Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 08:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [2] countdown!  (Read 141505 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 12:04:50 AM

Well gentleman, I'm a little confused about this thread

AVALON ASIC - QCool element watercooling thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164742.0

I have tried to stay up to date in order to be ready for when my batch 2 arrives - I hope for zero delays when I turn this bad boy on, but the above thread makes me think that the Avalon's should be tweaked.  Is there any reason we would need this watercooling or is this just a hobbyist increasing his efficiency?  I can fabricate something like this in my shop at work, but it'll take a few days and a couple favors.  I want to be ready. 

You don't necessarily _have_ to water cool it but of course if you do you will get better heat transfer than air cooling and that means you might be able to push the chips even further or if you live in a hot climate ensure cooler chip temps at stock clock rates.

Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:14:09 AM

"Setup your laptop IP address 192.168.0.101" How would I go about doing this?

Not Newbie Friendly - The Avalon units are designed much like a hardware development board, while it works out of the box with very little configuration it is ultimately geared towards developers and experienced miners, please do your research before purchasing. A good place to start is the Bitcoin Wiki page on Avalon.

you asking how to change an ip?
that must be a joke.
Maybe you should pay someone to set it up.

fellow miner
Let him find out such thing himself.
too lazy to google? RTFM!
Each avalon runs diminishes your own gains.

Oh wow the amount of greed.. it's disgusting. But I like it. I had someone help me set it up, thanks though.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 12:15:41 AM

Not Newbie Friendly - The Avalon units are designed much like a hardware development board, while it works out of the box with very little configuration it is ultimately geared towards developers and experienced miners, please do your research before purchasing. A good place to start is the Bitcoin Wiki page on Avalon.

that must be a joke.

fellow miner

Let's not be so mean about it. Changing and IP is an easy task. Go to Network and Sharing Center, change adapter settings, right click on local area connection go to properties, select IPv5 and click properties and voila. In windows XP it's network connections right click on local area connection, TCP/IP, blah blah...Smiley

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:24:06 AM

that must be a joke.

fellow miner

Oh wow the amount of greed.. it's disgusting. But I like it. I had someone help me set it up, thanks though.

jealousy much. otoh holding hands is a no-no as per avalon disclaimers.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:46:34 AM

whoa, whoa people! I don't want to ruin your party here, but still not everyone got their avalons in batch 1. So it took them nearly 2 months to ship most of them. You hope batch 2 will be faster? Please state why (no trolling implied, honest)

Startup lessons learned.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:51:03 AM

loool...

Well, I think you did all you could, and the ball is in the Avalon team's court.

I hope you do get your grubby paddy paws all over them.

NO!!. Avalon's are sacred artifacts. Human hands must not touch them! That's why they've included gloves for us mortals..

Really? I thought the gloves were some sort of sex toy.

There is a certain fulfillment to wearing them and brushing them carefully across the top of the Avalon.

I try to be respectful and informed.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 12:54:22 AM

loool...

Well, I think you did all you could, and the ball is in the Avalon team's court.

I hope you do get your grubby paddy paws all over them.

NO!!. Avalon's are sacred artifacts. Human hands must not touch them! That's why they've included gloves for us mortals..

Really? I thought the gloves were some sort of sex toy.

There is a certain fulfillment to wearing them and brushing them carefully across the top of the Avalon.

I see, so you like to play doctor with it. You dirty man  Wink lool

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:21:33 AM

I might be wrong, but I think that no update = good news. If they had another delay they would have already told us.
About the fact that they didn't asked for old customers to send their tradeins, this is not that easy. Maybe they decided to put that on hold due to the huge price increase, since that they have yet to pay.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:38:12 AM

Well, if you checkout the trade-in program thread (same section) they said they will honor batch 2 prices for trade in customers. They further said they people who keep their promises. Read into it what you will.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:42:44 AM

we got a new bunch of problem addresses on the first of April, so you'll probably be contacted soon if you are on the list.
So, everything should be doing fine Smiley

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:07:58 AM

Has nothing to do with greed or envy.

I just don't understand it.

If I am dealing with something new, I'll go like this:
- Read (FAQ, man)
- Googling my question
(- Even try)
- Ask questions (with all possible information to help me)

Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned.

Why even ask if you have someone to help you?

Sorry should not be aggressive.
I apologize. Smiley

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:28:11 PM

I might be wrong, but I think that no update = good news.

Actually last week was the QingMing vacation so I'm expecting them to have kicked back for some well diserved R&R
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:51:10 PM

that was just one day
iammagicmike

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:35:12 PM

AVALON ASIC - QCool element watercooling thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164742.0

I have tried to stay up to date in order to be ready for when my batch 2 arrives - I hope for zero delays when I turn this bad boy on, but the above thread makes me think that the Avalon's should be tweaked.  Is there any reason we would need this watercooling or is this just a hobbyist increasing his efficiency?  I can fabricate something like this in my shop at work, but it'll take a few days and a couple favors.  I want to be ready. 

You don't necessarily _have_ to water cool it but of course if you do you will get better heat transfer than air cooling and that means you might be able to push the chips even further or if you live in a hot climate ensure cooler chip temps at stock clock rates.

Thanks - I was hoping this was the case.  For a moment I was worried it was having overheating issues.  I plan to store it in the basement where it stays nice and cool all year long. 

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:07:15 AM

that was just one day

Actually I noticed a 4 day blackout with 2 of my suppliers in Shenzhen so the 4th of April turned into an extended 4 day weekend :-)
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:31:57 AM

that was just one day

Actually I noticed a 4 day blackout with 2 of my suppliers in Shenzhen so the 4th of April turned into an extended 4 day weekend :-)

Most of Chinese company were in Qing Ming holiday from Apr-4th to Apr-6th.
el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:14:00 AM

that was just one day

Most of Chinese company were in Qing Ming holiday from Apr-4th to Apr-6th.

and worked on sunday 7th
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:17:56 PM

Thanks - I was hoping this was the case.  For a moment I was worried it was having overheating issues.  I plan to store it in the basement where it stays nice and cool all year long. 

Well hopefully the basement can deal with the extra heat being pumped into it. Remember the heat has to go somewhere. If you got multiple units then you have a LOT of heat to deal with. But I'm sure you realize this.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:21:01 PM

that was just one day

It was thursday and friday.

el_rlee
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:01:47 PM

In exchange most companies worked on Sunday - so 1 day public holiday.
Calculate how much profit they can make by delaying the shipping for one day, and what the consequences would be if they do. And then you tell me if you wouldn't in that situation....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: