Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233975 times)
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:15:07 AM

Target price for 1 GB is 16 BTC.
It is a point at which Byteball achieves parity with Bitcoin in terms of marketcap.

not sure any altcoin will ever do that. bitcoins a store... whilst everyone values something against bitcoin it shows they want to return to bitcoin.

its like in the real world wanting silver to overtake gold. not going to happen. price can rise sure but you wont reach parity. you can however acquire more byteballs to achieve the desired btc amount.

bitcoin was the first. it will always be the first.
It'n not an axiom. Bitcoin is a piece of shit from technical side. And one time it's monopoly will be crashed. In close future.

Bitcoin has worked pretty much flawlessly for every minute of every day under intense pressure for years on end while armies of people have done everything possible to rip it apart. That's technical shit?

i agree. bitcoin has smart minds on it way smarter than i. why do people insist bitcoin will fall and insert coin here will dethrone it. i like byteball i have a fair chunk but many coins many uses. therewont be one single coin to rule all much like there isnt 1 fiat currency. bitcoin is valuable is a store of value is trusted. this faith is in relation to money constantly spent on hashing etc. it doesnt do micro transactions well though. it doesnt do conditional contracts like byteball either. different uses. ill bet everyone in byteball and other coins would like more bitcoin though else id expect all their holdings to be in byteball only and to start counting it against usd not btc Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 04:55:16 AM

Haven't sync'ed my wallet for a 1month, seems it takes forever to get sync'ed... performance is an issue!

Yes, but you don't have to run a full node and can switch to a light wallet which syncs in a few seconds.

You dont' need a full wallet for an average use. Switch to a light wallet.

How to switch to a light wallet? Is it a different wallet or is it done in the full one?

The best, easiest, and only way that I know of is:
close the client, rename the directory, and restart the client.
- This will create a new wallet and you select light.  Then you copy both the byteball and blackbyte wallet addresses.

Then, close client, rename the new wallet directory, then rename the original back to byteball.  Start the client.
Then transfer the coins to the new addresses you recorded earlier.

Ok, close client, rename folder to whatever, and rename the new wallet back to byteball.  Start the client and see the byteballs have been transferred to your new light wallet.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16585

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 05:12:35 AM

ico buy ins are just another scam method to make money. if the believed in their vision they'd release first then ask. not this we want to make this give money. projects sometimes generate 100 million. seriously its a team of 5. how can they need 100 million to get started. google, apple etc didnt start with 100 million in cash. how many of these ico funded projects have got anywhere? how many will be around in years to come? once sec comes down hard these unregistered securities wont be worh jack. just because they call it and ico doesnt mean its not an ipo.

just because they incorporate in some third world country doesnt mean as a us cutizen they cant be charged for sell to us citizens. its a ticking timebomb waiting to blow and its a dotcom bubble pop all over again.
The market currently expects everything that does an ICO to turn to gold. Go up 100x in months, just like it did the past few months.
This of course can't keep going. If a stock value increases 10% per year, it's doing good. People now expect 30% per day! Greed makes them blind, and when the bubble pops, they lose big time. Several altcoins lost 98% of their value in the past, it can happen again. It's a high stake gamble at the moment.
Don't forget: the ones pumping and dumping need you to make their profit. They want your money! Of course you can earn from it if you get in and out at the right moment, but that's not the goal of the pump.

And that's another reason I like Byteball: no promises, it all just works already!
But: it does make me worry what will happen after the airdrops stop: will it have gained enough momentum to keep going? Will it's insurance smart contracts actually be used? Will it have enough new witnesses? I'm actually thinking of creating one, and I'd also like to create a Byteball based token, just to be the first (?).
If only I can find the time to do so.

dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:08:31 AM

ico buy ins are just another scam method to make money. if the believed in their vision they'd release first then ask. not this we want to make this give money. projects sometimes generate 100 million. seriously its a team of 5. how can they need 100 million to get started. google, apple etc didnt start with 100 million in cash. how many of these ico funded projects have got anywhere? how many will be around in years to come? once sec comes down hard these unregistered securities wont be worh jack. just because they call it and ico doesnt mean its not an ipo.

just because they incorporate in some third world country doesnt mean as a us cutizen they cant be charged for sell to us citizens. its a ticking timebomb waiting to blow and its a dotcom bubble pop all over again.
The market currently expects everything that does an ICO to turn to gold. Go up 100x in months, just like it did the past few months.
This of course can't keep going. If a stock value increases 10% per year, it's doing good. People now expect 30% per day! Greed makes them blind, and when the bubble pops, they lose big time. Several altcoins lost 98% of their value in the past, it can happen again. It's a high stake gamble at the moment.
Don't forget: the ones pumping and dumping need you to make their profit. They want your money! Of course you can earn from it if you get in and out at the right moment, but that's not the goal of the pump.

And that's another reason I like Byteball: no promises, it all just works already!
But: it does make me worry what will happen after the airdrops stop: will it have gained enough momentum to keep going? Will it's insurance smart contracts actually be used? Will it have enough new witnesses? I'm actually thinking of creating one, and I'd also like to create a Byteball based token, just to be the first (?).
If only I can find the time to do so.

Yes I agree, the ICO easy money day will be gone soon. There are too many irresponsible promises and illusions out there, and huge hype.

Byteball has everything, it's a quite coin will make people realize that it is one of the best. And unlike some of the "top 10" coins with highly controlled value with very little trades to keep their value. This one is widely held now and will be the future.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

I there!
i'm new on byteball.
I'm installing the latest wallet on win 10 64bit pro.
But syncing stucks on 0%..
Any tips to speed up cyncing?
maybe there is an online link to download a blockchain snapshot?
thank you

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:17:37 AM

I there!
i'm new on byteball.
thank you

it is better for u to close the client, delete byteball folder in user/yourname/AppData/Local directory and start the client again in the light mode. Otherwise the sync will frustrate you forever
Randomshot

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:17:57 AM

I there!
i'm new on byteball.
thank you
Try light wallet, you don't need full database to use Byteball.
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:57:21 AM

@Tonych

Can you please give more precision about the rule changes that will come starting from August distribution? The OP mentions it but I am a bit confused about how the new rules will be (maybe a little math formula would help to understand?).

Thx
XCNP

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:58:45 AM

It is another project which benefits more to those who already own good amount of money. At start this distribution method seemed one of the best to me but when I observed dumps after every distribution period I realized those with fat Bitcoin wallets liquidate immediately Gbytes received for free. It can be more fair by changing eligibility criteria and must be allowed to only bytes/blackbytes holders to qualify for free distribution.
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:55:03 AM

@Tonych

Can you please give more precision about the rule changes that will come starting from August distribution? The OP mentions it but I am a bit confused about how the new rules will be (maybe a little math formula would help to understand?).

Thx
will be interesting to see some formula aswell.
Ted_Nugent

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:12:11 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 01:28:09 PM by Ted_Nugent

Fair Initial Distribution???
I found this offer for free byteball crypto's (i.e. Blackbytes) suspect. I wondered how the price for this crypto could be around the $700 mark, when there are other crypto's with just as good, if not better, technology behind this. I wondered if the input of sending your bitcoins for Blackbytes was just pumping up the price?

I'm here even more concerned in that for sending around $3.50 USD worth of my Bitcoins, plus the $1.50 mining fee, that I got a message back saying that they are seeing that I own Zero bitcoins, which means no free Blackbytes for me and I've just lost $5+ USD. This then offers a web page to look at the reason why it is showing zero bitcoins, of which helps little. I've got 2 bitcoins in my wallet, not zero bitcoins. There is no message for to help you otherwise and this lends to the potential further loss of leading to getting you to have another attempt - no thanks.  I've sent an email requesting help on this, but to date have not gotten a reply. As far as I'm concerned this marketing ploy is a pump on the price of this crypto and I've been ripped off i.e. this is a scam. I'd be interested to hear from others regarding if they have had the same thing happen to them?
ByteFan

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:27:14 PM

I found this offer for free byteball crypto's (i.e. Blackbytes) suspect. I wondered how the price for this crypto could be around the $700 mark, when there are other crypto's with just as good, if not better, technology behind this. I wondered if the input of sending your bitcoins for Blackbytes was just pumping up the price?

I'm here even more concerned in that for sending around $3.50 USD worth of my Bitcoins, plus the $1.50 mining fee, that I got a message back saying that they are seeing that I own Zero bitcoins. This then offers a web page to look at the reason why it is showing zero bitcoins, of which helps little. I've got 2 bitcoins in my wallet, not zero bitcoins. There is no message for to help you otherwise and this lends to the potential further loss of leading to getting you to have another attempt - no thanks.  I've sent an email requesting help on this, but to date have not gotten a reply. As far as I'm concerned this marketing ploy is a pump on the price of this crypto and I've been ripped off i.e. this is a scam. I'd be interested to hear from if others have had the same thing happen to them?

Your must have change addresses in your BTC wallet that's why your linked BTC address shows a zero balance. Move all your BTC back to the BTC address you linked.
randomben

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:34:06 PM

Why you think this coin price will not collapse after 1+ BTC prices in some point. There coming even more coins all the time?

How many % is next distribution?
Ted_Nugent

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:37:12 PM

I'm here even more concerned in that for sending around $3.50 USD worth of my Bitcoins, plus the $1.50 mining fee, that I got a message back saying that they are seeing that I own Zero bitcoins. This then offers a web page to look at the reason why it is showing zero bitcoins, of which helps little. I've got 2 bitcoins in my wallet, not zero bitcoins. There is no message for to help you otherwise and this lends to the potential further loss of leading to getting you to have another attempt - no thanks.  I've sent an email requesting help on this, but to date have not gotten a reply. As far as I'm concerned this marketing ploy is a pump on the price of this crypto and I've been ripped off i.e. this is a scam. I'd be interested to hear from if others have had the same thing happen to them?

Your must have change addresses in your BTC wallet that's why your linked BTC address shows a zero balance. Move all your BTC back to the BTC address you linked.

I gave Byteball the address that Jaxx wallet gave me as the address of my bitcoins. I never changed any address, while Byteball now has some fee Bitcoins from me. If I never changed this address and never moved them out of this address, I don't understand how I can move it back to this address. The only thing that I can think is that on this day I did convert bitcoins to Ethereum a few hours prior and I'd say that this ethereum transaction had about 5 confirmations on Electrum wallet, but Jaxx wallet was showing that it was confirmed, no problems, with a good deal more confirmations. Could this transaction, while in flux, cause Byteball to see something different from the blockchain? Still they got my bitcoins? so how does this work? Seriously "You must have changed addresses in your BTC wallet" makes no sense to me?
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:42:51 PM

I'm here even more concerned in that for sending around $3.50 USD worth of my Bitcoins, plus the $1.50 mining fee, that I got a message back saying that they are seeing that I own Zero bitcoins, which means no free Blackbytes for me and I've just lost $5+ USD. This then offers a web page to look at the reason why it is showing zero bitcoins, of which helps little. I've got 2 bitcoins in my wallet, not zero bitcoins. There is no message for to help you otherwise and this lends to the potential further loss of leading to getting you to have another attempt - no thanks.  I've sent an email requesting help on this, but to date have not gotten a reply. As far as I'm concerned this marketing ploy is a pump on the price of this crypto and I've been ripped off i.e. this is a scam. I'd be interested to hear from others regarding if they have had the same thing happen to them?

I am sorry but you are just a noob, don't be pissed of when you have no idea at all!

1. Don't look at the price for one GB, take a look at the market cap of Byteball, than you will see that byteball is not so expensive!

-Can we finally please realize the change to MB, I am really sick of this discussions!
Please do it Tony Smiley

2.And when you had read some comments here you would know that many had the same problem with the bitcoin adress!
It is not a problem of the Byteball system, is a problem of your Bitcoin wallet!
You have many adresses in your wallet-account, you have to transfer all your bitcoins to the adress which is linked with Byteball!
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:44:34 PM

I'm here even more concerned in that for sending around $3.50 USD worth of my Bitcoins, plus the $1.50 mining fee, that I got a message back saying that they are seeing that I own Zero bitcoins, which means no free Blackbytes for me and I've just lost $5+ USD. This then offers a web page to look at the reason why it is showing zero bitcoins, of which helps little. I've got 2 bitcoins in my wallet, not zero bitcoins. There is no message for to help you otherwise and this lends to the potential further loss of leading to getting you to have another attempt - no thanks.  I've sent an email requesting help on this, but to date have not gotten a reply. As far as I'm concerned this marketing ploy is a pump on the price of this crypto and I've been ripped off i.e. this is a scam. I'd be interested to hear from others regarding if they have had the same thing happen to them?

Man, you shouldn't put your money into things you totally don't understand.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
Ted_Nugent

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:50:49 PM

I am sorry but you are just a noob, don't be pissed of when you have no idea at all!

1. Don't look at the price for one GB, take a look at the market cap of Byteball, than you will see that byteball is not so expensive!

-Can we finally please realize the change to MB, I am really sick of this discussions!
Please do it Tony Smiley

2.And when you had read some comments here you would know that many had the same problem with the bitcoin adress!
It is not a problem of the Byteball system, is a problem of your Bitcoin wallet!
You have many adresses in your wallet-account, you have to transfer all your bitcoins to the adress which is linked with Byteball!

Thanks for some insight. Yep, I'm a noob. So these points that you raise are intriguing, as I was wondering about the MB factor, yet I'm also to understand the market cap component as well. Transfer "ALL" of my bitcoins?HuhHuh As a noob = HELL NO. This would go to the next comment that was posted regarding not putting my money into what I don't understand. I'm willing to send a fraction of a bitcoin as a gamble, but not "All of my bitcoins. Thanks also for revealing that others have had this problem with the address in this thread; this gives me an avenue that I can then understand this.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:51:56 PM

@Tonych

Thx

will be interesting to see some formula aswell.

If you are talking about this:

The 8th and subsequent rounds (yet to be announced) will follow similar rules, but the relative weight of bytes vs. BTC (i.e. which amount of bytes gives the same share in the new distribution as 1 BTC) in the 8th and further rounds will change and will gradually increase to 1 BTC=62.5 MB.  It will be selected to maximize the value of bytes and keep the speed of distribution in sync with the growth of user base and the actual use of the network.  The ratio 62.5 MB per 1 BTC is chosen so that the total money supply of bytes (1015) and the total number of BTC in circulation (16,000,000) are equivalent.

Then this means that the rules will change at some point (like they did from +10% to +20% for byte holders and stayed the same for Bitcoin holders) to favor byte holders over Bitcoin holders until 1 BTC grants the same as 62.5 MB. For the time being, 1 BTC grants the same as 312.5 MB, they both grant 62.5 MB.

If you are talking about something else, then please refer the quote from OP. Thx.

ByteFan

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:58:17 PM

Sorry but still dont' get it

For the time being, 1 BTC grants the same as 312.5 MB

Do you mean 1 BTC linked from the very first round? 6x62.5=375MB

shinjikun

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:05:34 PM

Transfer "ALL" of my bitcoins?HuhHuh As a noob = HELL NO. This would go to the next comment that was posted regarding not putting my money into what I don't understand. I'm willing to send a fraction of a bitcoin as a gamble, but not "All of my bitcoins. Thanks also for revealing that others have had this problem with the address in this thread; this gives me an avenue that I can then understand this.

No.

You have to move your BTC to your own linked adress. Not to anyone else. And no. You probably haven't. You have many adresses in your wallet. If you don'z want to move all off your BTC you can also linke more BTC-Adresses to your Byteball-Adress. And you don't need to send BTC to link. You can also sign a message.
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: