May 02, 2024, 06:22:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 9281 9282 9283 9284 9285 9286 9287 9288 9289 9290 9291 9292 9293 9294 9295 9296 9297 9298 9299 9300 9301 9302 9303 9304 9305 9306 9307 9308 9309 9310 9311 9312 9313 9314 9315 9316 9317 9318 9319 9320 9321 9322 9323 9324 9325 9326 9327 9328 9329 9330 [9331] 9332 9333 9334 9335 9336 9337 9338 9339 9340 9341 9342 9343 9344 9345 9346 9347 9348 9349 9350 9351 9352 9353 9354 9355 9356 9357 9358 9359 9360 9361 9362 9363 9364 9365 9366 9367 9368 9369 9370 9371 9372 9373 9374 9375 9376 9377 9378 9379 9380 9381 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370717 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:00:32 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 10:05:46 AM

if bitcoin made you poor, you're doing it wrong.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:13:51 AM

I used to think that BTC will experience at least one more bubble before it's final demise, but it doesn't look like it anymore.

I think that the fall of bitcoin will be caused mainly by one of it's biggest flaws - inefficient new coin creation. The bitcoin network has become too expensive to run, and it needs more and more new money to enter, just to sustain it's value. If not enough new money will enter, then mining will start to eat the dollar value of bitcoin. Some miners are claiming that they will temporary cover the losses and wait for better times to sell. Some of them outright lie to support the positive sentiment and some of them actually can cover their losses for a limited time. This also means that their coins will be accumulating together with their losses. This is only building up to an avalanche where the miners can't cover their losses anymore and they have to sell their coins to whatever the price that they can get. When this happens, then the amount of coins that will be thrown at the market will be large enough to destroy any trust that bitcoin still had left.
Cryptocurrencies will live on, but new and better models will take over that have solved the important problems that bitcoin has.
replace bitcoin with government and miners with banks and you'll be spot on.

I don't care much about anti-government agendas and other expressions of teenage rebellion. I care about finding a practical financial tool, that can be used to develop both the finance and the economy. Bitcoin was the first to show that open-sourced monetary systems can be done, and I am thankful for that. But sadly, bitcoin the currency just isn't advanced enough to be used as a practical tool. The blockchain technology can be used as a practical tool to implement into new and better currencies, and the idea of bitcoin can be used as an source of inspiration for new cryptographic innovations.

Bitcoin the currency itself, is just a slot machine, that is shrouded with virtuous looking illusions. People with gambling problems can create a narrative to their spouses, that they are in fact "investors in an highly innovative technological project". That's the intriguing narrative that gets the permission to use the family's life savings on this "new and world changing project". The sad thing is, that if they can't see how it's really just a slot machine, then they can't also see that the machine is rigged to create profit for the house - the biggest holders of coin, and the people who run the unregulated exchanges. They have the power to raise or lower the price as they see fit, while having private information about their customers trading methods and habits.
A practical currency should be unattractive for speculative play, so gamblers who cause instability would stay away. A practical currency should be attractive to merchants, and without the need of middlemen like BitPay who take profit for offering stability. The technology can be used to make money efficient  and cheap (the cost of maintaining the monetary system). Bitcoin the currency is far from realizing the potential, and as long as the core devs aren't considering changing PoW mining and fixed coin supply, then I just can't see a way for that to change.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:20:36 AM

Fucking nailed it LOL:

In before Shroomskit turns bear once again and pretends that the things he just said about idiots selling and him HODLING never occurred.

LOL!

So where are all those idiots who were cheering for cheap coins all those months?
I don't see your daily posts about how much you are buying anymore. What happened? You stopped "loading up on cheap coins"?

_biO_

Activity: 174
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:20:56 AM

I used to think that BTC will experience at least one more bubble before it's final demise, but it doesn't look like it anymore.

I think that the fall of bitcoin will be caused mainly by one of it's biggest flaws - inefficient new coin creation. The bitcoin network has become too expensive to run, and it needs more and more new money to enter, just to sustain it's value. If not enough new money will enter, then mining will start to eat the dollar value of bitcoin. Some miners are claiming that they will temporary cover the losses and wait for better times to sell. Some of them outright lie to support the positive sentiment and some of them actually can cover their losses for a limited time. This also means that their coins will be accumulating together with their losses. This is only building up to an avalanche where the miners can't cover their losses anymore and they have to sell their coins to whatever the price that they can get. When this happens, then the amount of coins that will be thrown at the market will be large enough to destroy any trust that bitcoin still had left.
Cryptocurrencies will live on, but new and better models will take over that have solved the important problems that bitcoin has.

I don't care much about anti-government agendas and other expressions of teenage rebellion. I care about finding a practical financial tool, that can be used to develop both the finance and the economy. Bitcoin was the first to show that open-sourced monetary systems can be done, and I am thankful for that. But sadly, bitcoin the currency just isn't advanced enough to be used as a practical tool. The blockchain technology can be used as a practical tool to implement into new and better currencies, and the idea of bitcoin can be used as an source of inspiration for new cryptographic innovations.

Bitcoin the currency itself, is just a slot machine, that is shrouded with virtuous looking illusions. People with gambling problems can create a narrative to their spouses, that they are in fact "investors in an highly innovative technological project". That's the intriguing narrative that gets the permission to use the family's life savings on this "new and world changing project". The sad thing is, that if they can't see how it's really just a slot machine, then they can't also see that the machine is rigged to create profit for the house - the biggest holders of coin, and the people who run the unregulated exchanges. They have the power to raise or lower the price as they see fit, while having private information about their customers trading methods and habits.
A practical currency should be unattractive for speculative play, so gamblers who cause instability would stay away. A practical currency should be attractive to merchants, and without the need of middlemen like BitPay who take profit for offering stability. The technology can be used to make money efficient  and cheap (the cost of maintaining the monetary system). Bitcoin the currency is far from realizing the potential, and as long as the core devs aren't considering changing PoW mining and fixed coin supply, then I just can't see a way for that to change.

So you're in the "blockchain tech is great, but bitcoin is useless" camp?
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:21:41 AM

You haven't seen the light, man!
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:28:06 AM

A practical currency should be unattractive for speculative play, so gamblers who cause instability would stay away. A practical currency should be attractive to merchants, and without the need of middlemen like BitPay who take profit for offering stability.

Two words: Forex, and Visa.

Bitcoin is doing fine. The current per unit market value is in a bit of a slump. Not the first time this happened, and probably not the last time.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:28:40 AM

Idle speculation.
Worse. Armchair Philosophy.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:33:09 AM

...People with gambling problems can create a narrative to their spouses, that they are in fact "investors in an highly innovative technological project". That's the intriguing narrative that gets the permission to use the family's life savings on this "new and world changing project". ...

Naah...   You think?

vodka straight up... not for everyone...
oh ya i;m gana puke...
LMAO

buy Buy BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:37:31 AM

...because REAL philosophizing is done on the football field Roll Eyes
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:38:35 AM

...People with gambling problems can create a narrative to their spouses, that they are in fact "investors in an highly innovative technological project". That's the intriguing narrative that gets the permission to use the family's life savings on this "new and world changing project". ...

Naah...   You think?

oh ya i;m gana puke...
LMAO

buy Buy BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's having chick problems. Give the kid a break.
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:40:24 AM

Naah...   You think?

oh ya i;m gana puke...
LMAO

buy Buy BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

His wife left him because Bitcoin.  He still can't stop "investing."  Case in point.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:40:52 AM

...because REAL philosophizing is done on the football field Roll Eyes
You're in real form today. That metaphor was mixed worse than an Appleby's cocktail.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:41:41 AM

Naah...   You think?

oh ya i;m gana puke...
LMAO

buy Buy BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

His wife left him because Bitcoin.  Case in point.
Thanks Dr Phil.
buddhamangler

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:41:53 AM

i suppose you're calling the 400M of bitcoin VC "dumb money"?  Get real.  Please enlighten us on how to instantaneously create a digital currency with perfect distribution and no volatility in relation to already volatile fiats with automatic 100% merchant adoption and regulation in place.  fiats are speculated upon all the time, get your head out of the us dollars ass.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:42:21 AM

Out in force today.

Hilarious.

(I wonder, oh I wonder why)
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:44:46 AM

Naah...   You think?

oh ya i;m gana puke...
LMAO

buy Buy BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

His wife left him because Bitcoin.  Case in point.
Thanks Dr Phil.

What don't you get?  A d00d's life gets ruined by Bitcoin, he gets hammered so he could continue "investing" in this "disruptive technology." Cheesy
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:47:53 AM

Out in force today.

Hilarious.

Price tanks--bullish!
Yearlong decline--going up up up!

No shit it's hilarious.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:52:37 AM

Out in force today.

Hilarious.

Price tanks--bullish!
Yearlong decline--going up up up!

No shit it's hilarious.

Yes dear.

Hilarious indeed.

You are hilarious and so transparent.

As I said out in force today.

Enjoy.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:00:32 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 9281 9282 9283 9284 9285 9286 9287 9288 9289 9290 9291 9292 9293 9294 9295 9296 9297 9298 9299 9300 9301 9302 9303 9304 9305 9306 9307 9308 9309 9310 9311 9312 9313 9314 9315 9316 9317 9318 9319 9320 9321 9322 9323 9324 9325 9326 9327 9328 9329 9330 [9331] 9332 9333 9334 9335 9336 9337 9338 9339 9340 9341 9342 9343 9344 9345 9346 9347 9348 9349 9350 9351 9352 9353 9354 9355 9356 9357 9358 9359 9360 9361 9362 9363 9364 9365 9366 9367 9368 9369 9370 9371 9372 9373 9374 9375 9376 9377 9378 9379 9380 9381 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: