4MFOW4JGRNU

Randomshot

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:29:08 AM

The idea to distribute byteballs among as many people as possible is excellent, but the dev could improve the way in which it's implemented.

At the moment the big BTC whales are getting the biggest slices of the cake. There's nothing bad in that, except that this is an obstacle to a fair distribution of coins. Whales are just getting the gift and since they are already rich then they forget about bytes until they eventually will decide to dump them at some point, crashing the price and hurting the moltitude of the latecomers.

A way to improve the fairness of distribution would be to diminish progressively the quantity of bytes given for every BTC after the first BTC that the bot finds on each address.
In other words: if you have up to one BTC in one linked address you get the max amount of bytes per BTC. If you have more than one BTC in the linked address you get a bit less for the second BTC, and even less for the third BTC, and so on.
This way, big BTC holders will statistically get proportionally less bytes than little BTC holders. Of course, if you want to get the max quantity of bytes you can always spread all your BTCs through different addresses and link them all to the bot, and for sure this is what I'd do since I don't own too many BTCs. But a whale who owns 1000 BTCs or 10,000 or 100,000 would never be able or be willing to spread all his BTCs on so many different addresses and go through the process of linking them all to the bot.
The result would be a more homogeneous distribution of the coin and I think that this would benefit the project.
Anyone who likes my idea is welcome to tip me with some bytes, or some gigabytes, or even terabytes, if you prefer Wink

Rich people are rich because they know what to do with money. I'm ok with current distribution method.
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:38:23 AM

I appreciate that sharing of news. We as community are growing constantly and now byteball is stepping in real world for practical usage which is clear form Jaxx plan for this project. We need to there at more big exchanges but Poloniex has lost space and credibility. Chinese and others are good. Keep holding your free bytes at least if you can't buy more. It will turn into huge by the end of this year.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 10:40:13 AM

STFU this system can be gamed. A whale just has to distribute their BTC between many addresses. Also, the current system is already fair. The more BTC you have the more BB you are entitled to, very simple. Why on Earth should all people receive equal amounts no matter what is their stake in the Bitcoin pie? People are not equal, this is a fact whether you like it or not. Some took a greater risk by investing into BTC early on, they should be rewarded more for that risk. You almost sound like some crazed social justice warrior. Your idea would be absolutely unfair.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:24:56 PM

I still want Byteballs and blackbytes on my Ledger Nano S Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: