April 27, 2024, 07:11:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23192 23193 23194 23195 23196 23197 23198 23199 23200 23201 23202 23203 23204 23205 23206 23207 23208 23209 23210 23211 23212 23213 23214 23215 23216 23217 23218 23219 23220 23221 23222 23223 23224 23225 23226 23227 23228 23229 23230 23231 23232 23233 23234 23235 23236 23237 23238 23239 23240 23241 [23242] 23243 23244 23245 23246 23247 23248 23249 23250 23251 23252 23253 23254 23255 23256 23257 23258 23259 23260 23261 23262 23263 23264 23265 23266 23267 23268 23269 23270 23271 23272 23273 23274 23275 23276 23277 23278 23279 23280 23281 23282 23283 23284 23285 23286 23287 23288 23289 23290 23291 23292 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368507 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:18:35 AM

Please let STFU Thursday JJG kindly flow into STFU Friday JJG

Just a friendly WO suggestion.

I'm starting to get it now. Guess it took me longer because I barely skimmed so many of his posts due to the oversupply of redundancy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:22:06 AM

The point about a $15 wage demand at McDonalds, leading to workers being replaced with $35k kiosks, was an example of capitalism and the free market responding to stimulus.

I do automation for a living and am all for $35k kiosks. I also understand well the limits of automation and the need for humans to mop up any deviations.  

The minimum wage in Australia is A$22 which is US$15.60. We have full employment here in Australia (5% unemployment rate).  

If your business is so shit you can’t afford to pay a living wage, then you deserve to go out of business. I’m looking at you, Walmart.
Point in case for the farmer and illegal worker conundrum.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:28:27 AM

I don't see the connection to the minimum wage, which is a function of productivity and income?

Historically, there was a connection between productivity and income, but it largely disappeared in the last 45 years or so.
These are the facts:
Productivity change 1973-2017: 77%
Hourly pay during the same period: 12.4%
https://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/

I don't care what causes this, but it can't be sustainable much longer.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:35:27 AM

I believe minimum wage is morally wrong because it makes it illegal for you to sell your labor for under a certain price.

Likely you misspoke, here.  Morally wrong and illegal are two different things.

Likely you misread Lambie... Minimum wages makes ilegal to work being paid less than that... and it is morally wrong to impose such limitation because it ends up in more unemployment and bars from working (and being paid *anything*) people that do not produce/deserve more than that. I do agree... with some reserves though.

I doubt that I misread or misunderstood Lambie...

Minimum wage brings an attempt at a balancing of interests, and sometimes those interests are not very well balanced, but whether something is immoral or illegal tend to be different questions, and sometimes might overlap.. but they are a bit different categories of consideration.
You seem to be misreading or misunderstanding quite a number of post. I've seen you do it with my own posts, with jbreher's posts and now with Lambie's post (even after your display of illiteracy was pointed out to you by bitserve). Perhaps spend more time reading and less time writing?

I don't see the connection to the minimum wage, which is a function of productivity and income?

Historically, there was a connection between productivity and income, but it largely disappeared in the last 45 years or so.
These are the facts:

I don't care what causes this, but it can't be sustainable.
That's a different topic altogether. I don't see the connection between paying 1% on Gemini vs not wanting a minimum wage. One is an insurance, the other is determined based on how much value they add as well as how replaceable the worker is (supply vs demand).

As far as the productivity gap goes. Workers are more productive because of the tools the business owners acquire for their use. As such, the numbers are inaccurate for any worker that does not buy their own tools to use in the business.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10161

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:40:20 AM

Your taxes helped poor people and an overwhelming amount of illegal aliens get basic healthcare!?

FTFY. Would rather have put ACA money into building the wall, to mitigate the arguable open border and flood of illegal immigration we are dealing with.

Also, I draw the line at my tax dollars being used for third trimester abortions, in the name of "basic healthcare".

Yeah right... 

A purported black gay man complaining that other socially marginalized people are getting too many societal protections, including access to basic life choices.

The irony.. the irony.
I was not aware that you were a racist JJG.

Your evidence?  I might have to roll my eyes at you too...

What a goofball!!!!  or would retarded be a better assertion, here?

hahahahaha   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:44:06 AM

Your taxes helped poor people and an overwhelming amount of illegal aliens get basic healthcare!?

FTFY. Would rather have put ACA money into building the wall, to mitigate the arguable open border and flood of illegal immigration we are dealing with.

Also, I draw the line at my tax dollars being used for third trimester abortions, in the name of "basic healthcare".

Yeah right...  

A purported black gay man complaining that other socially marginalized people are getting too many societal protections, including access to basic life choices.

The irony.. the irony.

Your evidence?  I might have to roll my eyes at you too...

What a goofball!!!!  or would retarded be a better assertion, here?

hahahahaha   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
The way in which you spam smileys and repeatedly fail to distill the content of posts made by numerous people as well as the fact that your walls of text are generally the same poor points rephrased several times implies very little hope for you if I was truly to be retarded.

Also, calling third trimester abortions "basic life choices" depicts you as a degenerate of the highest order.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:45:22 AM

I believe minimum wage is morally wrong because it makes it illegal for you to sell your labor for under a certain price.

Likely you misread Lambie... Minimum wages makes ilegal to work being paid less than that... and it is morally wrong to impose such limitation because it ends up in more unemployment and bars from working (and being paid *anything*) people that do not produce/deserve more than that. I do agree... with some reserves though.

Minimum wage brings an attempt at a balancing of interests, and sometimes those interests are not very well balanced, but whether something is immoral or illegal tend to be different questions, and sometimes might overlap.. but they are a bit different categories of consideration.
You seem to be misreading or misunderstanding quite a number of post. I've seen you do it with my own posts, with jbreher's posts and now with Lambie's post (even after your display of illiteracy was pointed out to you by bitserve). Perhaps spend more time reading and less time writing?

These are the facts:

As far as the productivity gap goes. Workers are more productive because of the tools the business owners acquire for their use. As such, the numbers are inaccurate for any worker that does not buy their own tools to use in the business.

This does not explain why in 1950-1973 period two graphs coincided.
A simpler explanation would be that after 1973 economy get "financialized" and a larger slice of production gains (in %) went into the pocket of financiers, CEOs, etc.
Perhaps it is a natural law, but then 1789 is a natural law as well. Do we want a repeat? I hope, not.
Pauperizing workers cannot end in anything even remotely good down the pike.
Can it last another 50 years?
Maybe, but i hope to be out of the workforce, politics, etc one way or another well before that.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:46:06 AM

[edited out]

Aren't you the expert, now.   Says that didn't read my posts, but knows how to sum them up.  Whoaza!!!

I will let my posts speak for themselves..     Shocked
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:47:01 AM

[edited out]

Aren't you the expert, now.   Says that didn't read my posts, but knows how to sum them up.  Whoaza!!!

I read enough of them to know that you think that killing babies is a "basic life choice".
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:52:58 AM

Yeah right...  

The irony.. the irony.

Your evidence?  I might have to roll my eyes at you too...

What a goofball!!!!  or would retarded be a better assertion, here?

hahahahaha   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
The way in which you spam smileys and repeatedly fail to distill the content of posts made by numerous people as well as the fact that your walls of text are generally the same poor points rephrased several times implies very little hope for you if I was truly to be retarded.

Also, calling third trimester abortions "basic life choices" depicts you as a degenerate of the highest order.

look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:54:03 AM

[edited out]

I read enough of them to know that you think that killing babies is a "basic life choice".

Look at you.... trying to goad me into nonsense.

You can't even believe that.   Roll Eyes
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:55:55 AM

The productivity tool is a laptop which costs perhaps $1k.  It is neither here nor there who buys the laptop - it’s only $1k.   It is what you do with the laptop that matters.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:56:54 AM

abort 'em all

conception is murder
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:59:28 AM

These are the facts:

This does not explain why in 1950-1973 period two graphs coincided.
A simpler explanation would be that after 1973 economy get "financialized" and a larger slice of production gains (in %) went into the pocket of financiers, CEOs, etc.
Perhaps it is a natural law, but then 1789 is a natural law as well. Do we want a repeat? I hope, not.
Pauperizing workers cannot end in anything even remotely good down the pike.
Can it last another 50 years?
Maybe, but i hope to be out of the workforce, politics, etc one way or another well before that.
Resources congregating around a select few central points indeed appears to be a natural law of some sort. Just look at the universe (distribution of galaxies, stars within), countries, cities, wealth etc.

I think the solution to the problem is better education and fact bases political and public discourse though. People need to do things that they and others care about.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 05:20:02 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2019, 06:59:09 AM by VB1001
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I am working on something like this, for the monthly statistics of the current year in this format, I will improve the presentation, and historical statistics in an quote format.

Ok?

Why asking for permission?
We are bitcoiners, we should be anarco-crypto-liberists (not liberals).
Just do it, worst thing it can happen, someone will scroll past your post.
I would also add a link to the most merited post  for every month!

If I know, but WO is not a thread of statistics, I think it's more ethical to ask if they like the proposal. I do not want to publish something that does not interest anyone.

The issue of merits will not be in the statistics, it is very controversial and in WO there is talk of BTC, not of merits.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:00:25 AM

The productivity tool is a laptop which costs perhaps $1k.  It is neither here nor there who buys the laptop - it’s only $1k.   It is what you do with the laptop that matters.
I agree that some of the costs aren't going to be relevant, but I don't think that someone doing "grunt work" (repetitive tasks) while using expensive tools is being as productive as those numbers seem to indicate.

I do not know how strong this effect is, but I doubt it's being sufficiently (or at all) considered given that there is literally zero mention of it. Alas, to me this metric seems like either a lack of statistical understanding or political use of statistics.

If there's an oversupply of workers who can use tools that leverage productivity doing the same tasks then naturally they will earn less.

That means that people are learning the wrong things more than anything though.

People have to learn that when there's an oversupply they should look for other avenues where they can leverage their income better. Too much supply lowers your relative productivity substantially, as such I dispute the claim that worker productivity has gone up. Given the sheer amount of low level tasks I'd lean towards assuming that it remained largely constant.

Also, the productivity tool is not just a laptop. Software, data, data processing (cloud computing) in the case of IT jobs are just some factors that the worker has no ownership of and thus can't be accredited with the increase in productivity that these provide.
Olegya199

Activity: 480
Merit: 129

HODL

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:02:43 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1), Paashaas (1)

Good morning WO's! I have a good news!
Changpen Zhao reminded that Craig Wright is not Satoshi, and even delisted Bitcoin SV from the stock exchange.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:12:27 AM

Changpen Zhao reminded that Craig Wright is not Satoshi, and even delisted Bitcoin SV from the stock exchange.

I'm starting to like the guy. Even if one could make an argument that he's trying to get attention.

Did CSW pull some new stunt recently though or what's the deal here?
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7940

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 06:14:46 AM

abort 'em all

conception is murder

Two of my favorite 80s albums. Metallica and The Smiths if I'm not mistaken.

Good find. Glad to see even fewer people are putting up with Craig's insufferable tomfoolery. The man is a cancer on crypto.

https://micky.com.au/binances-cz-threatens-to-delist-bitcoin-sv-over-hodlonaut-threats/
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:32:20 AM

abort 'em all

conception is murder

Two of my favorite 80s albums. Metallica and The Smiths if I'm not mistaken.

Good find. Glad to see even fewer people are putting up with Craig's insufferable tomfoolery. The man is a cancer on crypto.

https://micky.com.au/binances-cz-threatens-to-delist-bitcoin-sv-over-hodlonaut-threats/

Glad I sold my 806 BSV last week.
Pages: « 1 ... 23192 23193 23194 23195 23196 23197 23198 23199 23200 23201 23202 23203 23204 23205 23206 23207 23208 23209 23210 23211 23212 23213 23214 23215 23216 23217 23218 23219 23220 23221 23222 23223 23224 23225 23226 23227 23228 23229 23230 23231 23232 23233 23234 23235 23236 23237 23238 23239 23240 23241 [23242] 23243 23244 23245 23246 23247 23248 23249 23250 23251 23252 23253 23254 23255 23256 23257 23258 23259 23260 23261 23262 23263 23264 23265 23266 23267 23268 23269 23270 23271 23272 23273 23274 23275 23276 23277 23278 23279 23280 23281 23282 23283 23284 23285 23286 23287 23288 23289 23290 23291 23292 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: