Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:03:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Paypal a scam?  (Read 50516 times)
beafheart

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:11:09 PM

I'm sure it's not scammers

I agree to you, it is not scammer, I used that before and it works fine and good, it is just that we have now bitcoin that we use fastly and more securely.
Apart from this, Bitcoin is better than Paypal in term of service, but PayPal is a not a scam for surety.

Well, this depends on how you look at PayPal because most people that purchase things on Ebay like to use PayPal because it's quick and pretty much the only option to get products packed and shipped to your house within no time.

Businesses that use PayPal don't like it because PayPal freezes Business accounts without any reasoning sometimes.
That is the most popular reason why most people don't like having money in PayPal. There shouldn't be much of an issue if they already verified the profile and Business account and checking it after they send money to another person/Business.

I never led a business through this system. I used PayPal privately. And I had no problems with this payment system. But I would not like my savings to freeze for no reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:27:02 PM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
No! Paypal is not a scam, although I'm a bitcoin lover. It maybe true only that , many of their clients/customer are complaining to their services which giving them a different issues.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:00:54 PM

I have had an issue with Paypal and while I was trying to look for a solution on the internet, I came across this website (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html) where everybody is complaining about Paypal. Most of the complains were actually similar to the one that I have. I thought Paypal is a credible company but now I have started feeling worried about my funds stuck in the accounts.
No! Paypal is not a scam, although I'm a bitcoin lover. It maybe true only that , many of their clients/customer are complaining to their services which giving them a different issues.

In some cases the complaints people have towards PayPal are well justified, but in other cases it's not always PayPal that should receive people's blame. If you browse through their TOS (I know it's boring and no one really does it) then it's clearly visible that you can't just expect PayPal to sit back and do nothing. It's the government that from behind the scenes is forcing all kinds of services to tighten their policies.

PayPal obeys everything coming from the government as they basically have no choice. If you don't want to get bothered with all things that PayPal can or might do (e.g. put balances on hold till you can show solid proof of where that money comes from), then just skip PayPal, but don't complain in case such a thing happens to you since you agreed to their terms.
babsalt1975

Activity: 526
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:25:43 PM

In some cases the complaints people have towards PayPal are well justified, but in other cases it's not always PayPal that should receive people's blame. If you browse through their TOS (I know it's boring and no one really does it) then it's clearly visible that you can't just expect PayPal to sit back and do nothing. It's the government that from behind the scenes is forcing all kinds of services to tighten their policies.

PayPal obeys everything coming from the government as they basically have no choice. If you don't want to get bothered with all things that PayPal can or might do (e.g. put balances on hold till you can show solid proof of where that money comes from), then just skip PayPal, but don't complain in case such a thing happens to you since you agreed to their terms.

It is true that PayPal are very keen on government regulations because any violation will lead to dire consequences. At the same time, they are also trying to safeguard their customers interests by protecting them from would fraudsters. All these said, they need to be considerate to some cases which seem to be genuine. Just blocking peoples accounts with funds in them is not a good option. My account was blocked with over 1000 USD yet the mistake was mot mine.
CODE200

Activity: 1400
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:06:01 AM

I think paypal is not a scam because thats what the millionaire use for there transaction and paypal is supported by the government that's why i know it's not a scam. I heard that paypal also used to buy online games, and online shopping.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:59:14 AM

I think paypal is not a scam because thats what the millionaire use for there transaction and paypal is supported by the government that's why i know it's not a scam. I heard that paypal also used to buy online games, and online shopping.

I doubt that the core of paypal business are millionaires.
Also there is no government involved in Paypal.

Please stop with these things.
Paypal is just a service provider, a payment gateway.

A company that provided a pretty good service back in the old days and that still does so.
People are using paypal because they trust it , it's damn simple and they have support available.
Even a moron can use paypal. Unfortunately.....

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:33:23 PM

yes i also agree with you that we cannot consider paypal as scam, i think still its service is available in most of the countries of the world, although now bitcoin is taking its place but still bitcoin is applicable in most area.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:55:37 PM

I dont know about others. But with my 10+ years of experience with PayPal I will say that PayPal never actually scam people. Its the people who dont go by the policies/terms/legality/commitment while using PayPal. And thus when there is some sort of issues, then PayPal does the arbitration & whoever provides the proof and which is admissible, PayPal takes care of the decision. I am not taking their side. This is what my experience says.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:03:17 PM

yes i also agree with you that we cannot consider paypal as scam, i think still its service is available in most of the countries of the world, although now bitcoin is taking its place but still bitcoin is applicable in most area.
Yeah PayPal is not a scam, this is just a service provider who helps in making business as well other transaction with certain limitations. Mainly this has been used by people who involve into cross border transactions.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:46:36 PM

I dont know about others. But with my 10+ years of experience with PayPal I will say that PayPal never actually scam people. Its the people who dont go by the policies/terms/legality/commitment while using PayPal. And thus when there is some sort of issues, then PayPal does the arbitration & whoever provides the proof and which is admissible, PayPal takes care of the decision. I am not taking their side. This is what my experience says.
yes that is right to say, i also do not think that paypal ever scam people, although its service is not available in my country, but still i know some people as they are my friends and the are using paypal for a long long time and i think they are happy with it, to me i personally using bitcoin as its service is available everywhere in the world. and is more reliable and trusted than any other payment system.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:36:27 PM

It's impossible for PayPal to scam anyone, they're massively regulated due to their prominence and state as an official regulated company.

They're a terrible service and they're not a good choice for people to hold a lot of money in, but they're not a scam by any means.

justdimin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:54:38 PM

I agree to you, it is not scammer, I used that before and it works fine and good, it is just that we have now bitcoin that we use fastly and more securely.
Apart from this, Bitcoin is better than Paypal in term of service, but PayPal is a not a scam for surety.
Paypal is a legal and worldwide accepted payment processor and guys therefore they have to maintain some strict rules and terms.

I mean they just cannot make the payment irreversible because it will give scammers a easy way to scam out. But at the same time that security is being breached too easily by some wrong doers and they are just making that reversible system a advantage to themselves in scamming.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:00:03 PM

yes that is right that is paypal is not a scam and it is performing its service in better way but the thing due to which people are calling it as scam is that some people due to some reason cannot remain for longer with them as they often freeze some accounts due to unwanted acts by these people.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 08:23:33 PM

It's impossible for PayPal to scam anyone, they're massively regulated due to their prominence and state as an official regulated company.

They're a terrible service and they're not a good choice for people to hold a lot of money in, but they're not a scam by any means.
Paypal now is highly secured anytime you can dispute your transaction and contact them that you didn't to any transaction that have been made on your account. Paypal holding payments or money for security reason that is why people nowadays are choosing bitcoin no need to do etc things. Paypal is big company and will don't do anything stupid.

Skarner21

Activity: 700

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 08:34:41 PM

Paypal now is highly secured anytime you can dispute your transaction and contact them that you didn't to any transaction that have been made on your account. Paypal holding payments or money for security reason that is why people nowadays are choosing bitcoin no need to do etc things. Paypal is big company and will don't do anything stupid.
You can email them in their support and if you send your money in the wrong email you can get it back sooner even you are sent it as family and friends.  they can be still reverse the payment.
So for those who are want to deal paypal to bitcoin and bitcoin to paypal only trusted members or people you should choose because anytime they can reverse the payment..

Make crypto as your bank.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:23:15 PM

Yeah PayPal is not a scam, this is just a service provider who helps in making business as well other transaction with certain limitations. Mainly this has been used by people who involve into cross border transactions.
Paypal is really a big community and i do not think that paypal scam to people because a lot of people are using paypal and paypal is using for internationally.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:55:32 AM

Paypal is really a big community and i do not think that paypal scam to people because a lot of people are using paypal and paypal is using for internationally.
Not because paypal have chargebacks it doesn't mean that paypal is scam. You are right that there is a lot of people using paypal as their another type of wallet and most of the people in the internet use paypal. Paypal is one of the biggest company online that having service like bitcoin which is offering digital money but i think paypal and bitcoin is the same and we don't need to do an accusation for any of them because they are both created from some reason.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:24:29 AM

I don't like Paypal , after you receive 1,800usd in your account , it will be limited and you must to provide a photo from real card identity + some other stuff about you , like invoice of power electricity , to confirm your identity and your location .
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:36:55 AM

I would also recommend that you stay away from Paypal like all the other people on that website is saying. Paypal freezes your funds for 180 days for unknown reasons. You could always exchange your Paypal funds into Bitcoin funds in the Currency exchange board. So, if you don't want somebody disputing their payments to you, or getting your account frozen for 6 months, then go ahead and convert all your Paypal funds into Bitcoin.
i have experienced this thing too,my transaction of worth 500$ got freezed due to some reasons.I think it is some sort of system error and some problems about sending the money through a email.All transaction in paypal maybe disputed but there is a way to avoid it.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:58:13 AM

I don't like Paypal , after you receive 1,800usd in your account , it will be limited and you must to provide a photo from real card identity + some other stuff about you , like invoice of power electricity , to confirm your identity and your location .

Really? Maybe it is just for security purposes because your having big amount on transaction and they might get in trouble on that like in banking The bank ask the client what is their source of income so they can estimate on how much money can you produce, so in paypal maybe that is their way too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: