April 24, 2024, 06:18:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22630 22631 22632 22633 22634 22635 22636 22637 22638 22639 22640 22641 22642 22643 22644 22645 22646 22647 22648 22649 22650 22651 22652 22653 22654 22655 22656 22657 22658 22659 22660 22661 22662 22663 22664 22665 22666 22667 22668 22669 22670 22671 22672 22673 22674 22675 22676 22677 22678 22679 [22680] 22681 22682 22683 22684 22685 22686 22687 22688 22689 22690 22691 22692 22693 22694 22695 22696 22697 22698 22699 22700 22701 22702 22703 22704 22705 22706 22707 22708 22709 22710 22711 22712 22713 22714 22715 22716 22717 22718 22719 22720 22721 22722 22723 22724 22725 22726 22727 22728 22729 22730 ... 33299 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:01:03 AM

Well BTC finally approaching the price of my 13 BTC panic dumping like a 9-year-old girl (insert screaming and such here) a month or two back?

I 'panic' dumped/sold at $3,965 usd.

Now it is at $3,934.06 for BTC at this moment.

Well, sold some equipment so got it down now to only about 9 BTC down from the 13 BTC down since the 'episode'

20/20 hindsight was still the right thing to do. Hard to type that even if true for real-world reasons.

By mentioning that it is NOT quite there yet, my BTC sold at $3,965 price... I likely jinxed it. My Bad, in advance.

Anyone else get some of their BTC back in the 'doldrums' of BTC prices below 4k? that sold below 4k? But recovered some back on wish/prayer?

Anyway, 9 BTC down (or 4 back at less than my above sale 13 BTC panic sale) is better than I expected during my 'loss of faith" on the 13 BTC dump.

knock wood

later

brad
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:03:26 AM

Well BTC finally approaching the price of my 13 BTC panic dumping like a 9-year-old girl (insert screaming and such here) a month or two back?

I 'panic' dumped/sold at $3,965 usd.

Now it is at $3,934.06 for BTC at this moment.

Well, sold some equipment so got it down now to only about 9 BTC down from the 13 BTC down since the 'episode'

20/20 hindsight was still the right thing to do. Hard to type that even if true for real-world reasons.

By mentioning that it is NOT quite there yet, my BTC sold at $3,965 price... I likely jinxed it. My Bad, in advance.

Anyone else get some of their BTC back in the 'doldrums' of BTC prices below 4k? that sold below 4k? But recovered some back on wish/prayer?

Anyway, 9 BTC down (or 4 back at less than my above sale 13 BTC panic sale) is better than I expected during my 'loss of faith" on the 13 BTC dump.

knock wood

later

brad

Considering your stash and your needs at the time. You did the right thing no matter what. Don't overthink it.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10147

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:04:34 AM

The fact that we are hovering near $4000 while many people are still waiting to buy at $3000-$3300, $2800, $2500, $2000 and even lower is... Fine.

Of course it doesn't mean we can't have another lower bottom.

Just saying... but I don't know what I say. Mind you.

I am witnessing slow and in-progress un-capitulating... whoaza!!!!!!....   Shocked Shocked
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:06:07 AM

The fact that we are hovering near $4000 while many people are still waiting to buy at $3000-$3300, $2800, $2500, $2000 and even lower is... Fine.

I am witnessing slow and in-progress un-capitulating... whoaza!!!!!!....   Shocked Shocked

No, didn't you read we can have a lower bottom?

I will remain capitulated until further notice.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:08:53 AM

I know. I know.

Rome was not built in a day, just like "uncapitulating" is not going to.   Wink 

Welcome back to the beginning of the end of your capitulation.  Tongue
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:11:12 AM

I know. I know.

Rome was not built in a day, just like "uncapitulating" is not going to.   Wink  

Welcome back to the beginning of the end of your capitulation.  Tongue

When I start sending new deposits like a mad monkey, that will be the signal of my end of capitulation.

P.S.: Yes, I won't catch the bottom. I never do.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:11:38 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1), BobLawblaw (1)

cannot quote ^^^it properly.
It's not mining elitism, it is how it works since Satoshi made it public.
If you think that owning btc makes you or anyone else a contributor, no it does not (in a POW system), but it does in a POS system where you mine using your stake.
IN POW system miners and node-owners control the system.
Simply owning btc is OK, but you are effectively cut off out of all decision making that might affect your btc.
This is just a statement of fact, nothing personal.

You are taking a technology centric view and ignoring economic soft power.  UASF proved the strength of economic hodlers.  Don't get fooled by Bcash propaganda that miners vote.  They can just fork off and take their hashpower elsewhere and good luck to them.

UASF proved the power of users with nodes, NOT the hodlers. Hodlers were totally out of the loop and were not in the decision making.
In fact, economic powers such as coinbase and barry silbert's fund were not able to do anything because nodes said (indirectly) that they will go with the core and it was not economical for miners to go and do a split.
They would have been losing many millions a day. It is a bit funny that you are indirectly arguing for POS (power to hodlers) while saying that POW is better. No paradox here?

"UASF stands for User Activated Soft Fork.
It’s a mechanism where the activation time of a soft fork occurs on a specified date enforced by full nodes; a concept sometimes referred to as the economic majority."
https://cointelegraph.com/explained/uasf-vs-uahf-explained

"The network is robust in its unstructured simplicity. Nodes work all at once with little coordination. They do not need to be identified, since messages are not routed to any particular place and only need to be delivered on a best effort basis. Nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone. They vote with their CPU power, expressing their acceptance of valid blocks by working on extending them and rejecting invalid blocks by refusing to work on them. Any needed rules and incentives can be enforced with this consensus mechanism." by Satoshi N.

Cutting through all of it, the miners will follow the money, because they have to follow the money.  They have to pay electricity expenses (which is in sharp contrast to POS where stakers pay nothing - hence the nothing at stake problem even if Vitalik thinks it doesn't apply - he's wrong)

I concede that if you have a large financial stake in Bitcoin and are not running a full node, then you are a fool.  

But in this case, economic soft power and nodes are aligned.  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:13:22 AM

I know. I know.

When I start sending new deposits like a mad monkey, that will be the signal of my end of capitulation.

Fair enough...

Just like any good inside trader, you should not disclose to us about the exact end of your capitulation until you have well-established your BTC stash.   Wink  just saying.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:16:37 AM
Merited by HairyMaclairy (1)

I concede that if you have a large financial stake in Bitcoin and are not running a full node, then you are a fool.  

Mentally, foolish me, I take back the merit that I just foolishly sent to your previous post, before I realized that I was a fool.

You have ruined my foolish free-rider mood.   Cry Cry    Tongue
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:20:17 AM

I know. I know.

Fair enough...

Just like any good inside trader, you should not disclose to us about the exact end of your capitulation until you have well-established your BTC stash.   Wink  just saying.

Bleh, my stash count won't change much just by my fresh fiat. That's probably what makes me refrain from buying right now (plus other personal circumstances... timing sucks). At this point it would be easier to increase my stash by trading than by using my available fiat. Unless I went full retarded and bet it all I have (and NEED)... which I won't.

Being a very small, even insignificant, fish in this pool I see absolutely no problem telling my actions.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:22:23 AM

cannot quote ^^^it properly.
It's not mining elitism, it is how it works since Satoshi made it public.
If you think that owning btc makes you or anyone else a contributor, no it does not (in a POW system), but it does in a POS system where you mine using your stake.
IN POW system miners and node-owners control the system.
Simply owning btc is OK, but you are effectively cut off out of all decision making that might affect your btc.
This is just a statement of fact, nothing personal.

You are taking a technology centric view and ignoring economic soft power.  UASF proved the strength of economic hodlers.  Don't get fooled by Bcash propaganda that miners vote.  They can just fork off and take their hashpower elsewhere and good luck to them.

UASF proved the power of users with nodes, NOT the hodlers. Hodlers were totally out of the loop and were not in the decision making.
In fact, economic powers such as coinbase and barry silbert's fund were not able to do anything because nodes said (indirectly) that they will go with the core and it was not economical for miners to go and do a split.
They would have been losing many millions a day. It is a bit funny that you are indirectly arguing for POS (power to hodlers) while saying that POW is better. No paradox here?

"UASF stands for User Activated Soft Fork.
It’s a mechanism where the activation time of a soft fork occurs on a specified date enforced by full nodes; a concept sometimes referred to as the economic majority."
https://cointelegraph.com/explained/uasf-vs-uahf-explained

"The network is robust in its unstructured simplicity. Nodes work all at once with little coordination. They do not need to be identified, since messages are not routed to any particular place and only need to be delivered on a best effort basis. Nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone. They vote with their CPU power, expressing their acceptance of valid blocks by working on extending them and rejecting invalid blocks by refusing to work on them. Any needed rules and incentives can be enforced with this consensus mechanism." by Satoshi N.

Cutting through all of it, the miners will follow the money, because they have to follow the money.  They have to pay electricity expenses (which is in sharp contrast to POS where stakers pay nothing - hence the nothing at stake problem even if Vitalik thinks it doesn't apply - he's wrong)

But in this case, economic soft power and nodes are aligned.  

Nicely put.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:32:32 AM
Merited by Dabs (2)

Mentally, foolish me, I take back the merit that I just foolishly sent to your previous post, before I realized that I was a fool.

You have ruined my foolish free-rider mood.   Cry Cry    Tongue

Well, that's like, just my opinion, man

I have returned your merit.  I hope we are square now. 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:37:01 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

I know. I know.

Fair enough...

Just like any good inside trader, you should not disclose to us about the exact end of your capitulation until you have well-established your BTC stash.   Wink  just saying.

Bleh, my stash count won't change much just by my fresh fiat. That's probably what makes me refrain for buying right now. At this point it would be easier to increase my stash by trading than by my available fiat. Unless I went full retarded and bet it all I have... which I won't.

Being a very little fish in this pool I see absolutely no problem telling my actions.

Hey.. bitserve, ... a few posts back Searing confessed to an amount of BTC sales and the amount that he has so far been able to purchase back (presumably at a bit lower prices than the sales price).

I can relate to his situation, but I don't want to provide that many specifics about things that can happen to cause a person to sell more BTC than preferred. 

I do believe that it is less of a BIG deal for HODLers like Searing and perhaps others in similar circumstances to be forced to sell part of his/her BTC stash when their BTC stash is in decent profits.  It would be much less desirable for someone to sell portions of his/her BTC stash if the BTC stash is not in profits.... which would be a sign of having had over-invested at too high of a price

Currently, I have re-established decently strong BTC buy back points at several places between here and $2k.. including several additional buy back points that I have recently re-established in the supra $3k price arena. 

If I don't buy back (because the BTC does not reach those buy orders), then that is o.k... too...   Like many BTC HODLers/accumulators in this thread, I feel that I have stacked a decent quantity of BTC to feel a preference for going UP.

Also, when the BTC price does begin to go up (that is if it does), then frequently a lot of us will be posting our regrets that we did not buy a bit more at $3,xxx or whatever other number that we failed to execute our buying of BTC.  On the other hand, the reality of the matter is that with our total cashflow and cash availability, it might be foolish to buy exactly at these prices and even at any supra-$3k price because we might not have enough fiat, in reserves, to justify such a purchase... and still be insured for sub-$3k, if it were to happen in the coming months.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:40:38 AM
Merited by bones261 (2), Paashaas (1), 600watt (1)

A busy day of bag filling or maybe re-filling depending on your perspective continues as bitcoin consolidates in the $3.9k range before another likely attempt at $4k+. If further gains are to be had I think we would see a completion of this C&H structure even though it might end up looking more like a frying pan. #dyor and #btd

1h

D

#stronghands'19
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:48:23 AM

I know. I know.

Fair enough...

Just like any good inside trader, you should not disclose to us about the exact end of your capitulation until you have well-established your BTC stash.   Wink  just saying.

Bleh, my stash count won't change much just by my fresh fiat. That's probably what makes me refrain for buying right now. At this point it would be easier to increase my stash by trading than by my available fiat. Unless I went full retarded and bet it all I have... which I won't.

Being a very little fish in this pool I see absolutely no problem telling my actions.

Hey.. bitserve, ... a few posts back Searing confessed to an amount of BTC sales and the amount that he has so far been able to purchase back (presumably at a bit lower prices than the sales price).

I can relate to his situation, but I don't want to provide that many specifics about things that can happen to cause a person to sell more BTC than preferred.  

I do believe that it is less of a BIG deal for HODLers like Searing and perhaps others in similar circumstances to be forced to sell part of his/her BTC stash when their BTC stash is in decent profits.  It would be much less desirable for someone to sell portions of his/her BTC stash if the BTC stash is not in profits.... which would be a sign of having had over-invested at too high of a price

Currently, I have re-established decently strong BTC buy back points at several places between here and $2k.. including several additional buy back points that I have recently re-established in the supra $3k price arena.  

If I don't buy back (because the BTC does not reach those buy orders), then that is o.k... too...   Like many BTC HODLers/accumulators in this thread, I feel that I have stacked a decent quantity of BTC to feel a preference for going UP.

Also, when the BTC price does begin to go up (that is if it does), then frequently a lot of us will be posting our regrets that we did not buy a bit more at $3,xxx or whatever other number that we failed to execute our buying of BTC.  On the other hand, the reality of the matter is that with our total cashflow and cash availability, it might be foolish to buy exactly at these prices and even at any supra-$3k price because we might not have enough fiat, in reserves, to justify such a purchase... and still be insured for sub-$3k, if it were to happen in the coming months.

I think Searing doesn't mean that he has bought back, but that he has recovered some by selling his mining equipment. Anyway, considering that he basically only got rid of around 10% of his stash and extracted enough fiat to be covered until full retirement, he obviously did the right thing. And still have more than enough to accomplish an awesome jackpot if Bitcoin keeps growing the following years. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I recognise that I am currently being biased by my actual circumstances, which are far from ideal to increase my risk stake. Otherwise I would probably be acting very differently. I need to be extremely cautious right now, even if that means I am giving up to some potential (yet risky) profits. Again, a mans gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:49:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

ETH has another hardfork scheduled in the coming days?

from what I understand (I don't follow this shitcoin) first I think was supposed to be Casper and that failed then Constantinople(?) and that turns out to have a unresolveable logic error that got it pulled at the last minute so (P)iece (O)f (S)Hit ETH is still just Piece of shit (L)ite right now.

Think about that marketing campaign from the past few years. They promised glitter and glamour, mountains of gold. Vitalik playing highground lecturing people how to make to best Blockchain. Rehasing PoS narrative.

And what do i see at the end of the day: half baked bullshit.

Jezus christ...even that simpel Domino pizza Lightning app is more promising that all ETH dApps combined Shocked
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:17:08 AM

You have ruined my foolish free-rider mood.   Cry Cry    Tongue

Well, that's like, just my opinion, man

I have returned your merit.  I hope we are square now. 

I was teasing a bit about my having had prematurely sent a merit to you because I was trying to exaggerate that I had sent such merit with a kind of consideration that we were largely on the same page regarding the node, mining, POW subject. 

Your earlier response seemed to have summarized an angle that I had been attempting to make in a better way than me, and so I thought that we were making a lot of the same points.  Sure, even though not necessary, the received merit did help my mood, a bit..... hahahahahaha   

By the way, I have already learned to put into practice some abilities to not become too preoccupied regarding what other people might think about me and my actions, whether they say it or not (directly or indirectly).  In this topic, I do believe that there are a variety of ways and abilities that people can choose to contribute or participate in bitcoin and the bitcoin system (or not to contribute/participate).

Of course, some kinds of contribution/participation carry more weight in terms of control, policing, voting or monitoring bitcoin security, and also maybe differences in the mobility of some means of participation or even the technical abilities, skills and time might restrict the ability of various persons to run a node or to even know what the fuck a node is (and surely, I question if such people need to either run a node or to mine BTC in terms of what they are wanting to get from bitcoin and their weighing of the benefits and the risks of various kinds of participation that might we within their abilities and skillsets). 

Maybe the "foolish not to run a full node" is one of those acceptable differences of opinions to agree to disagree regarding what constitutes a fool and in what circumstances.  Likely, I have already outlined my position, sufficiently, in earlier posts, especially the concept that there are various ways for person to chose to benefit from the existence of a system such as bitcoin and there remains a decent amount of freedom in bitcoin that electively allows individuals discretion to choose the extent to which they participate in either attempts at governance or their participation in the policing of the BTC system including whether to run a node or to mine.... or just to speculate on hookers, blow and lambos with their BTC profits..

I find it a bit appalling for some folks to be suggesting that BTC hodler/accumulators have to engage in a certain kind of behavior such as mining or node running in order to either be full-fledged bitcoin citizen or a prudent bitcoin actor.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:19:08 AM

All good.  I am teasing you a bit as well!
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:52:46 AM

Maybe it was intended to be, because it was already all it needed to be, and a damned sight better than a bastardized knockoff with a segwit poison pill.

I have followed through your arguments vs HM's. So it's pretty pointless to have this discussion.
I would probably believe such intentions, if they did not originate from a reputed con man.
Have you heard him express himself? Drug dealers on the streets are nicer.

Craig is not the coin. The coin is defined by the protocol. Period. Peeps is just peeps.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 06:00:29 AM

...for some folks to be suggesting that BTC hodler/accumulators have to engage in a certain kind of behavior such as mining or node running in order to either be full-fledged bitcoin citizen or a prudent bitcoin actor.

you can be a prudent bitcoin actor by holding btc.
you cannot be a bitcoin citizen (which votes) without mining and/or node running.

extending your analogy a bit, those who simply hodl could be compared to US green card holders: basically all (or almost all) rights, but NO voting rights.
Pages: « 1 ... 22630 22631 22632 22633 22634 22635 22636 22637 22638 22639 22640 22641 22642 22643 22644 22645 22646 22647 22648 22649 22650 22651 22652 22653 22654 22655 22656 22657 22658 22659 22660 22661 22662 22663 22664 22665 22666 22667 22668 22669 22670 22671 22672 22673 22674 22675 22676 22677 22678 22679 [22680] 22681 22682 22683 22684 22685 22686 22687 22688 22689 22690 22691 22692 22693 22694 22695 22696 22697 22698 22699 22700 22701 22702 22703 22704 22705 22706 22707 22708 22709 22710 22711 22712 22713 22714 22715 22716 22717 22718 22719 22720 22721 22722 22723 22724 22725 22726 22727 22728 22729 22730 ... 33299 »
  Print  

Jump to: