Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple or Bitcoin  (Read 34061 times)
ltbharley

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

The development is still going and in my opinion Ripple will be placed side by side with bitcoins soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnray

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:56:00 PM

The development is still going and in my opinion Ripple will be placed side by side with bitcoins soon.

We must have trusty alternates. Ripple is a 100% premined coin. The optimal value for a 100% premined coin like this one: 1XRP at $0 maximum.
howareyo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

I don't understand all this hate for Ripple, it's years ahead to bitcoin in terms of innovation, we will see who will be the leading crypto...
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:33:08 AM

We must have trusty alternates. Ripple is a 100% premined coin. The optimal value for a 100% premined coin like this one: 1XRP at $0 maximum.
Ripple != XRP.

XRP are premined, Ripple is a network that works very similarly (only more focussed and with quite a few improvements) to colored coins.

Also there seem to be quite a few people who disagree with your sentiment in practice, XRP are traded quite constantly at about half a US-cent per piece.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Eleonore

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:46:14 AM

Ripple is focus on the payment issue
Bitcoin is a revolution
Don't compare things that they are different
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:20:26 AM

With the surge of 'crypto 2.0' coins, I am assuming people are starting to more grasp what Ripple is about. It was never intended to replace BTC, Ripple is pinned as an internet of value. It is creating an ecosystem which involves BTC (much like how many crypto 2.0 coins are trying to create ecosystems).

Sure, you could argue that XRP is directly competing with BTC but I see them more as complimentary of each other. I think BTC will always be seen as a store of value compared to XRP.

XRP = currency BTC = commodity.
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:22:18 PM

Ripple is the best thing that could happen to bitcoin traders. We now move fiat and bitcoins from one exchange to another in 5 seconds time and at almost no fee.

All this hate comes from old days because bitcoiners got scared of Ripple instead of embracing it because it improves bitcoin a lot and can only help bitcoin.

Thankfully, 2 years later all those crypto 2.0 started to come out, so things might change. Nowdays people say that you cannot premine a coin that isnt mineable.

I dont know how good bet is XRP though, I only use Ripple to trade bitcoins, but if they manage to get more banks onboard, it could be something like replacement currency for all currency in world today because it serves as cross transaction tool, that would boost its value a lot.

We will see, interesting times ahead. If Ripple gets more adopted then all coins will benefit from it, probably crypto 2.0 coins the most.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:53:47 AM

can anyone tell me which exchanges are actually accepting ripple?

and don't tell Bitstamp, because I don't want to go trough their verification process

Looking for a signature campaign.
nade70

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:57:34 AM

and don't tell Bitstamp, because I don't want to go trough their verification process

https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_xrp
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:40:06 PM

Ripple itself is also an exchange...

Typically you don't need to trade XRP, unless you want to make markets - you can trade whatever you actually want to trade (e.g. BTCUSD or EURUSD or DOGXAU or...)

hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:01:02 PM

131 XRP markets @ Cryptsy

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:25:56 PM

Ripple itself is also an exchange...

Typically you don't need to trade XRP, unless you want to make markets - you can trade whatever you actually want to trade (e.g. BTCUSD or EURUSD or DOGXAU or...)

I saw you post positive things about XRP many times, I take I presume you are a proponent of the xrp platform, I send you one private message concerning said platform and you call it spam.  WTF, clearly you need to adjust your spam filter to "don't contact me if I don't contact you".

resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:28:05 PM

Ripple is much better than bitcoin. Bitcoin will never succeed because 1% of the investers own 90% of the coins. It makes it more centralised than Fiat.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:42:24 PM

I saw you post positive things about XRP many times, I take I presume you are a proponent of the xrp platform, I send you one private message concerning said platform and you call it spam.  WTF, clearly you need to adjust your spam filter to "don't contact me if I don't contact you".

XRP != Ripple.
I like Ripple, I don't like XRP (or I'm at least indifferent about it) and I have no idea what your "EMC2" giveaway is about or what "EMC2" even is for the record.

hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:39:59 PM

Ripple is being hold by 80% of 2 people and its not even a decentralized coin. So not even a cryptocurrency

Are they each missing a limb?

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Armis

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:48:11 PM

I saw you post positive things about XRP many times, I take I presume you are a proponent of the xrp platform, I send you one private message concerning said platform and you call it spam.  WTF, clearly you need to adjust your spam filter to "don't contact me if I don't contact you".

XRP != Ripple.
I like Ripple, I don't like XRP (or I'm at least indifferent about it) and I have no idea what your "EMC2" giveaway is about or what "EMC2" even is for the record.

Coin market cap identifies Ripple as XRP,  if that is incorrect why doesn't Ripple correct them?

Cryptsy has done a deal with Ripple to pair XRP with over 100 CCs, what is XRP if not Ripple?

EMC2 is a cause-coin -- a cryptocurrency with a specific mission, 2.5% of mined coins is donated to Science; 2% of the mined coins to science research, education, or development; .5% of the mined coins is allocated to marketing of the coin; the funds are managed by the non-profit foundation www.einsteinium.org   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708.0  

There are many things that Ripple does that has impressed me, as one of the admins for EMC2 I want Einsteinium/EMC2 and Ripple/XRP to have a strategic partnership in various ways to forward our mission to provide funds for scientific research.   Because of the new deal with Ripple did with Cryptsy I did some research on Ripple and found a project that  impressed me greatly:

Ripple Labs is now official partner with the World Community Grid (WCG):

https://ripple.com/blog/world-community-grid-welcomes-ripple-labs-as-a-partner/

Do you know who WCG is? Remember SETI project... Basically this is the next step in evolution and CPU power is donated to research projects like analyzing aspects of the human genome, fighting HIV, dengue fever, muscular dystrophy, cancer, influenza, rice crop yields and clean energy.

If you are interested to join Ripple Labs team and to be the part of the next scientific breakthru, you can join here:

https://www.computingforgood.org/

Good thing is that you will earn XRP while doing something for the World.

All you need is a BOINC client and you connect all the machines you have, for example, desktop computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones... etc and control them from the single web page. Every piece of technology you have in your home can mine Ripple XRP for you.

Cheers!

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:10:15 PM

I saw you post positive things about XRP many times, I take I presume you are a proponent of the xrp platform, I send you one private message concerning said platform and you call it spam.  WTF, clearly you need to adjust your spam filter to "don't contact me if I don't contact you".

XRP != Ripple.
Coin market cap identifies Ripple as XRP,  if that is incorrect why doesn't Ripple correct them?
I wrote to Gliss (owner of CMC) a few times, he doesn't seem to care

Cryptsy has done a deal with Ripple to pair XRP with over 100 CCs, what is XRP if not Ripple?

XRP = "ripples", Ripple = distributed/decentralized exchange.
Cryptsy has not done any deal with "Ripple" just as they didn't have to do deals with "Litecoin", "Dogecoin" or "Bitcoin" to use their currency/software.

Computing for Good was scrapped after people started hacking WCG accounts to point them towards the giveaway. If you want strategic partnerships, you can talk to Ripple Labs (the core developers of Ripple).

manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:14:55 PM

Ripple once fully implemented is just one gigantic financial data mine. Ten times worse then what Google is for searches. 

Buying XRP is madness in its purest form. (No XRP,s are needed to sent xyz currency and to the other party receiving another currency)

Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion.

So 45 billion XRP are given away for free to Banks, venture capital companies, friends......
and the 55 billion XRP you can buy to finance this guys.
Top notch system but i have the feeling i know a similar one with a central corporate body calling the shots. New is that i can buy money now, is't it fantastic. Its getting better by the day.
qqNxt

Activity: 468

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:41:28 PM

ripple are the banks disguised in another name. Bitcoin +1
Armis

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:12:58 PM

XRP != Ripple.
I wrote to Gliss (owner of CMC) a few times, he doesn't seem to care

XRP = "ripples", Ripple = distributed/decentralized exchange.
Cryptsy has not done any deal with "Ripple" just as they didn't have to do deals with "Litecoin", "Dogecoin" or "Bitcoin" to use their currency/software.

Computing for Good was scrapped after people started hacking WCG accounts to point them towards the giveaway. If you want strategic partnerships, you can talk to Ripple Labs (the core developers of Ripple).

Thanks for that info.

Clearly from what you have described and for all intents and practical purposes XRP is Ripple.

If you are an administrator for Ripple, and have identified yourself as such I don't see why Gliss would not heed your order.   

As for the Cryptsy/Ripple deal, it is far and away different from Cryptsy's other pairings,  http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/10/prweb12231540.htm

"ForexMinute.com – ... Cryptsy ... is integrating with eSpend’s Ripple gateway technology, Cryptsy's CEO Paul Vernon said: “We have been wanting to get XRP on Cryptsy for a long time now,” he said. “The team at eSpend has made it easy and we look forward to working with them to bring in more of Ripple’s features.”

"features" like what you may say: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=481015.msg9120690#msg9120690

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: