May 02, 2024, 03:06:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14687 14688 14689 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 [14737] 14738 14739 14740 14741 14742 14743 14744 14745 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370668 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:31:28 AM

-snip-
...the fact that Classic is DOA with the mining and economic majority opposing them. Cheers friend.  Smiley
-snip-

You read the letter as a resounding denunciation of Classic and a firm endorsement of Core, interesting.

Upon reading point 3...
In the next 3 weeks, we need the Bitcoin Core developers to work with us and clarify the roadmap with respect to a future hard-fork which includes an increase of the block size.

This is obviously asking Core to do what they have refused to do for a year now, and it gives a deadline.

Let's see if miners will grab the bone they might be thrown. My guess is that it will be a pinky promise for a HF sometime in 2017.

Now, because Core is immune to politics, and will only base decisions on their enabling of future profitability technical superiority... they simply cannot do this. To change Gregory's roadmap is to succumb to political pressure where a mouth breathing majority tramples the sacred rights of the enlightened minority, compromising at all would mean they have been lying all along about that point.
Bit of a pickle there. Cheers Friend.  Kiss

Let the purge begin! Bitcoin is a settlement tool for central banking, excelsior!
Any tips on how I can run a payment channel hub to siphon fees from miners?

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-White-House-think-of-cryptocurrencies-such-as-bitcoin

Ed Felten, Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer of The US gvt has keenly watching the debate as they are interested in the outcome.
Claims there is no participation.

The sooner we purge these CIA/GCHQ banksters, the better! Zionists... ur next!  Cool

Regarding the part that I bolded above, I am a little bit unclear about your apparent desire to be combative on these various points.  It is like you are buying into some kind of argument that bitcoin is in a state of emergency and that there's got to be a hardfork, or else we are screwed.

Hello?  How could there have to be a hardfork in order to achieve a technological limitations issue... That 1mb versus 2mb technological change is likely not a big deal, and there seems to be absolutely no need for a hardfork in order to achieve such technological change.

In fact, it appears that the ONLY reason for a hard fork, rather than a soft fork, is because one part is trying to force the issue and therefore to cause some kind of precedent for being able to make emergency changes via non-consensus, and there is no need to force any issue because a large majority already agrees more or less that an increase will be needed at some point.  There is no rush to create a timeline blah blah blah.. because seg wit is right around the corner, and seg wit should be incorporated first in order to see how that plays out, and thereafter, after seg wit has been incorporated for a few months, then likely there can be additional and/or lengthy investigation into the impact and possibly even a timeline for causing some kind of block size increase, and again no need to hard fork such a decision, unless you are attempting to take away consensus decision making and to attempt to rule from a smaller group of peeps.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:34:44 AM

UPDATE: I now have a 80 coin short in. Want to make it 160? 320? keep pumping, cripplecoiners.

Wow... you are braver bear than me... I shorted 2 days ago, when 12h MACD divergence looked ready to cross into red,
and then had to close the short at a small loss, so now I'm waiting, it may crash this weekend or climb to 400$ and then crash.
Anyway IMO support at 300$ must be tested, even in a bullish scenario.

I love that even your bullish scenario includes a price crash of 21%. Nothing changes  Cheesy

Yeah, a crash of 20%, even after there had already been, more or less a crash of 20%... so that looks like about 40% under the Tzupy "bull-ish" scenario.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:35:44 AM

Difficulty:   144,116,447,847
Next:   178,425,017,594
Hash Rate:   1,236,498,466 GH/s

Estimated Next Difficulty:    178,784,614,714 (+24.06%)
This is a clear sign of going up... miners investing more and burning more electricity in anticipation for bull run.

There has also been new more efficient asics deployed.  I have no way of knowing what portion of the increase is due to what.

If things go as usual the bull run should happen right before I get fresh fiat next month Tongue
@ the world revolves around me Roll Eyes

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:36:46 AM

We don't necessarily have to choose between either. Dipping in a fee market event if it proves harmful won't be disastrous as there are always temporary off the chain solutions to buffer the extra tx's (Ironically, those that support Classic), and it will merely sway miners and many other to support increasing the blocksize quickly.

You're leaving out permanent off chain solutions. You might have seen the alt markets lately... This is not a space without competitive pressure, open source code vs periodic table.

I think your final point is true, the questions are when, and at what cost?

Block reward is the manna to consume while eating everyone else's lunch with unmatched utility. More capacity, more fees, and the inflation curve is ridden with ease.

I'm not against secondary layers, nor structural changes with demonstrated utility, they will be absolutely mandatory for massive scale. However, they build on Bitcoin, sacrifices shouldn't be made to do it the other way around.

@JJG, don't be like BJA, it's not a crisis where everything explodes and fails all at once... it's a slow bleed away of utility and potential.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:37:16 AM

billy, please keep us updated as you double down. Will make things much more enjoyable.

You have been away for a while.

You really expect BullyJA to tell the truth?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:41:54 AM

I don't know all about that purge non-sense ... we shouldn't stoop to their level and use violence, torture, kidnapping, and murder to effect change when we can write code and peacefully opt out of funding various crimes against humanity.
-snip-

Whoa brother... I was thinking more of deleting their comments and banning them from subreddits... followed by a little gentle DDoSing, no need to go that far.

To be fair ... The reality distortion field was high within their community because outside trolls and agent provocateurs where actively supporting Bitcoin Classic to create division in our community and because adopting that implementation would lead to centralization and dis-empower all the "evil" crypt-anarchists and cipher-punks.
We shouldn't hold any grudges against most Classic supporters and welcome them back in as our temporarily lost brothers in an act of solidarity.

So if I admit I've been mislead by Satoshi's white paper outside trolls and agent provocateurs... will you cipher punks welcome me back into the agreeable hodler fold? I can't imagine how I would cope without JJG's insight and humor... Sure, a big ol' pile of stinkin' filthy fiat might help, but would leave me with a strange acrobat shaped hole in my heart.  Cry

You either are attempting to get it or you are not.

You are likely not to have any run ins with me, so long as you are at least attempting to provide fact based posts and attempts at logical opinions and conclusions. 

On the other hand, when you seem to be talking your book or coming to various illogical and provocative conclusions, then you are likely going to receive some haters..   hahahaha     Tongue
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:45:57 AM

You're leaving out permanent off chain solutions. You might have seen the alt markets lately... This is not a space without competitive pressure, open source code vs periodic table.

I think your final point is true, the questions are when, and at what cost?

Block reward is the manna to consume while eating everyone else's lunch with unmatched utility. More capacity, more fees, and the inflation curve is ridden with ease.

I'm not against secondary layers, nor structural changes with demonstrated utility, they will be absolutely mandatory for massive scale. However, they build on Bitcoin, sacrifices shouldn't be made to do it the other way around.

@JJG, don't be like BJA, it's not a crisis where everything explodes and fails all at once... it's a slow bleed away of utility and potential.

Than the solution to this dilemma is to do more testing , grow our market share with users, write more software, startup more businesses faster than the other alts. Its still too early to know how to solve our problems or what a fee market event will look like... the only thing we can do is innovate and create redundancy plans.... This does mean we should try and strengthen other implementations(I don't know If I can ever agree on a low threshold for a HF though )

I understand , the above is easier said than done.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:48:37 AM

The price is likely to rise again on Monday as China gets back from holiday, combined with the fact that gold seemed to have bottomed and started to increase, and the Yuan is supposed to be devalued by like 30-40%, so I went all in at $375 and already up $10 a coin.  No matter how much bullshit BJA says, there are too many positive external factors on price right now to be that dangerous to hold.  The Yuan devaluation thing alone is yuge and might turn out to just be shoveling free money at you by holding BTC.

A halving + huge yuan devaluation at the same time?  Are you shitting me?  It's like god himself is trying to increase the BTC price.  Even if the blockchain stopped and never worked again it would probably go up.
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:51:56 AM

You are likely not to have any run ins with me, so long as you are at least attempting to provide fact based posts and attempts at logical opinions and conclusions. 

On the other hand, when you seem to be talking your book or coming to various illogical and provocative conclusions, then you are likely going to receive some haters..   hahahaha     Tongue

You think I would give a shit about any of this if I wasn't net long?

hahaha hate on buddy  Grin

Would like nothing more than to solve this dispute and go back to juvenile market banter, remember those happy days?

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool    Tongue

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:53:34 AM

The price is likely to rise again on Monday as China gets back from holiday, combined with the fact that gold seemed to have bottomed and started to increase, and the Yuan is supposed to be devalued by like 30-40%, so I went all in at $375 and already up $10 a coin.  No matter how much bullshit BJA says, there are too many positive external factors on price right now to be that dangerous to hold.  The Yuan devaluation thing alone is yuge and might turn out to just be shoveling free money at you by holding BTC.

A halving + huge yuan devaluation at the same time?  Are you shitting me?  It's like god himself is trying to increase the BTC price.  Even if the blockchain stopped and never worked again it would probably go up.

agreed, it seem that 450 is the target near term.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:58:51 AM

I'm hardly like BJA because I am not really trying to sell anything or to talk my book or to brag in various ways,... which BJA seems to attempt a lot.

Surely, I am overall bullish about bitcoin, and I am expecting it's price to go upwards in the longer term (and so I do not buy any supposed "bleed" hypothesis, but I do not really know and I am open to learn if the evidence seems to support that direction. 

Accordingly, I participate in these forums in order to be interactive in my learning with other participants about bitcoin and discussing my attempts to invest in accordance with my perspective and my risk profile, and if the evidence begins to support that I need to shift my investment or to reallocate towards some other crypto, then I don't have a problem doing that, if I am able to identify it soon enough to make such a move seem feasible (which sometimes, there may be transfer expenses and losses).

I am not engaging in discussions in this forum in any attempt to push the short term BTC price direction and/or to propagandize regarding any kind of short term bet that I may have or trying to compete with anyone regarding whether I am correct in my views or regarding my BTC holdings and/or my claims to profits.  Accordingly, if I can learn from various posts, then I find that helpful.

In recent times, I had claimed to be neutral regarding whether a hard fork needed to occur and even regarding the possible implementation of classic or XT... but as time has evolved and I have read up about these potential pushes towards a hard fork, I have gone over to viewing those pushes for hardforks as being overly coercive, unnecessary and bully type behavior.  My mind is not closed on the topic; however, that seems to be my current leanings, especially coming from some readings of threads in the forum and my participation as well.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:01:20 AM

Coin

Explanation
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:01:38 AM

-snip-
...the fact that Classic is DOA with the mining and economic majority opposing them. Cheers friend.  Smiley
-snip-

You read the letter as a resounding denunciation of Classic and a firm endorsement of Core, interesting.

Upon reading point 3...
In the next 3 weeks, we need the Bitcoin Core developers to work with us and clarify the roadmap with respect to a future hard-fork which includes an increase of the block size.

This is obviously asking Core to do what they have refused to do for a year now, and it gives a deadline.

Let's see if miners will grab the bone they might be thrown. My guess is that it will be a pinky promise for a HF sometime in 2017.

Now, because Core is immune to politics, and will only base decisions on their enabling of future profitability technical superiority... they simply cannot do this. To change Gregory's roadmap is to succumb to political pressure where a mouth breathing majority tramples the sacred rights of the enlightened minority, compromising at all would mean they have been lying all along about that point. Bit of a pickle there. Cheers Friend.  Kiss

Let the purge begin! Bitcoin is a settlement tool for central banking, excelsior!
Any tips on how I can run a payment channel hub to siphon fees from miners?

https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-White-House-think-of-cryptocurrencies-such-as-bitcoin

Ed Felten, Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer of The US gvt has keenly watching the debate as they are interested in the outcome.
Claims there is no participation.

The sooner we purge these CIA/GCHQ banksters, the better! Zionists... ur next!  Cool

This sinister sounding abbreviation keeps popping up.

Quote from: gmaxwell
BlindMayorBitcorn, I can't help but observe that flooding a thread with tripe-- as you appear to be doing-- when it isn't going your way is literally straight out of the GCHQ public communication subversion playbook.

I really ought to know what this is I'm a part of.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:05:51 AM

On the other hand, when you seem to be talking your book or coming to various illogical and provocative conclusions, then you are likely going to receive some haters..   hahahaha     Tongue

hahaha hate on buddy  Grin

Would like nothing more than to solve this dispute and go back to juvenile market banter, remember those happy days?

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool    Tongue

I'm not hating on anyone, including you, Cconvert2G36.  

O.k., sometimes it may seem that I am hating a bit on BJA, but really, I believe that I am hating more on the substance of BJA's posts rather than on him.... .. but sometimes when he or others become so ridiculous and repetitive in their content, it sometimes will begin to seem more personal than I mean my response to be.

I try to be very open to any discussions of meaningful and/or trivial topics, so long as we are attempting to grapple with real, rather than made up facts... so long as we are attempting to apply actual rather than made up logic.

Sometimes there can be troubles, however, when we are grappling in our attempts to understand facts that are presented to us, which may sometimes lead us to employing bad logic based on emotion rather that real attempts at resolution(s).

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:08:16 AM

BlindMayorBitcorn, I can't help but observe that flooding a thread with tripe-- as you appear to be doing-- when it isn't going your way is literally straight out of the GCHQ public communication subversion playbook.

Hey, congratulations. You're now an official enemy of Bitcoin. That's pretty cool when you think about it. If you're not already getting paid by 3/4 letter agencies let me know and I'll put in a good word for you.

Be warned though that you'll be kept out in the cold to an extent. You won't be invited to any golf games or garden parties because the Blockstream guys get the main perks.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:10:28 AM

I'm not going to make assumptions about you but it is of interest the GCHQ just was given explicit permission to break the law where others would be jailed kidnapped and tortured for similar actions-

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35558349

They have been given the legal power to subvert, exploit, hack, spread trojans and viruses, introduce backdoors security vulnerabilities, and invade peoples privacy without a warrant. This double standard is highly offensive and we all should consider the GCHQ our enemy.
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:13:46 AM

Hey, congratulations. You're now an official enemy of Bitcoin. That's pretty cool when you think about it. If you're not already getting paid by 3/4 letter agencies let me know and I'll put in a good word for you.

Be warned though that you'll be kept out in the cold to an extent. You won't be invited to any golf games or garden parties because the Blockstream guys get the main perks.

On the subject of book talking... don't pretend we don't know about the opinion agent referral bonus schema.  Angry
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:15:40 AM

I'm not going to make assumptions about you but it is of interest the GCHQ just was given explicit permission to break the law where others would be jailed kidnapped and tortured for similar actions-

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35558349

They have been given the legal power to subvert, exploit, hack, spread trojans and viruses, introduce backdoors security vulnerabilities, and invade peoples privacy without a warrant. This double standard is highly offensive and we all should consider the GCHQ our enemy.

Yeah, that's why it's so insulting to have your honest opinion paint you as a government agent.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:16:47 AM

This must be how Edward Snowden feels.  Undecided

@BitUsher   I'm not even Catholic.
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:18:27 AM

On the other hand, when you seem to be talking your book or coming to various illogical and provocative conclusions, then you are likely going to receive some haters..   hahahaha     Tongue

hahaha hate on buddy  Grin

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool    Tongue

I'm not hating on anyone, including you, Cconvert2G36.  

O.k., sometimes it may seem that I am hating a bit on BJA, but really, I believe that I am hating more on the substance of BJA's posts rather than on him.... .. but sometimes when he or others become so ridiculous and repetitive in their content, it sometimes will begin to seem more personal than I mean my response to be.

I try to be very open to any discussions of meaningful and/or trivial topics, so long as we are attempting to grapple with real, rather than made up facts... so long as we are attempting to apply actual rather than made up logic.

Sometimes there can be troubles, however, when we are grappling in our attempts to understand facts that are presented to us, which may sometimes lead us to employing bad logic based on emotion rather that real attempts at resolution(s).

Little too much grappling involved for my taste... but I think we could maybe do a fist bump or so.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 14687 14688 14689 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 [14737] 14738 14739 14740 14741 14742 14743 14744 14745 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: