May 02, 2024, 08:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 [14740] 14741 14742 14743 14744 14745 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370755 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:10:43 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/45hgkz/attempted_murder_at_kncminer_in_sweden/

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article22255558.ab

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:15:10 PM

If I want to talk about smart contracts do you think I have to go to altcoin discussion?
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:20:32 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?  Shocked

You sleep for few hours and BIM! Nearly the 390 when you were just hopping for the 380 Grin
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:42:29 PM

Meanwhile ... 21 releases better code using the new CLTV opcode to setup a micro-payments channel to dramatically increase capacity with no need for a blocksize limit increase, and no added network tradoffs. Works with any device and free to use.

https://medium.com/@21/true-micropayments-with-bitcoin-e64fec23ffd8#.t2iij7v71

This will not be as inexpensive and powerful as the lightning network but is a great solution to resolve current capacity "problems" immediately.

bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:46:32 PM

Whelp, Core's winning (they got a knife Shocked)
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:47:56 PM

Whoa brother... I was thinking more of deleting their comments and banning them from subreddits... followed by a little gentle DDoSing, no need to go that far.

You were using the term Purge which was an odd attempt to by Fatman3001 to insinuate I advocated for technique used by Stalin and his followers. Take a Look at this deplorable moment in history that he was referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

A purge is quite common in academia and similar groupings.

We had one at the uni near where I live. One professor had an agreement on a work schedule that made it possible for her to see her children, who lived in a different city, two days a week. When the other side of the conflict took over the institute that agreement was cancelled. The wife of a professor on the "wrong" side, who was also a professor at the same institute, lost her regular lecture hall and had to conduct her lectures on the other side of campus up a steep hill. She was in a wheel chair. The third professor was defined out of the institutes research profile and forced to leave his long term research in order to teach introductory classes for new students and preparation classes for high school students. A fourth professor, who was technically illiterate, was forced to leave his research and lead the institutes new IT program, which included summer classes.

There are many different ways to push people out of a community, to purge the community. Considering that there is a very real chance that this will happen in the Bitcoin community I would be more careful with boisterous proclamations calling for exclusion and vigilance. Theymos is already doing everything he can to shut people down. Adam Back and Gmaxwell have been making some less than reassuring noises as well. If you really believe in an open and free community I suggest you take this to heart.
bargainbin

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:50:05 PM

Meanwhile ... 21 releases better code using the new CLTV opcode to setup a micro-payments channel to dramatically increase capacity with no need for a blocksize limit increase, and no added network tradoffs. Works with any device and free to use.
Caveat: "to allow high frequency Bitcoin-based microtransactions between any pair of 21 Bitcoin Computers," true P2P, i.e between 2 PiTatoes Cheesy
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:55:32 PM

Caveat: "to allow high frequency Bitcoin-based microtransactions between any pair of 21 Bitcoin Computers," true P2P, i.e between 2 PiTatoes Cheesy

The Decentralizationing!
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:00:06 PM

This is pure gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkuJXGldrM&feature=youtu.be

Hey Admins, we want the forum to enable YT videos embeds
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:01:22 PM

Coin

Explanation
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:08:49 PM

The Decentralizationing!

This is misleading. They are referring to High frequency micro transactions. a small business like a restaurant could have a micro transaction tab setup without any 21 Bitcoin Computers. This is free code that works with any device.

We had one at the uni near where I live. One professor had an agreement on a work schedule that made it possible for her to see her children, who lived in a different city, two days a week. When the other side of the conflict took over the institute that agreement was cancelled. The wife of a professor on the "wrong" side, who was also a professor at the same institute, lost her regular lecture hall and had to conduct her lectures on the other side of campus up a steep hill. She was in a wheel chair. The third professor was defined out of the institutes research profile and forced to leave his long term research in order to teach introductory classes for new students and preparation classes for high school students. A fourth professor, who was technically illiterate, was forced to leave his research and lead the institutes new IT program, which included summer classes.

There are many different ways to push people out of a community, to purge the community. Considering that there is a very real chance that this will happen in the Bitcoin community I would be more careful with boisterous proclamations calling for exclusion and vigilance. Theymos is already doing everything he can to shut people down. Adam Back and Gmaxwell have been making some less than reassuring noises as well. If you really believe in an open and free community I suggest you take this to heart.

I don't think it is wise to conflate the Great Purge with the forms of ostricizations you are describing and find it very odd that you are reading into my statements intentions that just do not exist. I have explained very clearly what should be done with "shills/trolls/  agent provocateurs" --

P.S... I believe their are many genuine bitcoin advocates who support Classic(including some prominent anarchists like Ver and Janssens so this isn't about Statists vs Anarchists), and that the trolls and agent provocateurs aren't just representing the classic side but multiple groups for various reasons. One likely reason is to subvert our ecosystem. Here is a good video giving you an overview on how states subvert organizations they oppose - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fQoGMtE0EY

I do think that it is possible that States are still ignoring and simply watching our ecosystem from the sidelines as they have already admitted towards...who knows? The beauty of subversion is that it is extremely difficult to avoid or identify and those that claim that it is happening are accused of being paranoid. The good thing is that we can avoid its effects by increasing education and trying not to automatically assume ill will , and sticking to the facts as best we can to avoid it if it is happening.

To add to that we can ignore trolls that are abusive or constantly provide low level tripe simply by using the ignore feature.

In what way are my recommendations are akin to shutting people down and excluding them?

lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:14:04 PM

oh the price is on the rise right now, i hope thats not just a temporary pump and that we will start seeing positive tendencies
bargainbin

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:20:22 PM

The Decentralizationing!
This is misleading. They are referring to High frequency micro transactions. a small business like a restaurant could have a micro transaction tab setup without any 21 Bitcoin Computers. This is free code that works with any device.

Not misleading at all. The code is for PiTatoes. "... soon, you’ll be able to download a free client that makes this work between any pair of devices."
In Bitcoin, SoonTM = 2 WeeksTM = Hang tight, sucker.

As far as a "small business like a restaurant could have a micro transaction tab setup without any 21 Bitcoin Computers," just lol. (As long as their customers are using BTC (1 in a million)) * (as long their customers are running 21inc client) = snowball's chance in hell Cheesy

>trolls and agent provocateurs
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:21:17 PM

The Decentralizationing!

Yes they state.........

we will be releasing a free version of the library that allows almost any device (not just a Bitcoin Computer!) to engage in device-to-device micropayments with any other device.

So will this be code open source? Cool
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:25:35 PM

Yes they state.........

we will be releasing a free version of the library that allows almost any device (not just a Bitcoin Computer!) to engage in device-to-device micropayments with any other device.

So will this be code open source? Cool

The code is based upon previous open source payment channels with some improvements. They are releasing the code free to use shortly but haven't clarified under what license. Regardless of what license it is released under any improvements can easily be backported into other open source payment channels that they built upon.  

Here are other solutions that existed before -

https://bitcore.io/api/channel/
https://bitcoinj.github.io/working-with-micropayments
https://github.com/streamium/streamium
https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#micropayment-channel

They just made some slight improvements --

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/45inzs/true_micropayments_with_bitcoin/czyav45

Quote from: BalajiSrinivasan
Our implementation does cover that low-level use case with both a library and a corresponding command line tool.

However, what we are really focused on is a higher-level use case - namely, making micropayments easy.

bargainbin

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:33:03 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 02:01:25 PM by bargainbin

^^
This is a joke, correct? https://21.co/learn/grid-computing-with-bitcoin-micropayments/#view-channel-status-and-the-deposit-transaction

Edit, your own link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/45inzs/true_micropayments_with_bitcoin/czyav45
Bitcore's implementation is great, but it's fairly low level. You need to manually do things like this:

assert(consumer.validateRefund(messageFromProvider));
sendToProvider(consumer.incrementPaymentBy(400 * SATOSHIS));
sendToProvider(consumer.incrementPaymentBy(4 * BITS));

Our implementation does cover that low-level use case with both a library and a corresponding command line tool.

However, what we are really focused on is a higher-level use case - namely, making micropayments easy. You'll have to decide for yourself whether we accomplished that, but here's some sample code that sets up a little payment channels capable server:

import datetime
import flask
from two1.lib.wallet import Wallet
from two1.lib.bitserv.flask import Payment

app = flask.Flask(__name__)
payment = Payment(app, Wallet())

@app.route('/current-time')
@payment.required(50)
def current_time():
    return str(datetime.datetime.now())

if __name__ == "__main__":
    app.run(host="0.0.0.0", port=5000, debug=True)

The payment.required line is the key bit that charges 50 satoshis per request. Assuming that server is running on localhost at port 5000, here's a corresponding client:

from two1.lib.wallet import Wallet
from two1.lib.bitrequests import ChannelRequests

requests = ChannelRequests(Wallet())
response = requests.get("http://localhost:5000/current-time")
print(response.text)

All the payment channel and 402 logic is thus handled in the background and you can just request the URL like a standard HTTP-accessible resource -- so long as your local wallet has a nonzero Bitcoin balance to set up the initial deposit transaction. We do think this allows you to program at a somewhat higher level of abstraction as you'd otherwise have to implement all that logic on top of the low-level stuff. See for example this tutorial where we show how to set up a simple grid computer that rents out read/write access for bitcoin.

Pro tip: "small restaurants" don't typically code their own payment solutions. Margie isn't even entirely comfortable with setting compiler flags.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:49:11 PM

I don't think it is wise to conflate the Great Purge with the forms of ostricizations you are describing and find it very odd that you are reading into my statements intentions that just do not exist. I have explained very clearly what should be done with "shills/trolls/  agent provocateurs" --

My response was meant to clarify my earlier point which you called an "odd attempt to by Fatman3001 to insinuate [you] advocated for technique used by Stalin and his followers".

I see there is still some confusion. The Great Purge was linked as an example. If you don't know the meaning of the word I can provide you a couple of links:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/purge

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Purge

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:56:31 PM

My response was meant to clarify my earlier point which you called an "odd attempt to by Fatman3001 to insinuate [you] advocated for technique used by Stalin and his followers".

I see there is still some confusion. The Great Purge was linked as an example. If you don't know the meaning of the word I can provide you a couple of links:

Now you are back-peddling and suggesting you were using the term Purge in a very generic sense and not referring to that horrible moment in history.  

Sounds like you're planning a good old fashioned purge there. Sure good you're not a collectivist, comrade. Where's Yezhov?

It looks pretty clear to me... You suggest I am planning another "Great Purge" , Link to that horrible moment in history, than reference horrible communists as potential comrades of mine.

Why you would associate that moment in history with modern examples of ostracism on campus universities is odd and hyperbolic as well.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:00:41 PM

Now you are back-peddling and suggesting you were using the term Purge in a very generic sense and not referring to that horrible moment in history. 

Sounds like you're planning a good old fashioned purge there. Sure good you're not a collectivist, comrade. Where's Yezhov?

Ahhh, rats!!! You got me!!!

Bitcoin is a global phenomenon, so I was obviously suggesting that you were trying to implement global stalinism in order to execute large swathes of the global population.

Silly me. Clearly nothing escapes your keen eyes and sharp wits.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:01:19 PM

Coin

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 14715 14716 14717 14718 14719 14720 14721 14722 14723 14724 14725 14726 14727 14728 14729 14730 14731 14732 14733 14734 14735 14736 14737 14738 14739 [14740] 14741 14742 14743 14744 14745 14746 14747 14748 14749 14750 14751 14752 14753 14754 14755 14756 14757 14758 14759 14760 14761 14762 14763 14764 14765 14766 14767 14768 14769 14770 14771 14772 14773 14774 14775 14776 14777 14778 14779 14780 14781 14782 14783 14784 14785 14786 14787 14788 14789 14790 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: