Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:46:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662496 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
JasonSW

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:38:39 PM

hi i have problem with zcoin pc wallet
its not been synce and processed stoped on 670 of 40k from last day !
may help me please how i can fast download ?

Get a blockchain downloaded: http://znode.io/
hi thanks for reply me.
how i use that ?
i extract Blocks and Chainstate Folders to Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\zcoin ,its right ?
i doing that but Zcoin wallet run and stop on Loading wallet..
what i doing now ?

Remember to make a backup of wallet.dat under Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\zcoin, and then remove everything except wallet.dat (I guess you didn't delete files, that's might be the reason of errors), then unzip block chain files into that.

Close the qt-wallet before you doing the above, and then launch up the wallet. I haven't done through the above though, but believe should work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ho3in

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:43:37 PM

hi i have problem with zcoin pc wallet
its not been synce and processed stoped on 670 of 40k from last day !
may help me please how i can fast download ?

Get a blockchain downloaded: http://znode.io/
hi thanks for reply me.
how i use that ?
i extract Blocks and Chainstate Folders to Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\zcoin ,its right ?
i doing that but Zcoin wallet run and stop on Loading wallet..
what i doing now ?

Remember to make a backup of wallet.dat under Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\zcoin, and then remove everything except wallet.dat (I guess you didn't delete files, that's might be the reason of errors), then unzip block chain files into that.

Close the qt-wallet before you doing the above, and then launch up the wallet. I haven't done through the above though, but believe should work.
Awesome.Thank you sir Kiss Kiss Kiss
ineedtofart

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:41:44 AM

does anyone know why i get  "GPU #0: invalid device function" when i try to mine? (ccminer)
i'm using nvidia GeForce 610m
thanks
playingpoodles

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:53:51 AM

You are just a worthless liar J_A_Bankster, you wrote "zcoin remained relatively stable", no it didn't it dropped from $19 to about $10.50 at low point. Now it's around $11.50. That isn't "relatively stable", and unless you believe your own lies you know that.

I don't really mind people like you lying, although when it's as outrageous and blatant as this I'm happy to point it out as I have done.

Since you asked, yes, I like being me. Why did I post that about the devs doing what I think was a misleading pump announcement of an announcement - because I don't like it. I think it gives someone some short term gain - them? - but it's shortsighted. You build trust and long term significant price rise by doing things the proper way. Dash did this. They started off with an instamine and got hated by everyone. But then they did it right and by the book, and all of the early investors would be extremely wealthy now.

My comments can't influence the market price one way or another. They can perhaps inform it.

Look at you frustrated loser calling everybody a liar lol.. ZCoin recently went from $8 to $18.... and gradually came down as is normal after a pump i might add... Then last week Ethereum - the hottest stock in the world right now - crashed nearly 30% and zcoin remained relatively stable...so where is the lie again?

Besides, whats wrong with you little snowflake..? Crypto too hardcore for your little nerves? This is not a game of safe spaces, this is the Wild Wild West of financial investments.. pump and dump is the name of the game...

By all means sell everything you own and go sing John Lennon songs whilst writing poetry under the rainbow.... But no worries, you have enough self reflection to understand your brain is not working properly LMAO

MTP is underway, it is written in the code..
JasonSW

Activity: 186

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:26:33 AM

You are just a worthless liar J_A_Bankster, you wrote "zcoin remained relatively stable", no it didn't it dropped from $19 to about $10.50 at low point. Now it's around $11.50. That isn't "relatively stable", and unless you believe your own lies you know that.

I don't really mind people like you lying, although when it's as outrageous and blatant as this I'm happy to point it out as I have done.

Since you asked, yes, I like being me. Why did I post that about the devs doing what I think was a misleading pump announcement of an announcement - because I don't like it. I think it gives someone some short term gain - them? - but it's shortsighted. You build trust and long term significant price rise by doing things the proper way. Dash did this. They started off with an instamine and got hated by everyone. But then they did it right and by the book, and all of the early investors would be extremely wealthy now.

My comments can't influence the market price one way or another. They can perhaps inform it.

Look at you frustrated loser calling everybody a liar lol.. ZCoin recently went from $8 to $18.... and gradually came down as is normal after a pump i might add... Then last week Ethereum - the hottest stock in the world right now - crashed nearly 30% and zcoin remained relatively stable...so where is the lie again?

Besides, whats wrong with you little snowflake..? Crypto too hardcore for your little nerves? This is not a game of safe spaces, this is the Wild Wild West of financial investments.. pump and dump is the name of the game...

By all means sell everything you own and go sing John Lennon songs whilst writing poetry under the rainbow.... But no worries, you have enough self reflection to understand your brain is not working properly LMAO

MTP is underway, it is written in the code..

I wouldn't blame if you're new to this crypto.
J_A_Bankster

Activity: 138
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:59:02 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 02:07:58 PM by J_A_Bankster

Poodle you are such a douche bag now leave this thread please.. And just so you understand me, i invested in Zcoin when it was $4,-... these swings don't affect me the slightest at this point.... Given that this is a long term investment and it has been known for months that August-September true maturity in development will commence.. You are feeling entitled and demanded all kinds of things... I truly hope you bought in around $19, let the market humble you with your big mouth  Wink

Trading wise XZC perfectly follows an upward trend line.... A one day spike to $19 doesnt mean that this must be the norm immediately... Yes Zcoin is holding very strong on support level... Once again VERY STABLE, if you cant see any of this i dont think trading is for you... go find a hobby poodle.. maybe you can walk dogs in the park..less stress for a snowflake like you.

This crypto is being coded from the ground up with a small team with relatively minimal resources... This is start up and people investing now are still way ahead of the curve... If you cant identify the opportunity here, then please go and put all your money in Litecoin today, its up 20% Smiley Also spend all your money on XBC which is up 50% today... Go poodle buy at the tops you entitled loser Smiley buy everything that is green, you will be a millionaire believe me LMAO
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:56:55 PM

does anyone know why i get  "GPU #0: invalid device function" when i try to mine? (ccminer)
i'm using nvidia GeForce 610m
thanks
Perhaprs your too old GPU is not supported by your ccminer version or Cuda ?
ineedtofart

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:04:11 AM

Is there a version of ccminer that supports older gpu's and has lyra2z algo or any gpu miner that supports older cards and has lyra2z algo?
playingpoodles

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:29:06 AM

I bought at $4.90, why would you want me to lose money?

I want you to stop lying and saying the price was stable when it dropped 40% in value.

Other than that I think you an I are actually entirely on the same page, I think Zcoin has longer term (1 year timeframe) value. I agree with you about the danger and risk of high value altcoins like Litecoin too.

Stop attacking me when it was you who did the wrong thing (lying about the change in value of Zcoin over time).

Poodle you are such a douche bag now leave this thread please.. And just so you understand me, i invested in Zcoin when it was $4,-... these swings don't affect me the slightest at this point.... Given that this is a long term investment and it has been known for months that August-September true maturity in development will commence.. You are feeling entitled and demanded all kinds of things... I truly hope you bought in around $19, let the market humble you with your big mouth  Wink

Trading wise XZC perfectly follows an upward trend line.... A one day spike to $19 doesnt mean that this must be the norm immediately... Yes Zcoin is holding very strong on support level... Once again VERY STABLE, if you cant see any of this i dont think trading is for you... go find a hobby poodle.. maybe you can walk dogs in the park..less stress for a snowflake like you.

This crypto is being coded from the ground up with a small team with relatively minimal resources... This is start up and people investing now are still way ahead of the curve... If you cant identify the opportunity here, then please go and put all your money in Litecoin today, its up 20% Smiley Also spend all your money on XBC which is up 50% today... Go poodle buy at the tops you entitled loser Smiley buy everything that is green, you will be a millionaire believe me LMAO

Confucio

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 03:40:39 PM

I bought at $4.90, why would you want me to lose money?

I want you to stop lying and saying the price was stable when it dropped 40% in value.

Other than that I think you an I are actually entirely on the same page, I think Zcoin has longer term (1 year timeframe) value. I agree with you about the danger and risk of high value altcoins like Litecoin too.

Stop attacking me when it was you who did the wrong thing (lying about the change in value of Zcoin over time).

Poodle you are such a douche bag now leave this thread please.. And just so you understand me, i invested in Zcoin when it was $4,-... these swings don't affect me the slightest at this point.... Given that this is a long term investment and it has been known for months that August-September true maturity in development will commence.. You are feeling entitled and demanded all kinds of things... I truly hope you bought in around $19, let the market humble you with your big mouth  Wink

Minimal investment ? It's a 20% fee !!! 223200 coins minted per month x 0.2 = 44640 to the Dev Treasury at a avg price of $12  it's 535 680$ per month.  This is one of the reasons i prefer open projects where everything is public.   XZC has potential but still a long way to go.

ZenCash  The world's first private, distributed, and reliable platform for communications, transactions, and publishing
slack   ▄▄   ANN Thread   ▄▄   Blog   ▄▄   Telegram   ▄▄   forum   ▄▄   twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:45:26 PM

nice project but still need some result , one day it will be great profit!

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 986
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 10:55:24 AM

Is there a version of ccminer that supports older gpu's and has lyra2z algo or any gpu miner that supports older cards and has lyra2z algo?

Currently no. Lyra2z is being phased out in a month anyway.

Currently 4 x GTX 1080 TI will net you around 1.4 XZC a day only.

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:45:19 PM

The new MTP will be out begining august ?
Verethraghna

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

Very interested in this coin... Can't wait for the MTP implementation.... Can we also have an update for easier mining on the GUI wallet please?
cleverhope

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:28:43 PM

Very interested in this coin... Can't wait for the MTP implementation.... Can we also have an update for easier mining on the GUI wallet please?
Hmm, but I thought, that MTP was released already, wasn't it?
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 10:32:52 PM

Hmm, but I thought, that MTP was released already, wasn't it?
on testnet
mjosephs

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:20:10 AM

Hi, I would like to start working on an open-source AMD miner for MTP.  However after reading the MTP paper, it is clear that the choice of parameters has a big impact on the optimal code architecture.
Thanks.

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commit/5b6d2941616e756051ec584085297cc691a5614e

These probably will be the final parameters that we're working on for the release.

Uh, I guess not:

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commit/bc81678b7f9467fecf64e0a44dba35550e50619f

Not just the parameters, but the algorithm just changed this weekend?  And no longer follows the paper?  How are we supposed to code for a moving target like this?

What is going on here folks?  This is some serious seat-of-the-pants-nonsense.  If you are making changes like this then you'd better not be serious about the height=47500 target, and if you're not then that should be made public.

Either way I will be sitting out until the dust settles.

AND01

Activity: 199

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:49:41 AM

How much the cost of mining, how to calculate
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 986
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 07:53:58 AM

Hi, I would like to start working on an open-source AMD miner for MTP.  However after reading the MTP paper, it is clear that the choice of parameters has a big impact on the optimal code architecture.
Thanks.

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commit/5b6d2941616e756051ec584085297cc691a5614e

These probably will be the final parameters that we're working on for the release.

Uh, I guess not:

https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/commit/bc81678b7f9467fecf64e0a44dba35550e50619f

Not just the parameters, but the algorithm just changed this weekend?  And no longer follows the paper?  How are we supposed to code for a moving target like this?

What is going on here folks?  This is some serious seat-of-the-pants-nonsense.  If you are making changes like this then you'd better not be serious about the height=47500 target, and if you're not then that should be made public.

Either way I will be sitting out until the dust settles.

Hi mjosephs.

Totally understand your concern that's why we haven't released the MTP miner bounty challenge yet. We will be releasing the details sometime this week which should give people more than a month to code miners.

The MTP change was meant to address recent findings in this paper: https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/497 which was only very recently released (like two weeks before we released MTP?) and we were only recently made aware of it.

After consultation with Dmitry Khovratovich (co-author of MTP), the proposed fix in the paper was not ideal as it used Argon2i instead of Argon2d as there exists strong tradeoff attacks on Argon2i.

TLDR version: the paper talks about bruteforcing the garbage blocks until the references to the next real blocks all point to the memory. A solution to this (and simpler attacks they mention) is to embed the challenge in all compression function calls to prevent memory reuse across challenges and this is the reason for the changes in the algorithm which are relatively minor.

No planned changes on the block 47,500 switch. We don't forsee any further changes on the MTP algorithm itself. Some of the fixes are in there are to fix the memory leak in the inbuilt miner and not the algorithm which should not affect miner dev.

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
mjosephs

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:02:22 AM

Not just the parameters, but the algorithm just changed this weekend?  And no longer follows the paper?  How are we supposed to code for a moving target like this?

Totally understand your concern that's why we haven't released the MTP miner bounty challenge yet. We will be releasing the details sometime this week which should give people more than a month to code miners.

Dude, this isn't about your beauty pageant.  Radical last-minute changes like this guarantee that the best miners will be the ones that exploit some bug you introduced while frantically trying to plaster over another bug.  And they will be kept private.  Like the last Zcoin issuance bug.

https://eprint.iacr.org/2017/497 which was only very recently released (like two weeks before we released MTP?) and we were only recently made aware of it.

And this didn't cause you to reconsider whether or not you understand what you're involved in here?

After consultation with Dmitry Khovratovich (co-author of MTP)

... and the same guy who utterly failed to foresee this entire class of attacks against his MTP scheme.  Wouldn't it make more sense to gather opinions from the people who broke his scheme?

TLDR version:

A simpler way to put it: just like PoS is vulnerable to "stake grinding", it turns out MTP is vulnerable to "DAG grinding".  Instead of grinding for a nonce as you would like them to do, the miners can instead grind for a favorable DAG that minimizes the chances of their bluff getting called when they stuff garbage into the Merkle Tree.  It's like letting a poker player sift through all the possible future call/check/raise patterns instead of sifting through all the possible hands he might be dealt.  Once he finds the "future" where nobody calls his bluffs when he's bluffing, it doesn't matter what cards he's dealt.  DAG grinding is still grinding of course and it's still work, but it's not memory-hard anymore -- DAG grinding requires hardly any memory.

This calls into question any sort of scheme for validating only a pseudorandomly selected subset of the miner's work.  The source of pseudorandomness has to come from the blockchain's blocks, which are selected by the miners themselves, meaning it will always be a potential alternative grinding target.

The band-aid hack bears a disturbing similarity to the Proof Of Stake cults lately, who just keep slapping on extra layers of complexity to hide the alternative-grinding problem, when in fact it raises fundamental issues with the entire scheme.

the changes in the algorithm which are relatively minor.

... and only fix the most epic and catastrophic attack.  All you did was stop miners from reusing work across blocks; MTP is still no longer memory-hard in light of Dinur and Nadler's work, and can be mined using an ASIC with less than a megabyte of on-die SRAM (i.e. 20-year-old chip fabs).  By the way I think it's utterly fascinating that Nadler is a semiconductor fab tool engineer/executive rather than a cryptographer (check out the guy's career history).  Dinur of course is a hardcore hashbreaker.

No planned changes on the block 47,500 switch.

Full speed ahead, trainwreck ahoy!

We don't forsee any further changes on the MTP algorithm itself.

Well since you didn't forsee this one that's not saying much.

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: