Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:34:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple or Bitcoin  (Read 34061 times)
Bedak Johnsons

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:55:06 AM

Of course it's better to invest in BTC.  For me, this is a more reliable coin than Ripple.  I do not advise you to invest in Ripple.
yes, I agree with you Bitcoin is the best choice for investment, Bitcoin is the main coin in crypto must have got a lot of trust from the community and of course the future of BTC is brighter than Ripple
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ojodibanned

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:31:03 AM

Ok, the small fee destruction makes sense.
What I'm ineloquently asking is, why would the average person be interested in bitcoin, now there is a business offering an instant, free-ish, currently anonymous way of sending money?

Ripple does several things; one of the upsides is decentralized exchange.  Completely private debt-based exchange to anyone who has Ripple (for example, you can issue "Taz-Debts" to a friend you owe, and when you give them something in exchange for the Taz-Debts, they go away and all is equal again.  This can also work with BTC, LTC, MikeCoin, or whatever else you invent.)  It does a whole lot of things that would be phenomenal to the Bitcoin user.  But the ripples (XRP) themselves don't make sense to me.  As I said, it's supposed to be anti-spam; they're not supposed to be a currency.

I suppose one side of the story would be this: say you want to send Jill 100 BTC, but it's taking an ass-load of time for the six confirmations.  Instead, you could give Jill an IOU worth 100 BTC, and if she trusts you, she'll take that instead.  Then, when she needs the 100 BTC, she can cash in your IOU.  You're basically your own bank, issuing debt-based currency, just on a very small scale, among trusted individuals.
for Ripple is a pretty good Altcoin with a lot of enthusiasts who always support Ripple for its ever-increasing and reliable advancement. besides that indeed for Ripple is well known for its development that is able to bring Ripple further developed further to reach the precious coins in the future. so I am more confident about Ripple which has a very promising development.
chard lie

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:33:24 AM

My understanding was that these two currencies had two totally different purposes.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:36:23 AM

Ripple is dedicated to banks which is the opposite on what we want to happen with cryptocurrencies. We want to get rid banks so if you are with us on this financial revolution then you would choose bitcoin.
reynand

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:37:34 AM

I would prefer to choose bitcoin as its the most traded coins and the markets are good and promising. Peoples invest and hold them because they are believe that bitcoin would give them a great return.
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:38:17 AM

I have always believed in stability, value, community, blockchain technology of Bitcoin. The ripple is also a large coin with high potential. But keeping these two coins, my investment preference is Bitcoin. Besides, I also invest in other investments including Rippre
Jasper Dudong

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:45:02 AM

For me Ripple can't replace Bitcoin in these days to come, but it will depend in the team. Ripple now is very aggressive in their marketing, partnerships, donations and media exposure. Let us just wait and see.
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:51:14 AM

We should not question this because the answer will be always bitcoin. Bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency in the whole group and no one can beat their ass in this competition.
vivuta102

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:55:15 AM

why are you trying to compare Ripple??
They are so different with bitcoin that even saying Them together is stupid.
abztabz

Activity: 135

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:55:06 AM

i think we already know the answer because bitcoin is much trusted and popular and we know bitcoin have a high price of value

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
lavishlifing

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:59:23 AM

No, and hopefully it won't happen.
Bitcoin is way better that ripple, not to be bias but Cryptocurreny is all about decentralization, then why support centralization?
jackylion

Activity: 308

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:16:48 AM

For me Ripple can't replace Bitcoin in these days to come, but it will depend in the team. Ripple now is very aggressive in their marketing, partnerships, donations and media exposure. Let us just wait and see.
If I compare Ripple and BTC I find it unreasonable, because these two coin are quite far apart in terms of time and value. So I do not think the ripple will grow to a value like BTC, according to my ripple is the bubble coin. Can not grow in the future as BTC.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:28:51 AM

The thing that makes Bitcoin a success is its decentralized nature and Ripple doesn't has that. No matter how much budget they have to promote Ripple they are never going to get adopted by the crypto enthusiasts. Also why would someone use a centralized coin like Ripple when they can just use a traditional database instead.

Fergus Lewis

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:37:12 AM

Although Ripple seems to be very profitable these recent years, but in my view, it is very difficult for Ripple to replace Bitcoin in the near future.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:39:02 AM

If I compare Ripple and BTC I find it unreasonable, because these two coin are quite far apart in terms of time and value. So I do not think the ripple will grow to a value like BTC, according to my ripple is the bubble coin. Can not grow in the future as BTC.

It's unreasonable to compare centralised with decentralised systems. It's
unreasonable to compare Bitcoin that cost $7000+ with Ripple that cost less
than dollar.
   With so big difference in price I don't see a reason why not to invest in both
of them. If you plan to buy Bitcoin you can spare couple percents and buy some
Ripple. I have both, Bitcoin is my favourite, but with so many people talking about
Ripple I had to spend some money on buying. $5 or $10 is enough for buying
Ripple, repeat that every month or two and you will have a nice amount in a year.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jepoyr1

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:43:26 AM

I prefer bitcoin. Bitcoin is the grandfather of all altcoins no one can beat bitcoin.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:49:25 AM

It's unreasonable to compare centralised with decentralised systems. It's
unreasonable to compare Bitcoin that cost $7000+ with Ripple that cost less
than dollar.
   With so big difference in price I don't see a reason why not to invest in both
of them. If you plan to buy Bitcoin you can spare couple percents and buy some
Ripple. I have both, Bitcoin is my favourite, but with so many people talking about
Ripple I had to spend some money on buying. $5 or $10 is enough for buying
Ripple, repeat that every month or two and you will have a nice amount in a year.
Ripple was aiming to replace the bitcoin from the technical view (mainstream payment system) but i think that will never be happened. Ripple this time is only interested to offer the blockchain development service to the banker and it's not focusing to make ripple becomes mainstream crypto. As the first crypto and bitcoin will never be replaced by anything.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:10:39 AM

I already heard many opinions on the forum that the ripple is finishing the fall. Ripple goes for bitcoin, if bitcoin grows, then it will fly up even faster. While the market is in decline, then from the ripple, accordingly, there is nothing worth waiting for, but I think this project has not played its own yet, I think this is an ideal coin for speculation.
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:54:38 AM

Lol, what is the need for such a question. Go with bitcoin. Don't trust ripple. Ripple is all about shilling. Never ending coinbase shills, never ending Amazon partnership shills and so and so. Xrp is centralised currency with 75% of total supply owned by the team itself. Btc is far way better than ripple. By the way if you are looking for a long term investment, there are many more options than both xrp and btc. ETH, NEO, VEN etc are examples.
Filfil

Activity: 333
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:57:32 AM

Could Ripple XRP replace bitcoin before it is widely accepted?
If ripple allows users to send money instantly and almost fee free, with a pretty and easy to use UI.
Plenty of money to burn on advertising and reputation building.
Business and Financial connections likely to get them accepted on large merchant sites.
Why would the average person have any interest in Bitcoin?

More important could Ripple become controlled by business or government?

I'm not suggesting any of this is fact.
Just wanna hear the opinions of people that actually know stuff.
Ripple will never become bitcoin. He can't compare to him in anything. For me, this coin is not as good as bitcoin. I wouldn't bet on her.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: