April 24, 2024, 11:05:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 17127 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 17139 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 17161 [17162] 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 17178 17179 17180 17181 17182 17183 17184 17185 17186 17187 17188 17189 17190 17191 17192 17193 17194 17195 17196 17197 17198 17199 17200 17201 17202 17203 17204 17205 17206 17207 17208 17209 17210 17211 17212 ... 33299 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367451 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:43:24 PM

^^ Please don't do that in here.

removed

I was just about to send over 50btc. Oh well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ludwig Von

Activity: 854
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:50:25 PM

How to get a living?
Share your BTC address

Humm, I think I see a gigantic business opportunity in tattoos for a certain occupation... .  Grin
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:33:20 PM

How to get a living?
Share your BTC address

Humm, I think I see a gigantic business opportunity in tattoos for a certain occupation... .  Grin

You're about 4 years late with that thought, it's already been done. I won't link it, just google image search "girl bitcoin tattoo" and you'll see the image. Although most believe it's photoshopped.

Anyhoo, looks like more sideways -ish action for now. Probably nothing to see for another 9 days. The whole crypto market seems to take a simultaneous dump every 9-10 days since the first started, so...
Ludwig Von

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:41:37 PM

How to get a living?
Share your BTC address

Humm, I think I see a gigantic business opportunity in tattoos for a certain occupation... .  Grin

You're about 4 years late with that thought, it's already been done. I won't link it, just google image search "girl bitcoin tattoo" and you'll see the image. Although most believe it's photoshopped.

I am definitely late on this one, indeed. And that for someone who is known for always being  far ahead... . Grin In my own domain only for sure... .  Grin

And that sideway thing, looking at it for a few weeks now, I would call it "Drunkways" it goes up, down but as it continues it 's more and more down.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10147

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:08:15 PM

Since this is the speculation thread, do you guys think we will get to 2600 again before august? Lost and made some money, still need a bit more to break even again.

Bro, I'll heartedly advice you not to play in such a volatile market as crypto is. Unless you're a full skilled trader from stock markets. BTC is king and will win the final battle against fiat. Soon things will be like that:

You are completely right, I'm definitely not a skilled trader yet, just been lurking for some time

I am just playing with around 2k, and I only buy in trends + when I see clear candle patterns and with the info from this website and telegram. So most of the time I only make "safe" (I know it is almost never safe") trades. But then I discovered leverage trades, made some good money, adrenaline was pumping, got overconfident (also the drinks did not help) went long just as it was turning (Still have no idea where my logic went).

I am aspiring to become a full skilled stock trader, BTC just happened to come on my path and with little money you could still easily make a couple of 100 bucks. Also the idea of using it as long term savings account looked great since in Holland I get less then 1% growth in a year... Also since the laws for bitcoins are still in a grey area you can do a lot of fun things with it (currently writing a coin buying and investing website with ideal support for a select amount of people). The API's in general are funt to work with as a programmer so it gives me some incentive to work.

As soon as I get that website up and running and have some more funds I'll start opening up a proper broker account and reading into where to start there... This is getting a bit off topic but any suggestions on where I can start even with a low amount off funds. Probably best not to post it here.

TLDR;
Lost all my earnings and a chunk of my 2k due too leverage and intoxicated, slowly getting it back. Also do want to get into  normal

better to buy as the price goes down and sell as the price goes up, but don't buy or sell too much in order that you do not run out of either bitcoins (on the way up) or fiat (on the way down).

So in that regard, if you only have bitcoins because you used all your fiat to buy at a price that is higher than the current price, then you just have to wait it out for however much time it takes to return to you purchase price level, even if it takes a year or two.  

In the meantime, if BTC prices continue to go down, which surely is possible, just continue to buy $10 per week (or whatever reasonable amount is in your budget), and sooner or later, you continue to bring down your average cost per BTC and you will be back in the the game and be able to sell some of your bitcoins either below $2600 or above $2600 (but as long as you are selling as the price goes up and buying as the price goes down, you should be good), and whenever BTC returns to that $2600 level (whether this week or a few years from now), you will be fully back... and hopefully learned some lessons along the way...hahahahaha   Cheesy

Sounds like a clever plan. But i just buy and sell. And have 1 (1.03) Bitcoin more today, compaired to yesterday. Does that suffice ?
Let me brag a bit, my life is otherwise pretty boring . . . Smiley

Nope, it does not suffice if you happen to randomly buy and sell and you don't know what the fuck you are doing - even if you happen to be UP some certain quantity (that you claim to be 1.03BTC) in one day.. So fucking what?  You are not describing any kind of strategy besides possibly that you threw a dart at a board and you happen to hit 3x.. blah blah blah.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:16:46 PM

Since this is the speculation thread, do you guys think we will get to 2600 again before august? Lost and made some money, still need a bit more to break even again.

Bro, I'll heartedly advice you not to play in such a volatile market as crypto is. Unless you're a full skilled trader from stock markets. BTC is king and will win the final battle against fiat. Soon things will be like that:

You are completely right, I'm definitely not a skilled trader yet, just been lurking for some time

I am just playing with around 2k, and I only buy in trends + when I see clear candle patterns and with the info from this website and telegram. So most of the time I only make "safe" (I know it is almost never safe") trades. But then I discovered leverage trades, made some good money, adrenaline was pumping, got overconfident (also the drinks did not help) went long just as it was turning (Still have no idea where my logic went).

I am aspiring to become a full skilled stock trader, BTC just happened to come on my path and with little money you could still easily make a couple of 100 bucks. Also the idea of using it as long term savings account looked great since in Holland I get less then 1% growth in a year... Also since the laws for bitcoins are still in a grey area you can do a lot of fun things with it (currently writing a coin buying and investing website with ideal support for a select amount of people). The API's in general are funt to work with as a programmer so it gives me some incentive to work.

As soon as I get that website up and running and have some more funds I'll start opening up a proper broker account and reading into where to start there... This is getting a bit off topic but any suggestions on where I can start even with a low amount off funds. Probably best not to post it here.

TLDR;
Lost all my earnings and a chunk of my 2k due too leverage and intoxicated, slowly getting it back. Also do want to get into  normal

better to buy as the price goes down and sell as the price goes up, but don't buy or sell too much in order that you do not run out of either bitcoins (on the way up) or fiat (on the way down).

So in that regard, if you only have bitcoins because you used all your fiat to buy at a price that is higher than the current price, then you just have to wait it out for however much time it takes to return to you purchase price level, even if it takes a year or two.  

In the meantime, if BTC prices continue to go down, which surely is possible, just continue to buy $10 per week (or whatever reasonable amount is in your budget), and sooner or later, you continue to bring down your average cost per BTC and you will be back in the the game and be able to sell some of your bitcoins either below $2600 or above $2600 (but as long as you are selling as the price goes up and buying as the price goes down, you should be good), and whenever BTC returns to that $2600 level (whether this week or a few years from now), you will be fully back... and hopefully learned some lessons along the way...hahahahaha   Cheesy

^ This!
Ludwig Von

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:21:45 PM

TLDR;

^ This!

Lol, yeah also my tactics. But I am running into a strategic flaw now : not enough fiat to keep buying the dips... .  Cheesy
deepcolderwallet

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:53:03 PM

How to get a living?
Share your BTC address

Anyhoo, looks like more sideways -ish action for now. Probably nothing to see for another 9 days. The whole crypto market seems to take a simultaneous dump every 9-10 days since the first started, so...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=790532
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:55:10 PM

^ This!

Lol, yeah also my tactics. But I am running into a strategic flaw now : not enough fiat to keep buying the dips... .  Cheesy

The highest possible level of our current correction from $2980 down to $2130 - is less than 30%...

However, if you have been in the game for 6 months, then you have had a run up from $890 to $2980.

Of course, if you just got in, then you may have had some troubles accumulating in the sub$1k price arena.

I attempt to carefully monitor my fiat levels - and I understand what you mean to be running out of fiat, yet I think that we still should be prepared for less likely scenarios - and even returning to sub $1k prices is not out of the realm of possibilities.  I will admit that I will likely start to have to scramble a bit at $1500 and surely the level of scrambling would be higher if we go sub $1k.

By no means am I a bear, and I have been accumulating more and more bitcoin in preparation for up - but I still think that it remains prudent to accumulate enough fiat (and maintain enough fiat) for a certain level of outrageous and irrational down.

Surely, a lot of us might be mentally kicking ourselves if prices were to go down to sub $1k - yet even though I feel some of that kind of remorse, I still stick to my practice of largely buying on the way down and selling on the way up.. and the only times I make an exception to that practice is when I have a real high level of certainty (like 80% or 90%) of price direction of at least a 10% change.. which certainty seems to be as rare for me as naturally occurring snowballs in the tropics.
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:36:41 AM

^ This!

Lol, yeah also my tactics. But I am running into a strategic flaw now : not enough fiat to keep buying the dips... .  Cheesy

The highest possible level of our current correction from $2980 down to $2130 - is less than 30%...

However, if you have been in the game for 6 months, then you have had a run up from $890 to $2980.

Of course, if you just got in, then you may have had some troubles accumulating in the sub$1k price arena.

I attempt to carefully monitor my fiat levels - and I understand what you mean to be running out of fiat, yet I think that we still should be prepared for less likely scenarios - and even returning to sub $1k prices is not out of the realm of possibilities.  I will admit that I will likely start to have to scramble a bit at $1500 and surely the level of scrambling would be higher if we go sub $1k.

By no means am I a bear, and I have been accumulating more and more bitcoin in preparation for up - but I still think that it remains prudent to accumulate enough fiat (and maintain enough fiat) for a certain level of outrageous and irrational down.

Surely, a lot of us might be mentally kicking ourselves if prices were to go down to sub $1k - yet even though I feel some of that kind of remorse, I still stick to my practice of largely buying on the way down and selling on the way up.. and the only times I make an exception to that practice is when I have a real high level of certainty (like 80% or 90%) of price direction of at least a 10% change.. which certainty seems to be as rare for me as naturally occurring snowballs in the tropics.

But sometimes they do happen, am i right, or am i right ?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:49:01 AM

^ This!

Have you heard of the Martingale betting system? 

Yes, it can work for quite a long time, but the odds are against you in the long run.

Yes, you can employ gambling techniques and you can have a good time with those techniques - but when you come here and you are bragging that you made some money, you come off as a corporate banking shill or a troll because you are engaged in the promotion of irresponsible behavior....

Sure, on a personal level there are guys that like gambling and like to take bets on games of luck.

I am not talking about employing systems of luck and bet taking, but attempting a strategy that is more likely to pay off as long as 1) in the long run the asset goes up in value and 2) you employ a form of incrementalism in your buying and selling (rather than making big bets).

There can be different variations on how much you play with.. Currently, with bitcoin, I am selling approximately 1% of my BTC holdings for every 10% BTC prices go up, and then I strategically attempt to buy back in similar amounts - of course, if BTC prices do not return back down, then I just have that money that I cashed out, and I can remove it from my investment and spend it, or I can just save it in order to strategically reinvest when prices drop substantially - which seems to happen periodically.
deepcolderwallet

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:50:48 AM

^ This!

Actually Ecuador (the country) is sited so high in the Andes that even being under the Equatorial line it is likely to have snowfalls any time of the year.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:01:21 AM

Guys, no need to quote meters of text from the previous posts if replying with one sentence. Keep the thread lean and mean please  Kiss
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:05:27 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 04:45:38 AM by JayJuanGee

^ This!

Actually Ecuador (the country) is sited so high in the Andes that even being under the Equatorial line it is likely to have snowfalls any time of the year.

Well, fuck me, then.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Are Andes in Ecuador considered tropical snowfalls? which would lead to tropical snowballs?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:07:45 AM

Guys, no need to quote meters of text from the previous posts if replying with one sentence. Keep the thread lean and mean please  Kiss

Looks like Meuh768797 is rubbing off on folks, no?  (I threw in two more 7s for goodluck)
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:23:35 AM

^ This!

Didn´t know that. Thank you.

nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 04:50:18 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 05:14:00 AM by nanobtc

Guys, no need to quote meters of text from the previous posts if replying with one sentence. Keep the thread lean and mean please  Kiss

Agreed. dozens of lines of quotes for a few words of reply? Life is too short. Edit your stuff.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:57:47 AM

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 06:04:52 AM

Some people think that this thread is called "Wall Observer" because we watch walls on the charts.

The reality is that we watch walls of text.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:50:58 AM

you watch what you post Tongue shit in - shit out

BTC is starting to look heavy on daily chart, it doesn't look too well for bulls.
In forex I would switch to 'sell rallies mode' ; but this is different beast than fiat forex.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 17112 17113 17114 17115 17116 17117 17118 17119 17120 17121 17122 17123 17124 17125 17126 17127 17128 17129 17130 17131 17132 17133 17134 17135 17136 17137 17138 17139 17140 17141 17142 17143 17144 17145 17146 17147 17148 17149 17150 17151 17152 17153 17154 17155 17156 17157 17158 17159 17160 17161 [17162] 17163 17164 17165 17166 17167 17168 17169 17170 17171 17172 17173 17174 17175 17176 17177 17178 17179 17180 17181 17182 17183 17184 17185 17186 17187 17188 17189 17190 17191 17192 17193 17194 17195 17196 17197 17198 17199 17200 17201 17202 17203 17204 17205 17206 17207 17208 17209 17210 17211 17212 ... 33299 »
  Print  

Jump to: