April 27, 2024, 10:57:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368549 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:19:13 PM

There is some exciting news that will materialize soon though.

hmmmmmmm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 05:19:43 PM

hmmmmmmm

he ignored my post asking what that might be  Cheesy or simply has not gotten to reading it yet
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4458

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:21:35 PM

Lovely Sunday entertainment.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

the exciting news is that bitcoin is rallying, in line with our forecast :-)
elg

Activity: 151
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 05:22:45 PM

another 4k buy  Smiley
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:23:34 PM

Pleasant thing to wake up to. Back to sleep. Nice post IAS  Smiley
The mooooost important thing I've learned since doing this bitcoin a year and a half ago is learning to think for myself Smiley

By the way, after stumbling into astrology with yours and Otoh's threads, I looked into that Somner guy and watched a podcast of his with an A.T. Mann. For some reason I couldn't resist trying out a consultation at least once, and I chose a Life Time Reading from A.T. Mann and he summed up my life impeccably well. His theory is that we live life in a logarithmic scale and be pinpoints how I was conceived (ie how my parents felt, who chose what (I was unexpected and my parents weren't close!!!), how I grew up (very feminine household ie three sisters), etc with 100% accuracy. Things that you cannot find from Facebook etc.  I was truly astounded.  My future looks very interesting and I am quite happy I did it.

By the way Otoh did say the stars say second half of this month should be great, and not simply in regards to bitcoin

I didn't even realize AT Mann was alive as I assumed he was from a long while ago but just checked and he is only 69. That is amazing if you got a reading from him.
We should chip in and have him look at Bitcoin using Gann and Astrology? Was he expensive?

When you get a reading from an astrologer that is good/great, it can absolutely shock you. The trick is applying it to something like BTC, where the location is not even 100% knows...
http://atmann.net/aread.htm#aread
Yeah dude, I was still skeptical before. Not anymore, and that's saying a lot. I was a born skeptic, science background etc. But, as any good scientist, my curiosity was piqued and I investigated it some more Smiley I paid $200 for life time astro reading since he was willing to give me a student discount, normally $350. This is simply my anecdotal evidence, and seeing as it confirmed that there's something peculiar about the study of astrology, it warrants even more of my consideration now.

Btw, I sent in some coin to your Sommer reading because I appreciated it. I wouldn't mind seeing what Tad has to say about BTC as well, although, do you think it will be a bit redundant?

My god. You can't be serious right?

but I am. I understand that daily horoscopes are typically very generalized and vague for a reason, they by nature have to be so people will enjoy them in the papers or whatever. but this isn't about daily horoscopes you see in the papers. i later learned that it's about more than simply a sun sign written by any self-proclaimed astrologer hired by a newspaper

the long, old history of esotericism is what interested me, because I'm an avid reader and I appreciate the arts, I see a lot of esotericism influence in those things, so i just wanted to understand mythology. So then i looked into the theory of (as above, so below), thought it was a neat idea, then I had a looksee at my natal charts ( http://www.chaosastrology.net/freeastrologyreports.cfm ----try it, why not), saw that there were strict mechanics into star reading, and it was quite accurate without being overly general. Pretty good for a scripted program. So then eventually I decided to put it to a small test with a professional astrology consultation, which was exact and specific. For a reason, it blew my mind and paradigm. Y'know, I take things for what they are. It has yet to be contradictory to me. At the very least, the perspective astrology uses is a very very neat way to look at things. There are some things in this world that aren't absolute.

At the moment I am looking into astrology, which seems indispensable for a proper understanding of mythology.  There are strange and wondrous things in these lands of darkness.  Please, don't worry about my wanderings in these infinitudes.  I shall return laden with rich booty for our knowledge of the human psyche.  ~Carl Jung

Did that consultant inform you of the fact that your star sign is not actually your star sign? Something 99% of these scammers out there don't seem to realize.

A horoscope is an astrological forecast. The term is also used to describe a map of the zodiac at the time of one’s birth. The zodiac is divided into twelve zones of the sky, each named after the constellation that originally fell within its zone (Taurus, Leo, etc.). The apparent paths of the sun, the moon, and the major planets all fall within the zodiac. Because of the precession of the equinoxes, the equinox and solstice points have each moved westward about 30 degrees in the last 2,000 years. Thus, the zodiacal constellations named in ancient times no longer correspond to the segments of the zodiac represented by their signs. In short, had you been born at the same time on the same day of the year 2,000 years ago, you would have been born under a different sign.

In fact, there should be 13 signs, not 12. It is this fact of precession which has altered the very constellations from which masses "derive" their charts.
    Precession of the equinox is caused by the fact that the axis of the earth's rotation (which causes day and night) and the axis of the earth's revolution around the sun (which marks the passage of each year) are not parallel. They are 23 l/2 degrees away from lining up; that is, the earth's axis of rotation is tilted. This tilt also causes our seasons, a fact that Ptolemy did understand but that many people do not understand even today. Ptolemy understood that the rotation axis of the earth was slowly precessing, or moving in a circle, with an angular radius of 23 1/2 degrees with a period of around 26,000 years. He deduced this from comparisons of data taken by the ancient Sumerians 2,000 years before his time. He did not understand what was pushing the precession, but he did understand the motion. We now realize that the sun is rotating with a period of around 30 days and that this causes the sun to bulge at the equator, which causes a torque to be exerted on the top like motion of the earth's day and night cycle. There is also a small 18.6-year variation caused by the moon's orbit around the earth, and the moon also has a small effect on precession; however, the sun's equatorial bulge is the main cause of the precession of the equinox, which is why your sign listed in the newspaper, by Sidney Omar for instance, in most cases is removed by one sign from the modern, actual position of the sun at your birth.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 05:23:48 PM

of course, I didnt think for one second than any substantial amount of money from $130 down was withdrawn back into bank accounts. There's still quite a bit of latent money sitting on sideline exchanges I imagine.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:36:09 PM

The mooooost important thing I've learned since doing this bitcoin a year and a half ago is learning to think for myself Smiley

By the way, after stumbling into astrology with yours and Otoh's threads, I looked into that Somner guy and watched a podcast of his with an A.T. Mann. For some reason I couldn't resist trying out a consultation at least once, and I chose a Life Time Reading from A.T. Mann and he summed up my life impeccably well. His theory is that we live life in a logarithmic scale and be pinpoints how I was conceived (ie how my parents felt, who chose what (I was unexpected and my parents weren't close!!!), how I grew up (very feminine household ie three sisters), etc with 100% accuracy. Things that you cannot find from Facebook etc.  I was truly astounded.  My future looks very interesting and I am quite happy I did it.

By the way Otoh did say the stars say second half of this month should be great, and not simply in regards to bitcoin

I didn't even realize AT Mann was alive as I assumed he was from a long while ago but just checked and he is only 69. That is amazing if you got a reading from him.
We should chip in and have him look at Bitcoin using Gann and Astrology? Was he expensive?

When you get a reading from an astrologer that is good/great, it can absolutely shock you. The trick is applying it to something like BTC, where the location is not even 100% knows...
Yeah dude, I was still skeptical before. Not anymore, and that's saying a lot. I was a born skeptic, science background etc. But, as any good scientist, my curiosity was piqued and I investigated it some more Smiley I paid $200 for life time astro reading since he was willing to give me a student discount, normally $350. This is simply my anecdotal evidence, and seeing as it confirmed that there's something peculiar about the study of astrology, it warrants even more of my consideration now.

Btw, I sent in some coin to your Sommer reading because I appreciated it. I wouldn't mind seeing what Tad has to say about BTC as well, although, do you think it will be a bit redundant?

My god. You can't be serious right?

but I am. I understand that daily horoscopes are typically very generalized and vague for a reason, they by nature have to be so people will enjoy them in the papers or whatever. but this isn't about daily horoscopes you see in the papers. i later learned that it's about more than simply a sun sign written by any self-proclaimed astrologer hired by a newspaper

the long, old history of esotericism is what interested me, because I'm an avid reader and I appreciate the arts, I see a lot of esotericism influence in those things, so i just wanted to understand mythology. So then i looked into the theory of (as above, so below), thought it was a neat idea, then I had a looksee at my natal charts ( http://www.chaosastrology.net/freeastrologyreports.cfm ----try it, why not), saw that there were strict mechanics into star reading, and it was quite accurate without being overly general. Pretty good for a scripted program. So then eventually I decided to put it to a small test with a professional astrology consultation, which was exact and specific. For a reason, it blew my mind and paradigm. Y'know, I take things for what they are. It has yet to be contradictory to me. At the very least, the perspective astrology uses is a very very neat way to look at things. There are some things in this world that aren't absolute.

At the moment I am looking into astrology, which seems indispensable for a proper understanding of mythology.  There are strange and wondrous things in these lands of darkness.  Please, don't worry about my wanderings in these infinitudes.  I shall return laden with rich booty for our knowledge of the human psyche.  ~Carl Jung
+1
good for you man, that is cool that you can look at it with a skeptical mind and still have an outcome that is paradigm shifting.

http://chaco.malpurposed.net/astronomy.html   

look at this, a tad off subject but the point is that if there is a whole civilization and for eons we have had this thing called astrology affecting our world and we are immersed in it then if the people of ancient civilizations new something and we just pass it off as it is nothing then there might be something we are all missing. there is a lot of info about chaco canyon and the ruins there and a little investigation would interest you.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:36:42 PM

The price was right. Great astrologers charge lots of money.

Did you send my something a few days ago? I hadn't opened my wallet and saw someone sent something, or I had deposited something as "astrology reading" but I don't remember. You were the only donation and I appreciate it, it was generous. You paid like almost half of my part and Otoh put in a good amount as well.

To those skeptical, just give it a try, but don't do a reading with a no name unless someone can vouch for them.
Don't try to analyze it scientifically, because it is beyond science. Shroomskit - Yes, astrologers are aware the zodiac has fully shifted by a sign and yet it works. I have freaked out too many students of mine, both those I knew and those I knew nothing about. Most of them are IT experts, so not exactly an astrologers friend...   And for the really skeptical, I would go places that they don't want to go, normally. Sun sign astrology (newspapers) is mostly bullshit and too generalized, but breaking down someones chart by many planets, signs, houses, their relationships, etc. is a story. An amazing story that your mind will never let you experience, for it is impossible to your mind. And ps - Love is more than chemicals, is not a word... ;-)

IAS
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:38:47 PM

of course, I didnt think for one second than any substantial amount of money from $130 down was withdrawn back into bank accounts. There's still quite a bit of latent money sitting on sideline exchanges I imagine.

correct. and most of our special indicators support this
marvinrouge

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:46:57 PM

Shocked ok...
ShroomsKit

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:48:48 PM

2013 and people still believe in this shit. I just can't understand it. It's just insane.
Of course NOT ONE PERSON EVER has proven it to be working but that obviously won't stop them. Just a minor detail. It's so sad.
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:50:23 PM

Shocked ok...

Its called gox not giving people USD.

When they start giving people USD within a reasonable time frame, then I'll believe the goxxian price. Until then its basically a lie.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:51:27 PM

2013 and people still believe in this shit. I just can't understand it. It's just insane.
Of course NOT ONE PERSON EVER has proven it to be working but that obviously won't stop them. Just a minor detail. It's so sad.

Emotion is not concerned with truth, just with being correct.

Try it, you'll like it. LOL

Not one study has proven love, but I see it all around me...
Nothing will stop it!
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:59:11 PM

Ehh... plenty of studies actually.
We pretty much know every chemicals release it induces in the brain and their effects.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:01:25 PM

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:02:44 PM

If the whale buyer makes another 2 moves soon, we'll see a panic buy and 120, which would be quite unexpected.
As a good bear, I hoped the price will fall somewhere around 80 (to buy more), but it's not going that direction (well, not yet).
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:05:08 PM

Not seeing anything that has changed our downtrend.  If BTC can't break 104, then we still have a lower high and thus the downtrend remains.  I'm actually starting to believe the speculations that people are buying BTC to exit Gox.  If I personally saw something legitamate toward an up, up, up, you IAS, know I would say so.  

Also, the physic hotline pic was just a joke.  Astrology and other stuff is not nor will it ever be for me, but to each his/her own.
ShroomsKit

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:07:26 PM

Emotion is not concerned with truth, just with being correct.

Try it, you'll like it. LOL

Nothing will stop it!

Thanks, i just threw up in my mouth a little.
People with these kind of arguments should be put on some island far, far away.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:09:28 PM

Ehh... plenty of studies actually.
We pretty much know every chemicals release it induces in the brain and their effects.

This is the scientific dilemma though. If you measure a chemical when you experience love (actually, your definition of it), is that love we are measuring? Is love physical, sexual, etc?
When they did Near Death Experience studies they found DMT was being released at that time. So, the light people saw was just induced by a chemical? Yeah, correlation = effect. Chicken or egg? eheheheh I doubt it is that simple. Or, did the chemical open something, like a key opens the door. After all we are bio-chemical beings, but don't forget a whole lot more. Not to jump to another topic, but it is closely related. The studies over the last few years they have done with DMT (and psychedelics also) have scared the shit out of some scientists.

This is beyond science at this point in time and probably for a whole lot longer.
Pages: « 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: