May 03, 2024, 06:36:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 [5130] 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 ... 33319 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371518 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:23:03 PM

Is Satoshi cashing out or not? Please advise  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Not yet, there is a planned number that's not yet reached...

Do you really think satoshi would have imagined that bitcoin would reach $1000 when he first started?
IF he had a planned number, im pretty sure we have already reached it.

Are you telling me that it even doesn't make sense to Satoshi that bitcoins price is this high? Smiley

Depends on your view. Do you really think that satoshi thought bitcoin would go to $1000 when he started at $0?

I don't know what Satoshi thought.. I don't even know who Satoshi is, so it's very hard to speculate his motives and plans. And that makes it funny that people are calling bitcoin "sound money"... they are actually trusting their wealth in the hands of someone they know nothing about... because if those old 1mil coins will be dumped, then bitcoin is back to costing cents and won't ever recover Smiley

Cents? There are xx millions of dollars on exchanges at least so price would be at around $xx. What bottom price would be at flash crash doesn't matter.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:25:38 PM

Do you really think satoshi would have imagined that bitcoin would reach $1000 when he first started?

Are you telling me that it even doesn't make sense to Satoshi that bitcoins price is this high? Smiley

Depends on your view. Do you really think that satoshi thought bitcoin would go to $1000 when he started at $0?

great thing about Satoshi is that he probably wasn't worried about that implication, as much as he was to create bitcoin.

great thing about bitcoin is that the market is never worried about the obvious implications that its completly rigged on his way back down to 30 bucks  Huh Wink

and if there would be at least a smear of integrity about all craptofuck left, LTC /BTC would be at 0.25 not ten times less
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

I don't know what Satoshi thought.. I don't even know who Satoshi is, so it's very hard to speculate his motives and plans. And that makes it funny that people are calling bitcoin "sound money"... they are actually trusting their wealth in the hands of someone they know nothing about... because if those old 1mil coins will be dumped, then bitcoin is back to costing cents and won't ever recover Smiley

Cents? There are xx millions of dollars on exchanges at least so price would be at around $xx. What bottom price would be at flash crash doesn't matter.

Market orders are not static. Start dumping even 50k coins and most of the buy orders will get pulled to see how low will the dump go. 1mil+ coins will easily get the price back into cents and most of the fiat will permanently leave the exchanges because no one will know if there will be another wave of 1mil coin dumps.
Only thing that keeps people calm at the moment is that this hasn't happened yet.
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008

WePower.red

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:33:36 PM

Market orders are not static. Start dumping even 50k coins and most of the buy orders will get pulled to see how low will the dump go. 1mil+ coins will easily get the price back into cents and most of the fiat will permanently leave the exchanges because no one will know if there will be another wave of 1mil coin dumps.
Only thing that keeps people calm at the moment is that this hasn't happened yet.

Ok
kkaspar

Activity: 140

banned but not broken

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:34:33 PM

great thing about bitcoin is that the market is never worried about the obvious implications that its completly rigged on his way back down to 30 bucks  Huh Wink

and if there would be at least a smear of integrity about all craptofuck left, LTC /BTC would be at 0.25 not ten times less

While I agree that LTC should cost more, I think that LTC is even more concentrated and manipulated. Someone is constantly forcing the market with 2mil.$+ buy and sell walls at BTC-E. I bet it's the same guys that run BTC-E, because I really doubt that an outsider would trust this amount of money to the anonymously owned BTC-E Smiley
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:53:29 PM

Interesting. I've been waiting on some news to come out so we could judge, based on market reaction, whether we are still in a bear market or not.

Here on the forum the bears are out in full force. But the exchanges have only gone down slightly. This is the kind of semi-neutral news that could be interpreted good or bad, with a slight lean towards bad.

But the exchanges are holding their own so far. If we go up from here, I might reconsider whether this bear market still has legs.
zyk

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:56:08 PM

While I agree that LTC should cost more, I think that LTC is even more concentrated and manipulated. Someone is constantly forcing the market with 2mil.$+ buy and sell walls at BTC-E. I bet it's the same guys that run BTC-E, because I really doubt that an outsider would trust this amount of money to the anonymously owned BTC-E Smiley

yeah unluckily the whole craptofuck thing turns out to be a pump and dump scheme where all insiders are short now, having fractionally stolen

the entrusted coins to loot away all " invested" fiat now from the unsuspecting suckers who still want to be delusional about the string of

" informations" being thrown at them....never mind...GTFO
zyk

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:57:58 PM

Interesting. I've been waiting on some news to come out so we could judge, based on market reaction, whether we are still in a bear market or not.

Here on the forum the bears are out in full force. But the exchanges have only gone down slightly. This is the kind of semi-neutral news that could be interpreted good or bad, with a slight lean towards bad.

But the exchanges are holding their own so far. If we go up from here, I might reconsider whether this bear market still has legs.

don´t see any bears here yet besides me and kaspar Wink
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:59:23 PM

I wonder if Leah hears a train coming?

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:59:36 PM

Right. But the two of you are taking up over 50% of the posts. Your enthusiasm about this news is obvious and representative.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:11:00 PM

You can summarize this long rant into "I'm right, even if I'm not right". Religious nuts like these create more harm then good to bitcoin imo.

This could be said of you as well.

Whats up with intelligent people arguing desperately against bitcoin in a bitcoin forum like Jorge Trollfi and you, kkaspar?
Is there a point in shouting bitcoin will fail to a group that mostly believe in bitcoin? What if you actually turn out to be right?
You gain absolutely nothing from this. And don't come with the "I'm only here to help" argument. Thats utter bullshit

It's funny that you say that people are actually "arguing against bitcoin". I myself find that bitcoin is an interesting piece of software, but I also find myself arguing against the religious zealots who have gathered around bitcoin.
It's common for religious people to speak in those terms. I have often heard that if I don't agree with the Christian world view, then I'm actually against god. People aren't able to comprehend that there could be different understandings of god and if you don't accept the religious dogmas in Christianity, then you are not against god. It's not surprising to see the same mentality here.
I'm here for the same reasons then most probably are, to read and to speak my mind. I think that bitcoin doesn't need religious worshipping, so I can't see that I have to either worship it or leave. I like to keep an sober mind and take bitcoin as it is. An interesting piece of software that currently is an innovative gambling platform, but what also brought forward ideas that can trigger the start of something more."

It seems that we already determined, several times in the past day that this religious accusation that is leveled at bullish bitcoiners is bunk.  

Yes... billions and zillions... bitcoin being the solution to world banking problems... bitcoin not having a deflationary problem etc... just regular bullishness..
Determined.

P.S. People who tell that Scientology is a religion are wrongfully accusing bullish scientists.
Determined.

Smiley

Fair enough that you have your mantra or your view of things in which you seem to want to simplify and to describe BTC bullishness attitudes as a form of cultish behavior.

Frequently, there is some truth to any fiction and/or any propaganda, including the framework that you are outlining.  

I do NOT really have any major problem with you having your viewpoint and expressing it - though I remain somewhat bothered that your simplification has a tendency to dilute and distract and to mislead....  and also sometimes it rises to the level of patronizing and criticizing guys for being blind followers - when that frequently is NOT the case.  YET, I have seen that a few of your posts have made decent points, from time to time, so long as you steer clear from what seems to rise to personal attacks.

By the way, my various times stating, millions, billions or gazillions, it does NOT matter was to suggest that the exact number was NOT the point that was being made at that particular time... though, I recognize that sometimes, we may need to get fairly specific concerning the numbers that we are considering.... .. and in that regard if we were to take a snapshot of bitcoin's current infrastructure, we are going to come up with several ways to calculate the value of that infrastructure.. and some ways are going to produce larger numbers depending upon which aspects of the infrastructure that are included in such snapshot(s).

zyk

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Right. But the two of you are taking up over 50% of the posts. Your enthusiasm about this news is obvious and representative.

its not enthusiasm believe me....its just feeling culpable for having sold the goxcoins profiteering from other peoples Stockholm syndrom..

or who were blinded  to see through this " making the Ponzi work to rid the last idiot of his monies" which is still going on because nobody wants to

accept the fact that there have been 800000 stolen coins sold down to a hundred dollars at empty Gox.....

I would be rather worried that the plug is again pulled- why not tomorrow morning ? - nobody else suspicious why it is being held at 650 if you ´d really

come to your senses thinking the matters through ?   ok then cheers Wink
gmannn

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:16:46 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/ATILATX3PEXZ4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

Loved it!!! Excellent product, Experdited mailing, October 30, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Mirrycle MTB Bar End Mountain Bicycle Mirror (Sports)
1. The mirror itself is top notch. No distorsion (i.e., clear though convexed) unlike my previous Schwinn's at K-mart
2. Like it says, for the mountain bike, the mounting using the wedged end to the handle keeps it very tight, unlike
the collar-on-outside of handle mounting of the Schwinns and the like.
3. Even the articulated joints are tight and doesn't need any constant adjustments like my former. the threading
were made extra tight for this (the tooling to do the threading is purposefully made smaller).
4. i use it for the pavement (not dirt trails) and it holds the position after 30 miles. of course, if u bump the mirror,
it needs a little adjustment but that is expected.
5. Improvement: make the mirror about 1 inch diameter greater
6. just go buy it!!!

Are you fucking kidding me? The man can't even spell or construct a proper sentence. Experdited? Distorsion?

This is not Bitcoin's Satoshi.

This.

After seeing the effects of a stroke first hand, it is absolutely possible to go from white-paper nakamoto to newsweek nakamoto.  
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:17:41 PM

its not enthusiasm believe me....its just feeling culpable for having sold the goxcoins profiteering from other peoples Stockholm syndrom..

or who were blinded  to see through this " making the Ponzi work to rid the last idiot of his monies" which is still going on because nobody wants to

accept the fact that there have been 800000 stolen coins sold down to a hundred dollars at empty Gox.....

I would be rather worried that the plug is again pulled- why not tomorrow morning ? - nobody else suspicious why it is being held at 650 if you ´d really

come to your senses thinking the matters through ?   ok then cheers Wink
WTF are you talking about? Plug is pulled by who?
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:22:27 PM

Is Satoshi cashing out or not? Please advise  Undecided Undecided Undecided

I think that Satoshi thought that bitcoin will go to $1000 and not stop there. I thing that Satoshi estimated bitcoin maximum final price to be either $160 000 (replacing annual VISA volume) or $330 000 (replacing gold) or $800 000 (replacing USA GNP). He did not estimate bitcoin to go over $4 500 000 (If all the world economy was converted to bitcoins.).
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:25:13 PM

Double space after punctuation is same though. It's rare to see someone to hit double space after it and it's there on both satoshi's posts and that letter.

Everyone who went to school in the U.S. until about 1995 was taught to double space after final period.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:26:23 PM

I can also, sadly, agree that instead of accepting your mistake and shifting your position accordingly - as one might expect a serious academic or scientist to do - you doubled down on your position and started to try and pull apart the audits that you had just previously denied existed.

I affirmed that there were no audits, and that is a fact.  What Ver and Antonopoulos did were not audits (even Ver admitted that).  Saying that they were audits is a lie. 
KFR

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:26:55 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/ATILATX3PEXZ4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

Loved it!!! Excellent product, Experdited mailing, October 30, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Mirrycle MTB Bar End Mountain Bicycle Mirror (Sports)
1. The mirror itself is top notch. No distorsion (i.e., clear though convexed) unlike my previous Schwinn's at K-mart
2. Like it says, for the mountain bike, the mounting using the wedged end to the handle keeps it very tight, unlike
the collar-on-outside of handle mounting of the Schwinns and the like.
3. Even the articulated joints are tight and doesn't need any constant adjustments like my former. the threading
were made extra tight for this (the tooling to do the threading is purposefully made smaller).
4. i use it for the pavement (not dirt trails) and it holds the position after 30 miles. of course, if u bump the mirror,
it needs a little adjustment but that is expected.
5. Improvement: make the mirror about 1 inch diameter greater
6. just go buy it!!!

Are you fucking kidding me? The man can't even spell or construct a proper sentence. Experdited? Distorsion?

This is not Bitcoin's Satoshi.

This.

After seeing the effects of a stroke first hand, it is absolutely possible to go from white-paper nakamoto to newsweek nakamoto.  

I had that thought.  I too have seen very smart people intellectually and verbally crippled by a stroke.  It's a true tragedy.

However this is markedly different.  Check genuine Satoshi's posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts

Then re-read that letter.  It's not just a linguistic breakdown; the entire personality and approach has changed.  I simply can not believe that they are the same person.

Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:29:35 PM

I love how everyone is double-spacing after their periods now.  Its like a blast from the past.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:33:11 PM

Last weekend's British Sunday Times magazine contained a well-written article by Andrew Smith about who Satoshi might be. It examined about 10 candidates, most well-known in the bitcoin community, and did not jump to any conclusion. It puts the junk Newsweek article to shame.

WE HAVE to be a subscriber of the sunday times to read Smith's article.  Accordingly, I have NOT seen Smith's article.

This is fairly high speculation; however, I bet that if one million BTC were dumped onto one or more of the exchanges, BTC price would soon recover.  

We may get prices into the $100 range, but I really doubt that BTC price would go much below $100 and it would likely NOT stay there for a very long time.... Although, surely that large of a dump would surely cause a certain amount of panic if we did NOT know from where those 1 million coins were coming.. and others would likely choose to short their coins upon speculation of the price drop... and sure the domino effect of dumping would cause a large dump and then a large repurchasing the coins at a lower price.   I guess my point is that 1 million coin dump would NOT be the demise of BTC.. especially since currently there are only about 12.5 million BTC and some investors may consider an opportunity to buy cheap coins as a means to attempt to take control over a larger percentage of the BTC supply.

Pages: « 1 ... 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 [5130] 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 ... 33319 »
  Print  

Jump to: