Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:28:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662369 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ERossin

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:08:37 AM

Any news of the MTP?

Currently the refactoring of the code is more or less complete but we are working on the difficulty retarget.

Once that is done, then MTP can be finalized. Aizensou is back at work after a few weeks off and also meeting up with Poramin in Thailand to discuss.

Syncing which used to take days can be done in a few hours now and is a lot more reliable but we are still finalizing testing. You can follow this in our sync fix tree. https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/tree/sync-fix-0.8.7.7. We expect this to be even better once our Bitcoin core is upgraded.

In other news Riordant has started work on the Ethereum Zerocoin mixer.

You'll see that our cryptographer Tim has contributed to certain libzerocoin fixes and improvements which are ongoing (you can see this in our master push). https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commit/a1d02ff2caf51b0b7d0255570a2e8e0b965326cf

We'll have some additional members joining our team soon as well which we will announce in due course.

I still believe this project and I'm ready to wait for MTP released soon . To finish a new algo some Devs are trying to solve many issues for this algo.
It will need more time to do this fact. In my view, This MTP will be released in next month. Please keep patient and buy more cheap coins before it's rising higher after then.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■    PRIVATE SALE is LIVE    ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
Skynet
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 984
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 09:12:44 AM

As for daily interaction, I'll be happy to answer constructive questions. As a policy we won't comment on price speculations or FUD or concern trolls.

For our MTP development and sync fixes this has been done on a weekly basis and our Slack is very much the place for the latest updates. Note that MTP is really being built from scratch and even a well funded project such as Zcash took many months to code Equihash.

For MTP, there's not always something new to talk about daily and we have been spammed by requests for updates. A single task doesn't take one day to complete especially with a task as big as this one. We have been giving weekly updates and in fact on a more regular basis in Slack but we will not post exact time-frames as that's not how software development works but we aren't too far off. We don't want to create unnecessary hype or give people too exact a timeframe. After all, it's all a long term game for the dev team and MTP is one of the foundational blocks of Zcoin. Other developments in the pipeline are much easier to develop given there are existing codebases to work off.

MTP is decidedly ambitious and one of the reasons we haven't been pushing updates to github just yet is we don't want a rival project to take our code and leapfrog us after all the work we've done. Once we have something ready, then all the updates will be pushed but a lot of work has been done and we are near the finish line.

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
torig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:55:09 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 07:37:53 AM by torig

Yesterday install new UBUNTU 17.04.
The XZC wallet work fine.
XZC to da moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srN1GsnBui8
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:26:54 AM

As for daily interaction, I'll be happy to answer constructive questions. As a policy we won't comment on price speculations or FUD or concern trolls.

For our MTP development and sync fixes this has been done on a weekly basis and our Slack is very much the place for the latest updates. Note that MTP is really being built from scratch and even a well funded project such as Zcash took many months to code Equihash.

For MTP, there's not always something new to talk about daily and we have been spammed by requests for updates. A single task doesn't take one day to complete especially with a task as big as this one. We have been giving weekly updates and in fact on a more regular basis in Slack but we will not post exact time-frames as that's not how software development works but we aren't too far off. We don't want to create unnecessary hype or give people too exact a timeframe. After all, it's all a long term game for the dev team and MTP is one of the foundational blocks of Zcoin. Other developments in the pipeline are much easier to develop given there are existing codebases to work off.

MTP is decidedly ambitious and one of the reasons we haven't been pushing updates to github just yet is we don't want a rival project to take our code and leapfrog us after all the work we've done. Once we have something ready, then all the updates will be pushed but a lot of work has been done and we are near the finish line.
Nice, hope, you will have success. XZC is interesting project and MTP will bring new life to it. I think we need just to wait a little. And what about Z-nodes?
dasgardo87

Activity: 235

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:58:43 AM

hi thank you for the respond, btw can you update in this forum too, since i believe that forum more easy for member to navigate, or to resume his previous reading page, and i also belive there are more member who get update about zcoin here than in slack
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:26:23 PM

in a nutshell...where does this project want to get to? what's the achievement ambition?
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:37:50 PM

Is it just me or the wallet takes hours to load? I remember when the project started it was the same, maybe syncing improved a bit but when loading wallet it takes forever to open.
zcoinofficial (OP)

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 03:25:44 AM

hi thank you for the respond, btw can you update in this forum too, since i believe that forum more easy for member to navigate, or to resume his previous reading page, and i also belive there are more member who get update about zcoin here than in slack

Some very promising updates have been pushed for the sync fixes. They mainly come from the 0.13 core code and this has been contributed by Leoreinaux. A lot of the sync problems were cause of the older Bitcoin core and how it handled orphans and sockets.

For MTP there's also good progress yesterday. After discussion with djm34 and tromp, we found a way to resolve the two remaining obstacles we had which was mining difficulty and the low hashrate we were achieving with our reference implementation so the path to completing it is clear now.

Is it just me or the wallet takes hours to load? I remember when the project started it was the same, maybe syncing improved a bit but when loading wallet it takes forever to open.

the first load is slow but subsequent loads takes seconds for me. Should be improved soon with our sync improvements.

in a nutshell...where does this project want to get to? what's the achievement ambition?

Financial privacy is our main aim where we want to achieve it while striking a balance between high anonymity, usability, scalability with strong and proven cryptography while keeping supply auditable. However the Zerocoin tech also has other applications such as use in voting systems or blind auction systems so we potentially can use it to build a platform for such things.

Our mining algorithm also is pretty groundbreaking by allowing a memory hard asic resistant algorithm that can be verified quickly.

From the investor standpoint, Znodes will offer participants a way to earn XZC by contributing back to the network through their computing resources while earning a portion of the block reward.

firo.org
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 04:55:33 AM

Hey anyone has a fresh blockchain snapshot or a bootstrap file for XZC? The wallet takes forever to sync from the scratch, for some reason it freezes every several seconds Undecided.
Thanks.

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
zcoinofficial (OP)

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 04:57:36 AM

Hey anyone has a fresh blockchain snapshot or a bootstrap file for XZC? The wallet takes forever to sync from the scratch, for some reason it freezes every several seconds Undecided.
Thanks.

znode.io will provide an updated blockchain snapshop though it still takes about a day to verify but at least u won't get stuck. The fix for this is underway and good progress is being done.

firo.org
Goruno

Activity: 401
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:44:11 AM

Some very promising updates have been pushed for the sync fixes. They mainly come from the 0.13 core code and this has been contributed by Leoreinaux. A lot of the sync problems were cause of the older Bitcoin core and how it handled orphans and sockets.

For MTP there's also good progress yesterday. After discussion with djm34 and tromp, we found a way to resolve the two remaining obstacles we had which was mining difficulty and the low hashrate we were achieving with our reference implementation so the path to completing it is clear now.

Financial privacy is our main aim where we want to achieve it while striking a balance between high anonymity, usability, scalability with strong and proven cryptography while keeping supply auditable. However the Zerocoin tech also has other applications such as use in voting systems or blind auction systems so we potentially can use it to build a platform for such things.

Our mining algorithm also is pretty groundbreaking by allowing a memory hard asic resistant algorithm that can be verified quickly.

From the investor standpoint, Znodes will offer participants a way to earn XZC by contributing back to the network through their computing resources while earning a portion of the block reward.

It's very interesting to see this notice. I think we are closer to the MTP algo. Devs are trying to work hard to complete it and I believe it will be released soon . Patience is a key of success. Don't miss this chance .
gsxrboy

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:11:14 PM

Seems a question of time , until the price rockets,  seems a good buying opportunity now
Telepo

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 03:15:13 PM

It's very interesting to see this notice. I think we are closer to the MTP algo. Devs are trying to work hard to complete it and I believe it will be released soon . Patience is a key of success. Don't miss this chance .

You are right. I have bought some coins to hold it for long-time period and I don't care How long this MTP is released because I have my trust in this project and new specifications of zcoin.

Minexcoin — A new era of payments ||ICO ||DISCUSSION
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:37:28 PM

looking at xzc for some time now. started buying some days ago. When I first started looking at this coin there where a lot of disagreement between devs. that seems to be sorted out? How has this played out? Sorry this have obviously been answered but hard to find it back in all the pages.
Also at that time I read thing about huge amounts of coins where in the hands of few people. those two things scared me off back then but was obviously not the right call since it went up like 30 times from there.. does anyone recall what I read about the whales having such a large portion of xzc? tried to find it back but coudnt find it anymore.. was this just fud or was there some truth in it?

I must say I got excited about the new algo think xzc is on the right track
zcoinofficial (OP)

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 03:11:08 AM

looking at xzc for some time now. started buying some days ago. When I first started looking at this coin there where a lot of disagreement between devs. that seems to be sorted out? How has this played out? Sorry this have obviously been answered but hard to find it back in all the pages.
Also at that time I read thing about huge amounts of coins where in the hands of few people. those two things scared me off back then but was obviously not the right call since it went up like 30 times from there.. does anyone recall what I read about the whales having such a large portion of xzc? tried to find it back but coudnt find it anymore.. was this just fud or was there some truth in it?

Welcome back!

That co-founder has left the project and has no longer any relations but he didn't do any dev work. He still has confusingly retained his old website and Twitter and Slack but has not actively posted on it for months. We consider the matter resolved.

The big wallets are a lot of the exchanges and our explorer rich list gives a good idea of the spread though I think some of the exchange wallets are not all labelled there as I see one of the big ones there definitely being a Bittrex one. The big whales that we know of that bought up a lot have made a lot of efforts in selling their Zcoin OTC and it's spread out a lot now.

firo.org
ERossin

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:32:36 PM

Yes, you are right . I have been in this project for long-term period and I still buy it everytime it's deeply down .
I really believe in this zcoin and it must become a hottest coin in next months. Once Investors recognize this value of zcoin then they will feel regretful due to selling this coin or not buying it.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■    PRIVATE SALE is LIVE    ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
Skynet
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Easteregg69

Activity: 1437
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:58:20 PM

zcoin wallet! What does the "mint" button do? Belived it to be a minerfunction.

I pressed it (don't do that.. i guess.) and 1.01 zcoin was removed from the wallet with no explanation. That was like 85 % of my savings on that account.

Thomas.

PS: 90 seconds pause between searches here. Should i go and pet my goldfish while waiting?

PSS: Ha, I just opened the wallet and 1.0 zcoin was returned after initial startup. Love u guys :-) Gotta be the Stockholm syndrome..

Actually the naming is a bit confusing as most people think "Mint" means like a Proof of Stake mint. Although we are using the correct terminology where we are 'Minting' a Zerocoin and then "Spending" it to become a normal coin again with transaction history wiped. This is what is used in the Zerocoin paper.

But for users, this is confusing and we may change the wording to "Anonymize" and "Redeem".

Minting means you burn up XZC and keep it in the 'Zerocoin laundry". The spend means you redeem the Zerocoin and turn it into a XZC again with totally wiped transaction history. This is how the anonymity function works.

Thank you. The coin is going (My alltime high checking it):
 $7.52 (28.44%)
0.00328070 BTC (25.40%)

Expensive money..

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
huxdy

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:23:21 PM

I know something good is happening Cool Cool Cool
bamsterdam

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:35:57 AM

Welcome back!

That co-founder has left the project and has no longer any relations but he didn't do any dev work. He still has confusingly retained his old website and Twitter and Slack but has not actively posted on it for months. We consider the matter resolved.

The big wallets are a lot of the exchanges and our explorer rich list gives a good idea of the spread though I think some of the exchange wallets are not all labelled there as I see one of the big ones there definitely being a Bittrex one. The big whales that we know of that bought up a lot have made a lot of efforts in selling their Zcoin OTC and it's spread out a lot now.

Thank you for replying to my post. just placed some more buy orders in the last days forgot to check on my question though Roll Eyes but that is says something about the confidence I allready had appearently.

Glad the matter is resolved to bad it had to go this way but its a good thing things have moved forward now. About the wales every coin has them and there needed to some lvl to pump the coin to created some fomo at some point but to much isnt good either ofcourse. Will try to follow this tread more closely. Goodluck !!
bamsterdam

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:41:32 AM

Yes, you are right . I have been in this project for long-term period and I still buy it everytime it's deeply down .
I really believe in this zcoin and it must become a hottest coin in next months. Once Investors recognize this value of zcoin then they will feel regretful due to selling this coin or not buying it.

Yeah I see some room for growth. Zcoin wil have enough strengt on his own to grow bc of development and choises that have been made.

I also think that the succes of zcash will pull zcoin up.
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: