Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 760 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 3839038 times)
dremora88

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:12:46 PM

Hi,
I need your help.
I have 2x 280X cards and I was using the v8.0 miner (because that's what the pool I'm using directed me at).
Everything was working fine, until I upgraded to the newest amd driver 2 weeks ago. After that the miner would get stuck in a loop at random times, telling me that there was an issue with the gpu.
I've downloaded v11.1 and tried that, but the problem got worse. The miner will get stuck immediately after startup.
I downgraded my driver to 15.12 hoping that would fix the problem. It works more or less now. I can only use my primary card, in the upper most pci-e slot.
For diagnostics I took that one out and started the miner with the other card in the second slot. I immediately got an error message, telling me that no opencl gpu was found.
Is there a way to get my second card running again? (It will neither work with the v8.0 version that was just running fine before the driver update)

Did you use DDU to uninstall the existing drivers before installing the new drivers.  

Yes, I did
Is the second slot on the mobo or a riser, if it is a riser sounds like it's a bad riser.  If its on mobo does it have a third slot you can try. Slots on mobo s do go bad also.  Also double check the seating of the cards, I've messed around in a rig and jarred one and they want connect. Also, you could try driver 16.5.2, it has been rather stable.  I'm running 8x 280x with 16.12.2 with no problems.  Also, what os are you using and is the rig used for anything else.

It's plugged directly into the mobo. I don't think it's a physical issue, since it was working fine before the driver update to 16.12. Strange that it works for you though. I'm using windows 8.1 as my OS and it's my normal desktop PC.
When you "upgraded to the latest amd drivers " were other ms updates done, if so you might want to try rolling back to that point.  Also, I thought you said both cards will work in slot 1 but neither will work in slot 2, is there a third slot? Sorry, also I'm win 10, there maybe others who can help with 8.1, left it as soon as I could.

No, unfortunately I don't have any system recovery points available. I only tested if the second card would work on it's own in the second slot. I only have 2 pci-e slots. I don't think the card itself is damaged, since it was outputting a video signal to my monitor. I would have left win 8.1 as well if the update process wasn't so horrible (I did it on my laptop and it deleted all my programs -.-).
Do you know if the opencl version is included in the graphics driver itself or if it is a standalone program? Maybe I could reinstall that separately.
The opencl is installed when the gpu drivers are installed.  Was anything else updated when you updated the amd drivers. Does the single card in the first slot mine properly.

Ok, then I'll try again reinstalling the drivers, maybe DUU didn't clean up the driver properly last time.
No,I think nothing else was updated.
Yes, the single card in the first slot is mining fine right now, not a single issue. (I still have both plugged in, but the second one is just running idle)

I would try the two cards one at a time in slot 2.  Also do you have any other card that you can use in slot 2 to see if it works. And how is  -di set.

Alright I reinstalled the 15.12 driver using the lastest version of DUU for clean up. I did several tests for each combination. GPU-Z to see if OpenCL support was recognized. LuxMark as an OpenCL benchmark/test. Compubench for a second OpenCL test and finally I tested the v8 and v11 miners. Just a quick remark: the Compubench test is really strange and crashed everytime I had only 1 card installed. No idea what to make of that, maybe just a poorly written benchmark tool.
Here are the results:

Both cards - GPU 1 in 1st slot & GPU 2 in 2nd slot:
GPU-Z, LuxMark, Compubench were all positive.
v11 miner worked only for the GPU1 (in 1st slot) card e.g for -di 1. For -di  1 0 it would hang and the console window wouldn't even close. Shutting down the pc lead to a boot loop, only hard reset helped.
v8 miner also worked only for the GPU1.

GPU1 in 1st slot:
GPU-Z & LuxMark passed, Compubench crashed
v11: passed
v8: passed

GPU1 in 2nd slot:

GPU2 in 1st slot:
v11: crashed with with Hashrate not equal to 0, crashed after 2 submitted shares
v8: crashed with H/s = 0 and caused the to driver reset

GPU2 in 2nd slot:
v11: crashed with H/s = 0 and "OC v5, Reset control for GPU0" in the log file
v8: crashed with H/s = 0 and "OC v5, Reset control for GPU0" in the log file

Both GPUs in reversed order:
v11 miner worked only for the GPU1 (in 2nd slot) card e.g for -di 0. Using -di 1 caused the driver to crash
v8 miner worked only for the GPU1 (in 2nd slot) card e.g for -di 0. Using -di 1 caused the driver to crash

Sorry for the long post, but this behavoir is really unexplainable to me, especially since it worked just fine before the driver update
Also another question: How do you parse the GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 to the program? If I write it in the config file it returns a red error message, telling me it's an unknown command. And everything I write into the .bat file is ignored somehow.

Thanks a lot for your willingness to help me so far!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rlong011

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:22:00 PM

Hi,
I need your help.
I have 2x 280X cards and I was using the v8.0 miner (because that's what the pool I'm using directed me at).
Everything was working fine, until I upgraded to the newest amd driver 2 weeks ago. After that the miner would get stuck in a loop at random times, telling me that there was an issue with the gpu.
I've downloaded v11.1 and tried that, but the problem got worse. The miner will get stuck immediately after startup.
I downgraded my driver to 15.12 hoping that would fix the problem. It works more or less now. I can only use my primary card, in the upper most pci-e slot.
For diagnostics I took that one out and started the miner with the other card in the second slot. I immediately got an error message, telling me that no opencl gpu was found.
Is there a way to get my second card running again? (It will neither work with the v8.0 version that was just running fine before the driver update)

Did you use DDU to uninstall the existing drivers before installing the new drivers.  

Yes, I did
Is the second slot on the mobo or a riser, if it is a riser sounds like it's a bad riser.  If its on mobo does it have a third slot you can try. Slots on mobo s do go bad also.  Also double check the seating of the cards, I've messed around in a rig and jarred one and they want connect. Also, you could try driver 16.5.2, it has been rather stable.  I'm running 8x 280x with 16.12.2 with no problems.  Also, what os are you using and is the rig used for anything else.

It's plugged directly into the mobo. I don't think it's a physical issue, since it was working fine before the driver update to 16.12. Strange that it works for you though. I'm using windows 8.1 as my OS and it's my normal desktop PC.
When you "upgraded to the latest amd drivers " were other ms updates done, if so you might want to try rolling back to that point.  Also, I thought you said both cards will work in slot 1 but neither will work in slot 2, is there a third slot? Sorry, also I'm win 10, there maybe others who can help with 8.1, left it as soon as I could.

No, unfortunately I don't have any system recovery points available. I only tested if the second card would work on it's own in the second slot. I only have 2 pci-e slots. I don't think the card itself is damaged, since it was outputting a video signal to my monitor. I would have left win 8.1 as well if the update process wasn't so horrible (I did it on my laptop and it deleted all my programs -.-).
Do you know if the opencl version is included in the graphics driver itself or if it is a standalone program? Maybe I could reinstall that separately.
The opencl is installed when the gpu drivers are installed.  Was anything else updated when you updated the amd drivers. Does the single card in the first slot mine properly.

Ok, then I'll try again reinstalling the drivers, maybe DUU didn't clean up the driver properly last time.
Yes, the single card in the first slot is mining fine right now, not a single issue. (I still have both plugged in, but the second one is just running idle)

I would try the two cards one at a time in slot 2.  Also do you have any other card that you can use in slot 2 to see if it works. And how is  -di set.

Alright I reinstalled the 15.12 driver using the lastest version of DUU for clean up. I did several tests for each combination. GPU-Z to see if OpenCL support was recognized. LuxMark as an OpenCL benchmark/test. Compubench for a second OpenCL test and finally I tested the v8 and v11 miners. Just a quick remark: the Compubench test is really strange and crashed everytime I had only 1 card installed. No idea what to make of that, maybe just a poorly written benchmark tool.
Here are the results:

v11 miner worked only for the GPU1 (in 1st slot) card e.g for -di 1. For -di  1 0 it would hang and the console window wouldn't even close. Shutting down the pc lead to a boot loop, only hard reset helped.

GPU1 in 1st slot:

GPU1 in 2nd slot:

GPU2 in 1st slot:
v11: crashed with with Hashrate not equal to 0, crashed after 2 submitted shares

GPU2 in 2nd slot:

v11 miner worked only for the GPU1 (in 2nd slot) card e.g for -di 0. Using -di 1 caused the driver to crash
v8 miner worked only for the GPU1 (in 2nd slot) card e.g for -di 0. Using -di 1 caused the driver to crash

Sorry for the long post, but this behavoir is really unexplainable to me, especially since it worked just fine before the driver update
Also another question: How do you parse the GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 to the program? If I write it in the config file it returns a red error message, telling me it's an unknown command. And everything I write into the .bat file is ignored somehow.

First I hope this was just a typo but -di  should be -di 01 not -di 0 1 so far as I know
The set commands go in the start.bat file not the config.txt

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ZecMiner64.exe
dremora88

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:46:10 PM

Hi,
I need your help.

Yes, I did

I would try the two cards one at a time in slot 2.  Also do you have any other card that you can use in slot 2 to see if it works. And how is  -di set.

Here are the results:

v11 miner worked only for the GPU1 (in 1st slot) card e.g for -di 1. For -di  1 0 it would hang and the console window wouldn't even close. Shutting down the pc lead to a boot loop, only hard reset helped.

GPU1 in 1st slot:

GPU1 in 2nd slot:

GPU2 in 1st slot:

GPU2 in 2nd slot:

First I hope this was just a typo but -di  should be -di 01 not -di 0 1 so far as I know
The set commands go in the start.bat file not the config.txt

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ZecMiner64.exe

Thanks a lot! I was missing the "setx" I tried with -di 01 (it was not a typo) and it works with both cards now!! It's strange though, I think it worked with the space in between before, at least the GPU's were recognized.
Anyway, I'm happy I got a working solution, not going to question the logic behind it. Thank you so much! Cheesy
rlong011

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:48:02 PM

Thanks a lot! I was missing the "setx" I tried with -di 01 (it was not a typo) and it works with both cards now!! It's strange though, I think it worked with the space in between before, at least the GPU's were recognized.
Anyway, I happy I got a working solution, not going to question the logic behind it. Thank you so much! Cheesy
[/quote]
Great have a great day
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:51:28 PM

Just for your information, you can put set instead of setx, basically the difference is set is changed only for the duration of the program.  setx is basically a universal change.  Good to see your gpu's are working, sometimes its the little things...
dremora88

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:07:57 AM

Just for your information, you can put set instead of setx, basically the difference is set is changed only for the duration of the program.  setx is basically a universal change.  Good to see your gpu's are working, sometimes its the little things...

Ok thanks! Will the settings, that were defined with setx, be reset to default upon restart of the pc?
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3508

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:31:53 AM

Ok thanks! Will the settings, that were defined with setx, be reset to default upon restart of the pc?

no, they will not reset. the values persist through reboots with SETX. with SET it will only be used in that CMD (or .bat) session and be reset when it closes or the machine reboots.

i prefer environmental variables to only be used for the duration of that mining session in case some other program i will fire up at some point uses those values and behaves unexpectedly. not that i know of any but you never know.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:43:23 AM

is anyone using the amd firepro ? Any clue of how many sols its capable?

edit: w9100 16 gig

Due to lower clocks they should be a little slower, but close, to the Consumer version with the same GPU chip.

that means is not worth $800. ty
dremora88

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:54:02 AM

Just for your information, you can put set instead of setx, basically the difference is set is changed only for the duration of the program.  setx is basically a universal change.  Good to see your gpu's are working, sometimes its the little things...

no, they will not reset. the values persist through reboots with SETX. with SET it will only be used in that CMD (or .bat) session and be reset when it closes or the machine reboots.

i prefer environmental variables to only be used for the duration of that mining session in case some other program i will fire up at some point uses those values and behaves unexpectedly. not that i know of any but you never know.

I'd prefer temporary environmental variables too. You don't happen to know what the default is, do you? XD (I already used the setx commands)

Edit: Nevermind, I found that they are stored in the registry and did a quick comparison with another pc. I think you can just delete the entries without any issues
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:11:37 AM

Just for your information, you can put set instead of setx, basically the difference is set is changed only for the duration of the program.  setx is basically a universal change.  Good to see your gpu's are working, sometimes its the little things...

I'd prefer temporary environmental variables too. You don't happen to know what the default is, do you? XD (I already used the setx commands)

Edit: Nevermind, I found that they are stored in the registry and did a quick comparison with another pc. I think you can just delete the entries without any issues

yeah I think you can.  You can go I believe in advanced system settings, system properties / advanced tab.  then its the environment variables button.  You can see everything from there.
marcos5872

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:21:18 AM

Hello

Someone use V 11.1 on R9 290? Whats hashrate get?

Thanks.
meeow

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:08:21 AM

Hello

Thanks.

275h/s - windforce 290 @1000core/1250mem/w7 and 10/15.12 and 16.11*
295h/s - reference 290 @1000core/1250mem/w7/15.12
335h/s - reference 290w/390 bios @1000core/1250mem/w7/15.12

*elpida mem likely bottlenecking
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:44:22 AM

What is the power usage that others are getting on 2x AMD 280x GPU's mining with the latest miner ? I know newers card will have better energy use but what is the average for this question ?
smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:49:07 AM

Hello

Thanks.

275h/s - windforce 290 @1000core/1250mem/w7 and 10/15.12 and 16.11*
295h/s - reference 290 @1000core/1250mem/w7/15.12
335h/s - reference 290w/390 bios @1000core/1250mem/w7/15.12

*elpida mem likely bottlenecking

with a properly strapped bios the 8pin power was my bottleneck lol.. like 12g wire up in smoke.

you can squeeze 360h/s out of a 290.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
masster_alex

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:08:07 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 09:57:49 AM by masster_alex

How can this be? I have 3 graphics cards HD7970 1030/1500 but one of them produces more than others!
380 Sol
http://i91.fastpic.ru/big/2017/0126/ea/60680757b6de9dae9102dfdfbf4e97ea.jpg
zzzzzzzzzz

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:23:03 AM

^^ post above.

A bit strange that I was prompted to download FlashPlayer from a non-Adobe download site in order to try to view the linked screenshot large enough to actually see the numbers. Of course, I didn't download it.
masster_alex

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:56:21 AM

^^ post above.

A bit strange that I was prompted to download FlashPlayer from a non-Adobe download site in order to try to view the linked screenshot large enough to actually see the numbers. Of course, I didn't download it.

Strange. But I have all opened and not asking for anything to download without problems.
Golku

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 07:34:51 AM

What is the power usage that others are getting on 2x AMD 280x GPU's mining with the latest miner ? I know newers card will have better energy use but what is the average for this question ?

I get something like 260 Sol / 180W on my 280X
addin

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 09:21:31 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 11:54:53 AM by addin

3x 7870 oc = 470 h/s  Angry on 530 w

3x GTX 1060 3GB no oc 790 h/s Kiss on 260w

3x GTX 1060 3GB oc 900 h/s 330 w  Wink

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
                              itstar.kiev.ua peмoнт кoмпьютepoв тpoeщинa
rentahash

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:36:17 AM

XFX RX 470 or MSI RX 470 ?

Please help to decide which one is better for Claymore miner?

I am planing to set up a new farm soon!
Thank you in advance!
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 760 »
  Print  

Jump to: