May 04, 2024, 08:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20877 20878 20879 20880 20881 20882 20883 20884 20885 20886 20887 20888 20889 20890 20891 20892 20893 20894 20895 20896 20897 20898 20899 20900 20901 20902 20903 20904 20905 20906 20907 20908 20909 20910 20911 20912 20913 20914 20915 20916 20917 20918 20919 20920 20921 20922 20923 20924 20925 20926 [20927] 20928 20929 20930 20931 20932 20933 20934 20935 20936 20937 20938 20939 20940 20941 20942 20943 20944 20945 20946 20947 20948 20949 20950 20951 20952 20953 20954 20955 20956 20957 20958 20959 20960 20961 20962 20963 20964 20965 20966 20967 20968 20969 20970 20971 20972 20973 20974 20975 20976 20977 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371834 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:04:15 AM

This thread isn't even worth lurking in anymore.  Have a nice life people, enjoy the conspiracy theories and Jew scapegoating.
last active today though

MAN the fast you get all this things its just crazy  Grin

Must be a bot... for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:15:19 AM

Dank, is that you?

oh...my...god
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:27:49 AM

On a positive note, WEX finally allowed me to withdraw my NMC. Well, about 2/3rds of my coins. The rest are in their own NMC token. The token is supposed to be bought back within 2 years of issue. So I get to decide to lose 2k NMC now and get 6k out. Or take a chance and wait until next year to see if they're still viable.

Actually, NMC token is going to be the hottest new thing. Anyone want to buy some? Get in now before they're all gone! Limited supply! Major returns.

At this point, it is difficult to know if WEX is going to be good for its word to reimburse 100% of all outstanding tokens in less than 2 years.  It has already been one year, and they seem to be gasping just to survive with the ongoing freezing of withdrawals, the crazy ass prices and even the tether being traded at near $4 when its actual market value is around $1... Kind of makes for some loss of confidence, that's for sure.
asiwajuadejumo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:28:47 AM

#proof authentification
Bitcointalk username: asiwajuadejumo
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2152154   
Telegram: @adejumokolawole
ETH Address: 0xA8Bc56De2204df45437A85CfD151A7053dBbD223

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1684

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 04:32:37 AM

We will be over the hourly ichimoku cloud at this point and at 8.5k It will officially be a bull run again. Come out of your dark caves the nightmare is almost over!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:34:42 AM

While you peasants were busy being peasants, I made 14% today on ADT Cheesy Kiss

Good for you.  How much did you lose on your other bags?  Actually, don't answer that.

Edit:  Glad you are enjoying your ADT

Thank you!

I lost a lot actually. But I think we can all agree the speculation game is why we are here and its damn fun.

Fair enough that there is "speculation" involved, but there is a difference between gambling and investing and you seem to be very inclined towards the gambling side.

You can make a lot of money in bitcoin as long as you develop investment (rather than gambling) strategies that are likely to pay off quite well in the longer run 5 years plus (and maybe even less than that). 
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1684

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 04:41:27 AM

Fair enough that there is "speculation" involved, but there is a difference between gambling and investing and you seem to be very inclined towards the gambling side.

You can make a lot of money in bitcoin as long as you develop investment (rather than gambling) strategies that are likely to pay off quite well in the longer run 5 years plus (and maybe even less than that).  

No no, it was gambling at the start. That was a couple of years ago. After that I started learning about the indicators, self taught how to read candle charts and so on. And yeah I lost money like an idiot and that was not fun because it was gambling. But now I enjoy making money because its speculation. I prefer to keep an eye on RSI( Outdated I know- but if used correctly, still a good indicator)

My favorite tool is stochastics combined with bollinger bands. Basically I wait for the outbreak while securing a stop loss limit. And once the outbreak is in, I keep a close eye on MACD and MFI as to the perfect selling point. Works like a charm most of the time. If you have any strategies to share I would appreciate it!
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2780
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:41:38 AM

Even more disappointed re: the drop in BCH value. Though I've been buying, so I have more net BCH.

How do you feel about Bitmain holding Satoshi-plus sized bags?

I'll admit, I am conflicted.

I worry about one entity holding that much value.

OTOH, it reassures me that Bitmain has such a large commitment.

I know the local narrative is that Bitmain shit the bed on this. I can see several ways, however, that this works out well for my position - in working out well for Bitmain. Time will tell.

Roll Eyes

I know wouldn't it be 2x better if they held twice as much!? And 10x better if... That's how these things work right? A shame that they're running (ran?) out of BTC to sell in order to continue propping it up.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:42:46 AM

No no, it was gambling at the start. That was a couple of years ago. After that I started learning about the indicators, self taught how to read candle charts and so on. And yeah I lost money like an idiot and that was not fun because it was gambling. But now I enjoy making money because its speculation. I prefer to keep an eye on RSI( Outdated I know- but if used correctly, still a good indicator)

My favorite tool is stochastics combined with bollinger bands. Basically I wait for the outbreak while securing a stop loss limit. And once the outbreak is in, I keep a close eye on MACD and MFI. Works like a charm most of the time. If you have any strategies to share I would appreciate it!

HODL, next question.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:47:01 AM

Anyone factor in what happens when btrash goes bust?
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:06:40 AM

It's a chance to corner BITCOIN market, i'm sure it won't be hard to find some companies to throw few millions/yr at it to keep it at 1-5% of BTC. Kinda like playing lottery on a corporate scale, chances are practically non existent but payoff is h'UUGE!
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:12:19 AM

It's a chance to corner BITCOIN market, i'm sure it won't be hard to find some companies to throw few millions/yr at it to keep it at 1-5% of BTC. Kinda like playing lottery on a corporate scale, chances are practically non existent but payoff is h'UUGE!

Yes but i believe Roger will fall before it happens, how quick he would have to gain more favours is lessening each day

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:12:34 AM

$6000 seems to be holding a little too falsely to me. Got to be manipulation holding us arund this range, no?
The price fell all too easily from $8500 to $5800 but recovered to above $6000 (just about) but we’re holding here by literally $5 - $100, why?

My conspiracy driven mind tells me we’re being played by whales who are still accumulating at these prices before we begin the next bull run.

It just seems so artificial clinging onto $6000 for dear life & not showing any sogns of crashing significantly below it or pulling away & going up.

Bigger forces at play here, this is not just ‘the market’.

your implication that we cannot really know what is going on behind the scenes with any kind of certainty is not without precedent.

Of course, if whales could push the BTC price down more without giving up their own coins, then they are likely to attempt such.

Even though the time frames in 2015 were different, but we spent a considerable amount of the whole year of 2015 in the $200s and there were continued attempts to bring the BTC price down, but at a certain point, they ran out of sellers.

Yeah, we keep revisiting $6k, and none of us know for sure if $6k is going to hold - but we have been here quite a bit, and we continue to return to around this price range.  At some point, there are likely to be more buyers than sellers in this price range and at prices much higher than this, but I still think that it could take awhile to break above $10k and to stay there.  Would be nice if we could get into the $10k striking range in the coming months, but seems to me that the odds are not really better than 50/50 in that regard, perhaps even in the 40% arena?  Surely, I like surprises, especially upwards, but we should continue to prepare ourselves mentally and financially in case it takes longer than expected to get back above $10k.

agree. 2 questions however

1) the revisiting 6k ... is this simply 'manipulation' at this point in time, due to the fact a LOT and I mean a LOT of ASIC miners, btc

and others are folding. Some good-sized data halls as well. Thus forced in the situation of 1) paying off loans/debts etc with btc/crypto

to the bank or whatever to cut down on monthly expenses (not to mention people, pulling out rigs) thus, once their house is in order

(painful though it may be) hope to MINE LIKE HELL and HODL BTC (or whatever crypto) and replenish HOARD at the other side. It is

a half-assed way to do this, but if you have big monthly expenses, cashing coin out now to minimize that and mine at the back end,

from folk I know, seems to be what is going on. ie get the bank off my back, by selling crypto, have the bldg etc as a hedge, if all crypto

goes tulips, and then with less

expenses outside electric, etc and mine and HODL to get it back, after this August has passed. An everyone cashing out because, they

got caught with their pants down, kinda situation...don't ya know. Smiley

So my point is, is this a 'short-term' adjustment by miners to a 'new reality' and thus the glut of BTC/crypto sales and getting their house in

order? (hell, I don't know, tossing it out there for better minds than mine to ponder)

Of course, there can be manipulation on all kinds of levels, and surely BIGGER miners or more long term prepared miners might engage in behaviors in order to attempt to push out the competition, including driving the price down lower and for longer.  In the end, it is only one of the factors, and some miners are going to be able to ride out the dip for longer and for lower than others, but in the end, the hash rate keeps going up with increases in difficulty.  No miners are giving up on bitcoin, but you are correct that some of them might not have positioned themselves as well as others in terms of the amount of capital that they have to float in order to keep their operations going and sometimes maybe having to cash out some bitcoins at times that are ones that they have not chosen.

Regarding bitmain specifically, we certainly do not know their internals, and there have been some folks who have been going through their possible IPO disclosures with a fine tooth comb and even trying to figure out whether or not they are going to be able to fool enough people into giving them money (if an IPO does take place). 

It is not exactly easy to make assessments about who are the miners and what are their financial situations or their ability to ride out this particular down wave; however, if a company such as Bitmain goes public then it seems that more of their assets would become publicly knowable - good strategy or not?  who knows? could play out in a variety of ways with the entrance of new competition too, and perhaps Bitmain may end up playing their cards wrongly which would allow some other entrants, too.

2) what exactly do you have to have for electric and such to make any money with BTC or LTC mining at these current prices?

Like what? Something silly like 5c electric for your BTC or other crypto ASIC rigs? Hell if I know if bitmain is making money or losing money

right now. I guess it depends on what the 'big, I mean really, big boys pay for electric". I've no clue.

There are probably other ways to make efficiencies besides electricity costs, and also a question of being sufficiently capitalized (and even liquid) to be able to ride out possible short term losses.  Mining remains just one component that affects price and the games that are played (and manipulations as you mentioned) that might be in the wheel house of some of the players who are either BIGGER or who have positioned themselves well for riding out the wave.

To sum up, is the boat on pow mining of any type, just awash and can be bailed out ..or is the pow mining (BTC specifically) sinking?

If you believe that bitcoin incentives, including POW is broken, then you are likely looking at the wrong factors.  Each of the miners decide for themselves what they want to do, and even whether to go on their own or to join a pool.

Recall a lot of the misinformation that was spewed out there in 2016 regarding the halvening and the suggestions that BTC mining was going to die down.   That did not happen, and there was a bit of a delayed affect, but what happened was the most obvious, BTC prices went up and miners continued to mine on bitcoin.

Or hell, is what I'm saying has nothing to do with the price or any other issue with BTC or crypto at this time?

You now that these are all factors, and there are many factors that push price, and it is not just about mining - even though that remains one of the factors.

Just a further aside, if any combo of the above is true, would that not mean, this too shall pass? (overproduction vs price) and with

85% of all BTC already mined, there simply will have to be a rebound (eventually)? (or am I delusional?)

I think that we cannot be attempting to place too much emphasis on one thing or another and trying to figure out the matter.  The incentives in bitcoin remain quite well designed to inspire mining and profits from rewards and/or fees, and the fact that the hash rate and difficulty continues to go up, even while the price corrects goes to show that miners are still expending resources to mine bitcoin and they are figuring out their own profits (even if they end up betting wrong and losing in the long run, we still get the benefit of their expending resources to mine bitcoin in the short run).

as usual, I think you see what I'm pondering here..but really have no idea of how widespread big miners are and if/or not they are

in trouble like the rest of us ....or simply reaping the rewards as pow miners of any flavor are pulled and now doorstops at the lower

end and higher electric price levels (middle and small fry data halls may be toast as I speak)

Each person, including miners, ponders his own market conditions and figures out a strategy that he believes will be profitable that in the case of miners would involve both speculation on BTC price but also figuring out ways to attempt to make his business most efficient and to be able to ride out the down wave.  I really don't think that it is fruitful to attempt to figure out the factors that are being weighed by others in order to recognize certain indicators about what we need to figure out for ourselves.

By the way, miners could go out of business because they took on too much risk and they miscalculated or they could go out of business because they have their own internal problems, such as manpower or business management issues, and those factors are going to vary from miner to miner and from pool to pool, including getting their hands on cycling good and powerful equipment and electricity costs, but they have a lot of ways to play their bets on mining and accumulating BTC and they may end up betting wrong and even some factors outside of their expectations happen with their operations and their ability to float the business through the down wave.

thanks, as usual, I'm hoping the price is due to the above considerations, short-term and simple low volume and such being August and all.

and again, nothing I've said above has any basis on the current situation this August or price of BTC or crypto and I've missed the mark

entirely. (but then again, delusion may be my middle name, these days, got to have a reason made up or not!) Smiley

anyway, above is where the rabbit trail of my mind is going

brad

Yeah, but if there is momentum, then it can take a while to reverse the momentum.  Sure, we might continue considering that BTC has visited $6k for the last time, and we are returning up, but as long as the price remains in striking distance of $6k, there are going to be some bear whales who want to attempt to push the price down, and some real people (regular investors) might also wait on the sidelines because they are afraid to get in when they are not certain about whether the "bottom is really in this time". 

There remain some informational aspects whether miners or even the knowledge of whales regarding how many coins they can sell that are out of touch for some of us regular peeps to know, so we just have to do our best to attempt to figure out whether we might need to change our strategy from what we had been doing (considering our own liquidity situation, too). 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:21:39 AM

Gambling versus investing is on a continuum, so of course, the more you learn, the more you can improve your strategies and even move more towards investing and away from gambling.

So even if you have better gambling tools, both your mindset and your approach can still be more inclined towards gambling rather than investing.

Furthermore, your use of the term "speculation" and attempting to lump everyone in the same category tends to show that you might not understand some of the nuances within the various approaches that are possible within bitcoin (long term and short term).

In the end, the most that matters is that you customize your approach to your own situation, and surely it would be better to make money along the way, but sometimes it takes a bit of learning to make money in both the long term and in the short term (or perhaps sometimes be willing to take some losses in order to make longer term profits).  

My favorite tool is stochastics combined with bollinger bands. Basically I wait for the outbreak while securing a stop loss limit. And once the outbreak is in, I keep a close eye on MACD and MFI as to the perfect selling point. Works like a charm most of the time. If you have any strategies to share I would appreciate it!

My strategy does not generally involve attempting to predict the direction of BTC prices.  So, if the price goes up, I sell and if the price goes down I buy, and I don't generally attempt to predict or to change my strategy (except perhaps just a little bit of tweaking here and there) based on what I believe the price might do.

My favorite tool is stochastics combined with bollinger bands. Basically I wait for the outbreak while securing a stop loss limit. And once the outbreak is in, I keep a close eye on MACD and MFI. Works like a charm most of the time. If you have any strategies to share I would appreciate it!

HODL, next question.

Yes.. HODL works well too, and dollar cost average accumulating of BTC too, and buying on the dips works, too.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:29:44 AM

thanks JJ exactly what we needed a wall of text and discussion on topic to hide the truth

That must mean that I am feeling better.

I had like a 24 hour stomache flu, and I was not really feeling like doing anything, including reading WO posts.

Has anyone ever caught a short term stomache flu from Calamari? 

I am thinking that it was the calamari, because I had a similar thing with calamari about 15 years ago.. .. at least this time was a bit less extreme, but I just felt down for about 24 hours.  I'm feeling better now.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:30:29 AM

Scott Nations of CNBC teaches us how to short.  

As I write this the price is $6312.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:31:31 AM

Come on JJ how is that AI working, too difficult to respond

you been activated

btrash in the can, any advice

We already talk about bcash too much in this thread, including your stupid-ass repetitive bot posts.

The reason that you are having difficulty understanding or responding to complexity is because AI has not come along well enough for your to camouflage your bot-ness.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:36:31 AM

Just woke up and WOW what a brutal pump  Roll Eyes  Shocked  Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:43:08 AM

Just woke up and WOW what a brutal pump  Roll Eyes  Shocked  Roll Eyes

little by little wins the day, as some famous WO thread canadian might say.   Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:44:53 AM

The absolute state of this thread.

Yes.. you are so amazing.

Thanks for sharing.  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 20877 20878 20879 20880 20881 20882 20883 20884 20885 20886 20887 20888 20889 20890 20891 20892 20893 20894 20895 20896 20897 20898 20899 20900 20901 20902 20903 20904 20905 20906 20907 20908 20909 20910 20911 20912 20913 20914 20915 20916 20917 20918 20919 20920 20921 20922 20923 20924 20925 20926 [20927] 20928 20929 20930 20931 20932 20933 20934 20935 20936 20937 20938 20939 20940 20941 20942 20943 20944 20945 20946 20947 20948 20949 20950 20951 20952 20953 20954 20955 20956 20957 20958 20959 20960 20961 20962 20963 20964 20965 20966 20967 20968 20969 20970 20971 20972 20973 20974 20975 20976 20977 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: